• Network: ABC , TBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6
7.7

1. Sep 23, 2010
    Loved how this show improved! Sad that is so underrated and underappreciated. Courteney and the rest are outstanding. They really need to be on Emmy Radar.
  2. Nov 9, 2010
    Cougartown helped restore my faith in TV writing and will hopefully help pave the way for the return of well-written sitcoms. Its main problem may lie in the show's misleading title, which can detract potential viewers who understandably believe that the focus lies on the cougar concept, and whatever connotations that may invoke. The show never actually even uses the term cougar, exceptCougartown helped restore my faith in TV writing and will hopefully help pave the way for the return of well-written sitcoms. Its main problem may lie in the show's misleading title, which can detract potential viewers who understandably believe that the focus lies on the cougar concept, and whatever connotations that may invoke. The show never actually even uses the term cougar, except that it is the name of the local high school football team. While the storyline initially did feature Courtney Cox's character Jules reentering the dating scene and dating younger men, it was thankfully shelved. As it turns out, the only reference to the original concept lies with the semi-regular appearances of Barb, who mainly shows up to for a cougar-related joke and disappears.
    The show actually doesn't develop its true identity until about halfway through the first season: it is an ensemble piece in which neighbors, spouses, ex-spouses, friends, etc., most of them living on one cul-de-sac, find themselves spending so much time together that they form a unique type of family.
    As skeptical as I was initially watching the show, you truly can not help but get drawn in to this assortment of characters with their comraderie, inside jokes, rapid-wit dialogue, and collective love of wine consumption (except for the underage Travis, of course). Once again, I stress...this is a character driven show; without painstakingly describing each one, let's just say you're undoubtedly going to find the ones you want to indentify with, just like the best shows. For those who love classic sitcoms with ensembles/groups of friends (including Friends, which some say this show feels like the forty-something version of), you will find yourself unexpectedly addicted. If you own the DVD, be prepared: it is extremely difficult to just watch one episode. It's very strange that Cougartown doesn't get higher ratings. It absolutely has the all the goods and Emmy potential. Don't let the name fool you.
  3. Oct 27, 2010
    One the funniest, underrated and under appreciated shows on network TV. Don't let the poor choice of title sway you. Watch an episode and judge for yourself.
  4. Jan 28, 2011
    Season 2 of Cougar Town is much better than its first season! Courteney Cox, Christa Miller and Busy Phillips are really good at what they do, especially Christa Miller. This season has found the perfect mix of emotions. This show can make you laugh and cry in the same episode! Although this is just a 30-minute show, the story is well-built in the episode, but still continues the story ofSeason 2 of Cougar Town is much better than its first season! Courteney Cox, Christa Miller and Busy Phillips are really good at what they do, especially Christa Miller. This season has found the perfect mix of emotions. This show can make you laugh and cry in the same episode! Although this is just a 30-minute show, the story is well-built in the episode, but still continues the story of the whole season. This show is really underrated. Expand
  5. May 31, 2011
    Thanks to Abed for constantly joking about about this show because he is the one who got me into it. (Community fans, you know what I mean)

I'll admit, I was one of the first people to call BS on a show called "Cougar Town". Had I stopped watching after season one I probably would've upheld that belief but I'm glad I stuck with Cougar Town after a questionable start. Lawrence and the producers realized that they should just do what made Scrubs so great. Allow to show to be as goofy as it has to be and build up so many recurring jokes that every minute of every show has a laugh or two. I just hope they don't run out of funny jokes about the title in the intro.
  6. Apr 7, 2011
    I just love Cougar Town! Funny witty, dumb at times and yet emotional and deep. The cast is really good and, at least to me, you can feel the deep friendship between the characters. The production value is great. A weekly 30 minutes of fun I don't want to miss each week! I like the fact that the show and the characters evolve from one episode to the next.

Ohhh yeah... Well Courteney Cox

Ohhh yeah... Well Courteney Cox is still hot! She is truely a nice cougar!
  7. Mar 9, 2012
    This show is hilarious!!! The 2nd season is even better because you really understand the characters, and they've really had a chance to mature. Still, the humor is the same, and i laugh ALL THE TIME whenever i watch this show!!!!
  8. Jun 12, 2011
    This season holds nothing new and unique but still remains really funny and the characters are developing really well. This show is no longer Cougar Town, just a normal comedy series centred around a group of friends but I find it addictive. Plus, I love big Carl!
  9. Mar 26, 2012
    There are 2 sides to this show, or rather 2 types of episodes. Type 1 is the very chick-flick-y episodes with a focus on story and emotional crap, and very few jokes. The first season consisted almost entirely of these chick flick episodes which made they show mostly popular with women and the season pretty crap. The other type of episodes are ones that are more focused on jokes and areThere are 2 sides to this show, or rather 2 types of episodes. Type 1 is the very chick-flick-y episodes with a focus on story and emotional crap, and very few jokes. The first season consisted almost entirely of these chick flick episodes which made they show mostly popular with women and the season pretty crap. The other type of episodes are ones that are more focused on jokes and are actually funny. The 2nd season is mostly the funny type episodes, with a few short sprees of chick flick eps, so overall its quite good, but there are some themes that are overdone, mainly *Penny Can*. Expand
  10. Jan 4, 2013
    I loved Friends but hated Jennifer Aniston!! I loved Courtney!!! Now after this show seriously???? I hate Courtney Cox!! Thats a lot of make up!!! Please!!! How can u stop this show????

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    [Now in season 2]Courtney Cox's sitcom...is a light, fast show about friends and couples who hang together, banter together and drink together. [8 Nov 2010, p.40]
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Bianco
    Oct 21, 2010
    Cougar tends to start out big and a bit nasty, then pull back for a gentler finish. The problem may be that many viewers pull out before it gets there.
  3. Reviewed by: Katherine Stevens
    Finally, we have a show with all the memorable wit of Bill Lawrence's previous series, Scrubs, minus the inner monologues.