• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.2

1. Apr 7, 2014
    By knowing what happens from reading Book 3, this second half has the potential to be the greatest season of television ever. The show just keeps topping itself and Benioff & Weiss stay incredibly true to the books. Possibly more-so than any other book-to-TV/Film adaptation ever.
  2. May 5, 2014
    Really great nothing to say more, this series is epic.

It is always immersed in and even if white walkers are expected, one remains in the course of history and things were put in place gradually. Sometimes, it'll really very quickly also and everything is upset suddenly ;)

In short, this series still has for quite a few years to make us dream and it went well to be a true masterpiece!
  3. Oct 9, 2014
    It's just getting better and better !
    Unbelievable how a TV-serie can be made with such a good quality !
    It has all the materials for a great fantasy, adventure serie !
    Glad in this season less good people were killed ! ;)
  4. Aug 28, 2014
    On season one, Baelor delivered a shocking death. On season two, Blackwater shown what could be done with special effects on tv. On season three, The Rains of Castamere gave a precious lesson - in Westeros you should never go to weddings. In all previous seasons there was a standout episode. It's hard to do the same this season - from a child slowly becoming a killer, more murder inOn season one, Baelor delivered a shocking death. On season two, Blackwater shown what could be done with special effects on tv. On season three, The Rains of Castamere gave a precious lesson - in Westeros you should never go to weddings. In all previous seasons there was a standout episode. It's hard to do the same this season - from a child slowly becoming a killer, more murder in weddings, powerful courtroom scenes, amazing cinema-worthy CG, a finale leaving us wanting more like never before - there's more action than all others seasons throughout. The stakes are getting higher, but this is definitely one of the best shows on tv, and demands to be seen by everyone (old enough). Expand
  5. Jun 20, 2014
    The acting is beyond brilliant and engaging, as well as are the story-lines. The juxtaposition of putting all these characters together adds chemistry that would otherwise be lacking in most adaptations of books. This is victorious over Lord of the Rings by far.
  6. Oct 14, 2014
    My favorite tv show out their! great characters (tyrion) amazing plot (tyrions) beautiful special effects (anything to do with tyrion) and all around awesome! (BTW TYRION FTW)
  7. May 31, 2014
    Una de las mejores series de los últimos tiempos. Me gusta absolutamente todo de la serie. Y una mención a parte merece Tyrion para el clamo justicia desde aquí.
  8. Aug 7, 2014
    Like all the other seasons, this season was great. I love the book series and despite the changes needed to be made, I liked them. Awesome show. However, this season lost some appeal of the first two seasons.
  9. Jul 12, 2014
    Each season gets even better and stronger than the last. As last year we had shocking moments in the middle and in the end, this time there are no stops pulled and every character becomes affected by something personal that progresses the story and every character from this moment on. This show
  10. Jul 20, 2015
    [For entire series] As grand, epic, grotesquely violent, and lascivious as TV has ever been. What makes this show so damn good though is its great storytelling! We care deeply one way or another about the characters and there are so, so many. The visual effects are some of the biggest and best ever produced for television and probably no show has ever been done on a larger scale, and[For entire series] As grand, epic, grotesquely violent, and lascivious as TV has ever been. What makes this show so damn good though is its great storytelling! We care deeply one way or another about the characters and there are so, so many. The visual effects are some of the biggest and best ever produced for television and probably no show has ever been done on a larger scale, and though it skews into the supernatural (as expected from sword and sorcery, but not realistic medieval history) it does so sparingly without blowing the overall realism. This is leagues above any of the Peter Jackson movies for all these reasons. Expand
  11. Aug 19, 2014
    With enough twists and turns to make a Shyamalan enthusiast proud, Game of Thrones continues to prove to audiences why it's one of the greatest television series of all time.
  12. Sep 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just like every other season, it was epic. The worst moment of the season was when Oberyn Martel gets massacred. I remember feeling sick and so upset. Regardless, If you have not started watching this show, do it now. Expand
  13. Mar 30, 2015
  14. Apr 6, 2014
    The show is doing a great job at following the books. I do enjoy all the added scenes. Almost every episodes are going to have some extra scenes that aren't in the book because the books are from first person points of view. So the writers have the freedom to add the scenes that are usually mentioned in the books and some are just created. They just can't make a character go m.i.a like inThe show is doing a great job at following the books. I do enjoy all the added scenes. Almost every episodes are going to have some extra scenes that aren't in the book because the books are from first person points of view. So the writers have the freedom to add the scenes that are usually mentioned in the books and some are just created. They just can't make a character go m.i.a like in the books. Certain things had to be adapted for TV. it keeps the show fresh and keeps the book readers still some way surprised (including myself). I am very pleased with the show. No other TV network would have done the show justice, it requires a big budget though it still not as epic as it is in the books i would still like to thank the writers and HBO for the effort. Two thumbs up. Expand
  15. May 31, 2014
    This Season is amazing, I haven't read the books but have been watching Game of Thrones since the first Season.

