Game of Thrones : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
9.1

1. Jun 28, 2016
    BRILLIANT. A expertly adapted fantasy from an overcomplicated book. This is the one to beat and I doubt if any other fantasy TV series will ever come close. The books are superbly crafted by a genius author and the TV show has now taken a life of its own with well formulated plots condensing intricate book storylines.
  2. Jun 11, 2016
    Game of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casualGame of Thrones is amazing. I never had too much interest in the fantasy genre before this show, but honestly after watching the first five seasons, I can't wait until the sixth season comes out on Itunes or something. Game of Thrones is my dad's new favorite show, and I never recalled him being a fan of fantasy before. This show is a must watch for fantasy buffs, as well as more casual viewers, as the story pulls you in and never lets go and the characters change and sometimes die. This show is a 10/10! Expand
  3. Jun 8, 2016
    The first season of the best show on television might be up there as one of the best first seasons of any TV show ever. Great world building, great plot lines, and amazing production values are all overshadowed by how incredible the characters are. This show is a must watch.
  4. Jun 5, 2016
    With a brilliant plot, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the show. I was reluctant to watch it at first because of the nudity and violence, but only after watching it did I realize that the show is much more than that. The story having variety of themes, plot twists and cliff hangers kept me at the tip of my seat. In simple words, it is a masterpiece.
  5. May 26, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Took me a few episodes to get into, but once I got attached to the characters, they died. Which is great, because the less-favored characters develop into lovable, conniving favorites. If you do not like the show, don't let the door hit you on the way out ;) Expand
  6. May 10, 2016
    Simply amazing ! A clever tv show ! Actors/tress, characters, music, storyline : everything works perfectly ! The third season begins "slowly" (for this show) but I feel confident that I will not be disappointed.
  7. May 5, 2016
    Game of thrones is a fantastic show with stunning visuals and lovable characters. It even has one of the best production value I have ever seen on a tv show and in movies
  8. Apr 21, 2016
    Game of Thrones is an American fantasy television series produced by the HBO cable network. It is based on the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, written by George R.R. Martin who serves as a producer, creative consultant and scriptwriter on the television series. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss created the television series and serve as executive producers, showrunners and the main writers.
  9. Apr 20, 2016
    This show is amazing. Everyone should watch it. I've almost never seen a show that can be so consistently impressive with its episodes from start to finish.
  10. Apr 19, 2016
    even though I think the books are 100% better, the show is really worth watching! Stading ovation to every single actor, they all deserve all of the awards! Can't wait for its return!
  11. Apr 18, 2016
    Literally one of the best shows ever made, after "Breaking Bad."

It gets a 9, though, because of its current treatment of the source material, unnecessary and inaccurate rape, and the exclusion of favored characters from the books.

Those complaints aside, it still absolutely deserves a 9 for the acting, story, and drama. Even if you don't enjoy fantasy works, you'll probably enjoy this.
  12. Apr 17, 2016
    I loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think thatI loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think that having read the books puts certain things, that some have taken issue with (like sex and racism), into a perspective where it's not the same problem since you know more about the whole world and how various characters think. Expand
  13. Apr 15, 2016
    I always tell everyone to just stick with it past the first episode. It's a lot of information to swallow when you dive into episode one but so incredibly worth around the 3rd or 4th episode. So much is constantly happening. A total binge worthy show that makes you feel like you're watching a movie each episode. Well done. Best show currently airing.
  14. Mar 24, 2016
    The most consistent season of all, mostly because it stayed the most faithful to the book. I didn't have the best visuals or the biggest budget compared to later seasons but at least the characters and their motivations/actions made sense.
  15. Mar 17, 2016
    I came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting olderI came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting older series' that I had enjoyed for years (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.)

The show is simply marvelous. From the very first episode, the world-building and characterizations are impressive, especially given the relatively meager budget the show had to work with in it's first go around. The pilot might be the single most impressive episode of the whole series, which doesn't usually happen. You have the Stark introductions, assassination, incest, executions, history and lore, and attempted child murder...and that's just the first episode!

Having now read all of the books, it is one of the most impressive feats of adaptation I have witnessed (again, compared to the likes of Harry Potter and LOTR franchises). The settings, the scenes that are selected for adaptation versus those jettisoned for the TV medium, and especially the cast are all amazing. Truly, the casting is one of the greatest strengths of this show, even into it's fifth season. Main cast actors are just about always spot-on, and many a character whose role is very small in both book and show is made memorable by the portrayal of the actor or actress. Just off the top of my head, characters who were not very prominent in either medium but who are instantly memorable from their depiction: Syrio Forel, Yoren, Alliser Thorne, Bronn, the list goes on.

And then we come to what Game of Thrones is known for: deaths of major characters. If I simply enjoyed the show before reaching the ninth episode, I was irrevocably hooked after it. Game of Thrones is unique in how it gets you invested in a character and then takes them away from you, but all the while giving you ample forshadowing (IF you pay attention,) and it never feels cheap or included simply for shock value. Ned Stark (and Sean Bean's pitch-perfect performance of him) is our first protagonist, and although we expect a last minute rescue as he stands ready to be executed, some part of us knew he was doomed as soon as he arrived in King's Landing.

Ned Stark and his fate is a great example of another strength of this series. With few exceptions, almost all of its characters are morally ambiguous or deeply flawed in some way. A man like Ned Stark, who readers/viewers immediately understood as an honorable, good man, had critical flaws that led to his downfall. And on the flip side, a duplicitous character like Littlefinger is also relatable because we know what his background is, and we know that his plan to back Joffrey and work behind the scenes was what Ned SHOULD have done! But Ned being Ned, that just wasn't going to fly. And so Littlefinger betrayed him, for what afterwards seems like obvious reasoning.

