• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 17, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
8.7

1. Nov 1, 2014
    This is one of the best comedy TV shows out there. Filled with movie/TV references, spoofs, and many more. Also, acting by Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, and Danny Pudi are excellent. Would definitely recommend to all people who wants a good laugh. Thank god for Yahoo for reviving this show. #sixseasonsandamovie
  2. Aug 22, 2014
    Community is one of my favorite shows of all time. The best part is the show is always managing to find something to do. From D&D to paintball, they never feel like there not doing something awesome. There is an entire episode where they search for a pen in the study room and they even lampshade there in a bottle episode and it is utterly perfect. Theirs an episode with Zombies, three about Blanket forts with one being a pillow fight between the legit country of Pillowtown and Blanketsburg, an episode in a 8-bit video game, and a entire episode showing the creation of seven different timelines depending on who goes to get the pizza. It's the fact that these are all so crazy and weird that the fact they work perfectly and hilariously makes this show the greatest ever willing to do ideas and plots other shows won't touch. The mere fact they can have the group sit in the study room all episode playing D&D, looking for a pen or being interrogated with a lied detector and have it be a highlight of the season makes it perfectly utterly brilliant. The cast is also excellent with Danny Pudi, Donald Glover, and Alison Brie being just awesome. I would go on but I'm running out of words and comparisons to make so you can understand how good it is. Expand
  3. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    Some Community episodes are immature, but some are so immature that they're either very good or so ridiculously funny (Paintball War, Zombie Apocalypse, etc.).
  4. May 9, 2014
    The best part of a new show is when you truly enjoy every bit of it. Community is this fresh new take on meta humor and great writing that gives this show a whole new following with its brilliant cast and crew.
  5. Apr 10, 2014
    This is by far the cleverest comedy on tv, dialogs are incredibly witty, the characters development through the 5 seasons has been crazy funny, this is not the tipical sicom and thats precisely its hightlight.
  6. Feb 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I gotta say I was afraid of what would happen to the show after Pierce and Troy left, but this episode [S05 E06] was awesome. The new members of the "greendale seven" are as good as the old ones. Professor Duncan should continue being a regular character. I would love for Abed to start a weird romantic relationship, they could be the new weird 'couple'. All in all, I think that the show is taking an amazing path and I'm really enjoying those old characters coming back. Expand
  7. Feb 16, 2014
    Community Season 1 is one of the Best Tv Shows out today, with its smart humor I've never laughed so hard I can easily say this is one of my favorite shows of all time, I'm so glad i found out about this show.
  8. Feb 14, 2014
    The best comedy show ever...... first 3 episode are a little slow, but after that it's a joy ride. very few shows can match the kind of charisma this show has.
  9. Jan 14, 2014
    The first season for Community set the ground work for what it would eventually become but it went through a bit of a rough patch in its infancy. Sure, some of the storylines in the first season set up classic ones in the coming seasons but this show fell prey to some obvious T.V. tropes that set it back. It wasn't till the second season, where it established its own identity that it took off. That's not to say this was a bad season. It was far better than most of the crap they put on T.V. and call "comedy" but it never really had an identity. The biggest thing was the characters didn't really develop, except for Abed. Abed quickly became the best part of the show with his witty dialogue and wonderful interaction with the rest of the cast. He really carried this first season, while the rest of the characters took longer to develop, with some even waiting till the following seasons to grow as a character. The show was good but it took something else to make it a classic, and that's what it got in season 2. But this first season is still good and I would definitely recommend watching it before going to season 2. Expand
  10. Dec 11, 2013
    Over the course of its first season, I have really come to like "Community" very much. The highlights of the first season are "Comparative Religion" (episode 12) and "Modern Warfare" (episode 23). Every episode is unique in its own way by either parodying some cult movie or just playing with the dynamics and relationships between the characters.
  11. Nov 26, 2013
    This show is extremely funny with a great plot. It has that fresh feeling that actually gives me a fresh feeling. I don't think a show has ever done that in a long time.
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    The first season is amazingly funny and characters are great to watch. In later seasons thou it like some dropped the ball and the show turns into a kind of caricature of it self
  13. Sep 9, 2013
    One of the most underrated shows in the industry. With the exception of the fourth season, this show is witty, unconventional, and well-written with characters I've come to love. Definitely a show I look forward to (when Dan Harmon writes).
  14. Aug 1, 2013
    The start to one of the best series that has ever aired. The first 6 episodes are poor in comparison to the rest of the series and another comedy series. If you have patience and manage to get past the terrible first episode.
  15. Jun 17, 2013
    Loved everything about the first 3 episodes, yes I just started but who cares I'm lucky. So far it shows romantic and a funny storyline along with a heartfelt family like study group. Perfect.
  16. May 26, 2013
    Set in Greendale Community college Community centres around a group of seven misfits who at first have nothing in common other than the fact that they all in Senor Chang's Spanish 101 class yet, despite their contrasting personalities, they soon form a tight knit group.

