• Network: TBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 14, 2013
  • Season #: 1
7.7

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Excellent new sitcom on TBS. Has an excellent cast and writers. The Rory Skylar dynamic is brilliant. This will be Rory Scovel's coming out party for sure.
  2. Nov 15, 2013
    Haven't laughed this much during a sitcom since the Friends days. Glad to see Bill Lawrence is at it again. Great cast and clever writing set this apart from the rest of the pack. Keep up the good "work".
  3. Dec 5, 2013
    Best sitcom TBS has put out, it has just enough dark humor not to push any boundaries and just make you laugh, unlike Sullivan & Son. The writers make the usually annoying Romeo and Juliet-style romance work well, and Rory Scovel plays an interesting antagonist "Harvard," basically an odd, sarcastic, hilariously unsuccessful version of Tybalt. Sitcoms are having it rough these days, so adding a guaranteed-funny veteran actor like John C. McGinley was a wise move. Expand
  4. Jan 3, 2014
    This is my new favorite program and i don't say that easy. I just love the whole concept and the actors blended together its a perfect match. usually there is someone you just don't like in a series but i cant fine one in this one. The relationship between Brody and Jennifer is just so hot and by that i mean Jennifer is so hot my computer almost burn up! JK. but the relation ship between those two are just amazing, how they sing and get this like sexual chemistry kinda and just all in all are just an epic combination. but also the relationship between all the other characters how they interact whit each other is just something you don't really get all the time in all tv-shows. So to sum it up even tho i am a scumbag that watches the show free on the internet bc i live in Norway where the show hasn't aired on television yet. I believe this show is one of the best i have ever seen. Expand
  5. Apr 12, 2014
    Formulaic BS. TBS has made a habit of shoveling out sitcoms reminiscent of the worst of 1980s (Sullivan & Son, Men at Work, insert any Tyler Perry sitcom). Pass!
  6. Dec 19, 2013
    It's OKAY. Some of these guys writing reviews are claiming laugh out loud funny, I think it's a little better for a chuckle. I don't know my favorite sitcoms are the ones that feel a bit more real than this but I still watch every week cause I still manage to enjoy myself as I watch. One of the better TBS sitcoms in a while, but I still feel the network could stand to model future shows after sitcoms like How I Met Your Mother, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, etc. This show is enjoyable to watch but it feels like it's been done before. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    It's a show from Bill Lawrence and co-stars John C. McGinley so it's no surprise that the show is pretty damn funny. (Scrubs was amazing). Not many sitcoms can be this good this early on. The chemistry between the stars is pitch perfect(ha), the writing is sharp as a whip, and its just so much fun to watch. HATE the laugh track but its not as synthetic sounding as with most other programs. This. Is. The. One. To. Watch. Very funny Expand
  8. Dec 20, 2013
    Positive start and good enough casting and nice little plot with few jokes in it.This is the only decent comedy show came out in recent fall.Show has plenty of potential to be good one and looking forward to it
  9. Nov 18, 2013
    Good with the possibility of becoming very good or excellent. I've seen the first two episodes so far. The inter-character relationships have been well-developed. Mr. McGinley is in a role that seems tailor-made for him.

The show has a hint of IT Crowd in it, but I don't consider that to be a bad thing.

I would have given the show a solid 7 in my rating if it were not for that
    horribly intrusive laugh track. This show is well-written and well-acted. A live audience would be a big benefit over that awful laugh track. Expand
  10. Nov 21, 2013
    One reason and one reason only to watch this show, Alexis Knapp. I'm midway through the third episode.If she isn't on my screen soon, see ya! I'm kind of just kidding. Seriously though,the show is pretty good.
  11. Aug 26, 2014
    Honestly, in my opinion, the show is not as funny as Brooklyn Nine Nine but it still provides humour to the audience. It explains that even though the two main characters work in the same buildings they are in two different worlds. Interesting plot, thus far.

1. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Nov 15, 2013
    When the jokes are hit and miss, McGinley and Scovel can easily salvage them. While the chemistry between Astin and Heelan isn't really palpable, both characters grow on you after a couple of episodes and everybody else in the cast also manages to elevate the material whenever it falters.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Nov 14, 2013
    It's the best original comedy TBS has yet produced--which may not be saying much, but given the mostly lousy track record among broadcast sitcoms this fall, it's hardly bargain basement.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Owen
    Nov 14, 2013
    Most of the young, relatively untested actors in Ground Floor are not nearly as talented at creating endearing characters; in the first two episodes the characters are mostly just ciphers.