Dexter : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9.1

1. stephens
    Jan 23, 2010
    This show is definitely the best series ever on TV. The characters are compelling. The writing, music and plot are what makes this show worth watching. The shot sequences are brilliant. Great job Show time!!!
  2. Cruella
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. MCH is wonderful in this. I totally root for Dexter, btw, we need more guys like him.
  3. Sandy
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. Michael C. Hall is a terrific actor and he's the perfect choice for Dexter. What a dilemma it presents to the viewer: Is it really so reprehensible to rid the world of a confirmed child killer, a serial rapist-murderer, or an unrepentant repeat drunk driving killer? You decide!
  4. LauraC
    Nov 10, 2006
    You can't help finding Dexter incredibly charming.
  5. JasonW
    Nov 14, 2006
    10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos 10+++++ I have read most of the reviews on this show and it has received mixed reviews. I kind understand why most people dont get it. The general public has had to many CSI's and Law Order type shows shoved down their throats. They can not open up to a fresh new show like this. How many times have the police have to solve the perfect crime in 40 mins or less. What is this Dominos Pizza Murder solved by CSI: Dominos? Thank the cable gods have answered our prayers. Thank You Showtime for giving us something othe.... than. This is a great show and I wish more people would open up to it. Stop watching CSI and Law Order and just maybe the Networks would give you something new. In the mean time only the real shows will exist on pay-tv. Expand
  6. aandrews
    Nov 14, 2006
    exceptional, original.....maybe "groudbreaking" (oh, this sounds like an HBO ad?!)....but seriously, Dexter is GREAT. Hall's performance is superb.
  7. RomeoP
    Nov 17, 2006
    Fresh ideas. Exploration of human feelings. Very convincing overall.
  8. AnnaT
    Nov 19, 2006
    This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not This is by far the most intersting and unique show that I have ever seen on TV. A ruby amid rubble. The performance by Michael C. Hall is spectacular and professional, no other could have done this twisted character in such a powerful way. A great show that also serves as a metaphor in or own lives, to the point that it is quite risky in the sense that it may bother people that do not wish to view their lives like that. Brilliant. Expand
  9. SamanthaH
    Nov 19, 2006
    TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely TV is not a big on my interests; I hardly watch anything. I have never followed a show very closely until Dexter. I really don't regret checking it out! It's absolutely brilliant and darkly hilarious. Michael C. Hall's performance is breathtaking and perfect, captivating the viewer with subtleties. I go to my best friend's every week to see the new episodes! Definitely a show that shouldn't be missed. Expand
  10. jeremyw
    Best TV show ever!!!
  11. matta
    Nov 21, 2006
    Michael C. Hall truly redeems himself after his lackluster performance for several years on the hugely overrated Six Feet Under with this incedible, multi-layered performance. The show is great, too.
  12. ChantA
    Nov 20, 2006
    Suh an unique concept and never fails to keep my interest.
  13. NathanS
    Nov 27, 2006
    I detest blood. Can't watch it on the Learning Channel or even CSI. Nonetheless, I have been totally sucked in by this show. I can't remember the last time I was so intrigued with a show after one viewing...and now I am hooked. Do yourself a favor...if you haven't already...call your cable company and order Showtime. It's worth the dime for this show alone. Michael C. I detest blood. Can't watch it on the Learning Channel or even CSI. Nonetheless, I have been totally sucked in by this show. I can't remember the last time I was so intrigued with a show after one viewing...and now I am hooked. Do yourself a favor...if you haven't already...call your cable company and order Showtime. It's worth the dime for this show alone. Michael C. Hall is brilliant in his portrayal of Dexter. The show will haunt you...in a really good way. In a world of reality t.v. shows, Dexter offers new hope. Expand
  14. RobertS
    Nov 29, 2006
    Best show I've ever watched. I just can't get enough of it.
  15. LaurenN
    Nov 30, 2006
    One of the most interesting and captivating new shows I have seen in quite a while.
  16. OliveV
    Oct 15, 2006
    I cannot get enough of this show. While a couple of characters are iffy, Hall is superb. I'm in love.
  17. josephk
    Oct 19, 2006
    amazing show unfortunatley it not aired in canada and would like to purchase the DVD set
  18. KeithG
    Dec 11, 2006
    Completely hooked, lined and sunk on this show. Well written and acted.
