Emily's Reasons Why Not : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2006
4.5

1. DonN
    Jan 10, 2006
    Based in potential...I think it is a hit
  2. Claire
    Insipid garbage.
  3. DaveW
    Jan 23, 2006
    Unbelievably bad. Non-funny, non-creative, non-watchable.
  4. lolal
    Jan 9, 2006
    Emily, clearly in her 30's and despite her high powered job, skittles around wideeyed and oblivious, not to mention dressed like a slutty 13 year old, her every mood and possible opinion entirely depending on whomever she happens to be talking to at the moment. A 3 out of 10 for the gay guy because he sparked a lighter and mouthed "flamer", and it was kinda funny. Offensive to grown Emily, clearly in her 30's and despite her high powered job, skittles around wideeyed and oblivious, not to mention dressed like a slutty 13 year old, her every mood and possible opinion entirely depending on whomever she happens to be talking to at the moment. A 3 out of 10 for the gay guy because he sparked a lighter and mouthed "flamer", and it was kinda funny. Offensive to grown women, homosexuals, and practitioners of Brazilian jujitsu. Expand
  5. BrandonT
    Jan 9, 2006
    I've got a new Monday night show!
  6. MatíasH
    Mar 20, 2007
    Is a great seire, and ther isn't a clon of Sex and the city, theirs stories aren't the same. The stories can be similars, but the two soaps are very good...
  7. Andie
    Jan 10, 2006
    For a pilot, this was pretty decent, I have to say. (Anyone seen Seinfeld's pilot? Far weaker than this was). Laughed out loud a couple times, like the slo-mo dinner/mime kiss scene, and the "outing" over voicemail on speakerphone. I'm definitely giving this show several more Monday nights!
  8. LBALBA
    Jan 12, 2006
    Rip Off - bad scripts and poor acting - YUCK!!!
  9. KevinB
    Jan 10, 2006
    There was nothing good about this. The script, the wardrobe, the writing-eveything was sophmoric. With so many talented people in LA, how does a show like this get made?
  10. MM
    Jan 24, 2006
    I really wanted it to be good. I knew it was going to suck after the first few seconds of the show. Bad writing which resulted in not so good acting.
  11. KyleighH
    Feb 11, 2006
    I've read about this show in TV Guide and was quite surprised that it was canceled after only one episode. Heather Graham did her best, but her tv show didn't do its best either, which is probably why the show was canceled.
  12. MarcD.
    Jan 10, 2006
    With so many good, solid programs on TV the last couple of years, why in the world would you waste your time on this? Not putrid, but far from original, and really no redeeming value. Skip it!
  13. rawrraar
    Jan 12, 2006
    Heather Graham should stick to snorting coke and playing strippers and hookers in movies.
  14. MindyA
    Jan 21, 2006
    It was so cute all my friends that watched it, loved it too. We can't wait till the next show. It is like Sex in the City but not so nasty. And it is true to life.
  15. RobertC.
    Jan 21, 2006
    I'm just surprised that this show was cancelled after ONE SHOW! Even Coupling and the Emeril sitcom had more longevitity, and those were walking abominations.
  16. Eddie
    Jan 20, 2006
    Take a look at all the critics who gave this a good score and scratch them off your list. This show (and rightfully so) got cancelled after one episode.
  17. ValentinaJ
    Jan 25, 2006
    I enjoyed the pilot episode and am surprised that it got such bad ratings. I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode and hope that ABC airs it soon.
  18. TomB
    Jan 9, 2006
    10 minutes in, and this is painfully, excruciatingly unfunny. Any critic who gives this over a 30 is clearly on the take. Any one who laughs at this is either mentally deficient, under 14, or both.
  19. dougt
    Jul 22, 2006
    I thought it was really funny. I think they should have given it a few episodes before cancelling it.
  20. JerellP
    Jan 18, 2006
    Wasn't Heather Graham's best tv role was on Scrubs??
    Jan 22, 2006
    My reason why not: The show is terrible. Not funny. Doesn't work at all, ABC must see it too, I've head they stopped production already.
  22. Yossarian
    Jan 23, 2006
    Fairly funny and Heather Graham is awfully cute, but this show could use a little 'writing' help.
  23. juliek
    Jan 23, 2006
    So awful. Characters completely unrealistic and just kind of stupid. Painful to watch.

1. Reviewed by: Jennifer Armstrong
    Emily comes off as a regressed teenager. [13 Jan 2006, p.70]
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Breezy and fun, there are several reasons to sample "Emily," but also plenty of room for skepticism over whether this witty half-hour has the depth to survive a highly competitive timeslot.
  3. Judging from the first episode, "Emily" needs not only a new boyfriend, but also some more grownup material.