Cougar Town : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 23, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
6.2

1. Mar 2, 2011
    I think this is difficult series to get into. The Pilot is awful! It's very shallow, promotes negative values and starts being quite demeaning to women... but it does get better. Each character will eventually find her/his voice and the one liners become funnier. Season 2 is much better.
  2. MikeG.
    Oct 1, 2009
    I only caught the pilot, but this show seems more mean spirited than funny. Any show with the talented Courtney Cox is going to have its moments, but the bitter undercurrents here would be better suited to an hour long drama and not what at times is a broad comedy.
  3. TanyaH.
    Oct 1, 2009
    I didn't think it was bad, not great, but not bad. Some of us don't have the money to pay for HBO, Showtime etc so we only have so many choices. And I'd much rather watch Cougartown and laugh than all the scripted "reality" shows.
  4. PaulP.
    Sep 23, 2009
    This features two quite appealing comic veterans - Courtney Cox with some assistance from Christa Miller - but, if the scripts don't improve, it's likely it will just be a forgotten blotch on both their reusmes. It's the "New Adventures of Old Christine" with even less subtlety. The first half was almost all rapid fire dialogue, which doesn't work because the show This features two quite appealing comic veterans - Courtney Cox with some assistance from Christa Miller - but, if the scripts don't improve, it's likely it will just be a forgotten blotch on both their reusmes. It's the "New Adventures of Old Christine" with even less subtlety. The first half was almost all rapid fire dialogue, which doesn't work because the show lacks the edge to make rapid fire make sense. It's obviously just a phony script that says "line, line, line, bizarre situation, line, embarassing situation, line, line, sex scene, line, embarassing situation, lne, etc.... Just to make sure you understand that it's Contrived Scriptwriting 101, Cox even gets a shot speech. A speech! For Cox's sake, I hope it becomes funny. But it ain't, yet. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Alasdair Wilkins
    Jan 6, 2014
    Five seasons in, Cougar Town may not have many new points to make about its characters, but those viewers already convinced of the show’s charms will find the show as amusing and entertaining as ever.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    What we have is a light, fast show about friends and couples who hang together, banter together and drink together. [8 Nov 2010, p.40]
  3. Reviewed by: Paige Wiser
    This is a story of desperation, not liberation. Cox is too good for this.