Truly the beginning of a remarkable series!
  16. Feb 6, 2016
    Nadchodzi zima…

Na wstępie powiem, że najpierw przeczytałem książki. Dlatego też miałem ogromne wymagania co do całego serialu. I muszę przyznać, że nie mogę się doczekać, tego jak w kolejnych sezonach potoczy się akcja. Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć
    Nadchodzi zima…

Pierwszy sezon jest przykładem na to jak robi się filmy w klimatach średniowiecza. Kostiumy i prawdziwa scenografia ponad efekty specjalne sprawiają, że czuć autentyczność miejsc oraz bohaterów. Do tego na prawdę świetna gra aktorów czyni ten sezon prawie idealnym. To co mi przeszkadzało to sceny sexu co dosłownie 10 minut. W książce ich tylu nie było, więc i w serialu wydają się być nie na miejscu w takich ilościach. Ale jak tu nie oglądać kobiecych piersi kiedy HBO jest producentem… ;)
    Polecam każdemu.
  17. Jan 30, 2016
    Game of Thrones starts and ends on a great cliffhanger, what is amazing on how entertaining each episode gets in other words once you're hook you'll never want it to end. Overall, season 1 of Game of thrones is fantastic.
  18. Jan 30, 2016
    Immediately hooked! Absolutely loved it. And couldn't wait to start the next season. Many different characters and everyone of them more intriguing than the one before. Lots of twists & turns. You will not be bored at all.
  19. Jan 21, 2016
    Temporada espetacular. Concisa, envolvente, e épica. Traduz brilhantemente o livro homônimo. Com um plot twist inesquecível, a temporada consegue ser complexa e ao mesmo tempo tragável.
  20. Jan 21, 2016
    - shocking death scenes,
    - perfect Characters

-(negative):
    - 4 - 7 episodes until you're "inside" Westeros

"The first season of Game of Thrones is awesome! It sets different storylines and they're all near the level of a masterpiece..."

GENRE RATING: 9.8
    OVERALL RATING: 9.4

9.4 = 9.0
  21. Jan 17, 2016
    Here's My All Passing Time, the best TV Program, I can say this is favorite of all time, continue that way Mr. Martin!
    Can't wait for Winds Of Winter!
  22. Jan 14, 2016
    Lots of good acting, a good script and enough intrigue to keep me wanting to see what happens next. I enjoyed some of the twists and turns in the series and found that all the characters are given enough screen time to give them impact, especially the villains, and that is a good thing. There is a lot of depth to most characters and I find myself cheering for certain ones throughout theLots of good acting, a good script and enough intrigue to keep me wanting to see what happens next. I enjoyed some of the twists and turns in the series and found that all the characters are given enough screen time to give them impact, especially the villains, and that is a good thing. There is a lot of depth to most characters and I find myself cheering for certain ones throughout the series. My personal favorite is the dwarf so I am hoping he kills everyone else and takes the throne by the end... alas, I know better... popular TV series are discouraged from creating a definitive ending so it is likely that the series will never end properly.

There are a few issues with this show. First, the amount of tragedy is almost comical. Its almost like a bad zombie apocalypse movie and at some point I just started laughing because it became silly. Another problem is that they are dragging their feet. Some of the side stories were completely uninteresting and just filled up time for no reason while some of the main plot lines barely develop at all during full seasons. It reminds me a lot of comic book fillers. Other than that, its a good show. Go dwarf!
  23. Jan 12, 2016
    The cinematography and the actors are great. Though this is not a series you watch on the side you really have to pay attention as the series is full of happenings. The show looked incredible and the cliffhangers tricks you to binge watch a whole season.
  24. Jan 9, 2016
    This is my favourite tv show (next to Breaking Bad). Since it has an extremely interested story and schanger. The cast is amazing and I love that there's no way to know who'll die next, except if you've read the book.
  25. Dec 9, 2015
    My first review was rather mean. Season 1 is good, but did not live up to my expectations based on the book. I did enjoy watching it, but it did take a while to get over how different the books and TV show can be.
  26. Nov 24, 2015
    After hearing about it for years and never reading the books, I gave it a try. And from the first episode I was completely immersed. Game of Thrones Season 1 is a fantastic opening season of a massive, complex fantasy world. The writing and characters are absolutely incredible and the way the plot is set up is excellent, with diverting and interconnected plots. The themes are mature andAfter hearing about it for years and never reading the books, I gave it a try. And from the first episode I was completely immersed. Game of Thrones Season 1 is a fantastic opening season of a massive, complex fantasy world. The writing and characters are absolutely incredible and the way the plot is set up is excellent, with diverting and interconnected plots. The themes are mature and serious, and after a while you gain an emotional attachment to the characters. There is lots of diversity in the subplots and the world and aesthetics used are rich and detailed. Expand
  27. Oct 25, 2015
    Now this series is an amazing one compared to the challenge. The books (which i have read) are incredibly complex, and for some very difficult to follow due to the sheer amount of characters and detail to every single thing in the world of GoT. There are at least forty different houses, with so many characters. Some of these are of course not detailed as they might not have any relevanceNow this series is an amazing one compared to the challenge. The books (which i have read) are incredibly complex, and for some very difficult to follow due to the sheer amount of characters and detail to every single thing in the world of GoT. There are at least forty different houses, with so many characters. Some of these are of course not detailed as they might not have any relevance to the story as of yet. So everyone saying that this series does a horrible job of making the characters "real" and detailing every single character in the book, after just watching the first episode. Sod off. It is nearly impossible to have that kind of content in a series while still having at least an average amount of storyline. And of course some of the characters might not be perfect for the character they are acting. But that's unavoidable. One cannot simply create an actor so that they look exactly as they were described in the book. And with such an incredibly large cast i'm surprised that they managed to do so well. I have also seen some people complain about the violence applied to women, (feminists no doubt) which indeed has a rather large amount of focus, but then again so has the book. George. R.R, Martin is in charge of making the series as close as possible to the series. And to a certain extent i agree that the nudity is displayed a bit too often, but it doesn't ruin an amazing series

