Chicago P.D. : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 8, 2014
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
7.6

1. May 14, 2014
    I love Chicago Fire and I love Chicago PD.
    Why ? Chicago PD is so different than other cop shows. It really nature, people here are not super humans, they have normal problems, struggling in dirty world.. especially Hank leader of IU.

Its way better than any law & order **** But americans are dumb........... I hope in 3rd season too
  2. Jan 24, 2014
    A great new cop drama, directed by Dick Wolf. Strong cast, interesting storyline each week and little focus on romantic drama - just the occasional hint of tension between characters. The show seems to be steadily improving each week, and has a lot of potential, with episodes to look forward to.
  3. Feb 23, 2014
    This show is awesome. My favorite new show. Love the characters. Fell in love with this show from the first episode. Sophia Bush is awesome, Jesse Lee Soffer is hot!! Erin and Jay chemistry is off the chart. This show is the best
  4. Feb 28, 2014
    My husband and I really enjoy Chicago PD. We moved away from the northwest side of Chicago (not a suburb) 1.5 years ago to southeast of the Twin Cities. I had lived my entire life (67years) in the same neighborhood. We love hearing the actors try their best in remembering how to pronounce Chicago - Sh caw go not Sh cah go! We love that we see the actual city, not just theMy husband and I really enjoy Chicago PD. We moved away from the northwest side of Chicago (not a suburb) 1.5 years ago to southeast of the Twin Cities. I had lived my entire life (67years) in the same neighborhood. We love hearing the actors try their best in remembering how to pronounce Chicago - Sh caw go not Sh cah go! We love that we see the actual city, not just the river and el and then filmed in Canada! We are happy that they mentioned particular places and schools even though I haven't heard of Chicago Med(ical) Hospital. I have to say that it does get a little rougher than I would like (in the cage), but we are still happy to see a production in Chicago. Keep it up! Expand
  5. Mar 19, 2014
    Really wonderful show! Sophia Bush is great and it's not just like every other cop show. Really great, I definitely recommend it!
    I find it's much better than Chicago Fire.. Less melodramatic and more of an actual plot.
  6. Oct 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Last Wednesday (10/7) I did something I rarely do--turned a show off in the middle. When they took a suspect into the interrogation room and started beating on him I'd had enough. Yes, he was an alleged pedophile but that's no excuse for what they were doing. Police brutality is a serious problem in our society and it has no place on TV unless the brutal cop is the perp in the story. They roughed people up a lot last season and now I've had enough. I won't be watching anymore. Expand
  7. Jan 16, 2014
    Seriously?? Are we talking about the same Dick Wolf? WTF is this sad excuse for a television show? This is one of the most incoherent cop melo-dramas I have ever laid my eyes on. No emotion, shifty characters and a story that sucks. How on earth could Dick Wolf produce such **** I swear if this show gets renewed and Law & Order Los Angeles didn't, I'm going to throw a fit. Dick Wolf hasSeriously?? Are we talking about the same Dick Wolf? WTF is this sad excuse for a television show? This is one of the most incoherent cop melo-dramas I have ever laid my eyes on. No emotion, shifty characters and a story that sucks. How on earth could Dick Wolf produce such **** I swear if this show gets renewed and Law & Order Los Angeles didn't, I'm going to throw a fit. Dick Wolf has lost his touch same counts for Law & Order SVU. Guess the audience now a days just wants a slow scripted show that a 5 year old could comprehend instead of a good written series. I'll stick to watching my law & order episodes from the 90's. Expand
  8. Jan 10, 2014
    the rest of the cast is spot on but the over the top throaty mumbling guy who leads the unit is a joke. poor choice. the rest of the cast seems genuine and a bit promising. i will give the show another chance but i don't know how much more gravely garble i can take.
  9. Mar 2, 2014
    I was excited after watching all the previews, but this really fizzled. I was lost after an unrealistic scene on the first episode where the guy keeps "cat calling" a police officer even after she identifies herself as a cop. That would NEVER happen, no one is that dumb. Just idiotic writing.
  10. May 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a native Chicagoan, and I was very excited that the pair of shows was being filmed in the city. To it's credit, the city is showcased in spectacular fashion. But that's just about where my admiration ends. The final shot inn my enjoyment of this show was the episode aired on 4/30--part two of the hospital bombing started on Chicago Fire. One thing that is extremely troubling to me is the police brutality--this is not a joke in this city, sadly. To have a show that glorifies something so troubling to the city. Are we supposed to forget that, every time a suspect is beaten, s/he is going to 1. not get jail time and 2. sue the city for millions, and most likely win? The violent Chicago cop is such a stereotype; it's not something that should be encouraged or glorified. The second problem I had with the show is just a silly thing from last night's show--the villains were from a "ranch outside of Kankakee". Well, there aren't a whole lot of ranches in these parts, guys. Lots of corn fields, and the occasional cow, but no ranches. Second problem I had was the reason the 'ranchers' were angry with the Chicago PD--apparently they were raided and family members were killed by the Chicago PD. What were the CPD doing in Kankakee?!? It's not even a suburb! Just foolish; a little research would have shown these errors. Expand
  11. Jan 16, 2014
    A cop spin-off from the fantastic show Chicago Fire. We follow the newly formed intelligence squad, lead by the one and only Sergeant Hank Voight. Fans of Chicago Fire will remember this guy as the dirty cop who wreaked havoc with Matthew Casey's life. So if you are going to go from watching Chicago Fire to this show then be in for some surprises. The dirty cop has got off the hook, notA cop spin-off from the fantastic show Chicago Fire. We follow the newly formed intelligence squad, lead by the one and only Sergeant Hank Voight. Fans of Chicago Fire will remember this guy as the dirty cop who wreaked havoc with Matthew Casey's life. So if you are going to go from watching Chicago Fire to this show then be in for some surprises. The dirty cop has got off the hook, not only is he being released from jail but he was given a promotion. He's a tough character to judge, for some reason he has found a moral compass which now just makes him come off as bipolar. Evil plans one scene then helping out a defenseless kid the next.

