• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 26, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.2

1. Aug 11, 2014
    Yes, it's a little hokey and corny at times; but it's also uplifting, touching, and fun, with relatable characters that you care about as you watch them strive and grow.
  2. Feb 27, 2014
    This show might be cheesy, you may not have to think hard, and yes, it is often predictable. But the acting is actually pretty good, and its enjoyable. i love sitting down and watching the next episode. its a heartwarming show, and Bilson gives a great performance.
  3. Jul 26, 2013
    This is a "feel good" show where you have to go with the flow. If I had young teen girls would not get to watch this show. It seems like it is aimed at young teens but my wife and feel like we are watching the new version of the "Andy Griffith Show". That's a good thing because it is very light fare that makes you feel good.
  4. Apr 14, 2013
    You can't say this show is amazing but you can say that it is campy and a great escape. It's the right mix of taking a fun trip of silly fun. The actors are great! Glad it's going to survive all these awful cuts the CW is doing this season!
  5. Feb 18, 2013
    This show is a breath of fresh air. I get tired of all the violent police shows, bored with the corporate law shows and the hospital shows. Not too mention the stupid and drama filled reality shows. It's time for a different type of entertainment.
  6. Feb 2, 2013
    I absolutely hate this show. It's a normal teen drama, but set in a small town; really nothing special. The setting annoys me very much. Although I will say the title is clever.
  7. Sep 4, 2012
    It has been a long time in coming, but , fnally, a fun, cute entertaining show. Each character is distinct and play well of of each other. The innocence of falling in love meets the complicated life of dating. Definitely, a keeper,
  8. May 11, 2012
    After watching the majority of the 1st season, i will definately be looking forward to a 2nd. While the show isn't going to be remembered for years to come, you have a light hearted and funny show with lots of entertainment. Characters play a big part of any show and there is a great mix on offer, with the majority being enjoyable and likeable. Bilson gives an adoreable style to the mainAfter watching the majority of the 1st season, i will definately be looking forward to a 2nd. While the show isn't going to be remembered for years to come, you have a light hearted and funny show with lots of entertainment. Characters play a big part of any show and there is a great mix on offer, with the majority being enjoyable and likeable. Bilson gives an adoreable style to the main character Zoey Hart, while the town mayor and annoying neighbour also work really well and add great humour. Then theres the love interest and the pantomine villain. The story is nothing groundbreaking but its enjoyable to watch just how a New York girl gets to grips with the crazy traditions of Bluebell, and the completley different style of living and locals. Add to that a lot of twists and the occasional emotional tales and you have enough to enjoy. Providing you don't take it too seriously, there is a lot to enjoy here. Expand
  9. Dec 7, 2011
    Love this show! I hope there will be a season 2...Lemon drives me nuts but other than that I love it! In my top 5 for sure! I love Wade he does an amazing job, so does Bilson, I am glad its not like her role she did in the O.C.
  10. Dec 1, 2011
    There are a lot of good things about this show. The main detractor is that they don't seem to have figured out how to actually make us LIKE Zoe. In the current uber-competitive PTTV world, there isn't a lot of room for mistakes.
  11. Nov 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. cute, small town, good characters. Sometimes I think they need to make it more believable that Zoe is a doctor. It's fun and makes me want to move to the south and a small town. Love the Zoe, Wade, Lavon, George, Lemon love pentagon or triangle or whatever. Expand
  12. Nov 10, 2011
    this is an awesome new show, and really worth watching! the storyline and idea is great an i think there will be a lot of interesting twists. more of this please!
  13. Nov 7, 2011
    when i watches the first episode i felt really bored and sleepy and at the end i started hating...
    but when i watched 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th......epidodes i eventually started to love it cuz eventhough its slow but its fun,full of life and the main point nothing imaginary or related to superpowers (phew)
    what i really wish is that people stop comparing between rachel's acting in this and O.C .
    as its completely different thingy...!!!
  14. Oct 15, 2011
    I have to start by saying that this review may be a little biased and skewed. The bias comes from my love of Rachel Bilson, loved her since the O.C and i know that my love for all things "romantic comedyesque" will cloud my judgement. I can't help it, I have even tried to fight it, but I am a huge sucker for any and all things romantic comedy. Needless to say, this show fits that criteriaI have to start by saying that this review may be a little biased and skewed. The bias comes from my love of Rachel Bilson, loved her since the O.C and i know that my love for all things "romantic comedyesque" will cloud my judgement. I can't help it, I have even tried to fight it, but I am a huge sucker for any and all things romantic comedy. Needless to say, this show fits that criteria and when each episode is over, I find myself wanting it to be Monday again for the next episode. I can understand some of the negative reviews, that sometimes the story lags. That is true, however I suspect as more of the back story unravels, the pace will pick up with it. Expand
  15. Oct 12, 2011
    omg this show is so addicting! i love it so much! i really hope theres a season 2! Its so exciting and hart warming *see what i did there(; * There were some funny parts, and parts that made me tear up a bit. It has an interesting plot , and i just cant wait till every mondays(:
  16. Oct 2, 2011
    I highly recommend not wasting one's time with this show. To be fair I have only watched the pilot myself so I can't swear it won't get better, but it didn't give any signs it could and one hour was an hour too much invested in this (and that from someone who watches several dozen hours of tv a week). If you want to see a fish-out-of-water story about a New York City doctor adjusting toI highly recommend not wasting one's time with this show. To be fair I have only watched the pilot myself so I can't swear it won't get better, but it didn't give any signs it could and one hour was an hour too much invested in this (and that from someone who watches several dozen hours of tv a week). If you want to see a fish-out-of-water story about a New York City doctor adjusting to life in a quirky small town you would be better served to rent/buy/stream Northern Exposure. This is my first review here btw so I'm not sure what constitutes a "spoiler" per se but I don't directly explain any events below so I didn't mark the article for spoilers but if you are especially sensitive to even oblique references to the sorts of things that might happen in the pilot and are intent on watching this show, please stop reading here just in case; I'm writing this to try to save you an hour, not to ruin anything for you (thanks/sorry!).

