Game of Thrones : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9.2

1. Jun 18, 2015
    If you’re looking for a show that is action packed, and full of suspense then Game of Thrones is the show for you. Full of great actors with whom the audience can’t help but form an emotional attachment to. The attention to fine details creates a sense of authenticity of how the people in the kingdom live. A major point to consider when watching is that no one is ever safe. It never turnsIf you’re looking for a show that is action packed, and full of suspense then Game of Thrones is the show for you. Full of great actors with whom the audience can’t help but form an emotional attachment to. The attention to fine details creates a sense of authenticity of how the people in the kingdom live. A major point to consider when watching is that no one is ever safe. It never turns out the way the audience anticipates, the future can never be predicted. It will leaving you with a cliffhanger ending. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2015
    Amazing serie! Drama, Action, Adventure, Dragons and WHITE WALKERS!!!!!... Havent read the books but this is a show worth seeing over and over again!!
  3. Jul 25, 2015
    Game of Thrones is full of complex yet immersive storytelling, honest characters, solid writing, and fine acting. Season one is definitely worth your time.
  4. Aug 21, 2015
    Great storyline. But the greatest draw is the production value of this series. The cost per episodes is approximately $5 million. Elaborate sets and characters are staged in beautiful locations around the word. This is the first series to produce each episode like a large-budget blockbuster film.
  5. Oct 3, 2015
    The beginning of what's bound to go down as the greatest TV show in the history of television shows! This show is televisions closest equivalent to a movie. The quality is more amazing than most movies, not just tv shows.
  6. Oct 25, 2015
    Now this series is an amazing one compared to the challenge. The books (which i have read) are incredibly complex, and for some very difficult to follow due to the sheer amount of characters and detail to every single thing in the world of GoT. There are at least forty different houses, with so many characters. Some of these are of course not detailed as they might not have any relevanceNow this series is an amazing one compared to the challenge. The books (which i have read) are incredibly complex, and for some very difficult to follow due to the sheer amount of characters and detail to every single thing in the world of GoT. There are at least forty different houses, with so many characters. Some of these are of course not detailed as they might not have any relevance to the story as of yet. So everyone saying that this series does a horrible job of making the characters "real" and detailing every single character in the book, after just watching the first episode. Sod off. It is nearly impossible to have that kind of content in a series while still having at least an average amount of storyline. And of course some of the characters might not be perfect for the character they are acting. But that's unavoidable. One cannot simply create an actor so that they look exactly as they were described in the book. And with such an incredibly large cast i'm surprised that they managed to do so well. I have also seen some people complain about the violence applied to women, (feminists no doubt) which indeed has a rather large amount of focus, but then again so has the book. George. R.R, Martin is in charge of making the series as close as possible to the series. And to a certain extent i agree that the nudity is displayed a bit too often, but it doesn't ruin an amazing series

Pros:
    Acting
    Costumes
    Settings (cities, landscapes and so on)
    Similarity to the books

Cons:
    A little bit of overkill on the nudity part
    A little slow to begin with
  7. Nov 24, 2015
    After hearing about it for years and never reading the books, I gave it a try. And from the first episode I was completely immersed. Game of Thrones Season 1 is a fantastic opening season of a massive, complex fantasy world. The writing and characters are absolutely incredible and the way the plot is set up is excellent, with diverting and interconnected plots. The themes are mature andAfter hearing about it for years and never reading the books, I gave it a try. And from the first episode I was completely immersed. Game of Thrones Season 1 is a fantastic opening season of a massive, complex fantasy world. The writing and characters are absolutely incredible and the way the plot is set up is excellent, with diverting and interconnected plots. The themes are mature and serious, and after a while you gain an emotional attachment to the characters. There is lots of diversity in the subplots and the world and aesthetics used are rich and detailed. Expand
  8. Jan 12, 2016
    The cinematography and the actors are great. Though this is not a series you watch on the side you really have to pay attention as the series is full of happenings. The show looked incredible and the cliffhangers tricks you to binge watch a whole season.
  9. Jan 14, 2016
    Lots of good acting, a good script and enough intrigue to keep me wanting to see what happens next. I enjoyed some of the twists and turns in the series and found that all the characters are given enough screen time to give them impact, especially the villains, and that is a good thing. There is a lot of depth to most characters and I find myself cheering for certain ones throughout theLots of good acting, a good script and enough intrigue to keep me wanting to see what happens next. I enjoyed some of the twists and turns in the series and found that all the characters are given enough screen time to give them impact, especially the villains, and that is a good thing. There is a lot of depth to most characters and I find myself cheering for certain ones throughout the series. My personal favorite is the dwarf so I am hoping he kills everyone else and takes the throne by the end... alas, I know better... popular TV series are discouraged from creating a definitive ending so it is likely that the series will never end properly.

