Flight of the Conchords : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
9.1

1. GabeG
    Jul 10, 2007
    This is a well needed show and praise the hbo network for giving it a chance
  2. RichardD.
    Jul 3, 2007
    This show is fantastic. Hilarious. I can't get enough.
  3. TamH.
    Aug 1, 2007
    A amazing show. So FUNNY. Everyone I show this to loves it. I hope it's on for a very long time!
  4. MikeB
    Aug 7, 2007
    You'd think they would run out of creativity and consistently brilliant songs, but they never do and hopefully they never will. Bret and Jermaine obviously steal the show but they supporting cast is also very solid, hopefully this show lasts.
  5. AnjiL.
    Sep 5, 2007
    I absolutely love this show! ALL the characters are hilarious and the songs are great!
  6. DavidD.
    Oct 30, 2007
    This show resonates beautifully for New Zealanders and is a fantastic cartoon version of NZ male culture. Most of us really are that awkward (at least from age 14 to 27). I suspect only NZ, Aussie, and S. Africa natives with repressed boys' school backgrounds will be falling over themselves laughing. Good on Americans for giving it a try. Sadly here in NZ it is relegated to cable This show resonates beautifully for New Zealanders and is a fantastic cartoon version of NZ male culture. Most of us really are that awkward (at least from age 14 to 27). I suspect only NZ, Aussie, and S. Africa natives with repressed boys' school backgrounds will be falling over themselves laughing. Good on Americans for giving it a try. Sadly here in NZ it is relegated to cable which is a true crime given the load of crap we usually get on major networks. Expand
  7. Hubert
    Jun 24, 2007
    Very funny and original. The pilot actually made me laugh out loud a few times. People who think this is too dry and boring probably love 'Friends'...
  8. MH
    Jun 30, 2007
    Dry, subtle and very funny. This show is not for people who need to be told when to laugh.
  9. TheoC
    Jul 10, 2007
    A breath of fresh air in a world that's generally become more and more bereft of originality.
  10. JackS
    Jul 17, 2007
    Absolutely the funniest show on tv. Their sense of humor make it one of a kind. Should come before Enterouge!
  11. johns
    Jul 2, 2007
    Best New Show Since Extras. If you don't get it, don't worry, it just means that you are not smart enough.
  12. MichaelH
    Jul 24, 2007
    Amazing, two very talented individuals, but lets not forget Rhys Darby (Murray the band manager) who is also a hit. I hope this show never gets cancelled as it is already up there as, dear i say it my favourite show ever! If anything lets the show down it must be that annoying yank character who has a cruch on Bret and Jermaine
  13. JoyJ
    Jul 9, 2007
    One of the most unique and funny shows on t.v.
  14. PaulS
    Aug 1, 2007
    The greatness of this show is the set-up and preformace of the songs. They are interwoven within the story line and give the viewer an additional emotion "angle". Plus, they're funny and quite catchy. I will give the show a 10 if they come back for another season so that should be incentive enough to start another production. It's a great show and all of New Zealand should be The greatness of this show is the set-up and preformace of the songs. They are interwoven within the story line and give the viewer an additional emotion "angle". Plus, they're funny and quite catchy. I will give the show a 10 if they come back for another season so that should be incentive enough to start another production. It's a great show and all of New Zealand should be very proud of them! Expand
  15. MattA.
    Aug 26, 2007
    While not as good as such recent comedy classics such as Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, and the British version of The Office, this is much better than, say, the overrated and usually painfully unfunny American version of the The Office. Both leads are great, the scenarios are hilarious, and the music is almost always catchy and well-written. The only reason for the 8 While not as good as such recent comedy classics such as Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, and the British version of The Office, this is much better than, say, the overrated and usually painfully unfunny American version of the The Office. Both leads are great, the scenarios are hilarious, and the music is almost always catchy and well-written. The only reason for the 8 is that it can get a little tedious at times, but overall, very good. Expand
  16. Ben
    Jun 17, 2007
    Understated and deadpan...but funny for all the right reasons.
  17. ChrisB
    Jun 21, 2007
    Don't just call it Seinfeld with an edge. The writing and delivery are so subtle that you will find yourself laughing even harder the second time you watch it. This is how a comedy team is supposed to work.
  18. mikea
    Jun 20, 2007
    awesome, original and innovative - keep it up HBO.
  19. Bobby
    Jun 22, 2007
    Hilarious - There is only one kind of Dance. The robot. And the robo-boogie. Oh yes, two kinds......of dances.
  20. CollinHayes
    Jun 27, 2007
    The pilot episode, typically viewed as the worst episode for new television shows, was great. Bret and Jermaine will continue to shine on HBO.
