• Network: AMC
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 12, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.1

1. Feb 28, 2012
    My teenage son and I watched the show after The Walking Dead and we are addicted. The guys on the show come off as real people and are naturally funny. I don't know what it is but Bryan is very funny. We are worried that it won't get picked up for another season.
  2. Nov 29, 2012
    This show is awesome. It is a lot of fun. It reminds me of me and my friends. Only difference is The comic book men have the best job ever. Working at a comic book store.
  3. Dec 21, 2012
    MH Heintz's book "Black & White" rocks! His pencil's drawings offer a unique vision often full of sarcasm and dark humor that exercise your brain muscle...
  4. Jan 9, 2014
    Ok, before I begin this show is easily my favorite show I have watched since I watched Spongebob when I was a kid in the late 90's. So let us begin. The humor is extremely clever and witty but actually relates to the main focus of the show, that being comics and overall about the nerdy community. As a comic book and collectible collector ever since I was around the age of 4 it brought back a lot of amazing memories of my father and I going to conventions that were 3 hours away. Seeing the items that the customer bring in was also really awesome. The coolest part is seeing these people who work in the store and the people who are selling the items are so immersed into it. If shows passion that most shows don't show anymore. It is also very cool that the amount of pride they take being from Jersey. Which is refreshing to see people who love where there from. Overall this show is amazingly enjoyable and always making me laugh but also allowing me to enjoy a old past time of mine. I do understand that this show will not appeal to everyone, mainly because not everyone is a comic nerd like myself but, for me I love it. Expand
  5. Jan 22, 2014
    I approached this show ready to hate it as I had heard all the negative stuff on the Internet about it. However, after watching it, I have to say I really enjoy this show. The cast comes across as real people, and they are pretty upfront about what's staged and what isn't. It took a few episodes to find it's footing, but the Pawn Stars of Comics thing really works for me as a comic fan. It also has some extremely funny moments, and even a few touching sequences, like when you get to meet Bryan's niece, or see Walt tear up when he gets his anniversary surprise. It's not the greatest television show ever, but it's not trying to be, and that honesty is refreshing. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Ellen Gray
    Feb 10, 2012
    Given the characters who also turn up looking to sell comics and memorabilia, Smith's original idea--"Pawn Stars" with comics--might have been enough to win him a slot just about anywhere on cable. The podcast just makes it funnier.
  2. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    Feb 10, 2012
    Oddly enough, many viewers may not need to know DC Comics' Issue No. 1 chapter, verse and thought bubble to find Comic Book Men mildly amusing.
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Feb 10, 2012
    The illustrated title sequence of Comic Book Men depicts these guys as musclemen in tights, but the scenes that follow are strictly mild-mannered.