• Network: USA
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 6, 2013
  • Season #: 1 , 2
7.1

1. Jun 11, 2013
    At no point in the pilot episode, do you feel like you should be feeling anything for these characters, characters who all seem miscast, belonging more on a daytime soap. Even the leader Briggs, never comes across as even resembling an FBI officer in real life. It's too formulaic, badly written and definitely should be avoided.
  2. Jun 15, 2013
    Unbelievable premised with unbelievable characters. Not one character was likeable. The actor playing Briggs is much too old to be a surfer dude. Why can't it feature women as lead characters for a change, or actors who are not impossibly pretty
  3. Jun 15, 2013
    Based upon the trailer I saw, the premise of the series seemed to be good enough to warrant me sitting through the pilot episode.

I found the pilot to be entertaining. I thought the speech at the graduation ceremony to be quite good.

But I just could not shake the feeling that the show wasn't good enough to justify the effort I would have to put into it in order to keep up with
    characters' development, the reality-show style of angst among the characters, and all the plot twists. I made that effort with Burn Notice because I found that show to be engaging enough to warrant it.

With Graceland the formula is there, but there doesn't seem to be enough substance behind it.
  4. Jun 21, 2014
    This show just isn't that good. The main character, Mike is just a generic hero boy who always gets the girl and "saves" the day. He is the main character and he is the most boring, because writers are afraid that watchers will not be able to relate to him if he has even the slightest quirk personality. That is where you are wrong writers. Main characters who have depth and an unconventional way of doing or looking at things usually attract more viewers.It's just an annoying over-used formula that has gotten annoying over the years. He doesn't really have a character or a true personality. He is just there as the pillar of morality that everyone on the show should follow but don't. Why does everyone on the show have to be extremely attractive? the hot blonde girl, the blonde hero, even the anti-hero Briggs. They just put a bunch of attractive people near the beach and said, "Hey these people are attractive, awesome cops, so you should watch this show" No.just.no. If you wanna watch a really great cop drama that is really dark, watch Luther. Arguably the best cop show ever. People will not find this review helpful, because they already like the show, but hey, the truth hurts. Rant over Expand

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Jun 7, 2013
    While it's not exactly Breaking Bad, stepping away from the too-pat world of "blue sky" TV into something edgier is a welcome diversion.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Jun 6, 2013
    Graceland is nothing to get all shook up about.
    It's the kind of work that I like to classify as "deep shallow," in that it deals in familiar tropes and simple themes but articulates them in a clever, stylish way.