Pros:
    Acting
    Costumes
    Settings (cities, landscapes and so on)
    Similarity to the books

Cons:
    A little bit of overkill on the nudity part
    A little slow to begin with
  28. Oct 3, 2015
    The beginning of what's bound to go down as the greatest TV show in the history of television shows! This show is televisions closest equivalent to a movie. The quality is more amazing than most movies, not just tv shows.
  29. Sep 2, 2015
    Quand j'ai commencé la série, je n'ai pas vraiment accrochée, la saison 1 est la moins réussite, et il ne se passe pas grand chose. J'ai repris la série il y a peu, et au fur et à mesure que la série avance, cela devient de plus en plus passionnant, au point que j'ai regardé mes trois saisons de retard en 1 semaine. Je recommande vivement.
  30. Aug 21, 2015
    Great storyline. But the greatest draw is the production value of this series. The cost per episodes is approximately $5 million. Elaborate sets and characters are staged in beautiful locations around the word. This is the first series to produce each episode like a large-budget blockbuster film.
  31. Aug 6, 2015
    This marvelous adaptation has created a show that will dominate award nominations for years to come. Game of Thrones has no main character, that's what makes it's characters so compelling. They all get equal screen time, meaning there is a level playing field for Westeros' inhabitants to try and win our hearts before they are probably killed off. The different story line's also get a fairThis marvelous adaptation has created a show that will dominate award nominations for years to come. Game of Thrones has no main character, that's what makes it's characters so compelling. They all get equal screen time, meaning there is a level playing field for Westeros' inhabitants to try and win our hearts before they are probably killed off. The different story line's also get a fair shot at grasping our attention. These two elements combined make for very fascinating watching, meaning Game of Thrones easily keeps our attention throughout. It's ability to make you really fall for it's characters is it's strongest element however. The fact that Game of Thrones can be related to real life in terms of conspiracy and power means it is open to every kind of TV fanatic. This means it's fan base has no limits, creating a show that will likely be extremely successful during a lengthy lifespan. Expand
  32. Jul 25, 2015
    Game of Thrones is full of complex yet immersive storytelling, honest characters, solid writing, and fine acting. Season one is definitely worth your time.
  33. Jun 23, 2015
    Amazing serie! Drama, Action, Adventure, Dragons and WHITE WALKERS!!!!!... Havent read the books but this is a show worth seeing over and over again!!
  34. Jun 19, 2015
    Game of Thrones created an amazing world with swords, schemes,... with an expensive setting. Sometimes it's hard to follow the names, sometimes it had too many redundant sex scenes, or sometimes it is too violent, yet this thing right here is something definitely worth watching.
  35. Jun 18, 2015
    If you’re looking for a show that is action packed, and full of suspense then Game of Thrones is the show for you. Full of great actors with whom the audience can’t help but form an emotional attachment to. The attention to fine details creates a sense of authenticity of how the people in the kingdom live. A major point to consider when watching is that no one is ever safe. It never turnsIf you’re looking for a show that is action packed, and full of suspense then Game of Thrones is the show for you. Full of great actors with whom the audience can’t help but form an emotional attachment to. The attention to fine details creates a sense of authenticity of how the people in the kingdom live. A major point to consider when watching is that no one is ever safe. It never turns out the way the audience anticipates, the future can never be predicted. It will leaving you with a cliffhanger ending. Expand
  36. Jun 16, 2015
    Have never read George Martin's book previous to viewing this, I was unsure what to expect from Game of Thrones. Thankfully, the opening series not only did not disappoint, it made thrilling viewing.
    Here we have a gigantic chronicle of numerous events from the fictional but brilliant creation of the land of Westeros, and the key parts of the story involve political intrigue, alliegances, treachery, fighting, murder...lots of it. The opening scenes of the first episode are set in a dark and eerie forest, where three young rangers soon fall victim to a mysterious and terrifying enemy. It's brilliantly filmed and acted and oozes atmosphere, and from then on I knew I was watching something special.
    The many characters of the show all have large parts to play in the story and all have their own intrigue. Just who are the good and bad eggs? It's not always easy to tell. The acting is, for the most part superb and we are treated to seeing the likes of Charles Dance, Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage at their very best, among others.
    The story starts slowly and gradually builds to a thrilling climax. This means that some of the earlier episodes in the series are not quite as interesting as some of the later ones, but as any game of thrones fan will know - this is part of the charm of it all. Each episode is better than the previous one. If you stick with it until the end, you'll be in for a treat.
  37. Jun 7, 2015
    This is a tremendous show. Definitely on my fav list along with True Detective, Walking Dead, Br.Ba, House of Cards and FRIENDS. The book fanboys must be the ones who gave negative rating. Can't blame them. But to bring to screen an epic saga of 7 books, its not that easy. In order to stick with the time frame of 10 hrs per season is difficult. In doing so, the directors(kudos to them) hasThis is a tremendous show. Definitely on my fav list along with True Detective, Walking Dead, Br.Ba, House of Cards and FRIENDS. The book fanboys must be the ones who gave negative rating. Can't blame them. But to bring to screen an epic saga of 7 books, its not that easy. In order to stick with the time frame of 10 hrs per season is difficult. In doing so, the directors(kudos to them) has made lot of changes , i believe in the 5th season(the most). There have been some mellow episodes but the season always ends on a high not, making you forget those low notes. A true epic series in all sense. 10/10 Expand
  38. Jun 7, 2015
    This is probably one of the best shows i have ever seen. Everything from the cinematography to the acting is amazing. This show is one of a kind and is not afraid to go places no show has ever gone 10/10
  39. May 29, 2015
    Why do i hate HBO Game of Thrones TV series? Because George Martin forgot to write books wchich was so much better than the TV show. And the show is so flawed because its filled witch pointless sex scenes (who the hell was this Rose bi*ch and why was he in the show in the first place? Oberyn gay scenes? WTF?). Also it has this theatricall feeling to it and this is very anti-climatic, someWhy do i hate HBO Game of Thrones TV series? Because George Martin forgot to write books wchich was so much better than the TV show. And the show is so flawed because its filled witch pointless sex scenes (who the hell was this Rose bi*ch and why was he in the show in the first place? Oberyn gay scenes? WTF?). Also it has this theatricall feeling to it and this is very anti-climatic, some of the scenes to look good would require much bigger budget (like The Lord of the Rings trilogy).
    That being said the plot is top notch and part of the cast is really great (All of Lannisters especially Tyrion also Khal Drogo, Dayneris, Varys, Starks in general, Hound, Roos Bolton, Stannis and probably some more).
    For all of You who dont read Martin books this is 10/10 and a must see. For me its 7/10.
  40. May 27, 2015
    The best fantasy adaptation in tv or film since the lord of the rings, this series sets extremely high stakes for all those invested in its plethora of characters. The season as a whole feels like a set up for seasons to come.
  41. May 22, 2015
    This is an amazing show with lots of character development, story development, action, drama, suspense, drama, romance and fantasy. There are a colorful cast of characters in this series. Meshes well between medieval type of setting with some modern style themes (such as language). There is some nudity and sexual scenes but not that much. Can be gruesome in terms of its content but its aThis is an amazing show with lots of character development, story development, action, drama, suspense, drama, romance and fantasy. There are a colorful cast of characters in this series. Meshes well between medieval type of setting with some modern style themes (such as language). There is some nudity and sexual scenes but not that much. Can be gruesome in terms of its content but its a premium show so it is no surprise. Highly recommended for those who love action, drama, suspense and fantasy settings. Expand
  42. May 14, 2015
    + Fantastic story.
    + Great actors.
    + Interesting characters.
    + Intense action.
    + No filler episodes.
    + Different locations.
    + You never know what will happen next.
    + Good looking special effects and CGI.