  21. ColbyS.
    Jun 27, 2007
    After watching the first two episodes, I'm convinced that this show is highly underrated. Sure, it's not knee-slapping funny, but I got a few laughs from it and the music's well-done on top of the humor. Subtlety wins.
  22. C.B.
    Jul 11, 2007
    magical
  23. JustinC
    Jul 13, 2007
    This show just plain makes me happy. The characters are simultaneously sweet, smart and innocent which makes them a delightful and refreshing change from the run of smarmy, acidic comedies we've had lately. Anyone who says it's just for Kiwis, Aussies, etc is just wrong.
  24. RyanW
    Jul 21, 2007
    This is an excellent show and I really enjoy their awesome music.
  25. UthredS
    Jul 23, 2007
    The songs are what make the show. Not sure how long this series can last without getting stale but very funny so far.
  26. ShaunaC
    Jul 25, 2007
    This show is awesome! It is extremely funny and it is not offensive, so lots of people can enjoy it. I have been telling all of my friends about this show, and every single person who has had a chance to see clips just loves the Flight of the Conchords. I hope everyone starts watching this show, so that we all can enjoy Flight of the Conchords for years to come. This is the comedy series This show is awesome! It is extremely funny and it is not offensive, so lots of people can enjoy it. I have been telling all of my friends about this show, and every single person who has had a chance to see clips just loves the Flight of the Conchords. I hope everyone starts watching this show, so that we all can enjoy Flight of the Conchords for years to come. This is the comedy series I've been waiting for. Jemaine and Bret are Heeeelarious through and through! I give them my highest recommendation, completely and without reservation. Expand
  27. bat-s
    Jul 31, 2007
    my face hurts from laughing so much! i love them.
  28. chrisr
    Jul 3, 2007
    It's funny. Along the same lines as "the office". Watch and listen carefully and you will laugh. With all of the other trash on TV.... I am amazed that any critic could dislike this show.
  29. Alexandra
    Aug 1, 2007
    My new favorite show on tv. I love Bret and Jermaine, and totally wish I could be friends with them.
  30. Kathy
    Aug 6, 2007
    Fun, different!
  31. ValerieA
    Aug 8, 2007
    I have never been inclined to review or rate a show in my life, THAT'S how much I love FOTC.
  32. LouiseG.
    Sep 2, 2007
    The most original show in ages. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much watching a show.
  33. BobA.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Almost always brilliant.
  34. PhilJ.
    Sep 3, 2007
    This show is hit or miss, but when it misses it's an inside the park homerun. And when it hits it's an out of the park power swing of steroidic proportions.
  35. TedL
    Jan 18, 2008
    Love this show!
  36. CarlM
    Jan 4, 2008
    Classic humour. Amazed that one pro reviewer gave it such a duff rating, but maybe he just didn't get it
  37. BenV.
    Feb 8, 2008
    The funniest show I have ever seen on TV. Its intelligent, witty, subtle, and awesome. I have seen every episode 4 times and am still laughing at every joke.
  38. MarkS.
    Mar 29, 2008
    It takes a lot for me to laugh out loud nowadays but this show does it for me every time. I already new of the comedy duo and how hilarious they are but nothing prepared me for Murray the band manager! This is pure comedy gold.
  39. AlasdairC
    Feb 2, 2009
    Absolutely brilliant and completely hilarious.
  40. SteveB
    Jun 12, 2009
    I love those Kiwis! That show is fresh and New Zealand is so hot right now!
  41. MikeG
    Dec 1, 2007
    Sure, there are a few repetitive moments. And, yes, this has all been done before. That being said, it's hard to imagine it being done better or much funnier than it's being done here. Bret and Jemaine are both brilliant, and the supporting cast brings every role to life. This is an absurd universe they've created: an adolescent's vision of what being in a band and Sure, there are a few repetitive moments. And, yes, this has all been done before. That being said, it's hard to imagine it being done better or much funnier than it's being done here. Bret and Jemaine are both brilliant, and the supporting cast brings every role to life. This is an absurd universe they've created: an adolescent's vision of what being in a band and living in the big city is like; and they do it with a slapstick sense of joy that harkens back to the Marx Brothers. Expand
  42. kathys
    Jun 15, 2007
    Awesome, funny and very different.
  43. RobotBoogie
    Jun 17, 2007
    just amazing.. Made me remember what it is to watch something new, refreshing and just plain funny.
  44. JustinC.
    Jun 17, 2007
    A very original comedy and one of the best I've seen in a long while. I'll definitely be tuning in next week to watch the next episode.
  45. GregG
    Loved it.
