Glee : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.5

1. Apr 1, 2012
    The Second season makes the characters you fell in love with annoying and not very funny as this show slowly goes from comedy to crappy soap opera. Glee season two is lackluster.
  2. Oct 13, 2010
    Although the cheerleader coach is hilarious, most of the show is obnoxious. They are all good singers, but they just redo already famous songs, so there isn't much originality. So many people I know love the show, but if I want to hear songs I love, I usually just go to the artist that sang it first to hear it.
  3. BKM
    Oct 26, 2010
    I still haven't figured out the appeal of this show. To me it is painfully superficial and quite frequently mean-spirited in its humor (which does not automatically make it sarcastic or witty) and each hour feels interminable. The show also seems to be straining to show everyone how cool it is. As for the music, it is generally good, but the song selections never wander very far fromI still haven't figured out the appeal of this show. To me it is painfully superficial and quite frequently mean-spirited in its humor (which does not automatically make it sarcastic or witty) and each hour feels interminable. The show also seems to be straining to show everyone how cool it is. As for the music, it is generally good, but the song selections never wander very far from the mainstream. It ultimately feels like the worst aspects of high school rehashed for a weekly tv series. Nothing less, nothing more. Expand
  4. Dec 5, 2010
    I used to like glee, however I am beginning to dislike it more and more every episode. Boring characters, annoying cliches and using guest stars to make up for the fact that they have no new material makes me not even want to watch it anymore.
  5. May 24, 2012
    It is a decline from last season. I didn't like or dislike the show. It just felt very neutral with the acting. The plot for the whole season is average and boring. The show is lifted by the singing performances. But overall, the show is "good to average".

1. Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Oct 26, 2010
    It has become a powerful, promotional machine, long on hype and short on the human feeling--the glee--that once made it so addictive.
  2. Reviewed by: Heather Havrilesky
    Oct 22, 2010
    Has there ever been a TV show that's at once more delightful and cringe-inducing at the exact same time than Glee? Ever since it returned for its second season, this off-kilter dramedy has been nailing its high notes while still flaunting its many flaws with even more bravado than before.
  3. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 21, 2010
    In its second season, the high school musical comedy occasionally flies off the rails...But maybe that's to be expected from this aggressively inventive pop fantasy, where mundane details like homework never matter. [1 Nov 2010, p.41]