Bad things...well...hmm...10/10, I guess.
  43. Apr 27, 2015
    While I am not a fan of excessive violence, I find this show very compelling. The writing is impeccable and the cast is very well suited for their roles. The casting director has done an amazing job!! George R. R. Martin is an extremely talented writer who knows how to interest those, like me, who are turned away by a lot of violence. Such an amazing show!!!
  44. Apr 27, 2015
    The series starts with slowly, with a well-paced introduction and great character development. Sean Bean's performance as Eddard Stark is a really achievement in TV, and the two final episodes are truly intense.
  45. Apr 21, 2015
    Game of thrones has such an entertaining story that captures you until the end of each episode. It is well directed and everything about it looks fine. The only issue with the TV-series is about some average special effects in the first and the second season.
  46. Apr 13, 2015
    Very good show. Expected to see a bit more in the season 5 episode 1 but, more is to come. Havent read the books, so im asnounished that i just love this show. Defintly the best show.
  47. Mar 30, 2015
    Game of Thrones is full of complex yet immersive storytelling, relatable characters, solid writing, and fine acting. Season one is definitely worth your time.
  48. Feb 8, 2015
    There's no satisfying this habit. GOT is elite, you'll find yourself staring at a wall waiting for the next 8 months to pass for the next season to finally air. In lieu of wall-staring, I've been reading them now..
  49. Feb 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Playing with a Shrinking Deck

Don't get too attached to any character. Inevitably, abruptly, and mercilessly they will be mangled, quartered, crucified, maimed, dismembered, have their throats slit open, or their heads sliced off. The winning combination of brutality and flesh is enough to give Saint Francis a psychotic hard-on. The fourth season should prove to be more merciful since there are barely enough Starks left to butcher and behead. Although the dim twin and the imp's wife may be expendable enough for the show's reliable surge of gore and pathos.

Set in hybrid post-apocalyptic/medieval realm, and armed with a sword and a club to sever and crush any vital signs of humanity, unpredictability is the Thrones' greatest weapon, but one which may ultimately turn against itself. After three stormy seasons, there is little left to ravage and plunder, it's too late to inseminate or introduce any newborn characters, and it will be forced to preserve the surviving tenants. Or, to coin a more familiar cliché, the baby's drying up, and there's very little bathwater to throw out. Furtherless, I can't imagine there are many horrors left to shock us with.