Seems to be the run of the mill American cop show, a lot of drama and many unanswered questions. As it is a spin off there will be plot holes, lets hope they can be answered so that viewers of both shows can fully enjoy the story.

Overall this hasn't shown anything new. You do get the odd scene which includes a cast member from Chicago Fire but these sometimes feel awkward and out of place. Give it a chance though, there's some good talent in the show and the story could head in an interesting direction. Only time will tell.
  12. Sep 9, 2014
    I've been getting bored with all the samey police dramas of late, that is until Chicago P.D. came along. With its great characters, light comedy moments, intense drama, and powerful story lines I find I'm genuinely looking forward to the next episode. Jason Beghe is outstanding playing the 'dirty' cop Head of the Chicago P.D.'s Intelligence Unit, and Sophia Bush is both gritty andI've been getting bored with all the samey police dramas of late, that is until Chicago P.D. came along. With its great characters, light comedy moments, intense drama, and powerful story lines I find I'm genuinely looking forward to the next episode. Jason Beghe is outstanding playing the 'dirty' cop Head of the Chicago P.D.'s Intelligence Unit, and Sophia Bush is both gritty and gorgeous. In fact all the characters are played to perfection Expand
  13. Nov 26, 2014
    One of my favorite shows... there have been lots of police shows over the years, but this is one of the better ones. It crosses over with Chicago Fire well.
  14. Mar 7, 2015
    I enjoy this spin off show from Chicago Fire. I also like it when they combine the both shows characters every now and again between show. Acting is good for the most part, and the plots are well done. I hope this doesn't get axed.
  15. May 14, 2015
    Gripping stories with characters you care about. Consistently excellent. Will buy Blu-Ray version someday to watch the whole season again -- something I almost never do.

1. Reviewed by: Jeff Korbelik
    Mar 27, 2014
    P.D.'s also loud--the percussive soundtrack is headache-inducing--formulaic and predictable, not at all like "The Shield."
    Chicago PD is a bad show. The dialogue is predictable, the acting is marginal, and the plots are the swept-up leftovers from the Dick Wolf Idea Factory.
    As executed, it almost seems like a parody of the genre.... Beghe's growly, macho performance is hard to stomach, getting in the way of even noticing the attractive supporting cast.