  19. ChristinaN
    Dec 13, 2006
    It is so rare to get my boyfriend to watch a show with me, this is his show. We LOVE Dexter and I'm so excited to see the season finale! I've been thinking about it all week! Who would think a show about killers would be so entertaining?
  20. robync
    Dec 13, 2006
    This is the best show on TV. Michael C. Hall is great!!! The cast is amazing. I hope this show is around for many years!!!
  21. NatalieA
    Dec 15, 2006
    I can't wait for Sundays! This show is the best!
  22. jacquesf
    Dec 16, 2006
    Best show since "Carnivale"
  23. ChrisB.
    Dec 17, 2006
    Just saw the season 1 finale. Just wow. It isn't even close. This is easily the best show on TV today, and I watch them all!
  24. BrunoA
    Dec 18, 2006
    Perfect ! The best new show !!!
  25. LynetteM
    Dec 18, 2006
    Along with Heroes, this is THE best show on television! Thank goodness we have somewhere to go that doesn't include yet another lame reality show. Go Dexter, go!!
  26. PierreF
    Dec 18, 2006
    One of two tv shows I've never missed an episode.
  27. TommiS
    Dec 18, 2006
    Breathtaking. Best tv i've seen since Twin Peaks.
  28. BrianL
    Dec 18, 2006
    Easily one of the top 5 shows on TV.
  29. somegurl
    Dec 19, 2006
    sweet sweet show
  30. GillianP
    Dec 20, 2006
    great TV..i loved it
  31. PhilM
    Dec 25, 2006
    This is the reason i have showtime. This is simply the best show on television. If u dont have showtime get it because its worth the money just for this show... The only annoying thing is dexters sister and her partner because they suck at acting...but they dont have much to do with the show
  32. LorieW
    Dec 27, 2006
    The most addictive show I have ever watched! I watched Episode 1 two weeks ago and have already finished all 12 episodes. Michael C Hall is Brilliant!
  33. JohnD
    Dec 27, 2006
    Best show of 2006. Period.
  34. AnnS
    Dec 28, 2006
    Excellent acting, great story line . Love the show. Can't wait for the second season.
  35. KitchMan
    Dec 29, 2006
    Easily the best television series of the year. Michael C. Hall is one of the more underrated actors in Hollywood, he is simply brilliant in the lead (not to mention his work in Six Feet Under). Hopefully this wonderful show will not be over-looked come Emmy time.
  36. RobertD
    Dec 29, 2006
    Dexter is a compelling, 'darkly disturbing' series that contains markedly interesting characters and visuals. It seductively draws the viewer in and spits them out again when least expected. The combination of dark humour and a sterling performance by Michael C. Hall leads to one of the most memorable characters on TV today - Dexter Morgan, a true monster among monsters.
  37. hailiem
    Dec 30, 2006
    best showever! so addicting and suspensful! im addicted and i simply cant wait for the 2nd season. its brilliant!
  38. MelindaB
    Oct 23, 2006
    I didn't want to watch a new show, as there are so many things on tv now, but I was addicted after watching just one episode. Don't miss this, it's great!!!
  39. CanO.
    great show
  40. KevinD
    Oct 23, 2006
    If it gets cancelled I will cry
  41. AlanM
    Oct 24, 2006
    Excellent crime drama. Nothing else like it on TV and a reason for me to actually put down my xbox360 and watch TV again.
  42. BJNichols
    Dec 6, 2006
    Addictive, tivo worthy, and the characters get better with every episode. One of my favorites!
  43. diamondr
    Dec 8, 2006
    i hope this show will be on for a lond time.. if not i am going to be sad... :(
  44. maxb
    Sep 29, 2006
    great show. great performances. great writing.
  45. michaell
    Jan 11, 2007
    Brilliant. Clever. Unique. Michael C Hall and the rest of the cast are superb.
  46. JamieR.
    Nov 10, 2007
    Superb veiwing. Can not wait for seaspn 2.
  47. lisav.
    Nov 1, 2007
    Best Best Best show ever!!!!
  48. MattE.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Excellent series. Hall's performance is amazing and the tenebrous atmosphere is unsettling and at the same time delightful!
  49. Cyanyde
    Nov 16, 2007
    This show is the best I've ever seen.
  50. JoshKrueger
    Nov 21, 2007
    Amazing!