So what's next? I haven't introduced myself to the literature or the Cliff notes, but it's fairly certain now that the bastard Stark and his half-sis li'l Xena will carry on to exact vengeance. And if the Game can no longer run rampant or rip completely rogue, it will need to go comprehensively metaphysical on us. Perhaps Father Stark will return as an ice-zombie who freezes the wings off dragons.
  50. Feb 3, 2015
    A phenomenal start to this series. They have adapted the book to screen amazingly so that it's unpredictable for both people who have read the book and people who haven't. Characters are all fascinating to watch and they really really develop them! Acting is brilliant and set/costume design along with special effects and mind blowing for tv. 10/10.
  51. Jan 20, 2015
    Any critic that rated this season lower than 8.5 should probably be fired. Honestly, its one of the best tv series of all time. And this season was a great season to open a such great story.
  52. Jan 14, 2015
    "Game of Thrones" is a show where you can see where the budget goes. Great cast, locations and production value are one thing, but great stories and fascinating characters make "Game of Thrones" the best show on TV.
  53. Jan 7, 2015
    Game of Thrones is, probably the best show on television. Unfortunately the series always go further from the plot of book, but that don't prevent from waiting new series with big desire!
  54. Jan 4, 2015
    Best tv show to date, 'nuff said ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. sorry needed extra characters.
  55. Jan 2, 2015
    It's damn good, gets better and better with each new season, and is a great way to pass time on a winters night. Lots of twists and turns with unexpected events, humor, sex and violence and some, but not too much, fantasy stuff. I'm giving it a 10 because I like it and I'm generous with shows I like and merciless with shows I hate.
  56. Dec 16, 2014
    In my country there is the story that has identical story pattern. It called as "Cerita Pewayangan". When I watched this movie it's little bit makes me remember to that story -Cerita Pewayangan-. it has complex story which is the stories so impossible if they have been made by one person. So was game of throne, either. The storyline, character, acting style, the causality, and the takeIn my country there is the story that has identical story pattern. It called as "Cerita Pewayangan". When I watched this movie it's little bit makes me remember to that story -Cerita Pewayangan-. it has complex story which is the stories so impossible if they have been made by one person. So was game of throne, either. The storyline, character, acting style, the causality, and the take camera angle all it's great and perfect. There was no defected at all. Expand
  57. Dec 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This season was a pretty good season of game of thrones, seeing it is the first I feel as it needed a good start, while it can be slow in places the final 3 episodes were definitely the highlight. I did however love the 5th episode with a fight scene I will remember shot so well it made me feel so happy as the fight was not only shot well, I believe it's on of the best fight scenes that I've seen from any television programme in about 3 years, as nowawdays shows like the terrible walking dead franchise don't give a **** about their storytelling and just try to make you feel sad when you cannot feel sad, eg: killing off characters in series 5 that were terribly written and feeling no sadness when they died... This actually focuses on the characters and it is more heartbreaking when they get killed off.. unlike the walking deads terrible unimaginative storyline.. if you were to compare this to twds season 1.. it's not as good, but I hear season 2 is just as good as season 1 of twd.. anyway.. beside the rant I went on about twd.. as everyone compares them... it was a damn good season... not the best of television but certainly not the worst. Expand
  58. Dec 1, 2014
    If I could give it an 11, I would in a heartbeat. The books are, of course, the best way to get into the world of Ice and Fire, but HBO has done a STELLAR job with the show and I continue to enjoy it more and more with every season.
  59. Nov 23, 2014
    I love this TV show for its boldness of killing off a character at any moment. And it draws me in to watch another episode because I want to ind out how the rest of the Starks are doing. Not to well I reckon. But what makes this TV show really interesting is the politics. Yes, for once in my life I find politics interesting. Well, fictional politics. But while everyone in the South areI love this TV show for its boldness of killing off a character at any moment. And it draws me in to watch another episode because I want to ind out how the rest of the Starks are doing. Not to well I reckon. But what makes this TV show really interesting is the politics. Yes, for once in my life I find politics interesting. Well, fictional politics. But while everyone in the South are having political discussions, a threat in the North is awakening. I can't wait for Season 5 Expand
  60. Nov 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Seriously. **** you, Game of Thrones! I hate this show so much right now! But I also love it! I only hate it because of S1E9. Why did you that? Ned Stark was awesome! I did not watch further and I am nearly at the end of this episode but as far as I can tell: this TV show is ****ing awesome! I love it! Expand
  61. Nov 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I rarely have time for tv shows, this was one of the best of all time. The characters are all intresting, well-layered. People keep dying in this show but you can see why especially in a world that does not promote goodness but everything is grey. Sure there are evil pricks such as Joffrey and Snow but they're fun to watch even as the viewer wants them to die horribly(and one of them does...wheeeee!). I have never read the books so please dont spoil me anything. Expand
  62. Oct 23, 2014
    One of the best shows on TV, watch noe. Keep in mind this show is very mature in it's content and is not for everyone but is well worth watching. Geat show, watch now.
  63. Oct 14, 2014
    With too many stories going around you do sometimes forgot who was who, specially their name, but every character is so witty and cunning becoming more interesting as the show proceeds. This is one show which I never want to see ending.
  64. Oct 2, 2014
    Очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень, очень и еще раз ОЧЕНЬ стоящий сериал!
  65. Sep 23, 2014
    NEEDLESS injection of PORN

5% of series 1 must be fast forward to avoid scandalizing with filth.

The title music is as entrancing as a similarly popular MTV title.
  66. Sep 19, 2014
    As a non-genre fan, I had doubts about this show going in despite its good reviews. However, it turned out to be just as enjoyable for someone like me. Great storytelling, excellent writing full of wit and humor, and exceptional acting are really what made the show work for me. While special effects were a bit underwhelming, it is understandable considering that this show has much lessAs a non-genre fan, I had doubts about this show going in despite its good reviews. However, it turned out to be just as enjoyable for someone like me. Great storytelling, excellent writing full of wit and humor, and exceptional acting are really what made the show work for me. While special effects were a bit underwhelming, it is understandable considering that this show has much less budget than a big feature film. Expand
  67. Sep 6, 2014
    It is very difficult for me to rate Game of Thrones. On one hand I support it with much gusto as it is the first fantasy show a network has put proper money into. As well as the first to maintain a serious following from millions around the world. It is a stepping stone for fantasy books to be made into well funded television shows and THAT is the best part about it, in my opinion.

The

The locales are beautiful, the writing and acting well done, the costumes are truly amazing, and it follows the books better than almost any television rendering I can recall. All great aspects to any show. However, George R.R. Martin's style of writing (in which he tells a story about a realm, not intending audiences to be focused on characters), leaves us 3 seasons/5 books in and still doing character development! Whilst killing the majority of characters that interest his audience, and frankly leaving himself without much to work with.

