Frozen Planet : Season 1

• Network: BBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 26, 2011
8.8

1. May 26, 2012
    An amazing TV show. This show is a more extreme versions of Life and Planet Earth. With stunning footage, and animals you will never forget, this is a show you should see immediately. Very few documentaries in history have gone to so many extremes to make such an amazing show.
  2. Apr 8, 2012
    The incredible photography work has captured some of the most indelible images I've ever seen on television. This is the kind of programming HDTV was made for.
  3. Apr 6, 2012
    This is as good as it gets. The wolves versus large hairy strong critters chills the bone. Intelligence versus lack of discipline. I love the people who go out and get these films of our wonderful planet. Most of us (99.9%) will never see these wonders. The rules are so clear. Procreate, eat, get eaten, die.
  4. Mar 30, 2012
    Not much information in this series. They show animals without telling us what we're looking at and ignore the flora completely. The musical score is annoying -- it's way too loud, too twee in some cases -- it's like it's a silent movie and not a documentary. Just because it's pretty doesn't mean it's good.
  5. Mar 27, 2012
    I honestly can't think of any way it could have been improved upon. It should be compulsory viewing in all schools so that today's children have an idea of what their world, outside texting and video games, is actually like.
  6. Mar 25, 2012
    This is a 9.25 out of 10, but rounding. This is a great Tv show. Sound is pretty good, and Alec Baldwin is all right. So informational. The content is just great. It's also great seeing all the different species of animals. You should watch this.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Mar 19, 2012
    The artfully composed images are both crystal clear and cinematically creamy.
  2. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Mar 19, 2012
    It's not that we haven't seen the polar regions before. But this special, narrated by Alec Baldwin, puts it all together in a way that makes it feel consistently more intriguing than the nature films you remember from school.
  3. Reviewed by: Ross Langager
    Mar 19, 2012
    Frozen Planet recycles some material from previous films from under the same umbrella (I'm pretty sure those duck-hunting wolves were in Life) as well as covering territory very well-trodden by other films.