Emily's Reasons Why Not : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2006
4.5

1. DonN
    Jan 10, 2006
    Based in potential...I think it is a hit
  2. BrandonT
    Jan 9, 2006
    I've got a new Monday night show!
  3. MatíasH
    Mar 20, 2007
    Is a great seire, and ther isn't a clon of Sex and the city, theirs stories aren't the same. The stories can be similars, but the two soaps are very good...
  4. Andie
    Jan 10, 2006
    For a pilot, this was pretty decent, I have to say. (Anyone seen Seinfeld's pilot? Far weaker than this was). Laughed out loud a couple times, like the slo-mo dinner/mime kiss scene, and the "outing" over voicemail on speakerphone. I'm definitely giving this show several more Monday nights!
  5. MindyA
    Jan 21, 2006
    It was so cute all my friends that watched it, loved it too. We can't wait till the next show. It is like Sex in the City but not so nasty. And it is true to life.
  6. ValentinaJ
    Jan 25, 2006
    I enjoyed the pilot episode and am surprised that it got such bad ratings. I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode and hope that ABC airs it soon.
  7. dougt
    Jul 22, 2006
    I thought it was really funny. I think they should have given it a few episodes before cancelling it.
  8. Yossarian
    Jan 23, 2006
    Fairly funny and Heather Graham is awfully cute, but this show could use a little 'writing' help.

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Jennifer Armstrong
    Emily comes off as a regressed teenager. [13 Jan 2006, p.70]
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Breezy and fun, there are several reasons to sample "Emily," but also plenty of room for skepticism over whether this witty half-hour has the depth to survive a highly competitive timeslot.
  3. Judging from the first episode, "Emily" needs not only a new boyfriend, but also some more grownup material.