Game of Thrones is my favorite TV Series ever. The acting is amazing, the writing is amazing. There are so many main characters with their own stories than the TV focuses on and I feel so much for these characters, it seems so real (In a Game of Thrones, Seven Kingdoms, Different World kind of way), this isn't afraid to kill off characters really well and unexpectedly for the sake of the story.

Amazing, 10/10
  16. Apr 14, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Holy Cow!! This season starts the best with it's 2 episodes so far... The casting, the costumes, the places, the intensity are perfect as always. But man that 2nd episode. I can't believe how much joy I've felt when the thing happened. Thank you Dan Gurewitch you've gained the whole world's hate with that brilliant performance. Now it's time to say our farewells and wait for some more intense scenes that are to come. 10/10 Expand
  17. Apr 29, 2014
    Fantastic performances from the likes of Nikolaj Coster Waldau and Gwendoline Christie really bring this beloved book the small screen treatment it deserves and were only four episodes in!
  18. Apr 13, 2014
    Amazing premiere and second episode.the second episode by far has two be my favorite episode.great acting,amazing costumes,and an incredibly large cast
  19. May 16, 2014
    Great season up there with 1 and 2. Not as much nudity but makes up for it in drama and action. To me it's Season 2,1,4,3 all great some better than others. One issue is...............where are the damn Dragons!!!!!!!!!!
  20. May 5, 2014
    Fast paced and exciting. The series goes straight into the action and for the most part keeps you interested in the plot. Scenes with certain charecters still do not carry as much weight as you would like. The tense moments and amazing quotes comming from some of these charecters assures your love for them. The well constructed shots and sound design realy show the high grade of the set and crew.
  21. Jun 8, 2014
    Me sigo emocionando como la primera temporada... si no la has visto, no pierdas el tiempo y empieza a disfrutar esta gran serie basada a un libro genial!!
  22. May 13, 2014
    So much tension, so much drama, I have no life and cannot work properly without a dose of GoT! Ok after Breaking Bad I was given a breather for a couple of months which seemed like a year!! but I am glad I waited this long to start watching series 4! I am engrossed by the whitewalkers, what if they ruled on the iron throne!! Scared I am!!
    I cannot breath proper after seeing the trial of
    I cannot breath proper after seeing the trial of Tyrion, again what a damned great performance!!!! Oberon you sexy beast, stop it, you appear to be enjoying the Lannisters and their chaos, Jaime you are kind but it won't work! Shae you are a shame (acted wonderfully again). Cersei chin up you can still throw a good punch even after losing a child (one would have thought you would calm down by now). Just to let you know though, I actually miss Joffrey.
  23. Jun 2, 2014
    The awesomeness continues. Only thing bad is I have to wait a week between episodes when I want to gorge myself on Game of Thrones. Season 4 Episode 8 - I can't believe all of that just happened, Game of Thrones delivers again... and I was really starting to like that guy.
  24. Jun 17, 2014
    There's nothing more to say of this show that wasn't said already. Probably the best show on TV right now. It has everything. Riveting plot, complex characters, great acting, a script that's faithful to the novels, entertaining fight and battle scenes (brought to life by skillful directing), and absorbing drama. I Can't wait for next season.
  25. Jun 14, 2014
    Somethings can't be put into words without taking from their value.
    Watch it. Now.

