Ghost Whisperer : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
8.3

1. JimC
    Oct 13, 2005
    Not only is it corny to take "Ghost Whisper" from "Horse Whisperer", but this show is flat and too canned.
  2. MaryW
    Oct 12, 2005
    Can't replace Joan and the Divine within with a medium-backed, depressing, melodramatic show.
  3. Sep 6, 2011
    GHOST WHISPERER is no paranormal thriller--for those who expect just that of it, don't watch it. Instead, they have fooled us with the title: it is a supernatural drama, but it tends to lean toward the dramatic side, as there is nothing even remotely spooky about it, and it is aggravatingly dull. For those who expect a supernatural drama...wow.
  4. Feb 18, 2013
    A matinée show for children and young adult. Boring, sentimental, predictable. The actors are all mediocre and their characters are very two dimensional. The stories are all the same. Overall a bad tv series with zero tension, drama, originality.
  5. RandyA
    Mar 1, 2010
    Seriously.... no, seriously. I really mean it... what is the difference between Lifetime Channel schlock and this show? The predictable, sloppy, sentimental plot and lines in this show are made for the 'woman of the house'. Her agreeable hubby and 13 year old son enjoy for 2 other reasons. And THAT is where I came up with a score of '2'. Of COURSE she can't act... Seriously.... no, seriously. I really mean it... what is the difference between Lifetime Channel schlock and this show? The predictable, sloppy, sentimental plot and lines in this show are made for the 'woman of the house'. Her agreeable hubby and 13 year old son enjoy for 2 other reasons. And THAT is where I came up with a score of '2'. Of COURSE she can't act... but who cares? Just Tivo and cut to all the parts she's flouncing around in that low cut nightie and all is well. Expand
  6. KevinL.
    Nov 16, 2007
    The premise of the series is quite interesting, with a great potential, however, the show does not carry that. The corny writing along with effects that aren't convincing, Ghost Whisperer could not maintain a consistent quality to its plot. The show itself is boring and cheesy but you'd have to watch out on a lucky day where the show could potentially get better. It has good The premise of the series is quite interesting, with a great potential, however, the show does not carry that. The corny writing along with effects that aren't convincing, Ghost Whisperer could not maintain a consistent quality to its plot. The show itself is boring and cheesy but you'd have to watch out on a lucky day where the show could potentially get better. It has good episodes but most of it isn't so great. Expand
  7. Diego
    Mar 13, 2009
    Its so bad that it's good. Hense the 2. Between Hewitt's horrendous acting and the subtext of hearing the direction asking the audience to "Cry! CRY DAMN IT!!!" everyone should watch this show once. But ONLY once.
  8. SLuker
    Oct 16, 2006
    Overly sentimental, pointless, mawkish, humourless, incredulous. Plotlines get more ridiculous the more the producers realise that theres only limited mileage in talking to dead people who need to find 'closure' to move to the 'other side'. Sub-plots are vacuous.
  9. APerson
    Mar 2, 2007
    First season was great, but the second season's wheels have fallen off. Real pity the show drifted away from the format that was good in the 1st season.
  10. KevR
    May 15, 2006
    Absolute tripe. You might wanna catch it if you lke seeing Hewitt in a nightgown though. Other than that, stay away, every episode is almost the same. The plot is ridiculous. Lame in every sense.
  11. MarcoP.
    Jun 29, 2008
    Horrid, sugary and utterly boring copy of 'The Sixth Sense' with a buxom woman. I hope the show is canceled very soon.
  12. T-Will
    Oct 19, 2005
    The only feeling I can equate to this show is when massive cramping sets in before the inevitable rush to the toilet. Shockingly uncomfortable when it first hits, and a much welcomed relief when it ends.
  13. mimia
    Oct 14, 2006
    this show is pointless.....what is melinda's story, get a life...
  14. SueP.
    Nov 26, 2008
    Love this show...hate the turn Jim's death has taken. Could understand him not crossing over and maybe can help her more by not crossing....but this nonsense with taking another body...not letting his people mourn his death because jim stole his body...yuck! Afraid they've jumped the shark and will lose this devoted viewe and many more.
  15. CarolA
    Nov 11, 2005
    sad really, felt like watching Haley Joel Osment in a girls wig
  16. AriellaC
    Oct 15, 2005
    This show was just bad.
  17. McFly
    Oct 20, 2005
    Jennifer Love Hewitt is hot, show is not.
  18. FEdison
    Dec 9, 2005
    I find it difficult to believe that anyone who can spell his or her own name would watch this steaming pile of crap. JLH does have some big boobies, though.
  19. PJ
    Jan 3, 2006
    Awful. Can this be legal?
  20. BD
    Oct 6, 2006
    Horrid.