    Jun 18, 2007
    One of the most original comedies I've seen on TV in a while. Quite funny. My only concern, having seen their live act, is what they're going to do when they run out of songs. They've got enough for at least one full season, but it's tough writing songs that are that funny. I hope they make it, cause it's funny stuff.
  47. chrisg
    excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  48. omarn
    Jun 19, 2007
    these guys are likeable and their songs are hilarious. can't wait for the next showing!
  49. LarryB
    Jun 21, 2007
    The dialogue needs some strengthening to get people to understand just how funny this is. Previous fans will love it immediately, but those new to FOTC will be caught up after the first two or three episodes I'd bet. Their screen report will have to come along to be anything as effective as it is on the standup stage.
  50. samh
    Jun 22, 2007
    this is one of the best new shows.
  51. Matthew
    Jun 22, 2007
    Absolutely hysterical--the most original and creative show I have seen in a very long time.
  52. FrankR
    Jun 24, 2007
    Two words: Binary Solo (you have to watch the credits to catch it) This show is brilliant and the changing tag lines on the New Zealand posters are great!
  53. Geoff
    Jun 26, 2007
    screw you les this is one of the best shows, did seinfeld have a point, i think not
  54. BrettC.
    Jun 27, 2007
    THE funniest new show on television. I can't stop laughing
  55. CrocM
    Jul 12, 2007
    Thankfully HBO isn't afraid to take risks. Flight of the Conchords is the most unique comedy of the year.
  56. RossD
    Jul 10, 2007
    This show is funny.. British humo reven thought they're from new zealand
  57. KezM
    Jul 12, 2007
    Brilliant show!! Original, wacky, great songs and characters. I'm hooked!!
  58. AKC
    Jul 13, 2007
    Unique and very funny. The best comedy on TV since the Ali G show. The pace is different, but to confuse understated (but sharp) comedy with boring is a mistake. Be patient- it's worth it- and hopefully HBO agrees and extends the show's run...
  59. JonM
    Jul 15, 2007
    Probably one of the most original shows I have ever seen. I love it.
  60. KyleeN.
    Jul 16, 2007
    It's amazing, the funniest thing I have seen on television. However, I do think you have to have a certain type of personality to enjoy this delightful show.
  61. ZackM
    Jul 18, 2007
    The joke density is fairly low, but a recent episode had me laughing out loud a good four or five times. The songs range from goofy to spot-on, and the incompetent manager, Murray, is a brilliant addition to the Conchords' chemistry.
  62. SamR
    Jul 18, 2007
    This show is phenomenal. It's so original. It's awkward comedy at it's best (trailing curb your enthusiasm) and it's songs are more laughs than you can handle.
  63. DirkG
    Jul 18, 2007
    Great, subtle and wry humor. The leads are really charismatic and Mel (not Meg) is hilarious as their only fan. There are occasional rough spots, but pound for pound it's still funnier than most stuff out there, and when it hits, it REALLY hits. Agree with Mike H.: this stuff sticks in your head for days.
  64. JoshJ
    Jul 19, 2007
    Quirky, original, and very dry. Good stuff!
  65. MargiT
    Jul 21, 2007
    This is the funniest show I have seen in a long time. I love all the songs. Jemaine is eye candy too!
  66. LarsT
    Jul 2, 2007
    Getting better all the time...3 episodes in and the subtle hilarity keeps getting better. Meg is the best fan ever....
  67. MarcH
    Jul 23, 2007
    BRILLIANT!!!!
  68. EvanH
    Jul 29, 2007
    One of the funniest shows of the year. The songs happen to be pretty amazing, not to mention hysterical!
  69. romanmc
    Jul 3, 2007
    "I can't man, I'm too scared." Classic.
  70. JosephP.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Flight of the Conchords is an exceptional, innovative comedy!
  71. TomW.
    Jul 3, 2007
    I don't usually rate shows, and with this series I expected a rehash of Tenacious D's three episode run on HBO. However, I've never been so impressed with a musical coemdy show. FotC blows sketch comedy shows on MTV and FUSE out of the water.
  72. BF.
    Jul 4, 2007
    This show may be too clever for its own good. I can only hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Lucky Louie, and go over the heads of these philistines... Seriously funny show. Please for the love of God, watch it, record it, then watch it again...
  73. shawnc.
    Jul 6, 2007
    Flight of the conchords is brilliant. Its very eccentric and hits a very unique comedy vibe. The two lead actors have a very strong on screen presense and they both have amazing chemistry and comic timing. The show also features some amazing musical segments that are hilarious. This show is sure to be a classic.
  74. DanW
    Jul 7, 2007
    the musical scenes alone are enough to make your sides hurt with laughter
  75. BrendanP
    Jul 7, 2007
    This show is brilliant in execution and remastering the band's classic songs. It's one of the best pseudo-reality show currently on television.