  51. JasonR.
    Nov 29, 2007
    From the eye catching opening to the hair rising end music this show is 10. P.S., love all the cast for the wonderful job they're doing.
  52. ChrisS.
    Nov 6, 2007
    Yes, it's a high quality series, but the writing is usually too stilited and the acting affected. The plot is predictable and what keeps us watching is not much more than a desire to know this unkowable character. It's a pretty cheap trick, and I'm not saying I don't like it. Just save your tens for works of genius that raise the barlike Deadwood and Six Feet Under.
  53. NickS.
    Dec 10, 2007
    The single greatest show on TV.
  54. DeeM
    Jan 21, 2007
    Dexter is the macabre elevated to an artform. The opening credits alone are a visual feast worth the 'price of admission.' Superb stuff at every single level.
  55. MikeS.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Fantastic show. Great acting, great writing, great story, and very original. Addictive, compelling, and often very funny. Season 2 is as good if not better.
  56. JaneK.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Probably one of the best shows I've seen in years. Captivating and addictive.
  57. StarrK
    Dec 9, 2007
    The best show on tv. Period.
  58. SylviaW
    Feb 12, 2007
    I love this show, it rocks.
  59. DonN
    Feb 27, 2007
    Brilliant show that forces viewers to confront their own anti-social feelings. All of the major characters are well developed and Dexter's sister is almost as complex a character as her brother. Good suspense, fascinating storyline, great acting, great writing, and some very beautiful, arty directing. Best thing on American television since the Sopranos.
  60. JoannP
    Mar 17, 2007
    I am in love with Dexter. The show is brilliant and I need more!
  61. LeonA
    Mar 26, 2007
    dexter rules, dokes is the man!
  62. JoeB
    Apr 23, 2007
    This show is very well written and constantly keeps you on the edge of your seat. There are constant plot turns and they are not always so obvious like in other series.
  63. LMcKnight
    May 13, 2007
    This show is written very well. The characters are intoxicating (the cop sister not so much) and Michael C. Hall does a great job of pretending to be a serial killer pretending to be normal. It's a must watch, even for the weak of stomach.
  64. jeremyw
    May 23, 2007
    Best TV show ever!!!
  65. LeeTurcotte
    Jun 15, 2007
    This is a show with no real competition. Dexter manages to consistently excel in those areas where mainstream TV consistently fails. Among Dexter's many strengths are good writing, dark humor, close attention to production quality, and not treating the audience like a bunch of captive, halfwit consumertrons.
  66. DanielKearney
    Jun 29, 2007
    excellent, excellent show. Haven't seen such a quality show in YEARS.
  67. JasonS
    Jul 22, 2007
    Best new show, hands down.
  68. LaurenD.
    Jul 25, 2007
    like a good book, it is almost impossible to stop watching! Can't wait for the new season!
  69. GiaT.
    Nov 14, 2008
    I didn't know I would, but I did... I fell in love with Dexter! I could watch season one 'til the DVD player burns holes in the dics!
  70. CodyF
    Jan 21, 2008
    Dexter by far is the best show on television how could the critics give it a 77 its obviously a lot higher. Michael C. Halls performance is so breath taking Sometimes the plot twists are so amazing. As said before Dexter is simple the best show on television. Every episode leaves you sitting on your seat asking for more. It makes me wish metacritic went to 11 cause id give it and 11.
  71. LuluF.
    Dec 17, 2008
    Best...Show...Ever! After the first five minutes into Season One, I've been hooked. I've even got my dad addicted to this. I'm venturing to say this is better than The Simpsons.
  72. UberF.
    May 16, 2008
    Magnificent and terrifying. The only serial killer I know that I'd like to have a beer with and Erik King is hilarious as the suspicious Sergeant. A brilliant series
  73. JennyC.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Great dhow. Dry humor. Very enjoyable.
  74. MichaelS.
    Aug 29, 2008
    One of the best seasons of Television I have ever seen!
  75. PeterS.
    Sep 11, 2008
    I love this programme, at the present time its the only thing I HAVE to watch on TV. Everything about this show is top class. This and my other favourite show of all time (The Soprano's) set a bench mark of how great TV can be. Its only a shame TV this good does not come around often enough!
  76. RonJ
    Nov 3, 2009
    Excellent! Along with Califonication, the only 2 series to grab my attention in the last 10 years. John Lithgow is a top-notch actor (especially in creepy roles like the Trinity Killer), and is really making the show "pop" right now.