For me Community, with its mix of oddball characters and self-awareness, can be most closely compared to another
    excellent sitcom in Arrested Development. As with Arrested Development this first season does take a few episodes to really get going but, once viewers become familiar with the characters, it is rare that an episode fails to deliver plenty of laughs and any film/TV nerds like me will just love episodes like 'Modern Warfare'. With such attention to detail every episode can be enjoyed over and over again as each time you will spot or pick up on something you missed the first time around. I hope Community stays around for as long as possible. Expand
  17. May 14, 2013
    This is absolutely the funniest comedy I have ever seen. Previously I had believed that The Office, Parks and Recreation, and Arrested Developments were all excellent comedy shows but Community absolutely blows them out of the water. The writing is fresh, the characters unique and exciting, the plots are fun and engaging, and it all blends together for one of the most hysterical and enjoyable experiences on TV. I highly recommend this show to anyone looking for a laugh or just for a simple night of entertainment. Expand
  18. aev
    Jan 30, 2013
    This show is sooo boring. The actors are not funny at all. I love comedies but this show just really bored me to tears. Plus Joel McHale has gotten so arrogant since he was on The Soup.
  19. Jan 30, 2013
    It took me about 6 episodes but I now love this show. It's weird, unique and fresh. Despise Chevy Chase (in general) but absolutely love everyone else.
  20. Jan 29, 2013
    My favourite show on Television right now. Took me a while to get into, but I adore it now. The script is funny and occasionally delightfully offensive. I can understand why people who actually attend community college would be insulted by the 'community college students are all losers' stereotype Community portrays, but I, personally, absolutely adore it.
  21. Jan 15, 2013
    The most astoundingnly, clever comedy to grace the small screen since Friends and Seinfeld. God, this comedy series just can't be described in words. You have to watch it imo, if you aren't you're really missing out.
  22. Jan 15, 2013
    Community is just, well it can't be described in words unfortunately. Community is by far the best comedy show/series since friends in my opinion. Yes it IS that good, just watch it and you will know why, it's just unexplanable.
  23. Jan 5, 2013
    The smartest sit-com on TV. Filled with tons of little gems but it probably will take viewing a few episodes to get past the sit-com format and see the underlying brilliance.
  24. Nov 20, 2012
    This show is hilarious the only reason i watched it was because of Chevy Chase. This show is a show for everyone, one episode will be western themed, the next a Christmas cartoon themed, and then a musical episode. Then of course the show has "normal" episodes. But what I am trying to say is,it is unlike anything else out there on television.
  25. Oct 29, 2012
    this is one of the best comedy shows on the tv. I love it! i'm so happy Comedy Central showing it in the netherlands! Best character for me is Ken Jeong.
  26. Oct 21, 2012
    this show gets a lot of undue attention on the internet, where fans seem to paint it as the Breaking Bad of comedy in terms of quality of writing and acting. this is not the case. this is the same mediocre comedy that's been on television for decades, only they've left out the laugh track. is the cast great? yes. but the writing and direction is also mediocre and occasionally embarrassingly awful. this show doesn't hit the highs of the greatest television sitcoms, like the first few seasons of the American Office or Arrested Development. not even close. the fact that it (and the similarly mediocre/redundant/derivative Parks & Recreation) has been attributed so much hype only shows how stale network sitcoms have become. Collapse
  27. Aug 30, 2012
    it is a great sitcom because you don't have does annoying fake laughs
  28. Jul 2, 2012
    The show gets better and better each season. Donald Glover (Troy) is hilarious every episode with his one liners. You will laugh out loud every episode and quote lines on a daily basis. Gets strange at sometimes but maintains the comedy.
  29. Jun 8, 2012
    Took me a while to figure out this is the "Arrested Development" of the twenty-teens (or at least the closest thing to AD). Now I'm going back thru seasons one and two and catching episodes I missed.
  30. May 18, 2012
