• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 1, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8
9.2

1. Aug 15, 2013
    Dexter is a darkly comic character study of a deranged mind which proves to be an excellent start, and an excellent concept.
    There are quite a few flaws in the show's formula, mainly the lack of interesting characters or any kind of decent righting outside of the main, title character, and the villain he's after, but in this case, one great character is enough to pull the first season through.
    On top of its other few flaws, too much is revealed about our main "protagonist" right off the bat, eliminating any sense of mystery about the inner workings of what makes Dexter Morgan tick, which is a real shame given how mysterious a character Dexter is to everyone else on the outside.
    But, all things said, it's very enjoyable, and an excellent start.
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    A terribly done character study that pulls all the punches and never gives you what you want in the end of the show. The first four seasons were fine before it became a soapy mess of disgusting romance driven story lines that never fit well with the character. In the final season they miss all the chances to give you a great ending and EVERYTHING up. No character growth and the actingA terribly done character study that pulls all the punches and never gives you what you want in the end of the show. The first four seasons were fine before it became a soapy mess of disgusting romance driven story lines that never fit well with the character. In the final season they miss all the chances to give you a great ending and EVERYTHING up. No character growth and the acting degrades until you can barely watch. At the final season they totally up everything in the plot that kept everyone waiting especially with the revelations of Deb finding out about Dex. They quickly dissolve the aggression and drama that was stirred up in weak ways. The final season of Dexter is just an excuse to end the series. I feel like an idiot watching this crap after season 4. I'm extremely disappointed in this show. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. Expand
  3. Jul 9, 2014
    I just started watching Dexter on Netflix and find it to be quite captivating. I like that it can be of suspense/thriller but still involve comedy. It is a good show and I shall continue to watch it.
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    This show was great until season 5 and then it starts to lose its raw character. By season 7, the killings are minimal (which take a lot way), the story is trying to be complicated and its just a terrible AND predictable. Nudity went out the window in season 6 to appeal to a larger audience. Not that its a big deal, but it def contrubuted to the raw character the show had. I am not likingThis show was great until season 5 and then it starts to lose its raw character. By season 7, the killings are minimal (which take a lot way), the story is trying to be complicated and its just a terrible AND predictable. Nudity went out the window in season 6 to appeal to a larger audience. Not that its a big deal, but it def contrubuted to the raw character the show had. I am not liking seaon 7 at all. Its just everything QQing.....turned into a soap opera... Expand
  5. Sep 22, 2014
    Achei este seriado com um ritmo muito arrastado, apesar de bom. O final realmente é surpreendente, mas nada de demais também, não chega a impressionar. O modelo de uma solução de crime por temporada (pelo menos na 1) é interessante, porém, nao prende a atenção. Longe de seriados empolgante que você não consegue de parar de ver (a la Lost).
  6. Sep 24, 2013
    I really really loved this serie, but the last seasons seems kinda rushed to me, it was hard to follow the scenario directions, and the last episode just killed me, that's just an artistic suicide, I was expecting a dramatic ending, or maybe a naive, with no moral, but happy ending, but they just did so much non-sense, that it dropped Dexter from a 9 to a 6 to me, I'm very disappointed.
  7. Jun 26, 2014
    The further I got into this series the more I couldn't stand Michael Hall's voice and the annoying characters that kept getting piled on. If you stopped around season 3 or so you might save yourself.
  8. Sep 17, 2014
    I can see how people liked this show. I watched a few episodes and it's interesting and I guess it's okay. I just never really got into it or found it mind blowingly amazing or particularly good I guess....meh
  9. Oct 29, 2012
    Season1 was excellent ... but the writers of S7 are amateurs .. they have completely squandered the opportunity to create some very interesting reflections on humanity. What they give is is formulaic melodramatic crap
  10. Jun 17, 2013
    Watched the pilot, wasn't convinced, it's introduction lacked a lot of stuff that would motivate me to watch the second episode. I heard it had so many bad seasons but so many acclaimed ones. And we all know this series is going to end.

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The morals of this provocative show are as intriguing as its cases.
  2. Reviewed by: Michael Endelman
    Though his cliche hard-boiled voice-over doesn't work, much of this series... does. [29 Sep 2006, p.73]
  3. Reviewed by: Adam Sternbergh
    Dexter treats extreme violence much in the same way that GoodFellas did: as something horrifying, intoxicating, seductive and thrilling, all at the same time.