• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.8

1. Dec 13, 2011
    Consistently smart and funny, probably the best show on television. In a world where Kim Kardashian counts as entertainment, we need as many shows like this as possible.
  2. Oct 1, 2011
    Second funniest Thursday show, next to Parks and Rec :). I love the whole group. Except Pierce. Pierce is annoying. The theme song is so catchy, I have it on my iPod.
  3. Oct 25, 2011
    Community starts its third season off with the same brilliance it displayed before, remaining the most ambitious comedy at the moment as it dares to push the boundaries like none other. Jokes that work on various levels as well as the attention to detail in every episode make this my favourite comedy at the moment.
  4. Feb 10, 2012
    For fans of the first two seasons, season 3 can be very polarizing. From a creative and comic standpoint, the first half of season 3 is pure gold. However the new season hasn't had as much heart compared to season 1. Community may be flexing its muscle right now in terms of comedy, but I'd like a return to the season 1 balance between witty comedy and solid storytelling. All in all, a great comedy and one of my most favorite shows Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Great surreal comedy show, but at the same time strangely plausible which is part of the comedy aspect. Knocks those mockumentary shows out of the water easily each time. The paintball episodes are just genius.
  6. Jan 15, 2013
    The most astoundingnly, clever comedy to grace the small screen since Friends and Seinfeld. God, this comedy series just can't be described in words. You have to watch it imo, if you aren't you're really missing out.
  7. Dec 2, 2011
    Another great season, possibly the best one yet. I love all of them, Chang is sort of annoying but the rest are amazing. This is one of the greatest shows ever!
  8. Oct 3, 2011
    OK, well the first season I thought I liked the show, had some interesting twists. But as the second season came along, and now this one...it's just getting weirder and weirder. I just don't enjoy the show any more.
  9. Dec 17, 2011
    It is sad to hear that this show might not get a fourth season when it is one of the funniest and most heartfelt television shows on right now. Please save Community!
  10. Jun 16, 2012
    Fantastic SHOW! many TV shows rely on one person to hold the show together like charlie sheen in Two and a half men, or like Steve carrel in the office. but what is s great about community is that each of the characters are the main characters. this show has side characters that are better than the lead. Troy and Abed make the show they are so smart, witty and the chemistry in their bromance is awesome. Pierce, chang and the dean are also great. i love this show its so funny and the characters are great i care about them. please watch this show. Expand
  11. May 21, 2012
    The meta comedy sitcom returns and ends with a bang. The beauty of this season was not that it was weirder, but that the emotional bond of friendships are stronger when sticking together. Obviously, with community being the show it is, they did this in pure pop culture pleasantness. Much as Arrested Developments uncertainty and disappointing ending to the series, I had a feeling this would be the last season. Luckily, we will be treated to one more season at least. However, this goes without the original creator Dan Harmon. Also, like Arrested Development, this show has subtext under the subtext. The show is never afraid to poke fun at itself (with the countless paintball references in season 3) or never afraid to display humanity in such a silly yet effective way (Jeff Winger retrieving the invisible friendship hats). It has layers of comedy that people might get feel uncomfortable while watching. If you can speed through the first few episodes of the first season, I guarantee you'll have no problem getting caught up in a matter of days.

This season included a few episodes that will go down with the likes of Seinfeld and Arrested Development.

"Remedial Chaos Theory" - A bottle episode about six different timelines in Troy and Abed's apartment moving in party. An episode that would be difficult for a first time viewer to watch, but if you stayed loyal to the show you would value the humor of the different scenarios that can be played out with the "Greendale 7" and the chaos that would happen if you left one out of the group.

Documentary Filmmaking Redux - Greendale needs help recruiting more alumni so the Dean has the study group remake the campus recruitment video. This episode is through the camera Abed is filming with his documentary of the Dean's insanity that ensues when they found out Luiz Guzman would attend the commercial and play a part in it. Dean Pelton goes through a colossal meltdown for the ages. Annie goes nuts with stockholm syndrome. And Jeff Winger playing the Dean as a stand-in is hands down one of the funniest clips of the season.

Regional Holiday Musical - Everything you hated about Glee is addressed firmly in this episode, and it had it coming. Previously in Paradigms of Human Memory of Season 2 the study group recalls winning "regionals" for the Glee Club that were all killed in a bus accident. The group filled in and really took a punch at Glee. "What the hell are Regionals" about sums it up. You get Troy (Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino) making his first rap debut on Community with Abed. Shirley is conned into a children's choir. Pierce is taking credit for music today. And at the end Britta (Gillian Jacobs, absolutely fantastic this season by the way) stands-in for a song and totally blows it as she is a punchline all this season.

Pillows and Blankets Part 1 & 2 - These were two extremely different told episodes that fit accordingly. The second episode was one of the best of the season with a Ken Burns-esque War documentary over the Pillow and Blanket fight on the Campus. It is shot with so many different camers/phones/camcorders that it actually makes it feel right at home for anyone loving the History or Military Channel. I mentioned Jeff bringing Abed and Troy the invisible friendship hats, and this was that episode. It's a very touching moment between Abed (whom suffers from I believe Asbergers during the show) and Troy. It shows us that even the dumbest fights can bring two people closer.

Basic Lupine Urology - Wow.. I won't ruin it. Law and Order themed episode over a Yam and a car meth-lab explosion. Should be a frontrunner for an Emmy as best episode of a sitcom. Pure brilliance.