Game of Thrones is certainly worth a watch, and quite possibly the best television fantasy show made to date (certainly the best production value). However I continue to watch it solely for that reason, and as I watch it I consistently find myself thinking that there are so many better fantasy novels that could be adapted for television, when will the networks hop on some of them! As an avid fantasy reader I can only hope that HBO and other networks like it will continue to put the same funding and gumption into future fantasy series. I just hope they find authors such as Brent Weeks, Scott Lynch, and Patrick Rothfuss; who focus their stories on rich/deep/complex characters, unique magic systems, and equally awe inspiring worlds. Rather than solely a "realm", a soap opera-esque focus on drama between characters, the majority of whom are only tied together by a desire for the same throne.
  68. Sep 1, 2014
    Easily the best tv series ever made! deep characters nice story and sometimes thrilling actions! you may not miss out on this series! go and watch now!
  69. Aug 28, 2014
    The first season of Game of Thrones works as a prologue to what's coming in the following seasons and will most likely become one of the best shows on tv, thanks to great performances from its massive cast to great writing filled of twists and shocks and remarkable characters to pure violence and gore in well-performed action pieces.
  70. Aug 19, 2014
  71. Aug 12, 2014
    I hardly ever follow TV-series, when I do I hardly ever like them, and there's only one series that I have been breathlessly: Game of Thrones.
    Nothing is predictable, the storyiline is catching, characters are well played and twists are not missing. This is just one of the best series ever made.
  72. Aug 5, 2014
    What prevents me to give a 10 to the show is the excess large number of scenes of sex (often useless for the story)... But, for the rest, I couldn't imagine a better scenario for a TV show ! It is almost the same wealth of culture, the same ethnic diversity and the same variety of places that in the Lord of the Rings.
    I thought the personality of most characters is really interesting and
    I thought the personality of most characters is really interesting and makes a nice change from usual stories : it's rare to become attached to a character like Tyrion, in spite of his vices, his defects. The diversity of universes is managed well, and I think we didn't see a world of such of wealth for many years...
    In brief, a little gem !!
  73. Jul 14, 2014
    A great season of Television. You never now what is going to happen. This is how you make politics interesting. The acting and writing is the best currently on Television(Since Breaking bad is over)
  74. Jul 10, 2014
    Hablaban muy bien de esta serie y la empecé a seguir en 2011. Hoy en día la sigo viendo y no me arrepiento. Buenos actores, tramas algo enrevesadas pero adictivas con el paso del tiempo, buenos efectos, decorados, etc.
    La primera temporada fue genial, al principio era un poco lenta pero tiene buenos momentos, sobretodo en los últimos cinco capítulos.
    Si alguien aun no la ha visto se la
    Si alguien aun no la ha visto se la recomiendo. Y por supuesto, el mejor personaje es Tyrion :)
  75. Jul 1, 2014
    Pure perfection, best TV show ever. Highlights from the show:

Dothraki wedding
    Khal Drogo kills Mago
    Daenerys' dragons as she comes out of the funeral pyre
    Tyrion's trial by combat
  76. Jun 28, 2014
    the settings are awesome, the dresses, the castles, really something else. i definitely have my favorite characters and some that i hate and it has to be this way in a good show. BUT the show has too much sex scenes for me. i don't want to see porn scenes, i want so see a deep story with surprises and drama. and you definitely get to see that - but you have to take the naked women too.
  77. Jun 27, 2014
    Game of Thrones is the new series that i'm rooting for! excellent acting, character and dialog is some of the best I have seen, period! Great action scenes, sets and trilling environments that may be over used in recent years however, this time around it stand out! Season 2 here I come.
  78. Jun 26, 2014
  79. Jun 23, 2014
    It started out annoying and packed with uncomfortable sex scenes and cruelty to women that I was disgusted by men for days after watching. I was soon able to overcome it and it became my favorite show of all time mostly due to Daenerys.
  80. Jun 22, 2014
    Absolute amazing, every scene completely dazzled me, truly amazing, masterfully filmed.

To anybody skeptical about watching Game Of Thrones, put aside your worries, turn of your neglect and just watch.

Or u could read the books
  81. Jun 16, 2014
    Other than the seemingly consistent attempt to shove homosexuality down our throats, this show is utterly spectacular. Now we have the long and arduous task of waiting for the next season.
  82. Jun 14, 2014
    Ótima série. Khaleesi a.k.a. Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, Arya Stark rainhas; Cersei Lannister, Joffrey Baratheon, Viserys Targaryen e Sansa Stark nadinha.
  83. Jun 8, 2014
    Up until about two years ago, Game of Thrones was just another "hit TV series" that people began to rave about. I'm not one to get into TV series's just because I eventually begin to miss episodes, fall behind, and then don't find the time to get caught up. One day, roughly two years ago, a few of my guy friends were sitting around watching past episodes on demand and I decided to sit inUp until about two years ago, Game of Thrones was just another "hit TV series" that people began to rave about. I'm not one to get into TV series's just because I eventually begin to miss episodes, fall behind, and then don't find the time to get caught up. One day, roughly two years ago, a few of my guy friends were sitting around watching past episodes on demand and I decided to sit in and watch it with them just because I had been hearing a lot about the show. As soon as the episode was over, I was immediately hooked! For the next couple weeks I sat and watched episode after episode, sometimes for 5 hours straight, just to get caught up on the seasons…it was THAT good.

What kept my interest from the get go was all the cliff hangers after each episode. Every time an episode ends, I'm instantly anxious for the next week. Even to this day, I watch the show religiously every Sunday during a new season. Although I have never read the books, I have found that a major disappoint between the books and the shows is that things are beginning to not reflect as accurately. I believe this is due in part to viewer ratings. As viewers, we grow attached to certain characters, and for the purpose of better ratings, certain scenarios or characters get drug along a bit more than they would in the books.

