Heroes : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.8

1. AsIf
    Dec 19, 2008
    it is sometimes hardto follow but wheb you get the basic idea of the tv show you enjoy it load and are on the edge of your seats. I believe these critics have mostly underrated the show. I believe it is better having several people than just one person, it would make it boring all the time
  2. PartyLikeA.Rockstar
    Jan 7, 2008
    Phenomenal Show!The plot is sharp with a amazing group of actors.I think it isn't confusing and people who aren't sci-fi fans will still LOVE this show.I'm not particularly a sci-fi fan but still LOVE this show.The reason people don't like is it is because either the rich (which they call confusing) plot or the timing.If you don't like the show because of the Phenomenal Show!The plot is sharp with a amazing group of actors.I think it isn't confusing and people who aren't sci-fi fans will still LOVE this show.I'm not particularly a sci-fi fan but still LOVE this show.The reason people don't like is it is because either the rich (which they call confusing) plot or the timing.If you don't like the show because of the timing, that just means you really like it and can't wait for more.Trust me on this, this show is cool, suspenseful and as rich as chocolate cake. Expand
  3. AlexR.
    Feb 23, 2008
    The last episode has a brilliant ending!
  4. KennyS.
    Jun 7, 2008
    Heroes is a great show, and isent like the other shows, it fully explains how these people got there powers and there are still more to discover. Its a great for all the superhero fans out there like myself, to get away and get some new things to see.
  5. CoryD.
    Jul 1, 2008
    Interesting ideas and well thought through. Is it perfect? No, but it is better than anything else like it.
  6. ShaneM.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Absolutely fantastic show, the only one that I actually follow on TV. Love it!
  7. KevinC
    Jan 21, 2009
    Heroes season 1 felt like one long and awesome movie. I don't see what is so pretentious about the show, maybe some people just don't get it and like to call it pretentious. Or maybe some people don't like it because of the sometimes silly two and a half minute long narrator intros?
  8. Ryan
    Feb 28, 2009
    The show does a great job of developing it's characters and making sure to mix action with plot. I hope that people who only care about flashy special effects and dislike plot don't get this show canceled.
  9. robranger
    Nov 1, 2006
    Great show, gore unnecessary.
  10. RobY
    Nov 10, 2006
    Are you kidding me? This show is great..! Unabashed superhero fun! What would you do with your superpowers? I agree...best new show on TV.
  11. ZaxNeon
    Oct 11, 2006
    Somebody finally figured out that you have to give people answers as much as you string them along with questions. The great part about Heroes is the pacing. Great action and you don't have to wait till season 3 to find something out. I hope it stays around awhile.
  12. EliC
    Nov 30, 2006
    Terrific acting but don't think too deeply about the show's logic. This show will unfortunately go nowhere as the writers continue to put themselves into a implausible plot hole. Hint; Hiro's ability to manipulate space/time negates the entire premise of the series.
  13. ErikaDC
    Nov 4, 2006
    Great ! ! !
  14. markm
    Oct 15, 2006
    I've been barren of Television for a while now thanks for Heroes im into the sci fi pictures
  15. MichelleM
    Oct 18, 2006
    Love the show!
  16. DavidD
    Oct 21, 2006
    Incredible! It has a very movie like quality to it. I am totally enjoying it very very much. I can't wait to see the next episode every time!
  17. IanA
    Dec 14, 2006
    I think the characters are awesome and visually it's one of the most solid shows out there right now. The music is great as well. The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is the narration, especially the guy at the end who is always talking about "The cheerleader is blah blah but the power of EVIL is close at hand" and I think the show is much more complicated than that old OH I think the characters are awesome and visually it's one of the most solid shows out there right now. The music is great as well. The only thing that annoys the heck out of me is the narration, especially the guy at the end who is always talking about "The cheerleader is blah blah but the power of EVIL is close at hand" and I think the show is much more complicated than that old OH No Evil type stuff. Expand
  18. Mike
    Oct 22, 2006
    Thow is REDIC!!!!
  19. Sammy
    Oct 23, 2006
    Best new show, period Makes waiting for 24 to occupy my Monday nights much easier
  20. SheriR
    Oct 23, 2006