    This a world were fan-service rubbish like Sherlock has universal acclamation and a show that actually is clever has critics panning it. Community actually is a truly smart show with actual plots and writers that care about more than turning out "super-rad" one-liners. In what universe are NBC comedies staring Joe McHale smarter than BBC series with Martin Freedman? This one I guess. We may be in the worst possible time-stream. everybody cut out a beard. Expand
  31. Apr 23, 2012
    Arguably the funniest show on TV. Season 1 is perfect. Season 2 is great. Season 3 is still pretty awesome (although there have been a few misses). Regardless I hope it gets one more season and finishes out all the plot and story lines. Always excited for it every week.
  32. Mar 15, 2012
    In order to appreciate Community, it's necessary to be patient and watch the characters development. I fell in love with it after the first episode, but it took a few episodes for others to understand the characters and humor. Unlike the Big Bang Theory and other spoon-fed sticoms, the humor is in layers and requires an attentive mind that can pick up quick references, in a similar way that Arrested Development was written. It's a unique series, and I hope that after the hiatus it can continue to deliver the quirkiness and weirdness I've grown to love and appreciate. Expand
  33. Mar 12, 2012
    Best comedy currently on NBC. As good as Arrested Development and Modern Family. This show puts Big Bang Theory to shame.
  34. Feb 17, 2012
    There are a few shows that push the boundaries and move into something of a creative realm. This is one of those shows; with constant nods to movies, and othe pop culture it is a show made for and appreciated well. There are episodes that stand out like the Paintball episodes, Abeds claymation episode, and others. Written well and acted well.
  35. Feb 13, 2012
    This is the funniest show on television right now. If you are new to the show don't start with the pilot, I really get the feeling that because the pilot sucked they thought it would be scrapped so told the writers to do whatever until they got the axe. After the first run of episodes the show finds its stride so I would really recommend watching this show in case its cancelled for good.
  36. Jan 23, 2012
    You either love or hate show, and I can't stand it. In my opinion, this show caters to people with a schizoid-type personality: socially awkward, eccentric, snarky, emotionally flat, critical, pretentious, quiet, and very neurotic. Just my two cents.
  37. Jan 19, 2012
    I'll admit the pilot and start of Season 1 may seem very forced but Iove how this show develops! It's one that once I started watching I'd say "one more episode..." to myself. Definitely up there with Arrested Development and Clone High on the humour stakes.
  38. Jan 11, 2012
    Go Greendale! The best comedy show on air. Each episode is a surprise, and humor is bright and quick. The characters have extreme personalities, but this is fun!
    Each week waiting for the new episode, and now I hope that NBC continues it! Please!
  39. Jan 6, 2012
    My sister got me to watch the first paintball episode. From then on, I was watching it regularly. I love the characters and the comedy. The consistency has been lacking, though; between the good episodes and the occasional standout is the occasional lame episode. As someone who loves the show, that won't stop me from coming back next week...but when I recommend the show to a friend and their first experience is a mediocre one, I can't blame them for giving this show a pass. Expand
  40. Jan 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the best comedy show ever nough said Expand
  41. Dec 30, 2011
    Okay, so because it was on NBC I didn't give the show a shot when its first season aired because to be honest most of what NBC calls funny (i.e. Seinfeld and Friends, etc) I don't find funny. But when Season 2 was running (almost end of Season 2) I watched a clip of the Fistful of Paintballs and I was in. I immediately gobbled up what I could on Hulu and then backtracked from there. Its just too good to describe in 150 words. Watch it, tell your friends, and save it. Expand
  42. Dec 29, 2011
    First off I would like to point out most of the Negative reviews aren't justified, I mean this guy "Ibolen" quote "well the first season I thought I liked the show, had some interesting twists. But as the second season came along, and now this one...it's just getting weirder and weirder. I just don't enjoy the show any more." And gives the show a zero, how does that make sense?