It can be a very difficult show to follow just because of all the different characters and families. Trying to keep track of who is allies/enemies with who, is sometimes merely impossible. However, it's enjoyable to keep up with all the royal families and individual characters as well as anticipate what might be building up to unfold into the next big alliance or rivalry. I would highly recommend this show to anybody looking for some twisted entertainment.
  84. May 13, 2014
    Great performances throughout. I cannot fault this epic drama. Tyrion Lannister, keep doing what you do as I am always anticipating a mega performance from your character! Stannis I love you and I love the way you give those side looks, you need no voice to comment after those looks they say it all!!
    This show leaves me bewildered at times and sometimes shocked as today human beings are not really that different. By this I mean the cloak and dagger attitudes and the spying. I have to watch one episode about three times in the evening to work out how the following day will be!!!!
    Ok lets be clear this is a fantasy drama but sometimes you can see the same characters in the work place for example! I know I have (giggling). Or am I too fanatical about GOT???
  85. May 7, 2014
    Season One of Game of Thrones plays out much like a thriller mystery. The story is tense and involving and the actors almost unanimously do a great job. However, the constant jumps to different settings can suck you out of the story that you are engaged in. That is understandable though, due to the fact that the show has to cover a wide array of characters from the book. For the most partSeason One of Game of Thrones plays out much like a thriller mystery. The story is tense and involving and the actors almost unanimously do a great job. However, the constant jumps to different settings can suck you out of the story that you are engaged in. That is understandable though, due to the fact that the show has to cover a wide array of characters from the book. For the most part the characters are enjoyable, whether we are meant to like them or not. A complement can be given to the writing of the characters, they're not extremely one dimensional, and they all light and dark streaks to them. That being said, there is one character that I personally feel brought down the show as a whole. Emilia Clarke's character Daenarys Targaryen. I found her character to be spoiled and unlikable, but not in an entertaining way like Jack Gleeson pulled off with Joffrey. I found her acting impassive and boring. In my opinion, the Dothraki subplot was the weakest part of the show, and I found myself rolling my eyes whenever the scene transitioned to a desert climate. Its fine to have evil characters like Joffrey that we are meant to hate, but when you have evil characters that we're supposed to like (Khal Drogo), I find myself not jumping on the bandwagon. Whatever, if you like abs or are a teenage girl you might enjoy the Dothraki bits. That being said, I love the other parts of the show. The Night's Watch and the political turmoil between the Lannisters and the Starks are all great. The first season is a strong and solid beginning to a show that is sure to improve as time goes on. Expand
  86. Apr 30, 2014
    One of the best medieval, fantasy stories I have experienced since Lord of the Rings. It's compelling world is filled with interesting and well-acted characters. The plot-lines here are fantastic and sets up season 2 for what looks like some big battles up ahead. This is a show that isn't afraid to shock you. It will kill off big characters to help further the plot in believable ways.One of the best medieval, fantasy stories I have experienced since Lord of the Rings. It's compelling world is filled with interesting and well-acted characters. The plot-lines here are fantastic and sets up season 2 for what looks like some big battles up ahead. This is a show that isn't afraid to shock you. It will kill off big characters to help further the plot in believable ways. Honestly it's one of the best shows that HBO has ever aired. Well, at least this first season is.

The only real complaint I have here is the excessive amount of nudity. Now I know HBO shows are known for their gratuitous nudity, and often that is one of the biggest appeals of their shows, but here the majority of it just feels out of place. Now I like naked women as much as the next guy, but often it can come across as an immature move for a show that prides itself on it's mature story and world. Nudity has worked for shows like Starz's Spartacus series, but here it often doesn't.

Overall though that complaint means nothing when faced with the epic story-lines and backstabbing characters that are so entertaining to watch unfold. It's an absolutely riveting first season, and season 2 looks like it has the promise to top it. I give season 1 a near-perfect score of 9.9/10.
  87. Apr 30, 2014
    Very good, it is about Power and Power, nothing else. It might shows the human being truly nature as zoon politikon. It seems that they try to portray the post-modern human being as their origins.
  88. Apr 27, 2014
    This happens to be one of the best shows currently on television. The only reason I am giving this show an 8/10 as opposed to a perfect 10 is because of the fact that i'm a huge fan of the books. As 99% percent of book to big screen adaptations, there are many details or events changed to make the show more practical and appealing to the general public. As someone who enjoyed every wordThis happens to be one of the best shows currently on television. The only reason I am giving this show an 8/10 as opposed to a perfect 10 is because of the fact that i'm a huge fan of the books. As 99% percent of book to big screen adaptations, there are many details or events changed to make the show more practical and appealing to the general public. As someone who enjoyed every word read in George R. R. Martin's novels, it pained me to see changes in many of the scenes in the show (if the Red Wedding made you reach a new level of animosity for the Lanisters, reading the book's version will make you hate the producers even more for not making it as awesome as it should have been!).

Don't get me wrong, it's a great show. I'm just a lil disappointed that it's not a closer adaptation of the books.
  89. Apr 17, 2014
    This is the best thing on TV at the moment. It's not flawless, but I gave it a 10 because it is an absolute masterpiece. The cast is consistently excellent, working in harmony with the sharp writing. The action is definitely movie-level, but not too frequent to become boring. Everything aspect of this show is at the top of its game, and more. Game of Thrones is not just TV, it is anThis is the best thing on TV at the moment. It's not flawless, but I gave it a 10 because it is an absolute masterpiece. The cast is consistently excellent, working in harmony with the sharp writing. The action is definitely movie-level, but not too frequent to become boring. Everything aspect of this show is at the top of its game, and more. Game of Thrones is not just TV, it is an experience, and one work experiencing. I would recommend this to lovers of fantasy or just those who want a good tale. Expand
  90. Apr 13, 2014
    Game of Trones is the best series ever. I just cannot think of any other to compare with. Wonderful. I recently started to read the books and I started to love them at once. I think they have been making a beautiful film out of a beautiful book. Looking forward to new pieces!
  91. Apr 11, 2014
    Every Game of Thrones' chapter is about an hour long. The pilot, therefore, is a little bit overlong and it is hard to get used to the setting and characters and infinite subplots of the series. But once you do, oh boy, you are in.
    Game of Thrones is a commitment, and Season 1 establishes, from the pilot's ending to the last chapter's final breath, a continuous joyful sprout of explicit nudity, blood-squirting violence and sassy Shakespearian dialogue. The amazing production values make the world of Westeros so immersive, and the performances are, for the most part, really good (Some are uneven). It is a first season in all its glory, with lots of character introduction, but halfway in you will find exciting cliffhangers and some shocking moments that really makes this series a hell of a ride.
  92. Mar 30, 2014
    IMPORTANT: To get the full 'Game of Thrones'-experience you need to get through season 1 - you have to invest time in to it but I can promise you it'll give it back to you x100.000.000!

