Community : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.8

1. AndrewK.
    Oct 5, 2009
    Community, during the pilot, comes off as a "Desperate for Laughs/Punchline," and snooty show which includes a well known comedian, at first glance, just to get attention. However, how many first days at work have you had that you can say to yourself and friends "Really ROCKED?" After watching the second and third episodes I would urge viewers not to rate this series on the pilot but upon Community, during the pilot, comes off as a "Desperate for Laughs/Punchline," and snooty show which includes a well known comedian, at first glance, just to get attention. However, how many first days at work have you had that you can say to yourself and friends "Really ROCKED?" After watching the second and third episodes I would urge viewers not to rate this series on the pilot but upon the clever and poignant themes that had me and my wife laughing along. For instance, what's funnier than an Asian man teaching Spanish with a complex? I know, lots of things, but it's very funny. I hope this series receive all the help that it deserves to stay on because it's filled with great promise, good writing, and great characters. Expand
  2. JouniH
    Jan 3, 2010
    Man, this really is the best series in a loooong time. I just loved the four-season series Ed to bits and this Community reminds me of Ed a whole lot. The cast is perfect and the humor is witty and timing perfect. I have to say I've even had to hold back tears during a couple of episodes. :) Just amazing.
  3. jo
    Oct 2, 2009
    This show is hilarious - full of funny lines and, despite being stereotypes, the characters still manage to surprise. It's light hearted fun and laugh out loud funny. I am certainly going to continue watching on the web when I return to Australia.
  4. DaphD.
    Oct 4, 2009
    I've been a student and a teacher and this show makes me laugh about both roles. I adore Ahmed, and he will be the life of this show.
  5. FrankG.
    Sep 23, 2009
    I'm joining study group! Joel is just as funny as he is on 'The Soup," where he is hell-arious!
  6. AlbertN.
    Sep 24, 2009
    This show is brilliant. It might be a good way to test intelligence. The less intelligent being individuals who didn't find the show funny/ entertaining. If you love Jay Leno and reruns of Full House, this might not be the show for you.
  7. GregG.
    Jan 30, 2010
    In it's first few seasons, I though Scrubs was genius. Since then, not so much. But this show feels like Scrubs in that first season. Goofy and fun, it's my favorite new comedy since the Office first came out.
  8. OliverO.
    Feb 2, 2010
    I watched one episode and got hooked, one of my favorite shows.
  9. MikeC
    Oct 1, 2009
    Great show! Lots of laughs!
  10. SaraS
    Oct 14, 2009
    Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are both funny in different ways; Joel is sarcastic and Chevy is awkward. It's very smart, but they do tell a lot of jokes pretty fast, which is fine with me since it's only 30 minutes long. I like that there's almost no filler, and I'm perfectly fine with the slow development of the characters. I don't need everyone's backstory Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are both funny in different ways; Joel is sarcastic and Chevy is awkward. It's very smart, but they do tell a lot of jokes pretty fast, which is fine with me since it's only 30 minutes long. I like that there's almost no filler, and I'm perfectly fine with the slow development of the characters. I don't need everyone's backstory right off the bat, and I consider it analogous to getting to know someone new at college, a little at a time. It doesn't seem cliche or hacky, and I'm glad that NBC is finally showing another show that I can watch, besides The Office. Expand
  11. Justin
    Dec 12, 2009
    The funniest show on tv this fall, hands down!! My thursday is not complete without watching a episode of Community!!
  12. katT
    Oct 2, 2009
    It's not making fun of community college, rob. this is the best comedy on tv! so smart it doesn't need any musical number fillers.
  13. KevinH
    Oct 27, 2009
    The most astoundingnly clever comedy to grace the small screen since Seinfeld was king.
  14. DotF.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I really enjoyed this show. I laughed a lot. Even Chevy Chase was funny. It's been a long time since I could say that!
  15. Jayson
    Sep 26, 2009
    The show is a hit. Joel McHale does an excellent job along with the rest of the cast. Thank goodness NBC took a chance because they hit it out of the park!
  16. JohnD.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Great potential for a terrific comedy show. All the characters seem to have backstories that I'm very interested in finding out as the series progresses. No one in show biz comes near Joel's comic timing and delivery. This show can only get better. Loved it.
  17. Dalton
    Jan 15, 2010
    Community is the first new show in years that I look forward to each week. A great ensemble with quick, witty writing.
  18. MikeC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Haven't laughed so hard at a TV show since Arrested Development! Carpe diem!
