Have No Fear: The Life of Pope John Paul II : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Dec 1, 2005
6.2

1. John
    Feb 7, 2006
    This was as great as the cbs mini series if not better
  2. PaulW
    Dec 8, 2005
    Kretschmann was marvelous. The show was hurried because of the one night format, but it was interesting drama. The directorial decisions of this movie made more sense than those of the CBS miniseries; Thank you ABC for a good effort. Are you selling the DVD?
    Dec 4, 2005
    probably one of the worst movies I've seen. I'm currently watching the cbs version of the popes life and it seems to be much better made, better acting and more accurately desripting His forming years in Poland
  4. TarynW
    Dec 2, 2005
    How refreshing to watch "believable acting" set in an authentic setting. I knew very little about the deceased Pope, and found the film rivetting!
  5. DebbieS
    Dec 2, 2005
    Movie was just starting as I was channel surfing and it caught my attention. Couldn't change the channel after that. I thought it was done very well.
  6. HubertT
    Dec 2, 2005
    OK, first of all im only 14 years old and yes I was born in Poland. But sad to say i didn't like this movie that much. It's to short but, you all have to understand that the movie was set as a flashback. When John Paul II was praying at the Black Madonna in his older years he's thinking of what has happened in his life as from the time he was there as a child with his OK, first of all im only 14 years old and yes I was born in Poland. But sad to say i didn't like this movie that much. It's to short but, you all have to understand that the movie was set as a flashback. When John Paul II was praying at the Black Madonna in his older years he's thinking of what has happened in his life as from the time he was there as a child with his father. Also in the movie he says while praying at the time ,"As I was here praying for my mother's soul I was also praying for my poor father," ( or somthing close to that ).Tho I don't agree with the ending. His death comes to quick. And The flashbacks are to short they should have included more important detailed things about his life. I'm rating this movie as a 10 beacuse of the well done job by the actors and the parts of the movie that were wonderfully done. Expand
  7. RaulJulia
    Dec 2, 2005
    While I loved this Pope, I couldn't stand this movie. Biographical snippets with NO passion or reason to believe the acting. Horrible writing and ultimately BORING waste of time. Read a BIO on this Pope or go do something nice for someone in place of this movie.
  8. CJeb
    Dec 2, 2005
    Wow! What a terrible 2 hours. Absolutely no depth to the movie.
  9. HarryS
    Dec 2, 2005
    This movie ran too quickly over the most important moments of the Holy Father's life and Papacy. There is much to tell and I'm afraid it fell far short of what we expected.

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Timothy Guanatilaka
    This heart-tugger suffers from efficiency. [2 Dec 2005, p.74]
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    In the end, both [CBS' and ABC's Pope] movies stick to what viewers can agree on (commies and Nazis, bad; love, good), while skipping much of the Pope's sometimes polarizing tenure as a leader.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Granted, the smaller time frame makes it more difficult to chronicle an 80-some-odd-year life, but what emerges is a CliffsNotes version that fastidiously avoids crowd shots (presumably to keep costs down) and struggles to create drama with its worshipful tone.