There are a few issues with this show. First, the amount of tragedy is almost comical. Its almost like a bad zombie apocalypse movie and at some point I just started laughing because it became silly. Another problem is that they are dragging their feet. Some of the side stories were completely uninteresting and just filled up time for no reason while some of the main plot lines barely develop at all during full seasons. It reminds me a lot of comic book fillers. Other than that, its a good show. Go dwarf!
  10. Jan 17, 2016
    Here's My All Passing Time, the best TV Program, I can say this is favorite of all time, continue that way Mr. Martin!
    Can't wait for Winds Of Winter!
  11. Jan 21, 2016
    - shocking death scenes,
    - perfect Characters

-(negative):
    - 4 - 7 episodes until you're "inside" Westeros

"The first season of Game of Thrones is awesome! It sets different storylines and they're all near the level of a masterpiece..."

GENRE RATING: 9.8
    OVERALL RATING: 9.4

9.4 = 9.0
  12. Jan 30, 2016
    Immediately hooked! Absolutely loved it. And couldn't wait to start the next season. Many different characters and everyone of them more intriguing than the one before. Lots of twists & turns. You will not be bored at all.
  13. Jan 30, 2016
    Game of Thrones starts and ends on a great cliffhanger, what is amazing on how entertaining each episode gets in other words once you're hook you'll never want it to end. Overall, season 1 of Game of thrones is fantastic.
  14. Mar 17, 2016
    I came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting olderI came to Game of Thrones totally Unsullied (the official term for those viewers who had not read the books before watching the show). Several friends and family members recommended it to me, a few of which I had not thought would EVER enjoy a story with a "fantasy" setting. So I decided to sit down and watch it, and it almost immediately became my go-to fictional series, supplanting older series' that I had enjoyed for years (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.)

The show is simply marvelous. From the very first episode, the world-building and characterizations are impressive, especially given the relatively meager budget the show had to work with in it's first go around. The pilot might be the single most impressive episode of the whole series, which doesn't usually happen. You have the Stark introductions, assassination, incest, executions, history and lore, and attempted child murder...and that's just the first episode!

Having now read all of the books, it is one of the most impressive feats of adaptation I have witnessed (again, compared to the likes of Harry Potter and LOTR franchises). The settings, the scenes that are selected for adaptation versus those jettisoned for the TV medium, and especially the cast are all amazing. Truly, the casting is one of the greatest strengths of this show, even into it's fifth season. Main cast actors are just about always spot-on, and many a character whose role is very small in both book and show is made memorable by the portrayal of the actor or actress. Just off the top of my head, characters who were not very prominent in either medium but who are instantly memorable from their depiction: Syrio Forel, Yoren, Alliser Thorne, Bronn, the list goes on.

And then we come to what Game of Thrones is known for: deaths of major characters. If I simply enjoyed the show before reaching the ninth episode, I was irrevocably hooked after it. Game of Thrones is unique in how it gets you invested in a character and then takes them away from you, but all the while giving you ample forshadowing (IF you pay attention,) and it never feels cheap or included simply for shock value. Ned Stark (and Sean Bean's pitch-perfect performance of him) is our first protagonist, and although we expect a last minute rescue as he stands ready to be executed, some part of us knew he was doomed as soon as he arrived in King's Landing.

Ned Stark and his fate is a great example of another strength of this series. With few exceptions, almost all of its characters are morally ambiguous or deeply flawed in some way. A man like Ned Stark, who readers/viewers immediately understood as an honorable, good man, had critical flaws that led to his downfall. And on the flip side, a duplicitous character like Littlefinger is also relatable because we know what his background is, and we know that his plan to back Joffrey and work behind the scenes was what Ned SHOULD have done! But Ned being Ned, that just wasn't going to fly. And so Littlefinger betrayed him, for what afterwards seems like obvious reasoning.

Truly the beginning of a remarkable series!
  15. Mar 24, 2016
    The most consistent season of all, mostly because it stayed the most faithful to the book. I didn't have the best visuals or the biggest budget compared to later seasons but at least the characters and their motivations/actions made sense.
  16. Apr 15, 2016
    I always tell everyone to just stick with it past the first episode. It's a lot of information to swallow when you dive into episode one but so incredibly worth around the 3rd or 4th episode. So much is constantly happening. A total binge worthy show that makes you feel like you're watching a movie each episode. Well done. Best show currently airing.
  17. Apr 17, 2016
    I loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think thatI loved the premiere episode. Some people seem to have issues with the pace and the jumps between scenes etc and I guess I can understand what they mean but when I watched it I didn't even notice a problem with things like that at all. I think it was a very good adaption of the books. The acting is good throughout and even excellent by many cast members even in smaller roles. I think that having read the books puts certain things, that some have taken issue with (like sex and racism), into a perspective where it's not the same problem since you know more about the whole world and how various characters think. Expand
  18. Apr 18, 2016
    Literally one of the best shows ever made, after "Breaking Bad."