  19. Markus
    Oct 16, 2009
    After all the forced premise "comedies" that have infested the TV landscape lately this quirky and somewhat unusual take on a college sitcom provides some of the most clever writing and witty exploitation of "seen a billion times before" moments. It's good to see Joel McHale act and his fellow cast is one of the most interesting collection of potentially hilarious characters I have After all the forced premise "comedies" that have infested the TV landscape lately this quirky and somewhat unusual take on a college sitcom provides some of the most clever writing and witty exploitation of "seen a billion times before" moments. It's good to see Joel McHale act and his fellow cast is one of the most interesting collection of potentially hilarious characters I have witnessed in years. There is so much to get here and even though it's only five episodes in I almost cried, laughed hysterically and often found myself amazed at the beauty and creativity of the situations. Expand
  20. SeanC
    Dec 3, 2009
    Excellent show. Good writing and a great cast. Anyone who enjoys The Office or 30 Rock will like this show and its dry humor.
  21. Mark
    Dec 4, 2009
    By far and away this (along with Modern Family) are the best new comedies on TV right now.
  22. VinceC
    Oct 31, 2009
    If you don't find this funny, I feel bad for you To the guy who laughs at his cat playing yarn but didn't laugh at this show, perhaps youtube videos are more your speed. Yes, it's a pop culture extravaganza, which may leave some feeling left out. In fact, that's probably why Nan A. gave it a 1. But to those on the inside you will just love this show. Also, Jeff Winger If you don't find this funny, I feel bad for you To the guy who laughs at his cat playing yarn but didn't laugh at this show, perhaps youtube videos are more your speed. Yes, it's a pop culture extravaganza, which may leave some feeling left out. In fact, that's probably why Nan A. gave it a 1. But to those on the inside you will just love this show. Also, Jeff Winger is the best antihero jerk since House, and it's surprising to see how old Chevy Chase has gotten, but you get over it once he shows you that he's still got it! This show is just full of win! Expand
  23. MartyL
    Sep 18, 2009
    Extremely well written!
  24. Chris
    Sep 22, 2009
    Liked the pilot. Great cast and definitely has a lot of promise.
  25. GregS
    Sep 25, 2009
    The show felt a lot like the Office meets Van Wilder. the characters were different than most on TV, but I'm not 100% sure if they were heading in the right direction. the ending (during credits) when two of the characters (obviously not memorable enough to remember the names) rapped, I about rolled off the couch laughing. BRILLIANT. sadly, not sure if that makes up for the rest of The show felt a lot like the Office meets Van Wilder. the characters were different than most on TV, but I'm not 100% sure if they were heading in the right direction. the ending (during credits) when two of the characters (obviously not memorable enough to remember the names) rapped, I about rolled off the couch laughing. BRILLIANT. sadly, not sure if that makes up for the rest of the show. we'll see, I'll give it 4 episodes. Expand
  26. ZachG.
    Sep 25, 2009
    When I saw the previews, I thought it would be yet another one of those comedies written for the dull. Boy was I wrong- it's chock-full of satire, irony, silliness, pop culture, and charm. I love it.
  27. Brainfire
    Sep 28, 2009
    The first episode was so good I felt it was almost on the level of 30 rock. The 2nd was good too. Until the last half. It seemed to fall off a cliff. Right after the Ken Jeong rant? Did anyone notice that?
  28. MartyS
    Nov 10, 2009
    This show is good, but the comedy and depth of the show fluctuates beetween episodes, making some insanely funny while others blah. It needs to pull off a comeback to get more praise
  29. JennyC
    Nov 13, 2009
    with 30 rock, one of my top picks for an instant pick-me-up laugh. Great one-liners, smart, funny, love the cast so much! Who knew Community College could actually be cool.
  30. ArianoA
    Nov 19, 2009
    Fresh show that binds humor with reality. This show gets all the stress away replacing it with joyful emotions.

1. If creator/writer Dan Harmon earns only a "C" for the framework of his show, he gets higher grades for its brisk pace and clever writing. And some extra credit is in order for casting, as well.
  2. As long as the jokes stay barbed, fast and witty--as they are in the pilot--there's more than enough reason to keep following the band of misfits.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Community embraces the traditional sitcom notion of “family” being what you make of it, but it’s a little too self-conscious about the genre’s cliches--or at least, feels that way because its satirical elements aren’t as crisp as they need to be.