Cavemen : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2007
5.2

1. AndrewH.
    Nov 20, 2007
    Dumb, and obvious, yes. But also occasionally insightful and quite often funny.
  2. Drew
    Oct 8, 2007
    I actually thought it was good. I was glad to see that kept it like the original commercials. I like these cavemen.
  3. JasonD.
    Oct 16, 2007
    The original pilot was inspired. Naturally the critics universally hated it, so the show was retooled. After toning down the allegorical satire the critics hated so much, they found a whole slew of new reasons to hate it. The show is funny as it is, but hopefully ABC will wise up to the fact that this is never going to be a critics darling and push the envelope a bit more in upcoming The original pilot was inspired. Naturally the critics universally hated it, so the show was retooled. After toning down the allegorical satire the critics hated so much, they found a whole slew of new reasons to hate it. The show is funny as it is, but hopefully ABC will wise up to the fact that this is never going to be a critics darling and push the envelope a bit more in upcoming episodes. Its very trendy to hate this show right now, but it still seems to be drawing respectable ratings, and the ads on ESPN suggest ABC hasn't totally given up on the idea. Here's hoping they stick to their guns, tell the shrieking violets in the media to get over it, and give them a show they can really hate for years to come. Expand
  4. PeteS.
    Oct 10, 2007
    This show is funny. I like it and will contiue to watch. Haters, quit posting bad comments. I am sure most of the HATERS have never even seen the show. Some people have nothing better to do than blast stuff they know nothing about!! This show is better than most of the crap out there.
  5. HugoX.
    Oct 6, 2007
    This show is seriously funny, it`s definitely a must watch... I don`t know why ya`ll be hatin`.
  6. NerdlyS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Pretty good! I know it will be cancelled soon, but hey, I like the show. I think a lot of the jokes would be funny even if they weren't cavemen. There have been dumber shows on TV. Admit it.
  7. AnneE.
    Oct 3, 2007
    This show was great. Finally something different. The critics have read too much into it. It's hip and clever. It doesn't have to be about racisim. They're give Cavemen -- give me a break ! Let us just enjoy a show like this once in a while without having to assign it all kinds of social meaning. Very funny. I hope it stays on the air ! The critics are really out of touch This show was great. Finally something different. The critics have read too much into it. It's hip and clever. It doesn't have to be about racisim. They're give Cavemen -- give me a break ! Let us just enjoy a show like this once in a while without having to assign it all kinds of social meaning. Very funny. I hope it stays on the air ! The critics are really out of touch on this one. Expand
  8. KellyQ.
    Oct 3, 2007
    it wasn't the funniest show ever, but it was a good pilot. i think it'll be better after a few eps if people give it a shot.
  9. KrisW.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Way better than I thought it would be. I went in thinking it was going to suck (love the commercials tho') and I actually want to watch the next few episodes.
  10. KeeganB.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Really funny. It seems like no one is giving it a chance at all.
  11. DebiB.
    Oct 8, 2007
    30 mins is too short for a good story line. Needs to be longer.
  12. DennisG
    Oct 9, 2007
    Heck of a lot better than I expected (just finished 2nd episode). No laughtrack, that's a good thing. No toilet humor, also good.
  13. BillyJeanKing
    This show is hillarious.
  14. saraj
    Oct 11, 2007
    I found this show to be better than I expected. Unlike most shows on tv now (crime dramas or shows dealing with unbelievable feats of forensic science), this show made me laugh outloud when I was supposed to laugh outloud. I think the people who hate this show, hate the idea of a commercial being turned into a tv show more then the show itself. But its not everyone's cup of tea, I I found this show to be better than I expected. Unlike most shows on tv now (crime dramas or shows dealing with unbelievable feats of forensic science), this show made me laugh outloud when I was supposed to laugh outloud. I think the people who hate this show, hate the idea of a commercial being turned into a tv show more then the show itself. But its not everyone's cup of tea, I personally think the show 'How I Met Your Mother' is utterly atrocious. Expand
  15. DarrinT.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Totally hillarious . Best show on TV. Great writing and acting. I think the critics are afraid of what they don't understand or it's just easier to be a hater and follow the crowd. Love the show.
  16. MartyP
    Oct 12, 2007
    This show is very, very funny. Stop being snobby and give it a chance!
  17. TaylorL
    Oct 14, 2007
    I tuned in to see how bad it was, and was instead surprised by a pretty funny half-hour. The jokes were situational and really reminded me of Seinfeld a lot.
  18. jay
    Oct 16, 2007
    I liked it a lot and laughed heartily. It also has a good chance at really poking a lot of fun at political correctness and the whole touchy tension-filled situation around that (the n word, minority identity, etc) that fills our culture wars. it would be great to be able to laugh at some of that touchiness for a change. I really like it so far and I think, given a chance, it can fulfill I liked it a lot and laughed heartily. It also has a good chance at really poking a lot of fun at political correctness and the whole touchy tension-filled situation around that (the n word, minority identity, etc) that fills our culture wars. it would be great to be able to laugh at some of that touchiness for a change. I really like it so far and I think, given a chance, it can fulfill all that potential too. And if it winds up being seinfeld-with-cavement, well thats pretty funny too. Collapse
  19. LindaP
    Oct 16, 2007
    I was looking forward to the show after being tickled by the commercials. The characters are whiny wimpy funny in their own right, but for them to happen to be cavemen just adds to the absurdity and silliness which is why I enjoy from watching them.
  20. JohnD.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Yes, Cavemen is stupid, but after accepting that premise one can enjoy its very real wit and silliness. The characters are actually quite clever and likable, and the show makes me laugh. A masterpiece it ain't, but a fun 30 minutes it is. Too many critics were predisposed to pan it, which is a pity.