Getting
    down to the actual review, I find it to be humorous show which has unique laughs that rely on creative input only this show can pull off. They are mostly small chuckles, but also big laughs. I found myself once crying from laughter at a perfect joke pulled off by one actor (Donald Glover), they are sophisticated jokes based on previous episodes or from popular culture so it is understandable if you've missed certain episodes or references you may not find it funny, but for those who recognize it is very enjoyable. This is what I find most attracting about this type of show (similar to Arrested Development) it has a solid story line and continually maintains it through out the series whilst making frequent jokes along the way.

I can understand why this show doesn't pull off as many views as say the big bang theory. It isn't because it is too 'intelligent' or sophisticated for 'American people'. I think it is because most people tend to not follow series when watching television. This finish work and watch whatever is on that has the quickest appeal to them regardless of the shows that have critical acclaim, this meaning sitcoms that have less 'inside jokes' and easiest to comprehend are the view winners.

But the funny thing is I bought a copy dvd of Community s1&2 and I offered it to my little brother who had previously several times rejected my pleas to watch this show. He watched it in less than a week and actually enjoyed it, more than that he watched season 3 episodes on tv and now laughs at all the jokes and now is supporting #sixseasonsandamovie.
  43. Dec 22, 2011
    By far my favourite TV show on air! It is smart, hilarious and there couldn't have been a better cast. The first 2 seasons were amazing it's only a shame they're on hiatus...for now hopefully!
  44. Dec 22, 2011
    Troy and Abed in the mooooooooooorn-ing!
    best show, unique dynamic, likeable character, great storylines, stop motion xmas special, a john woo paintball style episode, and an awesome zombie episode! so good!
  45. Dec 20, 2011
    Growing every episode, worst being the pilot. Fresh, imaginative and funny, it's one of these shows you wish never end. Great characters, I like them to be that fantastic (in a fantasy way), but if you look deeper, you may find them astonishing real.
  46. Dec 8, 2011
    Best show on television. The comedy is fresh original and smart. We need more shows with this much originality on tv. I wish more people would discover this show so it stays on the air.
  47. Nov 8, 2011
    This show is absolutely hilarious, with extremely fast paced jokes, making the episodes worth watching more than once. Community has a variety of different spoofs nearly each episode, and makes viewers laugh for hours on end. I highly recommend this show.
  48. Oct 23, 2011
    Honestly the best comedy on TV right now. Funny, insightful and often thought provoking, Community works on many emotional levels. I look forward to it every week and hope that people give it the chance it deserves. In a world full of people who think The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are the epitome of comedy, we need more shows like Community willing to push the boundaries and try something new. Expand
  49. Oct 13, 2011
    One of the best comedies I have watched in a long time, so much scope for development for the characters within the main cast, and outside too. I cant see anyone being disappointed in this. First class. Modern Warfare is possibly the funniest episode of anything I've ever watched!
  50. Oct 3, 2011
    OK, well the first season I thought I liked the show, had some interesting twists. But as the second season came along, and now this one...it's just getting weirder and weirder. I just don't enjoy the show any more.
  51. Sep 26, 2011
    Currently my favourite show on TV. From their parodies to the lovable characters, this show excels on all levels. Dan Harmon is a genius.

Very meta... Very good.
  52. Sep 15, 2011
    A solid start to a show that gets SO much better. "Community" does a fine job of establishing characters here, they're just not quite so fluid on the execution.
  53. Aug 22, 2011
    It's like watching an inside joke that they never let you in on. Are these people supposed to be funny or likable or even interesting? Listening to people rave about this show is like when the kid in high school tells you how great the school newspaper is. Dull writing, unfunny cast.
  54. Jun 29, 2011
    In the time where the dominant sitcom on television world-wide are re-runs of a show which stars a drug fuelled womanizer whose famous for living with his â
  55. Jun 23, 2011
    Great characters, well-written witticisms... The show delivers, though perhaps not quite as boldly as NBC's other Thursday night comedies. Still perfectly enjoyable week after week.
  56. Jun 16, 2011
    This has been my new favorite NBC comedy since The Office got cancelled after only TWO seasons! (I know it wasn't cancelled but I like to pretend that everything after season 2 never happened). For movie/tv/music/pop culture/ comic book nerds or fanboy/girls this show is for you. it has something for everyone. troy and abed in the morning!
  57. Jun 8, 2011
    This show is awesome. I spent days watching episode after episode. Its Originality and humour is what makes the show so entertaining. Every episode has a different message it comes across, relating to either friendship values, or general moral ethics. The characters are all part of a study group that is runned by Jeff Winger. Its funny how the group depend on him to do just about everything, whether it is to talk about someone's issues or whether its to calm an individual down or even whether its to start a conversation. He acts as a father figure in the group but he does so in such a snobbish way. His litigant past makes him a very experienced public speaker and has a very sophisticated way of interpreting his ideas. In the last few episodes he has started to be way to presumptuous and his arrogance is starting to be a little irritating. All the other characters fit the group like a glove. I love Abed's inexpressive and fantasy driven character. his friendship with Troy, another unique character, is what makes the show. One character that I gradually started to be indiferent about , despite the fact that he is Hilariously crude, is Peirce. He is SOOO funny but sometimes crosses the line. Another character that I am uneasy about is the Dean. He is soo gay that it pisses me off. Get him off the show. the little end clips are epic.
    cant wait for the next season.
  58. May 26, 2011
    This show just keeps getting better. Possibly the best show on TV, I love those paintball episodes. actually it is the best show on TV with fantastic acting end amazing writing, I have a feeling season three will be even better.
  59. Apr 23, 2011
    This is my favorite TV show. the role of Chevy Chase as Peirce Hawthorne perfectly fits him. I love the community. The characters might be middle aged or in their 20's but they sure know a lot about comedy. :))
  60. Apr 12, 2011
    The absolutely best show on television right now. The first season starts off a little slow as it takes a few episodes for the cast to really find their legs. After the first four or five episodes though it really starts to click on all cylinders and is one of the funniest, most surprisingly touching shows around. The DVD's really hold up to repeated viewings as well. (and it only seems to be getting better as the second season has been just as good as the first)

