• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Mar 27, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10
6.8

1. Feb 27, 2014
    Throughout the years I read some stories about Grey’s Anatomy but I was never tempted to actually watch it, because I was fed up with medical drama. Then a series of re-runs filled the TV just before dinner time and I followed for a while, starting from season 1.

Finally, season 10 was introduced and mid-way through the series I still cannot understand what all the fuss was about all
    those years ago. This is the best example of non-evolving show (rather, soap opera) if I ever saw one. Thanks to the fact that I watched the first series so close to the last, I can guarantee that Meredith and her pals are as mono-dimensional as they come.

These doctors are so fully occupied with their sex lives that I sincerely pity the patients who happen to stumble into their hospital. In most cases, said patients are actually freaks of nature, suffering from the rarest and most grotesque diseases the show writers could find. Consequently, we do not take them seriously but can focus on who is sleeping with whom.

Since this is a color and sex blind show, everybody is having sex with anybody else, regardless of race and gender. Truly an equal opportunity adultery show.

However, yesterday I really felt the silliness was going too far when two grown-up men, allegedly surgeons at the top of their game, shared feelings about the women in their lives: “Do you know why she left?” “She wants a stable relationship” “But I really love her” “You have to show it to her” … or something along those lines. Even less of a clue of what the fuss was about all those years ago....

There are no critic reviews yet.