As much as I love and adore Game of Thrones - pretty much every aspect of it - I've got to admit that for most people season 1 can get pretty heavy. This is simply because the plot of GoT is so huge and elaborate that you need to spend ages getting in to it.

Season 1: introduction season - can get boring at some points with a lot of dialogue and 'explaining'. You need to get through this - no shortcuts.
    Season 2: beginning to get badass. This is the season where things begin to light up and you'll see the potential of the series.
    Season 3: PURE **** AMAZING, MINDBLOWING, BADASS AWESOMENESS! All the hours spent understanding the relations, houses and lands lead up to this. If you're not hooked after s3e10 this is not for you.
  93. Mar 29, 2014
    One of the best tv series ever produced. Based on amazing material (books). Excellent dialogues, characters, settings, clothes, music....I can go on... Not to be overlooked!!!An absolute must.
  94. Mar 23, 2014
    I'm so excited the big anticipated wait for season four of Game of Thrones is near. One thing I don't like about this show is it seems the good die young and the show is full of villains. That's why I cant until the blonde beauty 'Calisi (mother of dragons) comes to kicks azz (I HOPE) and knock a few off their high horses!!
  95. Mar 20, 2014
    I don't give this a 10 lightly: this is bar-none the best TV series I have ever seen in my life. So much so that I actually buy multiple DVDs to gift to family members just to support it. The atmosphere, the complex character relationships, and the sheer magnitude of the story just make this something to sink into. I haven't been able to "feel like I'm part of the universe" when watchingI don't give this a 10 lightly: this is bar-none the best TV series I have ever seen in my life. So much so that I actually buy multiple DVDs to gift to family members just to support it. The atmosphere, the complex character relationships, and the sheer magnitude of the story just make this something to sink into. I haven't been able to "feel like I'm part of the universe" when watching media since I was a teenager. This is one show that lets me do that. I turn off all external sensory items and just get absorbed into the piece, enjoying every minute. There's only two flaws so far: they couldn't dye the eyebrows blonde (you get used to it), and the first few episodes are very heavy for people who cannot handle far-arching stories and characters. This is the only show where when someone is in danger (and sometimes not even in danger) I feel the threat and cannot just assume everything will work out alright (looking at you serial shows where the main characters survive everything several seasons in). I sure hope media in general learns from GoT and this is not the only piece of such great caliber in my lifetime. Expand
  96. Mar 17, 2014
    This is the best television programme ever created. The acting is the best in the business. There are a lot of characters in this, and it should be difficult to flesh out each person and give them depth, but they have no problem with that here. Each episode leaves you wanting more, and each episode has you at the edge of your seat. Expect the unexpected. The writing is the best I've everThis is the best television programme ever created. The acting is the best in the business. There are a lot of characters in this, and it should be difficult to flesh out each person and give them depth, but they have no problem with that here. Each episode leaves you wanting more, and each episode has you at the edge of your seat. Expect the unexpected. The writing is the best I've ever seen. This is television at it's finest. Expand
  97. Mar 11, 2014
    The best piece of literature or entertainment ever created. One of the most impressive productions ever and is worth every second of your time. Not to be a fan boy but nothing else touches this show in character, story or presentation. All perfected to the smallest detail
  98. Mar 11, 2014
    Esta primera temporada de Game of Thrones fue brillante, la lucha de las familias por el control del trono de hierro no es solo eso, es sobre la historia de rodea a varios personajes y la situacion que deben enfrentar en un mundo plagado por la traicion y la corrupcion.
  99. Mar 4, 2014
    I have to say that the series are simply the best series I have watched in my entire life. I really like how they include a lot of characters, and have many main characters. This makes the series very exiting. I have not personally read the books, but I've begun, and as far as I can tell, I like them a lot. With a wide range of great actors, and an amazing story, the series get you reallyI have to say that the series are simply the best series I have watched in my entire life. I really like how they include a lot of characters, and have many main characters. This makes the series very exiting. I have not personally read the books, but I've begun, and as far as I can tell, I like them a lot. With a wide range of great actors, and an amazing story, the series get you really hooked and addicted to watching. It contains a lot of sex, so to be honest, the series are not for people who easily get offended and feel harassed by the scenes. A lot of people I know say that the "Game of Thrones" series in a nutshell, is basically: sex, dragons and violence. This I do not personally agree with, as it also contains an awesome story, great actors, and the fact that it's easy to get addicted. I would recommend this series to people who are mature enough, and who also have watched The Hobbit movies, Lord of the rings, Atlantis, Harry Potter and other fantasy movies/series. Expand
  100. Feb 14, 2014
    Really, really, really good. More of a 9.5, but hell, this show is so well built and interesting the difference is insignificant. Try an episode or two, very much worth a shot.

1. Reviewed by: Hal Boedeker
    Apr 25, 2011
    The epic fantasy series is lavish, violent and often quite nasty. Most crucially, this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" book series is unnecessarily difficult to follow.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Apr 18, 2011
    The gloriously bloody and depraved spirit of the novels is intact and even enhanced.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 18, 2011
    A grand soap opera of epic proportions, Game of Thrones can be a bit talky in some episodes, but the series draws a viewer in with well-defined characters and a multitude of simultaneous stories whose plot turns are generally unpredictable.