  77. TrevorC
    Oct 14, 2009
    The Only Thing on TV I have interest in watching since Seinfeld. Seriously - I have not watched a TV series since in a long time. I tried, just every show I tried to watch sucked - DEXTER IS THE BEST SHOW EVER.
  78. ArmandoJ
    Dec 19, 2009
    Perfect!
  79. FlorenciaP
    Oct 31, 2009
    the best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  80. KaylaD.
    Jun 19, 2009
    I can't take my eyes off the television. Michael C. Hall delivers an outstanding performance that I could watch over and over and over.
  81. DylanF.
    Jun 26, 2009
    This show is amazing! Every person who gives this show a bad review gives the same excuses. Lighten up and stop being so politically correct. Dexter Defies any law enforcement show out there by bringing to the table an outrageous, brutal, mind bending, and hilarious dark comedy to us. The best show I have ever seen on television, It's like watching an award winning film every week. I This show is amazing! Every person who gives this show a bad review gives the same excuses. Lighten up and stop being so politically correct. Dexter Defies any law enforcement show out there by bringing to the table an outrageous, brutal, mind bending, and hilarious dark comedy to us. The best show I have ever seen on television, It's like watching an award winning film every week. I highly recommend! Expand
  82. MicheleA.
    Jul 23, 2009
    The greatest character I have ever seen, the most interesting and original show in the last years.
  83. George
    Sep 23, 2009
    I have recently discovered this show and it is amazing. I have seen several serial killer of serial killers content, though. Nonetheless this is the best adaptation I have ever seen. I will certainly read the book.
  84. carriee
    Nov 14, 2006
    Dexter is a fantastic new series! It's creative, humourous, dark, and different.
  85. GenaR
    Nov 16, 2006
    This is the most awesome show to premire in a L-O-N-G time!
  86. jurgenjurgen
    Nov 17, 2006
    exellent series! like nothing ive seen before. The way his character is described and develops during the series is great!
  87. martinp
    amazing show
  88. marec
    Nov 21, 2006
    Totally enticing & addicting. Michael is brilliant. Best t.v series.. Deliciously macabre.
  89. JessicaB
    Nov 22, 2006
    Next to all the bland cop shows where they investigate a murder or whatever, Dexter stands out because, for once, the story is told from a serial killer's point of view. It's intriguing and far from making you recoil in fear Dexter shows the audience that he's as much human as the next guy. 10 stars for the different perspective and the chance to watch something entirely Next to all the bland cop shows where they investigate a murder or whatever, Dexter stands out because, for once, the story is told from a serial killer's point of view. It's intriguing and far from making you recoil in fear Dexter shows the audience that he's as much human as the next guy. 10 stars for the different perspective and the chance to watch something entirely original for the first time in a long while. Expand
  90. thomasq
    Nov 23, 2006
    I don't watch much t.v. besides some sports and I'm just tired of all the "reality tv". Dexter has me waiting for the next episode which isn't something I usually make plans around
  91. ErinS
    Nov 27, 2006
    i love this show...so suspenseful!
  92. staciac
    Dec 12, 2006
    i love dexter!!!!!!
  93. mattb
    Dec 14, 2006
    very good show, stong characters - hope it stays for years.
  94. VictorPassarelli
    melhor seriado não há!
  95. AndréL
    Dec 18, 2006
    Pra mim a melhor série dessa nova temporada e muito melhor também que muitas séries já renomadas. Pode não fazer muito sucesso pelo fato de ser exibida por um canal fechado. Mas quem assiste sabe o quão boa essa série é.
  96. JaredN
    Dec 23, 2006
    Best new show, and maybe one of the best shows ever.
  97. PallabD
    Dec 29, 2006
    There is only one word to describe this series. And that is "WEIRD". A truelly different thriller about a serial killer.
  98. frozenbarbie
    Dec 29, 2006
    Perfection, thy name is Dexter.
  99. RachelO.
    Nov 17, 2007
    I was one of the viewers that was tired of all the reality TV and spin offs. I had all but given up on TV! Since Dexter aired in 2006, I have been hooked from day one! This is a show I rush home to see. Oh, how I missed that feeling!
  100. AlS.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Amazing show. Great writing. Only a couple of slip-ups so far.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.