    Love it, love it love it!!!
  21. RickM
    Oct 24, 2006
    Absolutely fantastic, likable show.
  22. RyanW
    Dec 9, 2006
    New Favorite show
  25. JonO.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Overall, a strong first showing. I was enthralled. Great casting, characters, and quality sets and cinematography. Well done. I'm hooked and will watch again. Can't wait to see how the story arc pans out.
  26. LuisDR
    Sep 25, 2006
    Freakin awsome!! its a bit slow in certain parts, but its like Average joe turns Xmen!! OMG i cant wait till tomorrow!
  27. JasonB
    Sep 26, 2006
    Very well done and with endless possibilities. Love it!
  28. tobyb
    Sep 26, 2006
    left me waitin for next week, love the little asian stocking stuffer.
  29. Uadji
    Sep 26, 2006
    It was a decent start and an interesting premise. I think they may have tried to cram too much into the first show but I'm curious to see where it leads.
  30. KendallT
    Sep 26, 2006
    I'm an instant fan. Keeps you intrigued throughout and leaves you excited for next week, what more could you ask?
  31. JesseW
    Very promising
    Sep 28, 2006
    Sci-Fi Superheroes being chased by some crazy government operative. It's been done before but the first episode was enteraining enough to make me want to watch another one.
  33. AlejandroC
    Sep 28, 2006
    Great show! I can't wait to watch next week's episode.
  34. brianp
    Sep 29, 2006
    Very good show. I will set my dvr up for a season pass.
  35. RobC
    Sep 29, 2006
    Excellent tone, atmosphere, and character development which should make for some intriguing storylines, but unfortunately offset by a lame and stale evolutionary premise. That's been done a million times already; we don't need yet another version. But the dark humor and heart will make it rise above the weaknesses.
  36. GabbyR.
    Nov 28, 2007
    Fabulously written, directed, and (for the most part) acted. The beginning of the season 2 storyline should've been re-written, but this show still deserves a strong '10.'
  37. KlemenK.
    Nov 30, 2007
    This is the best show ever!!!
  38. SteveG.
    Oct 16, 2007
    Now this - this - is the best TV show in a very long time. Hiro caught my attention during the first show, which I caught while channel surfing, and I fell in love with the bugger. I had not heard anything at all about the show, but I was hooked from minute one when he teleported to New York. The rest of the cast is as good, the mix is excellent, the writing as good as any on TV, and the Now this - this - is the best TV show in a very long time. Hiro caught my attention during the first show, which I caught while channel surfing, and I fell in love with the bugger. I had not heard anything at all about the show, but I was hooked from minute one when he teleported to New York. The rest of the cast is as good, the mix is excellent, the writing as good as any on TV, and the overall plot - "Save the cheerleader" - how can you not love it? Sylar makes a great, nearly impossibly powerful, bad guy, and Zachary Quinto's portrayal will maybe go down in the annals of TV history. It is a show I will always look upon as one of my favorites. Expand
  39. HugesMix
    Jan 17, 2007
    Best series I never see
  40. SammyP.
    Oct 19, 2007
    One of the best series ever created.
  41. RicardoS.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Kevin L. is an idiot. His rating does not make any sense. Anyway this is a fairly interesting show. The dialog is mediocre but the effects make up for it.
  42. GBJeff
    Jan 23, 2007
    A but slow sometimes but interesting. I really look forward to this show.
  43. FredBob
    Oct 24, 2007
    Love the show, i think its one of the best TV shows of the last couple years. Great acting and well thought out plot line.
  44. johnl
    Feb 15, 2007
    sweet
  45. HaydenP
    Jul 24, 2007
    It's so good i'm in it
  46. AlyA
    Aug 22, 2007
    Such a wonderful superhero show. I love it. The season finale left me wondering what else could possibly happen so of course I will be tuning in to the season 2 premiere.
  47. EvelynE.
    Mar 29, 2008
    Awesome! you shouldn't take it so seriously.
  48. JasonN
    Nov 27, 2006
    Plays on the beginnings of superpowers instead of spending all of the time on crash 'em up special effects and "fighting the bad guys."
  49. HedyF
    Nov 27, 2006
    This is the best new show of the season. My older kids enjoy it as much as I do. I won't miss an episode!!
  50. JacobF
    Dec 12, 2006
    By far the best new show on television. It makes me smile to come back to these sites and see how people bashed it. It was the first to be picked up for a full season and I have no doubt it will be the first to be picked up for a second season. Congratulations Heroes! Let the awesome stories keep coming.