The whole cast is amazing but I would like to give a special recognition to Donald Glover as Troy. Dude is hilarious. Also Alison Brie, I love you! Please marry me! :-P

Highlight episodes of the first season include: Modern Warfare, American Poultry

(for the second season I highly recommend the Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas; there are a bunch of others too but that one is really good)
  61. Mar 28, 2011
    It took me a while to find Community; I had stumbled by chance on the paintball episode and enjoyed it immensely, but it was really only after a friend insisted I watch the whole series did I give it my full attention. It does start quite slowly, and while the initial episodes are still good, the humour is not completely there and the characters are quite different. But once it found it's feet, it became compulsive viewing, to the point where I became a little obsessed. Obviously, the paintball episode is a standout for so many reasons, but some of my favourite episodes are just character-based. Britta and Jeff getting involved in Annie's love life, the 'new Pierce,' Baggels... And then there is anything involving Troy and Abed: KickPuncher, the Spanish Rap, Troy and Abed in the Morning, Batman... By the end of the season there was just so much to love about this show. It's jam-packed FULL of pop cultures references, consistently clever writing and a raft of interesting, three-dimensional, relatable characters. Brilliant. Expand
  62. Mar 11, 2011
    Love this show. One of my favorites. Hilarious with such an awesome cast. They have such good chemistry and Joel McHale is always hilarious. The characters are all so likable and fun. I always tune in on Thursday!
  63. Mar 5, 2011
    Community, created in 2009 as an addition to NBC's Thursday comedy night, is a completely unnecessary addition to new TV programing. First off, the concept of the show is incredibly boring. While trying to follow increasingly popular "workplace comedy" mold, the creators of the show stumbled upon the idea of a community college, where everyone is a total loser. This could be seen as "fresh" or "creative," but really it just feels sloppy.

In addition to the premise of the show being dull, the individual episodes are daft and unappealing. Each episode follows the exact same plot line as the previous one; the characters will find their way into an (at first seemingly appealing) problem, which is then overplayed throughout the episode, and finally concluded when Joel McHale makes a shrewd yet meaningless speech about the rest of the character's problems.

Unfortunately, the main issue with the show is neither the concept or the episode's plot lines. It is simply the characters. Each cast member and the character they portray is unlikable in their own individual way. The writers of the show obviously thought it would be clever to form a group of losers lead by one incredibly egocentric individual. Unfortunately, Joel McHale's character (Jeff Winger) is not charming, or even somewhat intelligent and, instead, comes off as snide and narcissistic. The rest of the cast is even less enjoyable; Gillian Jacobs (Britta Perry) is much too irritable, Alison Brie (Annie Edison) is astonishingly annoying to listen to, Danny Pudi (Abed Nadir) is painstakingly overplayed, Donald Glover (Troy Barnes) has almost no personality whatsoever, Yvette Nicole Brown (Shirley Bennett) has a humor that gets old very quickly, and Chevy Chase (Pierce Hawthorne) is utterly unnecessary and was clearly only put on the show for his name in the credits. As a group, the ensemble of characters make up a very unlikable cast.