  21. JuneS.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Please Give It A Chance !!! We Love it !!!
  22. jonc.
    Excellent show love it.
  23. ShawnS
    Oct 22, 2007
    This is a show about nothing. Which is exactly why I love this show. Society has got so incredibly over serious. Sure I love dramas like The Sopranos and Lost in which we invest much of our lives to the show- but why can't we just have some mindless fun watching a show that simple and fun. I love this show!
  24. GM.
    Oct 22, 2007
    This is the only decent new show this year.
  25. NickJ.
    Oct 23, 2007
    the show is hilarious. who cares what the hell they look like. the point is, American television is now really based on reality. we want everyday issues. here we go. a good tv show, with no dull moments. by the way, this is just a reminder. its just an idea for another comedy show. ideas. they get brought to the table hundreds by the hour. this one in my opinion is great. great actors, the show is hilarious. who cares what the hell they look like. the point is, American television is now really based on reality. we want everyday issues. here we go. a good tv show, with no dull moments. by the way, this is just a reminder. its just an idea for another comedy show. ideas. they get brought to the table hundreds by the hour. this one in my opinion is great. great actors, great plots, great script, great show. all they are, are cavemen. its funny to me. but the show is based on cavemen actually living in the modern day earth time. as if they never did disappear or whatever. its a great show, i love it. i would love to see a second season. if not, oh well. cause the first season has been delicious. thank you for your time Expand
  26. BenK
    Oct 24, 2007
    having watched three episodes, I like the personalities that are developing in each character. People, not everything has to be high-brow - I mean Monty Python is a CLASSIC and it's all low-brow schtick.
  27. MichelleA.
    Oct 26, 2007
    I love this show. It wasn't meant to be hysterical, but just a good show on life as cavemen. The interaction with the characters are good.
  28. JohnsonJ.
    Oct 29, 2007
    It is getting better with each episode. Nice work. I don't think America will get it though.
  29. ChanporyR.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Although every critic in America hates this show, I quite like it. No laugh track, no quirky sidekicks, and no big stars. Its a subtle humor with not so subtle makeup. I found the show interesting, ironic, and watchable. From reviews of the original pilot, I expected the racial allegory to be much more overt. Fortunately, it seems that stereotypes and obvious jokes have been toned down in Although every critic in America hates this show, I quite like it. No laugh track, no quirky sidekicks, and no big stars. Its a subtle humor with not so subtle makeup. I found the show interesting, ironic, and watchable. From reviews of the original pilot, I expected the racial allegory to be much more overt. Fortunately, it seems that stereotypes and obvious jokes have been toned down in favor of relationship tensions between the cavemen themselves. The show however fails to capture the cavemen angst as so brilliantly executed in the 30 second Geico commercials. If you're a fan of Family Matters, Full House, or Everybody Love Raymond, you won't like this show. But if you're a fan of off-beat comedy like MTV's short-lived The State, then the unusualness of this show might appeal to you. Sadly, I predict the show won't last long. It just doesn't have much appeal to a mass audience that would rather watch American Idol or slapstick sitcoms. Expand
  30. AidenS.
    Oct 3, 2007
    This show is hilarious. I would definitely watch it again. Great concept. Great characters. Very funny and original.
  31. PhD
    Oct 5, 2007
    I loved this show. Lots of juxtaposition- supposely being deficient in IQ yet acting elitist and intellectual
    Oct 7, 2007
    I hope ABC gives "Cavemen" a chance to prove its worthy an entire season. Some many fall season shows were aired near or on this date. I believe word of mouth and the YouTube crowd will support this show.
  33. GloriaJ
    Oct 7, 2007
    Great show. Worth a season's viewing.
  34. TopherL.
    Oct 8, 2007
    It seems most critics based this show entirely off the commercials. The show is great. The way I see it any show on tv today that doesn't use a laugh track to dumb down the audience is worth a viewing in my book. Plus all the references made make this worth viewing.
  35. GeraldV.
    Apr 16, 2008
    I loved this show. It was a shame it was taken off the air. I think people panned this show without even watching it, really. The characters were very likable and it made me laugh more than most sitcoms that have been on for years!
  36. RonaldB.
    Aug 9, 2008
    This is a comment for the latest commercial Caveman vs Billy Jean King in a tennis match sponsored by Geico. Everytime I think of the commercial I laugh. A must see.
  37. TupacS
    Nov 22, 2007
    I don't get how people don't like this show. It's very funny if you have a weird sense of humor.
  38. AliceS.
    Oct 16, 2007
    i like it coz it's funny to me , but it just depends on what you like
  39. RyanS.
    Oct 17, 2007
    I'll be the diversity in the crowd. I think the first episode was pretty impressive. It was well acted and the characters are well rendered, even though it was the first episode.
  40. CodyM
    Dec 15, 2007
    I love this show. Its very well written and a convenient vehicle for plays on stereotypes. I agree most people wont get it, imagination has been replaced by 'reality'.
  41. PeteM.
    Oct 23, 2007
    No, I am not a network plant. Actually, I am a middle aged guy who only watches about 5-10 hours of TV shows a week. And, this is 30 minutes of silliness that makes me laugh and I can watch with my teenagers. Keep the episodes coming, ABC.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 13 Critics

It’s easy to see why preview DVDs weren’t distributed–the show just isn’t funny.
  2. What few laughs were once there [in the orginal pilot] have now been effectively removed.
  3. A show that is no longer offensively not funny, just pointless and not funny.