  76. ScottN.
    Jul 8, 2007
    This brilliant, understated comedy. Its not shouting at the rooftops and its not taking the piss. These guys have brilliant timing, simple stories and hilarious songs. Perhaps it is only for Kiwi's, Aussies and Brits but still worth a look if you arent one of the above.
  77. TedJ
    Aug 10, 2007
    My favorite show this summer! Gentle humor, dryly delivered. Great songs and music videos.
  78. Alonsog.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Great, simple and very entertaining, exactly how it should be. Really enjoy it
  79. jeffj.
    Aug 14, 2007
    Absolutely the funniest show on television. My whole family watches the show religiously. Please HBO, renew this series!!!!
  80. MelM
    Aug 2, 2007
    This show makes me laugh out loud every episode. I love these guys... I think I may really be Mel..
  81. BubPasta
    Aug 6, 2007
    Like it more each week.
  82. DavidA.
    Aug 8, 2007
    After watching this show if has become my new favorite. I can't get enough of it. The thing about this show is that it's not stupid. I can laugh at a show like this but not to a show like Family Guy. Their jokes are small, which is good because it ends them quicker. Other shows out there outstretch their jokes to where it fails horribly. Heres hoping Flight of the Conchords After watching this show if has become my new favorite. I can't get enough of it. The thing about this show is that it's not stupid. I can laugh at a show like this but not to a show like Family Guy. Their jokes are small, which is good because it ends them quicker. Other shows out there outstretch their jokes to where it fails horribly. Heres hoping Flight of the Conchords lasts for 4 or so more seasons. ;) Expand
  83. PaulB.
    Nov 1, 2008
    This show is excellent, the musical interludes make it a little surreal but it is my favourite show and to get reviews from critics of 6.8 is a joke.
  84. TomY
    Jan 16, 2008
    the critics for once got it wrong. this is a much better show than a 68. along with Extras and the Wire, HBO continues to put out the best stuff on TV. FOTC is an exceptionally quirky and hilarious show. the musicians are quite talented musically and extremely funny as well.
  85. kp
    Jan 4, 2008
    Hilarious
  86. GlenH.
    Mar 8, 2008
    Definitely one of the funniest shows I've seen since Extras, 100% recommend this not just for 'kids', I think an older crowd can enjoy this but for sure it's aimed at young adults and it's a real joy. These guys write some hilarious tunes and Jemaine and Murray are killer. Watch this show.
  87. ShawnM.
    Apr 25, 2008
    The music video sequences are just hillarious. I can watch them over and over.
  88. ChristianM.
    May 21, 2008
    The TV show that I most look forward to.
  89. ArjunK.
    Jun 2, 2008
    Good laughs, good first season.
  90. BrandonH.
    Oct 4, 2009
    This is a fresh, funny show that shouldn't be over looked. I would suggest listening to there songs before watching there show, that way you can appreciate it more.
  91. LynneE
    Mar 23, 2009
    So funny. But these guys are clever and very talented. Good show HBO
  92. TeresaS
    Jul 28, 2009
    Very, very funny!
  93. SF.
    Nov 12, 2007
    Love this show. very funny and they look great. Destined for great things.
  94. PhilP.
    Oct 12, 2007
    Love this show - best thing on TV since Arrested Development ended
  95. DavidP
    Dec 22, 2007
    I'm almost becoming obsessed with this one. It's the best show I've seen in ages. One of few where I've actually been falling off my chair laughing. I think it really deserves a bigger audience.
  96. CoryL.
    Oct 25, 2007
    the best show in a long time
  97. JasonJ.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Maybe there needs to be a larger pool of critics? 68? Are you kidding? It's the funniest stuff that's been on T.V. in a long time. All it will take is for season 2 to be as good as the first.
  98. JewDaddyFromCincinnati
    Jun 14, 2007
    Episode 1 is already online at HBO.com. It's Really funny !, I'll be a loyal viewer. Funny Music : "We are robots from the distant future. From the year 2000."
  99. EvieB.
    Jun 15, 2007
    What you'd get if Wes Anderson art directed The Office. Funny, yes, but I don't know. Something about it left me feeling a little cycnical (probably the Wes Anderson part of the equation...)
  100. LelandK
    Jun 19, 2007
    Innovative comedy that i did enjoy

The charms of this series are subtle, but only grow over the course of the first few episodes.
    You should be there on Sunday night to see the premiere of something new and hilarious, and completely different.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    "Flight" is pretty much a snooze until the music starts, at which point the show kicks up into something quite weird and occasionally wonderful.