It gets a 9, though, because of its current treatment of the source material, unnecessary and inaccurate rape, and the exclusion of favored characters from the books.

Those complaints aside, it still absolutely deserves a 9 for the acting, story, and drama. Even if you don't enjoy fantasy works, you'll probably enjoy this.
  19. Apr 19, 2016
    even though I think the books are 100% better, the show is really worth watching! Stading ovation to every single actor, they all deserve all of the awards! Can't wait for its return!
  20. Apr 21, 2016
    Game of Thrones is an American fantasy television series produced by the HBO cable network. It is based on the novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, written by George R.R. Martin who serves as a producer, creative consultant and scriptwriter on the television series. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss created the television series and serve as executive producers, showrunners and the main writers.
  21. May 5, 2016
    Game of thrones is a fantastic show with stunning visuals and lovable characters. It even has one of the best production value I have ever seen on a tv show and in movies
  22. May 26, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Took me a few episodes to get into, but once I got attached to the characters, they died. Which is great, because the less-favored characters develop into lovable, conniving favorites. If you do not like the show, don't let the door hit you on the way out ;) Expand
  23. Jun 5, 2016
    With a brilliant plot, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the show. I was reluctant to watch it at first because of the nudity and violence, but only after watching it did I realize that the show is much more than that. The story having variety of themes, plot twists and cliff hangers kept me at the tip of my seat. In simple words, it is a masterpiece.
  24. Jun 8, 2016
    The first season of the best show on television might be up there as one of the best first seasons of any TV show ever. Great world building, great plot lines, and amazing production values are all overshadowed by how incredible the characters are. This show is a must watch.
  25. Dec 8, 2016
    Game of Thrones: Season 1 is probably the best season of a TV series that I've ever seen. The characters are well written and acted, the setting is very realistic and gritty, and the action scenes are amazingly good when they do appear. Hopefully, when HBO are done with Game of Thrones, they can do a another TV series on George R.R Martin's prequel book series, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms.
  26. Mar 5, 2017
    Kitapların ardından, konuya giriş olarak mükemmel bir sezon olduğunu söylemeliyim. Neredeyse birebir kitaptan aktarılan bölümler ve iyi oyunluklarla birlikte ilk sezondan itibaren efsane olacağım diye bağırıyordu.
  27. Jun 5, 2017
    In the mythical continent of Westeros, several powerful families fight for control of the Seven Kingdoms. As conflict erupts in the kingdoms of men, an ancient enemy rises once again to threaten them all. Meanwhile, the last heirs of a recently usurped dynasty plot to take back their homeland from across the Narrow Sea.
  28. Jul 15, 2017
    By far the best thing on TV. So much going on and all of it is interesting. Ready for House Stark to come back together. Magical and mystical just the kind of show can't wait to see every week.
  29. Aug 2, 2017
    I have to confess, I really needed some time to get into "Game of Thrones". Everyone around me said how great this series is, so i`ve watched the first episode and thought afterwards: "Yeah, good, but what`s so great about it?" The characters felt a little cliche, the plot wasn`t that stunning and the end of the episode was very put-on. But after watching the next few episodes, I reallyI have to confess, I really needed some time to get into "Game of Thrones". Everyone around me said how great this series is, so i`ve watched the first episode and thought afterwards: "Yeah, good, but what`s so great about it?" The characters felt a little cliche, the plot wasn`t that stunning and the end of the episode was very put-on. But after watching the next few episodes, I really started caring about the characters, as well as hating many of them.
    In my opinion, the first season of "Game of Thrones" takes a bit too much time to really start, but everything asides from that is somehow fascinating and very addictive.
  30. Aug 12, 2017
    An extremely successful, fantasy fairy tale in a mediaeval partly gloomy setting with an exciting background story, contemporary political elements and interesting actors. Regie, picture, sound, costume and narrative are fantastic. The battles are terrific. Cgi was perfectly integrated. The best so far I've seen in series.

1. Reviewed by: Hal Boedeker
    Apr 25, 2011
    The epic fantasy series is lavish, violent and often quite nasty. Most crucially, this adaptation of George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" book series is unnecessarily difficult to follow.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Apr 18, 2011
    The gloriously bloody and depraved spirit of the novels is intact and even enhanced.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Apr 18, 2011
    A grand soap opera of epic proportions, Game of Thrones can be a bit talky in some episodes, but the series draws a viewer in with well-defined characters and a multitude of simultaneous stories whose plot turns are generally unpredictable.