Flight of the Conchords : Season 2

Season #: 1, 2
7.1

1. Aidan
    Apr 8, 2009
    Better than the first season writing wise. Dry, and witty. While there are fewer immediately classic songs, the songs are generally as enjoyable as the first season. But since the songs were written around the show and not the other way around, the cohesiveness of the story line is much better. Rhys Darby is fantastic yet again, and the conchords' naive characters left me in stitches.
  2. Craig
    Aug 3, 2009
    They've taken what they had in season one and built on it. The songs are just as funny, but the episodes surrounding them have gotten better. Episode 5, "Unnatural Love" is one of the funniest half-hours of television I've seen.
  3. maxo.
    Feb 10, 2009
    I love this Show!
  4. JR
    Mar 11, 2009
    This is a brilliant show. Even more enjoyable if you understand the nuances of kiwi humour.
  5. JimH
    Sep 5, 2009
    Funny stuff. Prime Minister is hilarious line-for-line and Murray Takes it to the Next Level, Eviction and the episode about dog epilepsy with Kristen Wiig are all very funny. The other six episodes are all merely good.
  6. SmithJ.
    Jan 27, 2009
    As funny as last season. this show is great.
  7. AlecD.
    Jan 29, 2009
    I cannot get enough Flight of the Conchords!
  8. MichaelJ
    Mar 29, 2009
    I have to credit their attempt at writing songs completely different than the first season. "Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor" is just as classic as "Business Time".
  9. MaiK
    Mar 3, 2009
    While not always as classic as the first season, this second season still clicks on the right levels. Funny songs (for the most part) and vastly improved comedic writing help make each Sunday a joy.
  10. MicahB
    Apr 8, 2009
    Some episodes are mediocre, but episodes like episode 5 with songs like "Too many dicks on the dance floor" and "Carol Brown" shine out like golden suns on the horizon. It's beautiful, and you can't stop watching. FotC is excellent and worth the watch!
  11. joshf
    Jan 22, 2009
    Splendid writing. great songs. it almost reaches the great writing of arrested development, but i think that may be unattainable.
  12. MichiC
    Aug 12, 2009
    There will always be people who consider themselves "better" fans of something if they claim that the new isn't as good as the old. I just finished watching the whole second season, and it's all brilliant. The plots are more cohesive, the writing is tighter, and you get to see character development outside of Bret & Jemaine - such as the conflict in Mel & Doug's There will always be people who consider themselves "better" fans of something if they claim that the new isn't as good as the old. I just finished watching the whole second season, and it's all brilliant. The plots are more cohesive, the writing is tighter, and you get to see character development outside of Bret & Jemaine - such as the conflict in Mel & Doug's relationship, or the expansion upon Murray & poor hapless Greg. The second season shows slightly higher production values as well as more experimentation with song styles, including a Korean karaoke that had me and everybody I was watching with split our sides laughing. Those who complain of "mediocre" songs must not recognize the gems that are "Too Many Dicks on the Dance Floor,"or the self-deprecating yet surprisingly sweet "Carol Brown." I love these guys, here's hoping for a third season. Expand
  13. Feb 12, 2015
    Season one is just a straight 10/10 for comedic writing but thia season is still good, but lacks a bit from the first season. Still a solid comedy show with some of the best dry humour on tv. Funny as hell and easy to watch for anyone. Songs are also still pretty good but like i say, season one probably has the best. Must watch both seasons!
  14. Jul 11, 2014
    2.) Series is original, but the new zealand accent is just **** horrible, stretchin the e to death. Second Season guests are good, Jim Gaffigan, Kristen Wiig...

Nothing's less funny than a comedy that tries too hard. But Flight of the Conchords pulls off the neat trick of being amusing without appearing to try at all.
  2. And as the new season begins, it becomes clear that gags are easier to write in abundance than gag lyrics. The non-melodic portions of the show are still a scream.
  3. The level of cleverness of Flight of the Conchords is off the charts.