FlashForward : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
7.4

1. Marco
    May 2, 2010
    Excellent TV show. I hope there will be a second season.
  2. Tony
    Dec 4, 2009
    I love everything about this show. Great acting, great plot, new mysteries every episode leaves me wanting more and looking forward to the next week. The characters are all very likable as well.
  3. NickG
    Jan 22, 2010
    This show is unique and original.The mystery and suspense keeps me logged on to this show.I think Metacritic should make accounts because too many people come here and rate one thing twice and it is unfair.This show is very entertaining.
  4. ChrisD
    Mar 21, 2010
    Great show, very interesting, a lot of great acting especially on Joseph Fiennes and Dominic Monaghan's part. I disagree thaty there are to many storylines, I, for one, can keep track with all of them.
  5. JohnD.
    Apr 6, 2010
    Alright, I saw the pilot and the first thought I had was wow. The concept is crazy fantastic, The characters are likable and bad ass, the acting seems fine to me, and this is overall more realistic than most shows. It is entertainment with suspense. Containing enough twists and turns that it becomes refreshingly unpredictable.
  6. JoshB
    Oct 15, 2009
    This show is suspenseful, exciting, fascinating, and really fun to watch. So far, I feel this could be the best show since "Lost." This is appointment television. I look forward to it all week long.
  7. SergioR.
    May 18, 2010
    Great Show.
  8. BrianN
    Oct 12, 2009
    Original concept and very well written. I hope the concept doesn't wear thin over the show's lifespan.
  9. Jan 12, 2012
    i have only seen two episodes but i am liking what i see. the plot is great and there are many things that make me wonder about whats up next. i recomend the show and for people looking for something good exciting to watch, check out flash forward. you7 won´t regret it.
  10. Sep 28, 2010
    Interesting and original series. Every episode is very interesting and compelling especially the last one. I saw all the series and I Don't Regret It! The last episode was gripping and i'm still thinking about it's end.. I think it's the best series i saw, and it is competing with House M. D. I think it shares the first place.
  11. Jun 1, 2011
    All of you have got to be kidding me! This show was great! I just finished the whole first season on Netflix and i cant wait to see the second, and then i learn that the show was canceled?!?!?! So i read the reviews and people were complaining about the characters the plot and a whole bunch of other moronic stuff. So for anyone reading this let me explain why these people who gave thisAll of you have got to be kidding me! This show was great! I just finished the whole first season on Netflix and i cant wait to see the second, and then i learn that the show was canceled?!?!?! So i read the reviews and people were complaining about the characters the plot and a whole bunch of other moronic stuff. So for anyone reading this let me explain why these people who gave this show a bad rating were wrong. First of all the characters were complex and changed through out the entire show, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't enjoy that, nowadays people like the plain, boring and/or idiotic characters like the ones from "Jersey Shore." The plot was great, the show tried to give an answer to an age old philosophical question "Fate vs. Free-Will", but i now see that people have completely forgotten what makes a good show good. Its NOT just some steroid filled idiots arguing all day and fist pumping, a good show is one that helps people learn or at least helps them to think about things outside of their miniature world. Expand
  12. AnthonyC
    May 21, 2010
    Very nice series, I love the characters, very well written, it is very interesting and every time there is a new twist in the story.
  13. ZackS.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I can't remember the last time i was so worked up after watching a show. ABC has found there lost i can not wait for the next episode.
  14. Scott-LeeN
    Oct 31, 2009
    Gripping, suspense, mystery and WOW factor. This show is brilliant and so far I have tried to work out whats behind the blackouts.... still no wiser!!! Long may it be on TV!!!!
  15. SirhcR.
    Sep 24, 2009
    Saw the pilot at comic-con really good stuff.. Hopefully the rest of the series lives up to it's potential.
  16. RaulM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    A great start to what I'm hoping will be a great season for a great new show. I just hope they flesh-out the characters in upcoming episodes, because for now, I don't care much about any of them.
  17. Kevin
    Sep 25, 2009
    Nice premise, and the characters seem compelling.
  18. MichaelB.
    Sep 25, 2009
    A potential successor to Lost.
  19. Sep 20, 2013
    This show is great! The concept is awesome! Although I must say the lead actor almost ruins the show for me with his terrible interpretation of the protagonist, but I'm willing to forgive this because the premise is filled with so much mystery that I was forced to keep watching!
  20. Jun 24, 2014
    This show was really good, but it was on ABC. It had an interesting concept and they did it justice. Sadly ABC killed the show by putting it through a long hiatus. It's the one cancellation I will never forget.
  21. BrynjarH.
    Oct 5, 2009
    What a great plot! This show has the potential to be big and popular. But they are on a thin line and not much space for error. Some of the actors are second class but nothing that will bug the untrained eye. But all together great show and look forward to see more!
  22. AbhinavR.
    Sep 25, 2009
    Due to all of this hype surrounding the series, I was initially quite skeptical of it. However, after watching the pilot, I was surprised at how interesting an idea this show is. All I can say is: (I think) this show is going to be epic!
  23. ElaineW.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Give it time. The show has good bones. Let's see how the writers build it.
  24. AJR.
    Sep 28, 2009
    Strange, but thought provoking.