  21. cbby
    Aug 22, 2006
    One of the worst TV shows ever. Should at least be on the Sci-Fi network instead of NBC or ABC. Just a very freaky show about a lady who can talk, and it just gets weirder and weirder every episode.
  22. sallys
    Oct 17, 2005
    this show is stupid
  23. billybob
    Oct 17, 2005
    bring back JOAN OF ARCADIA
  24. Katrinab
    Nov 3, 2006
    It is so obvious to see that Jennifer Love Hewitt and the other lack-luster actors in this show have overwhelmingly attacked this site to enter good comments- or else someone was paid off to sit here all day and enter in good votes. I watched the show for the first time tonight, and there is no contest- the show is absolutely horrendous. Jennifer Love is not attractive, not a good It is so obvious to see that Jennifer Love Hewitt and the other lack-luster actors in this show have overwhelmingly attacked this site to enter good comments- or else someone was paid off to sit here all day and enter in good votes. I watched the show for the first time tonight, and there is no contest- the show is absolutely horrendous. Jennifer Love is not attractive, not a good actress, the script is horrible, the music is ridiculous- building up where the scene doesn't even call for it to cause you to have a heart-attack (a cheap trick) and the unbelievable relationship between her and her husband is like they are mockingly copying "Medium" or more like they are in acting school doing an improved scene of kids playing "house". I have never been so insulted by a tv show in my life. The dropping of hints throughout the episode- Jennifer obviously has no idea what the intelligence of the audience is these days. It's truely insulting. I almost expected her to do an "Infomercial" reminding us to stand up to domestic violence during the commercial break. Jennifer, give up now on your producing efforts, you must give really good ****, because this stuff is crap. Look at your competition, honey, we want complicated, interesting and unassuming scipts- and we don't need to rely on your rack or spooky music to be entertained. And if you guys disagree, I pity your taste in a good body (she's a white trash, texas, bland, twink...with a boob job) Expand
  25. DavidD
    Feb 16, 2006
    The most banal programme i've seen in this genre.1st episode Just screened in my country. Was looking forward to it,am extremely disapointed.Ghost visits Jen with a message,eventually tells son who throws her out,ends up believing,the end.I was actually glad when it finished.Medium is on another channel at the same time so i'll watch that instead.At least the dead on there The most banal programme i've seen in this genre.1st episode Just screened in my country. Was looking forward to it,am extremely disapointed.Ghost visits Jen with a message,eventually tells son who throws her out,ends up believing,the end.I was actually glad when it finished.Medium is on another channel at the same time so i'll watch that instead.At least the dead on there aren't boring.For similar mush i'd rather watch touched by an angel Expand
  26. AnnR.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Makes the supernatural look like pure evil.
  27. Aug 5, 2011
    I don't mean to come off as a cynic, but who in their right mind can rate this drivel positively? TV shows and movies of the last decade have bred a generation of sappy, everyone's-life-has-a-purpose, every-story-has-a-happy-ending believing simpletons. All this show does, at every chance it gets, is try to pull your heart strings. It serves no other purpose. There is no plot. Are thereI don't mean to come off as a cynic, but who in their right mind can rate this drivel positively? TV shows and movies of the last decade have bred a generation of sappy, everyone's-life-has-a-purpose, every-story-has-a-happy-ending believing simpletons. All this show does, at every chance it gets, is try to pull your heart strings. It serves no other purpose. There is no plot. Are there so many people out there that want to believe so badly that their loved ones have "moved into the light," that this show actually has an 8.5 score? Apparently so. The show never stops to try to explain it's convoluted metaphysics and nobody seems to care because it makes them feel fuzzy inside. Is this what TV entertainment has been reduced to? Nothing but cheap nonsensical sentimental moments, with a few clips of Hewitt's breasts every now and then to distract from the fact that the show makes absolutely no sense, and has absolutely no plot? Expand
  28. Jan 5, 2012
    Maybe this show would be okay if it were a mini-series. And that is a BIG maybe. For me it got old real quick. Every episode is about the same thing over and over again. Really hard to swallow even for fiction. Why would anyone want to watch a series when you know basically what the outcome is going to be every time. So after the first 10 or so episodes, whats the point? Not toMaybe this show would be okay if it were a mini-series. And that is a BIG maybe. For me it got old real quick. Every episode is about the same thing over and over again. Really hard to swallow even for fiction. Why would anyone want to watch a series when you know basically what the outcome is going to be every time. So after the first 10 or so episodes, whats the point? Not to mention the bad acting, bad writing and was incredibly boring. Just another mindless rip-off ghost show for all those 'ghost junkies' out there. Expand

At times during ''Ghost Whisperer," the sentiment is so thick you might want to go away from the light -- the light from the TV set, that is.
    What is special about "Ghost Whisperer" is the way it gets everything else right -- casting, acting, writing, directing, pacing, music, you name it.
    Pretty pointless.