Eastbound & Down : Season 1

Jun 30, 2009
    the best
  3. VinL
    Mar 10, 2009
    A show that truly portrays the struggle of a fallen hero. Kenny Powers' battles are both internal and external. His arrogance is front for his self-loathing, and his desire to get back in the majors is over shadowed by his desire to win back the love of his life. Best show on TV ever, Kenny Powers is a hero for us all.
  4. DermotM
    Mar 20, 2009
    This show is a breath of fresh air, i hope it comes to the U.K where im sure it will be a huge hit. Fantastic!!!
  5. WalkerZ
    Apr 1, 2009
    This show is great. I wasn't that fired up about it, but my sister recommended it and I was locked in. Kenny Powers is the ultimate comedy/tradgedy. So I say we all need to let HBO know how much we love Eastbound before it gets raped like Deadwood did. Who's with me?
  6. carlosR
    Apr 18, 2009
    Will Ferrell, that is all I have to say about that.
  7. ReneeD
    Jun 9, 2009
    An excellent show that develops well later in the first season; it's a shame it was only six episodes. I encourage anyone who gave up on it in the first couple episodes to finish out season 1 and give the second one a shot when it premieres.
  8. BrentW
    Mar 14, 2009
    This is the funniest show I've ever seen. Sheer brilliance.
  9. ColinM
    Mar 23, 2009
    This show is absolutely hilarious. Danny McBride is perfect his role here and plays it very well. It is a very good blend of hilarity and seriousness. The pace of the show is also well done. All around A+! I definately recommend this show.
  10. charlesf
    Mar 3, 2009
    Very funny. McBride is from the South and he captures the part well. They break so many norms and moras down; but, do it in a gutt wrenching hilarious fashion
  11. JoshuaC
    Mar 3, 2009
    While I would have rated this a 10 had it not been for too much plot/character development in lieu of humor in the 3rd episode, the show is captivating simply for the impractical narcissism and accompanying bluntness from Kenny Powers. He's just clawing his way back to the top and no one, not even the people selflessly helping him, is safe from him once he comes out swinging. The While I would have rated this a 10 had it not been for too much plot/character development in lieu of humor in the 3rd episode, the show is captivating simply for the impractical narcissism and accompanying bluntness from Kenny Powers. He's just clawing his way back to the top and no one, not even the people selflessly helping him, is safe from him once he comes out swinging. The world is Kenny Powers'...we're all just living in it. Expand
  12. DanG
    Mar 4, 2009
    I love this show Kenny Powers is so funny and the show crosses every line and i have laughed my a$$ off for the first 3 episodes.
  13. CoreyS
    Mar 6, 2009
    Well this may not be high brow thinking mans humor but its clever in its use of dialogue. If you enjoyed Superbad or Pineapple Express you will find this show absolutely hillarious. The first two episodes feel static but the developing plot adds a new level of intrigue to the gut busting comedy! See for yourself!
  14. EmeraldG
    Mar 8, 2009
    Hilarious! I am reminded of my home town when I watch this show. Some may find the character development absurd, yet I find myself reminded of particular people and situations each time I tune in. If you're from a small "redneck" town, Eastbound & Down will be entertaining at the least.
  15. FrancoB
    Apr 17, 2009
    Ferrell/McBride GENIUS!
  16. KevK
    Apr 6, 2009
    I must say that some of these old ass movie critics from some of these newspapers need to go!!! Who is some 45-50 year old asshole think he is trying to rate a movie based on his old fashioned boring opinions. These papers need a youthful critic who knows what a younger generation finds funny. Kenny Powers says things and does things that everyday people would love to say and do, but no I must say that some of these old ass movie critics from some of these newspapers need to go!!! Who is some 45-50 year old asshole think he is trying to rate a movie based on his old fashioned boring opinions. These papers need a youthful critic who knows what a younger generation finds funny. Kenny Powers says things and does things that everyday people would love to say and do, but no one would ever have the guts to. Let us live through him and enjoy the show without your shitty reviews. All you old retards that think your opinion on this show matters. As Kenny Powers would say : "With all do respect, Go Fuck Yourselves." Thank You! Collapse
  17. BradfordG
    Apr 8, 2009
    Funniest show ever. Laughed so hard I almost pissed myself. If you don't like this show then your probably a big fan of Oprah or some other fag show.