  25. eliasc
    Oct 14, 2009
    I wasn't expecting much from 'Flashforward'. I have been a fan of Canadian SF author Robert J Sawyer for a long time and liked his novel 'Flashforward' a lot. However I could not understand how it could possibly be translated to TV when I read of the upcoming series late last year. After all, the novel, like all good SF, is about ideas, and this particular novel I wasn't expecting much from 'Flashforward'. I have been a fan of Canadian SF author Robert J Sawyer for a long time and liked his novel 'Flashforward' a lot. However I could not understand how it could possibly be translated to TV when I read of the upcoming series late last year. After all, the novel, like all good SF, is about ideas, and this particular novel almost required a reader's understanding of aspects of particle physics. This was not the usual audience that TV aims at. To my surprise, the TV series actually succeeds. Obviously to fans of the book, only the germ of the book's plot is translated onto the small screen. The main characters aren't the same. The complications and the implications of seeing into the future have not been hinted at as yet. And the time shift event's effect on space-time and people has been simplified into some sort of mystery. Still, it all works. The producers have taken the science out of the story. Probably most of the more fascinating scientific speculations will not appear in this series. In the novel, the main characters are not even American, but they are physicists who work at Cern and all around the world; not the FBI in LA. Still it works. Like Battlestar Galactica before it, the writers have created a potentially great show by re-tooling an idea from an older source, in this case a book, for a new audience. The original BSG was a mediocre series that was transformed into great SF television. 'Flashforward' has the same potential for greatness. I only hope that the series also takes the opportunity to actually do a little bit of education along the way and discusses, in easily digestible fashion, the fascinating world of high energy particle physics. Expand
  26. GregE.
    Sep 29, 2009
    Firstly, it's great to have a US show that is showing at virtually the same time over here as it is in the States. Good job abc/Channel 5. Undoubtedly the sow has promise. It's production values are high, as is the standard of the script and the quality of the cast and it's definitely the sort of show that you feel like you want to stick with. But here's the thing, i Firstly, it's great to have a US show that is showing at virtually the same time over here as it is in the States. Good job abc/Channel 5. Undoubtedly the sow has promise. It's production values are high, as is the standard of the script and the quality of the cast and it's definitely the sort of show that you feel like you want to stick with. But here's the thing, i felt the same way about Heroes and Lost before eventually giving up on them mid-way through season 2 through a mixture of antipathy, boredom and confusion. The challenge for flashforward is to tread the road less traveled and create a show that remains purposeful, thought provoking and intelligent and avoids the nonsensical plot twists or desperate attempts to stretch storylines that has blighted what could otherwise have been outstanding American drama over the past few years. Expand
  27. Aug 4, 2011
    a brilliant story of originality,suspense and thriller.This show interacts with it's veiwers about the issue of fate and free will while thrilling them with exciting episodes which is brilliant. Watching the characters struggle to live in the present was quite thought provoking. so if you like heavy complex plot, fill with suspense and thought provoking concept, then this is the show you.a brilliant story of originality,suspense and thriller.This show interacts with it's veiwers about the issue of fate and free will while thrilling them with exciting episodes which is brilliant. Watching the characters struggle to live in the present was quite thought provoking. so if you like heavy complex plot, fill with suspense and thought provoking concept, then this is the show you. Love this show alot and without a doubt i can say it is a great show. a brilliant story of originality,suspense and thriller.This show interacts with it's viewers about the issue of fate and free will while thrilling them with exciting episodes which is brilliant. Watching the characters struggle to live in the present was quite thought provoking. so if you like heavy complex plot, fill with suspense and thought provoking concept, then this is the show for you. Love this show alot and without a doubt i can say it is a great show Expand
  28. Jan 28, 2012
    This show is the better version of Lost and has what Lost lacks a balance of humanity and science fiction and more emotion and less stupid complex math mumble jumbo that was not really needed. The show was still not perfect though and had a nice solid cast save for Peyton List. Extremely strong performances by its two leads Joseph Fiennes and John Cho and other main cast members DominicThis show is the better version of Lost and has what Lost lacks a balance of humanity and science fiction and more emotion and less stupid complex math mumble jumbo that was not really needed. The show was still not perfect though and had a nice solid cast save for Peyton List. Extremely strong performances by its two leads Joseph Fiennes and John Cho and other main cast members Dominic Monaghan, Brian F. O'Byrne, and Newcomer Zachary Knighton, & most of its Guest Stars but, not so much the rest of the main cast. Another truly awful point in this show besides Peyton List was Genevieve Cortese. Expand
  29. NoiF.
    Apr 8, 2010
    This is Ok But not as good as V. The main character is just way to fake. He just never seems authentic. This show has a lot of potential though. Just need to bring in some really good characters.
  30. philipw
    Oct 8, 2009
    It's just intelligent enough and interesting enough to pique my interest for at least another 3 episodes. Then we'll see. Like 24 it has plot holes big enough to drive a semi through, but like early Prison Break it moves quickly and offers enough plot twists to keep up one's interest.
  31. RP
    Sep 26, 2009
    I found the show very interesting but a bit frustrating. After such a catastrophic event the characters are still intent on telling lies to one another. Joseph Fiennes seems out of place on tv but I think he's an amazing actor and will watch again to see how the show develops.

1. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    It's evocative, smartly structured, well acted and insists that the strange ride you are about to take will be worth every minute.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    It's an intriguing, mind-bending concept that's mostly well executed, with a built-in payoff cleverly timed to coincide with the May rating sweeps.
    FlashForward is a good idea, and while that’s no guarantee of a good series, the first hour gives us reason to hope.