Desire : Season 1

7.5

1. EricA
    Oct 6, 2006
    I'm hooked and so is my wife ... just don't let the guys at the office find out! It's just fun, no-thinking entertainment.
  2. Devin
    Dec 1, 2006
    I can feel nothing but utter shame and embarassment for the people admitting to enjoying this horrifyingly stupid new series. The positive reviews below are a testament to the mental capacity of the troglodytes who would laugh at such pap..."Since there are so many commercials, why not cut out the flashbacks?" Can someone explain the logic of this one to me? Or how about the guy who I can feel nothing but utter shame and embarassment for the people admitting to enjoying this horrifyingly stupid new series. The positive reviews below are a testament to the mental capacity of the troglodytes who would laugh at such pap..."Since there are so many commercials, why not cut out the flashbacks?" Can someone explain the logic of this one to me? Or how about the guy who called it "fun no-thinking entertainment?" I would imagine that this gentleman is a big fan of "no-thinking." Expand
  3. cherryln
    Oct 27, 2006
    It's is great show - love it. The only thing wrong is too many flashbacks and constant commercials. Since there are so many commercials cut the flashbacks to a minimum. It has a lot of bloopers but it is light entertainment and an interesting bunch of characters to watch. A plot that keeps unfolding makes me stay glued almost every night. Keep up the good work!
  4. BarbaraF
    Oct 3, 2006
    love the show, to much over lap
  5. VictoriaS
    Sep 11, 2006
    I don't care what people say, yes, they could be better; yes they're cheesy; yes, some actors could be better...much better;... but guess what people!? that's what's fun about these shows! You critics need to stop over analyzing things! Have fun wih it...being incredulous about what happens in each show, what they do, wear and say is...just awfully-fun and addicting! I don't care what people say, yes, they could be better; yes they're cheesy; yes, some actors could be better...much better;... but guess what people!? that's what's fun about these shows! You critics need to stop over analyzing things! Have fun wih it...being incredulous about what happens in each show, what they do, wear and say is...just awfully-fun and addicting! ...and by the way, spanish novelas (except the Brazilian's), are as bad or worse than these two... Expand
  6. EricB
    Sep 6, 2006
    OK, I'm a little biased, ONLY in that I know what these guys had to work with in time and money, and the FACT is, these guys pulled off a near miracle! The production values on this show are TOP-DRAWER. The writing is WONDERFULLY representative of the genre, and if people can't recognize the humor that accompanies the drama, than they are missing some thooroughly entertaining OK, I'm a little biased, ONLY in that I know what these guys had to work with in time and money, and the FACT is, these guys pulled off a near miracle! The production values on this show are TOP-DRAWER. The writing is WONDERFULLY representative of the genre, and if people can't recognize the humor that accompanies the drama, than they are missing some thooroughly entertaining stuff. America has a new guilty pleasure. Kudos to the folks at Fox. Expand
  7. mesdow
    Jan 3, 2007
    fantastic show i love alex and gorge
  8. beme
    Jan 3, 2007
    i love the show! it has fantastic action and movement. wow i'm loving it!!!
  9. L4
    Oct 4, 2006
    The acting is so so (better with some of the main characters), and the writing is hysterical. BUT I am hooked. I don't know why, but I tivo it. It's too funny because I can't believe I'm addicted to this show. It's supposed to be CHEESY, it's a telenovela. Keep it on people!!! I'm hooked.
  10. carls
    great show!
  11. SharmaA
    Sep 11, 2006
    I don't understand all the bad reviews. Plus they all seem to be dated 9/5 which means no one has really watched the show for awhile. I have, and I think it's very good. When I found out the time frame they all had to do this, I have even more respect for the young actors. People please just give this a chance.
  12. SulmaR
    Sep 12, 2006
    Love it!!
    Sep 13, 2006
    good
  14. MauriceF
    Sep 5, 2006
    I thought that the writing is so bad that, I promise, you will sit there mouth agape, but you know, "Desire" is (I can't believe I'm saying this) good. Compelling. A little bid stupid. Well-acted. Not terribly written. Funny on purpose. Better than most series on TV includes "The OC."
  15. shannonf
    Sep 5, 2006
    Needs some work but its better than most of the garbage on tv.
  16. Rod
    Fantastic - I could not pull away
  17. jennifers
    Sep 6, 2006
    I dont understand why this show is geting such bad reviews. i think it is great. I see so much potential for this show and this new network
  18. GaryB
    Sep 6, 2006
    I thought this show was great. It was fast with constant action. The acting was great for all the new commers especially Chris DeRose who played a perfect mafia boss. I give it 5 stars.
  19. ApresR
    Sep 6, 2006
    These are sooooooooo much fun in English, I LOVE watching them both, Desire & Fashion House. Grab the popcorn, get a new tape & tape this for the weekends. Great TV translated from the Spanish! America has discovered novellas . . . in English! YIPPEE!
  20. timj
    Feb 17, 2007
    this is a combination of terrible acting mixed with horrible writing. The only reason to watch this show would be for unintentional comedy. Its an absolute joke
  21. RaisaJ
    Apr 19, 2007
    Sooo Cheesey.... but somehow it really works.

"Desire" is (I can't believe I'm saying this) good. Compelling. Stupid. Well-acted. Not terribly written. Funny on purpose. Better than most series on TV.
  2. "Desire" will make you ashamed -- of society at large, if not yourself --whether you like it (chances: minimal) or not (chances: off the charts).
  3. "Desire" features better production values than a daytime soap, but just as wooden acting by its no-name cast and terrible dialogue.