The characters are shallow caricatures, character development is forced and awkward (the only vaguely medical operation in the premiere leads immediately two eureka moments from both the main character and the patient where they suddenly change life-long attitudes and behaviors without any explanation), though the overwhelmingly mercurial caprice of the characters might be exactly the catalyst for drama poor writing needs to keep things "interesting" (f.e. they create several situations in just the first hour that might intrigue people who are really into guessing who's going to date whom which is not my cup of tea).

If they intended this to be a carefree heartwarming hour (which I can only assume from the lack of substance) they missed the mark on many counts and should have had a more sympathetic main character (or ideally the majority of the cast), a positive tone, and ideally some witty dialogue or humor (the only thing that I think was meant to be a joke relies on the viewer to actually assume the real Burt Reynolds would be randomly wandering an Alabama swamp on someone else's land in the middle of the night on a regular basis; if you don't accept that premise on its face, you won't be surprised and chuckle when it's proven false!).
  17. Sep 28, 2011
    Josh Schwartz is obviously tired with this one. The South is an interesting setting, but everything, from the lines to the characters, are hilarious here. I'll watch the O.C again if I need a shot of Bilson...
  18. Sep 28, 2011
    I heard about this show and thought my wife would love it. I sat down to watch it with her and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Sure the show is cheesy but it is promising and the pilot was full of twists that I did not see coming. Bilson's character is complex and was a bit annoying for the first ten minutes with the "I'm from New York and the South is full of morons" mentalityI heard about this show and thought my wife would love it. I sat down to watch it with her and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Sure the show is cheesy but it is promising and the pilot was full of twists that I did not see coming. Bilson's character is complex and was a bit annoying for the first ten minutes with the "I'm from New York and the South is full of morons" mentality but by the end I found myself wanting to know what happens next. This show will be ok if they stay away from the big city girl in little hick town genre. Expand
  19. Sep 28, 2011
    I was hoping for another quirky show set in a small town. I got a show in a small town but without the quirky.
    This is no Gilmore Girls or Northern Exposure. The writing is bad and Rachel, as much as I loved her in the OC is playing pretty much the same type of character here, except...she is a Doctor which really doesn't work.
  20. Sep 27, 2011
    Bilson was stellar in her performance! The shoe doesn't have the best writing, but there's still time to improvement, so this is the one to watch, however there's only so much more time before the show is endangered if it doesn't improve. Jaime King however was destesable in her role of Lemon Breeland.
  21. Sep 26, 2011
    This show was an amazing!! I loved this way that Rachel portrayed this fish out of water girl, i mean moving to a small town from New York City would be hard but for most of the town to hate her it would really suck!
  22. Sep 26, 2011
    Although it is another medical drama, I found the storyline of this show (so far) to be refreshing compared to the rest of its genre. This show is in a small town GP office in the south vs. a major city hospital. The pilot introduced the different characters well and alluded to their background just enough to intrigue without becoming boring. I like the main character so far (which isn'tAlthough it is another medical drama, I found the storyline of this show (so far) to be refreshing compared to the rest of its genre. This show is in a small town GP office in the south vs. a major city hospital. The pilot introduced the different characters well and alluded to their background just enough to intrigue without becoming boring. I like the main character so far (which isn't always the case) so that's a good start! Looking forward to more. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Sep 26, 2011
    It's a good cast, and Porter in particular works very well with Bilson. The show just needs to find a way to transcend both formula and Southern stereotypes.
  2. Reviewed by: Ed Bark
    Sep 26, 2011
    It goes down pretty easy if you'd like to set down for a spell with a disarmingly pleasant little down-home melodrama.
  3. Reviewed by: David Eckstein
    Sep 26, 2011
    There are parts of Hart of Dixie that need addressing. The pace lags at certain points. And some of the characters, sometimes even Bilson, are more like caricatures.