This is where I write some more, and even though you see the dramatic value of my review has been broken- that's the nature of the 150 character minimum rule.
  26. Apr 8, 2014
    Based on the first episode this season is going to be amazing. The Hound and Arya are absolutely killing it. Oberyn and the Thenns (two new "characters") are introduced so well! Both are immideatly easy to recognize and have extremely strong characteristics. There is so much to say but in all it's amazing :P
  27. Apr 20, 2014
    Before I begin my review, I feel obligated to say: People that give this an 8 then criticize everyone who gives it a 10 really REALLY bother me. To the individual I am addressing but not completely calling out, I must beg that you be pragmatic in your future critiques. Your opinion is NOT fact. Maybe I believe that Breaking Bad and Justified are great shows, but do not quite "match up" toBefore I begin my review, I feel obligated to say: People that give this an 8 then criticize everyone who gives it a 10 really REALLY bother me. To the individual I am addressing but not completely calling out, I must beg that you be pragmatic in your future critiques. Your opinion is NOT fact. Maybe I believe that Breaking Bad and Justified are great shows, but do not quite "match up" to HBO's The Wire and Game of Thrones. But that is MY opinion. It is still not fact.

And to the next person I hear compare Game of Thrones to that, IN MY OPINION, inconsistent (though still oddly entertaining) mess of a series The Walking Dead as if they are on the same level of quality, or for that matter, use the idiotic concept "over hyped", I will cut off his manhood and feed it to the goats!

Now, to the review: Yes, I am reviewing this season only two episodes in. To those who disapprove, be sated by the fact that if something were to change my opinion down the road a few episodes I will update my review accordingly. But, having the distinct advantage that I have read the books and having not been disappointed thus far, I am fairly confident this season will be the best yet. And since Metacritic will not let me give the show the 11 I feel it deserves, I am forced to give Game of Thrones another 10 for this season.

In my opinion, the books series it is based on, A Song of Ice and Fire, is simply the single greatest adult fantasy series out there that I have read, and Game of Thrones has done a near-perfect job adapting such a vast text to fit a television format. Do I have occasional quibbles about the showrunners adaption choices? Of course. But, so far, none have been immense enough to warrant me docking the show even 1/4 of a point.

I cannot wait to see some of my favorite scenes from the books adapted for the big screen. This season will most definitely be unforgettable and the pinnacle of great television, in my opinion.
  28. May 1, 2014
    consistently amazing. In every way. Simply the best show that has ever been. The Costumes, the writing, the acting, there are over a dozen intriguing characters that are constantly being traded for by being killed off and new ones introduced and only one actor seems to be not getting it (the one who plays Bran)

Just undeniably incredible. and this season is the best so far!
  29. Apr 23, 2014
    Has been better than the last two seasons by a long shot and that's only two episodes in. I love the casting of the Red Viper (how he was easily makes or breaks this season for me), Pedro Pascal is simply fantastic. My only concern is that it's a bit too fast paced and I hope they don't add too much content from the next two books because it will be massive spoilers for those who have notHas been better than the last two seasons by a long shot and that's only two episodes in. I love the casting of the Red Viper (how he was easily makes or breaks this season for me), Pedro Pascal is simply fantastic. My only concern is that it's a bit too fast paced and I hope they don't add too much content from the next two books because it will be massive spoilers for those who have not read them. Expand
  30. Apr 10, 2014
    What other show has a cast this large, and yet can get so much out of each character in such a small amount of screen time? Im amazed at the locations, the casting, the acting, writing...its all just so well done. And the music? Oberyn has his own theme, along with the Thenns, and it just all is handled with an obvious passion from everyone involved. Start from season 1 and just enjoyWhat other show has a cast this large, and yet can get so much out of each character in such a small amount of screen time? Im amazed at the locations, the casting, the acting, writing...its all just so well done. And the music? Oberyn has his own theme, along with the Thenns, and it just all is handled with an obvious passion from everyone involved. Start from season 1 and just enjoy this incredible story; you will enjoy this much more if you have followed along from the beginning! Great first episode of season 4, with a rare happy ending of sorts...which seems to never happen in this story. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Apr 4, 2014
    This narrative pokiness is redeemed, as usual, by the machine-tooled professionalism of the production, the lavish attention to the mock-medieval costumes and setting, and the mostly crisp, understated acting by the international cast.... More than ever, though, you may find yourself impatient for the plot to wind around to the more engaging story lines.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Molloy
    Apr 4, 2014
    The acting is delightful, the visuals are sumptuous, the stories couldn't be more surprising.
    The storytelling seems to have hit a new peak of relaxed confidence. In every scene you get a sense of steady forward motion. New characters are introduced and old characters deepened, and devious new plots are laid out so deftly that it's not until midway through episode three that you look back over everything that came before and laugh at yourself for not having seen a particular surprise coming