• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: May 19, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5
7.3

1. Jul 3, 2011
    One of the most over-rated, horribly produced, horribly acted shows on television. The show constantly advertises and brags about its "fresh, optimistic horizon" yet every character seems like a carbon copy of a character from "High School Musical" and are always living dark, sad lives. The target audience is clearly young girls who are looking for the next big thing and are only watching to hear the talentless cast butcher their favorite songs. The show wrongfully calls itself a comedy and any humor attempt is made using the same character(s), which quickly leads to jumping the shark and a quick spiraling drop in quality. I never thought I would say this, but I would much rather watch Desperate Housewives than this show when given the chance. This show is obviously a vehicle for its stars and now that it's done it's job, it should end. Television is still live and well, and this show should not be the one to kill it. Expand
  2. Feb 16, 2011
    Glee has got to be the most overrated show of all time. Glee has been successful both in popularity and critically which makes no sense to me. The plot is generic, the characters are whiny and ambivalent and lastly it is not funny at all. I have no idea how the critics approved of a show that was aimed at 13 year old girls.
  3. Oct 26, 2010
    Glee is awful. The story telling is atrocious. I wanted to like this show, based on a strong pilot. But it quickly went into the toilet. I'd rather watch paint dry.
  4. Oct 15, 2010
    Here is a show that just doesn't take itself seriously. I mean I don't understand why it's so popular. The concept is frayed and childish. The series tries to tackle issues as serious as the TV spin-off of Fame which flunked. Glee isn't a show I want to watch but I will admit they did do a good job of "Don't Stop Believing" and Jane Lynch is about the best thing in it. Overall, I think it plays out like an over-hyped music video that goes on longer than it should. Expand
  5. Sep 22, 2010
    For God's sake QUIT YELLING AT ME! I can't stand bad singing, I really can't stand bad fake singing. I can't believe that I watched this show and that it gets the positive reviews, must be the lemming thing...
  6. Oct 6, 2010
    I will never be able to understand why this show is so damn happy. Everyone's smiling despite the poor acting mixed with the annoying and flamboyant characters.
  7. Dec 28, 2010
    I understand my friends love this so much. The show is superficial in its storyline. I like to see more of Will and Sue story because it's the only real story. Those teenage drama is so fake. This show is like every crappy teenage shows about unrealistic love and ridiculous **** fights, so the producers think that having cover songs will save it. Even cover songs didn't save it. The cover songs are so Auto-Tuned and bland without any emotion. It don't deserve any nominations. Overhyped show targeted for teens! Expand
  8. Mar 24, 2011
    Dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb,dumb show. I can't believe these crappy shows on tv today. Jersey Shore, and this crap, what the f**k is going on here. There should be more shows like Jackass, Viva La Bam, and Rob & Big. Those types of shows are greater than this piece of travesty.
  9. Aug 27, 2011
    There are two kinds of people in this world: those who get Glee and those who don't. I must admit I fall under the second category; I believe it to be the most overrated show of all time.
  10. May 7, 2011
    This is one of the worst shows on television, it turns good songs into **** and the acting is just soo horrible! If seen better acting in a SyFy channel original film! And that acting is bad! I can't wait for this show to get cancelled!
  11. May 11, 2011
    I find it difficult to take the cast seriously when they're all extremely unrealistic and stereotypical representations of adolescent social groups. All the diversity they seem to promote feels forced with how shallow and one dimensional the characters are, and in turn, does a bit of a disservice to members of that actual group (For instance: Kurt is gay, and that's perfectly fine, but there's unfortunately not much more to his personality than that.) Although I applaud their attempts for diversity, it's still a fairly simple show with simple, remarkably unrealistic conflicts. Expand
  12. Jul 5, 2011
    I watched the first episode and I thought this show was going to be good. I was wrong. Everything about this show is just wrong. It is one of the most overrated shows in history
  13. Jun 5, 2012
    A show that easily could be surpassed by a disney drama, glee just seems to have the same audience as Twilight and Avatar. The show is terribly over-rated, and in my opinion, it's only liked due to it's gay nature and pathetically remixed songs. The problems presented in the show are so un-real and impossibly stupid that anyone with a brain would understand how pathetic glee truely is. The show's recycled storylines, crappy musical numbers, and song-ripoffs that sound exactly the same every time, ruin it's potential to be a truly entertaining show. If there ever was a potential to begin with. Expand
  14. Feb 27, 2013
    Your enjoyment of Glee will very much depend on whether or not you are a fan of chart pop music. I won't go on a rant about the issues I have with a great deal of current popular artists but suffice much of this music is overproduced to the point where it could be anyone singing.

Looking beyond the music the only real appeal I could find was another terrific performance from Jane Lynch,
    as the angry PE teacher Sue Sylvester, who had a number of very funny one-liners. The rest of the time is filled with rather average drama that can't even be compared to the best that television has to offer at present. This is one for people in their early teens really. Expand
  15. Oct 3, 2011
    I barf all over the show that is Glee. It is a shame on the definition of the word. It used to be fantastic in its simplistic roots, however it is now becoming the tragedy of a Broadway over-production that all the naysayers warned us about. The realism that captured audiences in the beginning now flails in between full-fledged musical, and stereotypes to the extreme. If Lynch can't save it, no one can. Expand
  16. Jan 5, 2012
    Glee started as out as a fairly harmless musical style drama sitcom with decent characters, but later evolved into one of the most laughably predictable and annoying shows on television.
  17. Jan 9, 2012
    You know how I call this program? A good music exterminator. How could they f*** up such good songs like that?? Under Pressure is one great song that Glee destroyed transforming it into a piece of garbage. What's wrong with you guys?? The program isn't terrible, but a 3/10 is a fair score for such bad musics and bad program...
  18. Jun 22, 2013
    Very highly overrated, this show is highly unrealistic, incorrectly depicting any high-school around the world. The repetition of story lines, autotune of songs, and bland plot does not captivate me any bit.
  19. Dec 14, 2013
    I am a lover of pop music, and how can a lover of pop music like a series which destroys it? I can't accept to hear people say "the glee version is better". What? No, no and again no. The copy is never better than the original. If they want to sing their own songs (for example i know that Lea Michele is making an album) it's ok but don't touch pop culture.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Dec 15, 2010
    The high school musical comedy occasionally flies off the rails. But maybe that's to be expected from this aggressively inventive pop fantasy. [1 Nov 2010, p.41]
    Will this strange combination of starry-eyed optimism and manicured irony eventually combust? Possibly. But until then, there's a lot to like about this weird and frequently winning hybrid.
  3. Even with its problems--we'll get to those presently--it's one of the best shows of the fall season.