• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 22, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10
8.2

1. Mar 22, 2013
    It is occasionally interesting, but too often so preposterous and unlikely that it can be confused with parody. Weak writing, cliche-laden stories, another dull crime drama.
  2. Sep 7, 2014
    This first season is kinda garbage. It's not directly offensive I guess, so it's no worse than a 4, but all the episodes are just the same sort of formulaic thing over and over. This can sometimes be forgiven in a show's opening season as it tries to find some footing, but most of the individual episodes are kinda bland when you look at them individually even when you don't consider thatThis first season is kinda garbage. It's not directly offensive I guess, so it's no worse than a 4, but all the episodes are just the same sort of formulaic thing over and over. This can sometimes be forgiven in a show's opening season as it tries to find some footing, but most of the individual episodes are kinda bland when you look at them individually even when you don't consider that they're just following a formula.

A lot of the characters have solid backgrounds, and they have good acting, but the writing for them is a little too perfect. They always guess the right things, they always save the latest person to go missing get saved at just the last second, and so on. Basically the heroes never really mess up anything, which makes them seem empty and unreal.
  3. Mar 5, 2012
    Another exploitation of a modern mania. Paranoia, or rather a unique sort of officially-dependent misanthropy is deliberately proliferated by this program by means of some serious wikipedia copying and pasting (of the 'Big Bang Theory' variety). The majority of the show's content can be categorized into two segments: the first is the 'look on and be amazed by the unlimited abundance ofAnother exploitation of a modern mania. Paranoia, or rather a unique sort of officially-dependent misanthropy is deliberately proliferated by this program by means of some serious wikipedia copying and pasting (of the 'Big Bang Theory' variety). The majority of the show's content can be categorized into two segments: the first is the 'look on and be amazed by the unlimited abundance of information our characters can flawlessly summon forth!' effect. This effect emphasizes the authority of the characters for the purpose of optimizing the impact of the second segment; the 'judgement'. These implied defamations of basic stereotypical models usually take the form of contemporary slang ('scumbag'). This casual format works to bring the average viewer, who was before somewhat alienated by all that sciency mumbo jumbo, into cahoots with the super-investigators, so that now the viewer feels that he/she is not some ignorant couch accessory, but a respected apprentice whose knowledge and experience is such that one needs not speak down to them. Now that the laymen have been established as empowered (also ego-vested/complacent) passengers of the Mystery Mobile, they are ready to face and demask all those ghouls and goblins of the world. What before was a boogey man hidden beneathe the bed, is now seen to be but a sad little pedaphile who, himself, was molested by his grandfather, oh, and on christmas, oh yeah and in front of his whole family... who were laughing, and, and they all molested him too! And then they all commited suicide, while laughing and molesting him. See, that right there is Criminal Mind GOLD!
    But no need to worry. Our faithful team of government employees is here to help protect us innocent PTA members from that writhing mass of terror scratching constantly at our windows. On a serious note, however, I must say that I believe this show and many other forms of media sharing in its business ethics and philosophy are, even now, proving greatly detrimental to the state of mental health in our society. You think that is a little overboard, but I would encourage you to look at the ratings these shows get. Every bit of stimuli the human mind receives is a drop in the bucket, and modern media has devoted itself to concentrating its drops as much as possible. If ever you are in wonder about the causes of the epidemic of antipathy and contempt we now see manifesting itself via physical violence (in the physically minded) or by suicide (in the introvert), perhaps you might then look into the impact stimuli like these massively broadcast messages can have.
  4. Jun 11, 2014
    Scooby-Doo for grown-ups, this monster-a-week police procedural is nothing special. The characters seem two dimensional, the dialogue is wooden, the acting is just about serviceable but any sense of authenticity is cast aside for 'dramatic effect'. It sits somewhere on the scale between C.S.I. Miami and C.S.I. Las Vegas, but lacks the interesting characterisation of the latter. Fine forScooby-Doo for grown-ups, this monster-a-week police procedural is nothing special. The characters seem two dimensional, the dialogue is wooden, the acting is just about serviceable but any sense of authenticity is cast aside for 'dramatic effect'. It sits somewhere on the scale between C.S.I. Miami and C.S.I. Las Vegas, but lacks the interesting characterisation of the latter. Fine for popcorn melodrama, but anybody wanting television with a little more substance will be unsatisfied. Expand

Big talent meets weak script and every TV crime cliche known to prime time.
    It's not a cool-science show, but its crimes blur together with what we already see on the ''CSI" series, and its supporting cast is indistinct.
    It's kind of good.