  51. TylerH
    Dec 27, 2006
    I began watching this show because I'm a fan of Noah Gray-Cabey, and I've been following the development of his career. I Love this show, and most of the actors that I recognize from other shows and movies. Adrian Pasdar, Milo Ventimiglia, and Ali Larter, these actors are terrific, but Noah ROCKS! GO MICAH! This is a totally awesome show!
  52. HeatherS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    It is an awesome show! I love it and look forward to watching it every Monday! The characters are great and the story line is pretty good, too. At the end of every episode it leaves you with a cliff hanger like no other! You get into the characters, and you can't do that with most shows!
  53. Aug 22, 2010
    A very styilish and creative sci-fi drama with complex stories and characters. Very disappointed that they just cancelled it without wrapping up the main storylines but in a way it kind of makes it the more memorable. This is one show that will demand to be revisited in the future and I predict that it will.
  54. Sep 27, 2010
    I found heroes a very well done show. Nice character development, and a nice thick plot.
    Season one was definitely their best season. I wish they'd bring it back for another season or at least a special to conclude the series, how they'd cope with life with their secrets being exposed.
    I will miss heroes, hopefully they'd bring it back in the future. R.I.P Heroes.
  55. Nov 26, 2010
    Heroes is a wonderfully creative concept. It does have many parallels to 'The 4400' which pre-dates this series but has developed interesting characters and story-lines. Even the 'bad guy', Silar is an understandable character in his own way. For the most part the casting is excellent and makes use of actors strengths.
  56. Nov 3, 2010
    This show was simply AWESOME. Nothing in the world can beat the concept and storyline, not even Harry Potter! Each episode had so much. The first season was amazing. Second season was the best. Third and Fourth weren't so good. Too bad that they had to kill it because of the high costs :|
  57. Aug 24, 2011
    To me (and no doubt many others), the first season of Heroes will always stand out as the best. If I were reviewing this show by season, I would give season one a 10. The other three seasons, although I still enjoyed them to some extent, just didn't measure up to the original. Season two was okay, season three was a bit better, and season four was okay, with a somewhat empty conclusion.To me (and no doubt many others), the first season of Heroes will always stand out as the best. If I were reviewing this show by season, I would give season one a 10. The other three seasons, although I still enjoyed them to some extent, just didn't measure up to the original. Season two was okay, season three was a bit better, and season four was okay, with a somewhat empty conclusion. Overall, definitely give the first season a chance. The other three are worth watching in my opinion, but don't expect too much. Besides, if you go into a show expecting little, then you'll be all the more impressed if something does end up exceeding your expectations. Expand
  58. Mar 5, 2012
    First two episodes were boring as hell. Too slow and uneventful. But once you watch the third, you'll want to see what happens. It's kinda gripping and addictive because it's not fast paced but isn't mundanely slow. Every episode, something happens. It's good entertainment and keeps you hooked. Worth watching to pass the time and it has a wide range of acharacters. You can follow the storyFirst two episodes were boring as hell. Too slow and uneventful. But once you watch the third, you'll want to see what happens. It's kinda gripping and addictive because it's not fast paced but isn't mundanely slow. Every episode, something happens. It's good entertainment and keeps you hooked. Worth watching to pass the time and it has a wide range of acharacters. You can follow the story of ones you like but for all of them to link up, it takes a fair while. What makes Series 1 the best is how there's continuity. In Seasons 2 and 3, for example, the story lacks focus and just jumps around whereas in season 1 every cut from one character to another continues where it left off. It may seem slow but at least it's more engaging. Expand
  59. Oct 31, 2015
    Even casual readers of this blog will know that I hate superheroes, so why then did I watch the series Heroes? The truth is that I put it off for a long time, until I unlocked it's secret. They aren't really superheroes and the special abilities that some of the characters posses is only a small part of the story.