Digital Estate Planning/The First Chang Dynasty/Introduction to Finality - The show ended on an absolute bang. From the 8-bit Megaman/Mario homage episode as the characters playing as video-game avatars to Chang's dictator rule over Greendale set at a Ocean's 11 parody episode that delivered even more heart-felt moments. Introduction to Finality once again showed the evolution of friendship this group has. Jeff's speech at the end wasn't the usual sarcastic Jeff. It was an evolution of his character and accepting that he'd rather finish school with his friends than being a scumbag lawyer.

If you haven't checked out the show I highly suggest you do!
  12. May 26, 2013
    There were certainly more episodes that missed the mark in Community's third season than in the previous two but when a show is as ambitious as this and willing to try something different every week I for one am more than happy to cut it a little slack. Any sitcom that produces episodes as original, clever and as funny ‘Remedial Chaos Theory’ and ‘Digital Estate Planning’ is more than worthy of my time. Expand
  13. Jan 15, 2013
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    Best comedy on television. It continues to follow many traditional sitcom models for individual story structure, while also reinventing these themes with diverse and brilliant writing. This show does things that I have never seen a network show try before. I would say it exists somewhere in between Modern Family and Always Sunny, in that it has the ability to reach broader audiences and deserves critical acclaim while still being ridiculous and zany. I can understand how some people cannot completely get behind the lack of over arching story, but the pure humor is beyond that of any other show. Expand
  15. Jan 18, 2014
    Season 3 of Community did a great job of building on the success of season 2 and, having developed its cult status by this point, displayed the same brilliance and witty humor from the last season. While not as good as season 2, it came very close to delivering quite a few things that would remain consistent for future seasons, including Inspector Spacetime and the Evilist universe. This would be the last season with the full cast + Dan Harmon and it definitely shows. Some would say this was the beginning of the end, with Harmon leaving for Season 4, and with Chevy Chase and Donald Glover leaving the season after, so it's very nice to see what kind of creative ideas came about because of this season. While not the peak of the series, Season 3 left such a great impression on me that I definitely recommend everyone watch it, if only to see how great T.V. can be with the right cast and series producer. Expand
  16. Apr 23, 2012
    Arguably the funniest show on TV. Season 1 is perfect. Season 2 is great. Season 3 is still pretty awesome (although there have been a few misses). Regardless I hope it gets one more season and finishes out all the plot and story lines. Always excited for it every week. (and I am just copying this for each season)
  17. Mar 11, 2012
    As already hinted at by Abed, since series one, this show has been taking a slightly different direction. Season 1 was a sitcom with an overarching plot, similar to Scrubs, I suppose. Season 2 was just a series of episodes that were fun to watch. Season 3 seems to just be heading deeper down that path, in that every character is now essentially an unrealistic caricature of their season 1 self. Whether or not this works well, remains to be seen. Expand
  18. May 21, 2012
    This season is just as inventive and hilarious as the second season. I love the whole thing about the air conditioning society and I love that John Goodman is the secret president of it all.
  19. Jul 6, 2012
    The second season was epic, but this season was even better! I loved everything, also all the characters! Even Pierce. Episodes like Remedial Chaos Theory or Pillows and Blankets were one of the examples. A thing, I loved the "weird" episodes of last season (like Abed's Uncontrollable, Cooperative's exc.), but this season haven't got so many, but it's still funny. However, I love this show. #sixseasonsandamovie Expand
  20. Jul 16, 2012
    There is absolutely nothing to dislike about Community. One of the funniest and smartest shows on TV, with a few that keep the level of comedy high (
  21. Aug 4, 2012
    I seriously keep thinking Community has set a standard it can
  22. Nov 20, 2012
    This show is hilarious the only reason i watched it was because of Chevy Chase. This show is a show for everyone, one episode will be western themed, the next a Christmas cartoon themed, and then a musical episode. Then of course the show has "normal" episodes. But what I am trying to say is,it is unlike anything else out there on television.
  23. Jan 29, 2013
    Love, love, love. I absolutely cannot wait until the next season. The characters actually have depth, though at the same time, they're kind of caricatures. It's weird, but it works. I adore Jeff, I absolutely adore him. This show just keeps getting better. I kind of loathed the clay-mation episode last season and was glad to see that there wasn't one in this season. This show is especially great for those who catch the references made to different movies, TV shows, etc. Collapse
  24. May 9, 2014
    Community season 3 has still the same vibes as it did with season 2 not much of an improvement but its not necessarily a bad thing since they're still great with there cast and direction it still reigns as one of the best comedy shows around.
  25. Feb 16, 2014
    Community Season 3 is yet another great season, this show just seems to get more funnier with each season, the dialogue is perfect and without a doubt Troy(Donald Glover) and Abed(Danny Pudi) steal the show,its just a shame that Community is getting less episodes by each season.
  26. Mar 2, 2014
    Smart, creative, funny, self aware and surreal. 3rd season is an overdose of what is great about Community in the first two seasons; some might find it just absurd and stop following the show, but if you are watching Community today, probably this is the season that got you addicted to it.

1. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Mar 16, 2012
    Community stands on its own intangible excellence.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Mar 15, 2012
    Normal is overrated. Give me whimsy, dreams and Evil Troy and Evil Abed any day. Give me extraordinary. Give me Community.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Lechevallier
    Nov 7, 2011
    Community is at its most watchable not when it's tackling some real-world hot-button issue via the guise of a Greendale Community College campus event, but when it's examining the interactions of its main characters.