• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 10, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.2

1. Feb 20, 2013
    Very underrated series right here. Been watching since the beginning of the season and though it took a little bit to speed up, it has now hit its groove. The acting is pretty good and the character development is fantastic.
  2. Mar 24, 2014
    Chicago Fire is basically a watchable show, although it lacks a lot of substance. Trying to be the ER of the CFD.....it just doesn't make it. The characters and the plots are interesting enough, but the execution is lacking. Trying to build dramatic incidents is becoming tedious. For some reason, the Chicago Police department is lacking and extremely slow to respond. There have been major fires, accidents, train wrecks and shootings in Chicago, and for some reason, the first responders on this show are always the firemen.......go figure. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2012
    Finally a show that actually has some reality to the firefighting part of the show. Its a very interesting and emotionally compelling show, and hope it gets renewed.
  4. Oct 20, 2012
    I love Chicago fire because it's an emotionally compelling show that has some sad moments and great characters. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes shows with a sad touch to them.
  5. Nov 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Chicago Fire is one of the best series I saw in my life, I saw work in House MD Jesse Spencer, and I realized he's a good actor, the series is recommended, I would like to have more reputation! Expand
  6. Nov 27, 2012
    I find Chicago fire to be quite a good watch so far. The main cast, as well as the love hate relationship between the 'heads' of the respective units makes for good drama. Glad Dick Wolf is taking on something other than Law and Order and doing a good job at it. Could use a bit more action, but other than that no complains to be honest.

Giving it an 8/10.
  7. Feb 1, 2013
    Tries to be too much like THIRD WATCH (and that was an awesome show!) This one is boring and not true to life at all............ I was disappointed after the first two episodes and never watched it again since!
  8. Apr 27, 2013
    The cast has a lot of personality an they flow together to make it a compelling show to watch.
    A show that zoom in and shows the team acting like a team..Fighting fires..Its not about one person being the hero all the time. There is so much room to grow with this show.
  9. Oct 21, 2013
    VERY action packed, likeable characters... love it love it!! Chicago Fire has unexpected twists, and shows diversity from other Emergency TV shows. Showing all aspects of a fire house, from captain to candidate.
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    Love it! Likeable characters, lots of action, beautiful people and great acting! Seriously underrated, it's got some familiar faces and has some great new ones too. I like it because it's actually a bit different, I've not watched a series like this before. Very good, highly recommend.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 22, 2012
    There are rivalries and feuds and dangerous situations, as well as a complete lack of personality. [29 Oct 2012, p.38]
  2. Reviewed by: Dorothy Rabinowitz
    Oct 12, 2012
    There didn't seem to be anything like [a plot] for the first two episodes, though there has been no lack of good looks, with Taylor Kinney and Jesse Spencer around and filling out their firemen togs nicely. Still there's hope. In episode three, to be exact, where we find a hint that the writers have caught on to the uses of a story line, this about a corrupt police detective.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 10, 2012
    There's no character you haven't seen before. More importantly, there's no character that hasn't been done much, much better elsewhere.