  18. GeorgeL
    Jul 29, 2009
    Awesome show. Period.
  19. DarrenNoneoyourbusiness
    Aug 19, 2009
    One of the best shows to hit tv in a very loooong time.
  20. CoreyH
    Sep 2, 2009
    A pretty funny show in my books but 6 episodes in the first season? That's not worth the price tag they put on it.
  21. RyanF
    Oct 17, 2009
    Best show on TV. Period.
  22. JohnM.
    Oct 8, 2009
    This is the best show on TV right now. The originality of the show is its greatest asset. Instead of making fun of the familiar southern stereotypes, it investigates the new ones, which are fresh and hilarious. I live in the real Shelby, NC and all I have to say is that this is spot on.
  23. KenD
    Feb 15, 2009
    Dude, this show is off-its-Rocker. Obscenity pinch hits for imagination and strikes out for those who love baseball and HBO experimentation.
  24. ChrisU
    Feb 16, 2009
    Almost genius comedy from the 'Foot Fist Way' guys. The on-location shooting in North Carolina is really evocative of the culture.
  25. RobertT
    Feb 17, 2009
    28 minutes and 50 seconds that I will NEVER get back. Embarrassing to watch. Directly squarely and between the eyes at pre-pubescent boys. Image how John Hawkes feels coming from such a quality show as Deadwood and now having to play the older brother in this. Sad!
  26. TM
    Feb 18, 2009
    I'm watching the premiere for the third time and picking up jokes I must have laughed through the first two times. This show is f'ing awesome.
  27. UrsulaE
    Feb 19, 2009
    Started a bit slow, but made me and the boyfriend laugh out loud several times. Nice work.
  28. AndrewG
    Feb 28, 2009
    I almost pissed myself because this show is sooo funny. Takes stereotypes to a new level and mixes real stories. You can see shades of John Rocker or anyone from a small town knows the local autodealer like Ashley. Excellent show that real people get. Jerkoffs in San Francisco and NYC won't get it and will find it offensive. Exactly what the show is written to do.
  29. KyleC
    Mar 13, 2009
    This show is hilarious due to the fact it is dead on for a portion of ex-minor/big league players.
  30. StevieJ
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was reading the critics reviews and it seems to me that some of them need to come out of their ivory towers and join the rest of middle america in our struggles. These critics are the same people who allowed anyone and everyone to get a mortgage and led the world's economy down the toilet, while completely oblivious to the fact middle america got screwed in the process. Kenny I was reading the critics reviews and it seems to me that some of them need to come out of their ivory towers and join the rest of middle america in our struggles. These critics are the same people who allowed anyone and everyone to get a mortgage and led the world's economy down the toilet, while completely oblivious to the fact middle america got screwed in the process. Kenny Powers is the everyman, we all knew him in highschool and college, and we all wanted to be him at one time, and we all wanted to see him fall too. We get to watch the dichotomy of a man torn. At times you want to punch him at times you want to hug him. But for the everyman in all of us, Kenny is a genuine personality we can relate to. To the negative critics: You're missing out on one of the best shows to come around in years. Expand

Powers, the central character in the strangely compelling new HBO series Eastbound & Down is a down-on-his-luck pitcher whose glory days in the Major League are well behind him.
  2. What lifts Eastbound & Down away from mere crudball humor is McBride's ongoing love affair with the lower middle class.
    If you thought "Tropic Thunder" was the funniest movie of the year and that everything Will Ferrell touches makes you laugh until you squirt Diet Pepsi out of your nose, then you will love Eastbound & Down.