• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 12, 2012
  • Season #: 1
5.5

1. Sep 28, 2012
    I gave that show 2 episodes to be somewhat fair with my verdict. And it's out: It's no good.
    There are 5-6 main characters in this show and only 2 of them are modestly funny: Anthony Anderson and Tempestt Bledsoe. I was really glad to see her back in a TV Show.
    She and Anderson do what they can, but there's just not much comedy there.
    I don't know the other actors and I can barely see
    any comedic talent in them. Or is it just the writers fault?
    Anyhow, the plots are generic and we've seen it all before: Forgotten wedding anniversary, one of guys doesn't get recognized by a woman he used to date, two kids are always on full throttle at home and tear the place apart, blah blah blah, yawn.
    I'm sure there are many good and funny stories that can be told about fathers who stay home with their kids and the mixed feelings they the former have towards the latter. But the writers apparently can't come up with one of those stories. I say, just skip this one, it will be cancelled anyway and I'm sorry for Tempestt Bledsoe. She deserves a better show.

1. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Sep 12, 2012
    It's precisely what the title says: just new iterations of the same spit-up and teething jokes.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Sep 12, 2012
    The show feels like it should be better.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Sep 12, 2012
    Modern guys may have all manner of hilarious, disturbing and conflicting feelings about their children and the role of caregiver, but none of them make it into the pilot. Only Gary, exhausted and overwhelmed, seems to be experiencing life with an actual child, which is why he gets all the best lines.