In conclusion, the fans of Community are mistaking the show's flaws for it being "off the wall." Actually, the show is really just made up of a group of unfunny writers who think that they're much smarter than they actually are and a mismatched cast that can't get enough of themselves. Community attempts to copy 30 Rock's absurd hit-or-miss concept, but unfortunately it's hits are much outweighed by it's misses.
  64. Feb 13, 2011
    This is probably my favorite current sitcom. Though several episodes feel a bit off in terms of pacing and plot, I find myself genuinely interested in the story and characters on a week-to-week basis.
  65. Feb 11, 2011
    The one problem with this show is that every episode is only 30 minutes long, always leaving me wanting more. Every episode is absolutely hilarious and the writing is fantastic. Not only does it make fun of every genre of television and movies, it makes fun of what their show is about. They play to the fact that its a group of friends from all different backgrounds. Every character is well developed and even the side characters that are only in a few episodes service the show in a perfect way. Starburns' is a mystery in himself and the Dean is never fully explained but that adds to their characters. This show is perfect and is one of the funniest shows on television. Expand
  66. Jan 25, 2011
    I am so glad this show is on TV. It is one of the most well writting series I have ever watched and the characters are amazing. I urge you to watch this show!
  67. Jan 21, 2011
    The first season of Community is a mixed bag, but its definitely more good than bad. Thing is that I don't think the show is one of the funniest sitcoms to have recently aired, what I think Community has is this sense of fun, excitement, etc. that allows it to do things like the ' probably going to be a classic ' episode "Modern Warfare". It has some problems, sure, like the endless pop culture references that Abed throws at us, can get annoying at a certain point, but it mostly works. But keep watching, it gets way better on its second season. Expand
  68. Jan 1, 2011
    Holy crap NBC made something I actually like. The cast is superb, love Ken Jong, Chevy Chase, John Oliver, Joel McHale is classic. Watching Pierce (Chevy) fall down and knock stuff over is still funny. Love Abed and Troy. Just a fun show. Lots of references and spoofs. HEH!
  69. Dec 27, 2010
    Smart show with fantastic references and unrealistic dialogue, but it's a comedy and that's to be somewhat expected. Only has one useless character (Shirley) and rarely has a stale episode. Those that are stale still have good writing. By far, the funniest sitcom on broadcast television. I look forward to every episode.
  70. Nov 19, 2010
    Never before in my young life have a seen a show funnier than Community. An enormously funny cast. Danny Pudi's performance is amazing. Why this show wasn't nominated for any Emmy's is beyond me. This show is streets ahead!
  71. Nov 19, 2010
    This is the best show on tv, right up there with the office. I seems that people that don't like this show are either old or have a horrible sense of humour.
  72. Oct 17, 2010
    Its consistency was almost enough to stop watching it, but the series really found itself over the course of the season and provided a couple of perfect parody episodes ("Modern Warfare," "Contemporary American Poultry"). Joel McHale is pitch-perfect and the entire ensemble is great.
  73. Oct 8, 2010
    This smart, upbeat show, takes us on a great sitcom adventure. Not a dull moment in the show! One of the best comidies since "The Big Bang Theory". The show is witty and creative and should be nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Comedy. The acting is superb and amazing. This is one of the best TV shows I've ever seen and I hope you guys get a chance to watch it.
  74. Sep 8, 2010
    The first new comedy I've been excited by since, well, since I don't know when -- years. Utterly original. Equal parts wry self-awareness and spit-your-food-out hilarity. And lest I neglect to mention Donald Glover...
  75. Sep 7, 2010
    One of the funniest shows on TV right now along with The Big Bang Theory. Danny Pudi (Abed) should be considered a top contender for an Emmy next year. One of the best ensemble casts since Friends in my opinion. You can never go wrong with Chevy Chase. Side note: Alison Brie...Wow...I want to kiss her face.
  76. Sep 6, 2010
    This is my favorite comedy show since arrested development. Full of references and parodies. Hilarious and superb writing. The paintball episode may be the best in television history.
  77. Sep 5, 2010
    As an avid tv buff I'd place this somewhere in the realm of Friends, Scrubs and Arrested Development in different ways. Likable Characters, Witty banter, Good Spoofing of pop culture, and overall a win in my book. With my expierience in seeing great shows that gather a cult following only after having been canceled ( Dead Like Me, Pushing Up Daisies, Better Off Ted ) , I hope that the execs read these user reviews on Metacritic and see that this is what we want to see. Expand

1. If creator/writer Dan Harmon earns only a "C" for the framework of his show, he gets higher grades for its brisk pace and clever writing. And some extra credit is in order for casting, as well.
  2. As long as the jokes stay barbed, fast and witty--as they are in the pilot--there's more than enough reason to keep following the band of misfits.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Community embraces the traditional sitcom notion of “family” being what you make of it, but it’s a little too self-conscious about the genre’s cliches--or at least, feels that way because its satirical elements aren’t as crisp as they need to be.