Grimm : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 28, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.8

1. Sep 19, 2013
    To start off, I love a good retelling of older stories or themes. I tried to like this show, hoped to like it, wanted to like it. After 4 episodes, did not like this show.
  2. Dec 3, 2014
    Contrived plots, terrible dialogue and flat acting wrapped around a few interesting concepts. That this show has such high ratings is just depressing.
  3. Feb 27, 2015
    This was the worst show ever it literely had a human beaver it was so stupid I'd rather cut out my eye balls out instead of watching this show
  4. Apr 16, 2012
    One of the most boring, predictable shows I have had the mispleasure of watching. Sadly, as my wife loves this sort of tat I do have to sit through it each week and it generally goes like this..
    Step 1: Present day re-enactment of Grimm's Fairy Tale
    Step 2: Detective Burkhardt is on scene and sees someone's face turn into a really bad cgi monster face. Step 3: He speak to the monster, they
    Step 1: Present day re-enactment of Grimm's Fairy Tale
    Step 3: He speak to the monster, they act scared of him..even though he has exhibited no monster slaying skills what-so-ever thus far in the series.
    Step 4: He goes and speaks to dog boy, Eddie, who knows everything about everything and then they go to beat down on the bad guys.
    Step 4: They get separated, the detective defeats the bad guy while teaching us all a morale lesson.
    Step 5: End of show and we all look forward to the exact same formula next week ..whoohoo!
    So yes, it offers nothing original or interesting, the writing is laughable and the effects worse than Charmed (another favourite if Mrs Tachikoma) and all in all a waste of NBC's money.
  5. Nov 4, 2011
    This show is **** I'm german and from Germany... and this show hasn't anything to do with hte fairytales of hte Brothers Grimm. The use of werewolfs is just pathetic. It doesn't give credit to the legend of the Brothers Grimm. Keep away from the show.
  6. Jan 15, 2012
    The main character may as well be any whatever empathic from any other piece of fiction ever. He's written like that I guess, but the actor doesn't do anything with it either. There are some interesting ideas in this series writing, but everything else is below average. My biggest problem with it is that it is way too slow. Written for a 30 minute time slot and I would give it another try.
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    Tv show concepts don't get much more ridiculous than this. I gave this show a fair shot, I can't believe it's still on the air. The only thing I can figure is that the same people who bought a Snuggie also watch NBC.
  8. Sep 18, 2016
    Slow paced, boring and lame show. They made it too much of a crime police love story and not enough action or fantasy. Definitely not that great. Special effects are weak.

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm is most alive in the scenes where Nick teams up with Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell), a monster who is trying hard to walk the straight path. These moments introduce some much-needed levity to a drama where every echoing slam of a file-cabinet drawer amounts to a portentous groan.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm has a low-rent Saturday Syfy vibe to it.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 28, 2011
    There's a potentially good supernatural cop show to be made, and certain pieces in place to make this into that. But the version you'll see on NBC tonight seems to be embracing the show's likely failure by being something few will miss if it doesn't work out.