Season #: 1, 2
7.4

1. May 5, 2013
    This show feels like a soap opera made for housewives and teens. The musical timing is absolutely cliche, to the point where it actually becomes funny. I find myself laughing at this show in places that shouldn't be funny especially listening to the script The script is bad. Corky, Copper, Kevin, Corkmiester? is he Irish? American? He changes his accent mid-sentence. In episode 9 he has aThis show feels like a soap opera made for housewives and teens. The musical timing is absolutely cliche, to the point where it actually becomes funny. I find myself laughing at this show in places that shouldn't be funny especially listening to the script The script is bad. Corky, Copper, Kevin, Corkmiester? is he Irish? American? He changes his accent mid-sentence. In episode 9 he has a full Irish accent and even though he's the lead he's undoubtedly the worst actor in this series. Is everyone in New York Irish or American? Where are all the Jews, Germans, Italians? Expand
  2. Jun 29, 2013
    Copper is a show I wanted to like. A cop drama set in 19th century New York? It should have been a winner. However the show is set back by it lack of talent. While a few actors (namely Corcoran) possess some ability on screen, most sadly do not. In a period show, that's quite an offense. It is a great idea, poorly executed.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 31, 2012
    Copper lacks the brains or kick to lift it above being a period piece. [10 Sep 2012, p.41]
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Aug 27, 2012
    So far, it's certainly no "Homicide," in which the dialogue was always crisp and unexpected.... But when Copper puts down its billy clubs and delves deeper into its characters, the series has great possibilities.
  3. Reviewed by: Joanne Ostrow
    Aug 21, 2012
    The second hour is more engrossing than the first, and is easily rich enough to keep us coming back for more.