• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.2

1. Sep 14, 2012
    Can't do it, nope, can't sit through one episode. -------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. Feb 22, 2014
    Car crash of a season. underdeveloped characters with some doing head spinning 360s in personality (Blaine, I'm looking at you). I loved glee and I watched all this season, it was painful. I haven't even bothered to buy the blue ray of season 4 coz it was that bad. Really wish the writers would learn that they need to plot their story arcs pre season, not make them up as they go depending on the ratings and whose hot at that moment in time. Oh yeah I nearly forgot, destroying a well established couple for no reason is also bad writing. Conflicts fine, but dont push the characters into acting out of character just to fit into your mi-shaped, badly thought out, script. Expand
  3. Feb 11, 2013
    The problem with this fourth season is that now Glee is relying on characters that were never well developed (Tina, Sam, Blaine, Artie, Britney) they were always secondary characters to the main cast. So, they have these characters that are the only known characters, and a myriad of newer Glee kids that resemble and act like the stereotypes of the older characters that are missing. More than ever, this has become like Degrassi with high school drama that I don't care about. The first and second seasons had heart dealing not only with the teen's problems, but also the adults problems. Terry trying to take Quinn's baby and hiding it from Will, Emma being in love with Will, Quinn's baby really being Puck's but she was with Finn so she didn't want to admit it Quinn's whole journey as a character Finn's love for Rachel Rachel's obsession with being a star and everything taken down because they are TRULY the underdogs... One quote I loved from Emma Pillsbury is 'Sometimes I think we spend so much time around these kids that we start acting like them...' And I found that interesting. So much of the original seasons had a bite to them. Anymore, the kids aren't interesting, I don't know them, NONE of them act the way the should (why is Tina so hateful now and completely obsessed with hooking up with Blaine?) none of it makes sense. Now all I see is a cheerleader who practically killed Marley but nobody actually exposes the cheer girl? They all just constantly talk about how it was Marley's fault? Do I even know (or care) about the struggles of Unique? Do I know of any? No... How about the new Christian dude? Nope... Oh, and Puck Jr... uh huh, he's a watered down version of Puck who is in love with the Rachel girl... Sam who is becoming ever-dumber, which I did not think was the original conception, but the writers seem hell-bent on making a strange connection between him and Britney, and the other football player guy who is dyslexic (not gonna lie, that was a cool plot point) but is anything else done with that??? So, we have recycled cheerleader hating the Rachel girl plots, the punk being in love with Rachel and the cheerleader (sound familiar?) So all in all, this has been a grating season to try to watch. I loved Glee... I just wish they'd get back to what made it so neat in the first place, which was interesting characters, unexpected, character-driven plot points, and cohesiveness all around. Expand
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    I found myself able to sit through the first three shows of season 4, I originally thought the show had regained what it lost. However, it's dead weight now, and the recent school shooting episode was a tasteless attempt to keep this dying show on people's MSN home pages. I think it's time we let this show die already.
  5. Mar 11, 2014
    Glee should have ended after season 3. It would have been great to do a spinoff with Rachel in New York. I enjoy seeing the sections of the show that concentrate on her character. But the scenes back at the high school are hard to sit through.
  6. May 3, 2014
    The fourth season does try to make some positive changes. However, the producers continue to pull the same sloppy antics from last season at the expense of its veteran characters and original area of focus.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2012
    The high school stories are tighter-focused, and the Manhattan ones breathe with Broadway romanticism. [5 Nov 2012, p.42]
  2. Reviewed by: Gail Pennington
    Sep 17, 2012
    The decision to have some students graduate was a smart one, and splitting the action between New York (where Lea Michele's Rachel Berry is attending NYADA, the New York Academy of Dramatic Arts) and Ohio (where the remaining members of New Directions are regrouping) turns out to have been even smarter.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Sep 13, 2012
    [The] premiere serves as a rocky reboot to the once robust hit.