All around the country, ordinary people are discovering that they have

All around the country, ordinary people are discovering that they have remarkable abilities. Some see these abilities as the next natural step in human evolution, other see these people as a threat. The show begins with one group trying to understand their abilities and how to use them for good. A second group is trying to exploit there abilities for personal gain, while the third works for a group known as the company, which is trying to contain the whole situation.

From a TV standpoint, this show was really innovative with special effects and a large cast of future stars, but there in lied the problem. The show was so expensive to produce that by the fourth season, when the ratings started to fall off, the show was cancelled. However, thanks to streaming services like Netflix, the die-hard fans were able to prove their love for the show, and six years later, NBC has brought it back for a fifth season, which will supposedly tie up the loose ends from the season four cliffhanger.

The show is continuous and the multiple story lines are vast, so I won't go into them, but I will mention a few stand outs from the cast. Heroes launched the career of Zachary Quinto, who played the villian Syler. Syler has the power to absorb others abilities and become the most powerful of them all, only he is unable to focus leading him in many directions. Sometimes he's helpful, other times he has plans of world domination, and occasionally he just wants to know where he came from. Syler is the deepest, most interesting character of them all, going through a range of emotion and a love/hate relationship with the audience. The ability to portray such a complex character has led Quinto to superstardom and rightfully so.

Next is Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura, the master of space and time. The Hiro character not only added a lot of much needed levity to the show, but also introduced writers to all kinds of possibilities, such as time travel and alternate histories. To me, these were some of the best story arks they had and it's all the more fun, when the guy leading the charge is hilarious.

Finally is Hayden Panettiere, as Clare Bennett, the cheerleader who can not be hurt. She's the character that most fans can relate to, because she's just a teenage girl caught between the factions. All she wants is a normal life, but can someone that can heal themselves ever truly be normal?

Heroes was terrific science fiction, which covered more story lines and topics in four years, then some shows have covered in twenty. The characters are always changing and the story is continuous, so don't skip episodes. There are constantly changing roles and relationships, which kept the series fresh, moving, and always entertaining. Even if you didn't like one of the story arks, there were still a half dozen more going on at the same time. Heroes is some of the best science fiction you will ever see on TV, it's just a shame that it only lasted four seasons. It is a perfect example of the networks continuing desire to go with cost over quality.
  60. Aug 31, 2012
    I stopped watching this show when this season ended. Wanted to end on a high note, when the show was creative, very entertaining, thrilling and featured great characters.
  61. Feb 16, 2013
    The first season was original, had great engaging characters and had an excellent plot. The ensuing seasons weren't able to capture my attention on the same level. The main Heroes are all very well developed and I found myself caring for everyone of them, including Sylar. It was certainly better than most of the superhero movies coming out every other year. I was unable to stop until IThe first season was original, had great engaging characters and had an excellent plot. The ensuing seasons weren't able to capture my attention on the same level. The main Heroes are all very well developed and I found myself caring for everyone of them, including Sylar. It was certainly better than most of the superhero movies coming out every other year. I was unable to stop until I reached the end. Expand
  62. Jul 19, 2013
    Heroes has incredibly strong storylines, flawless character development, and wonderful music to accompany both characters and emotion packed scenes. Within it's first season it successfully explored the benefits and pitfalls having incredible (albeit somewhat deadly) gifts would have on the average citizen by exploring the aftermath of these gifts on a wide variety of characters (whichHeroes has incredibly strong storylines, flawless character development, and wonderful music to accompany both characters and emotion packed scenes. Within it's first season it successfully explored the benefits and pitfalls having incredible (albeit somewhat deadly) gifts would have on the average citizen by exploring the aftermath of these gifts on a wide variety of characters (which includes a New York politician, a nurse, a cheerleader from Texas, a comic book lover from Japan, and a working single mom) It's villain, Sylar, was compelling and creepy, and it's other antagonists, which included the charming Mr. Linderman and The Company, tied in the inevitable villain aspect of the whole hero-villain dynamic of the show. After it's first season, the show's quality diminished as some of the best parts of the show, (the individualized and initially isolated developments in the character's storylines especially) began to be overshadowed by increasingly overdramatic dialogue, an over exploitation of the tragic element of living with superpowers, and the self righteousness and sometimes plain stupidity and selfishness of some of the main characters that can easily irk a viewer. Even it's most frequent and compelling villain, Sylar, shifts from mysterious, deadly, and just plain scary to repetitive, whiny, and somewhat annoying as he somehow manages to escape death time and time again throughout all four seasons against all forms of logic to the contrary. All in all though, the acting is phenomenal, and it really is a wonderful show to get engrossed in despite it's flaws. Expand
  63. Mar 11, 2014
    La primera serie que tuve la oportunidad de ver , esta primera temporada fue un aliciente y la mejor de todas, la introduccion de personajes como Peter, Nathan, Niki, Hiro y otro heroes mas y no olvidar al antagonista Sylar fueron simplemente geniales, esta serie era muy adictiva y no podia esperar para ver otro capitulo.
  64. Oct 7, 2013
    They should have never stopped producing episodes, this show was great The story gets a bit tangled every now and then and i think that's what kept me watching it always wanting to see what happens next.I think the actors play their role properly Yeah this mutant stuff might seem ripped off from x-men but...i think the story goes in a different way compared to the x-men so...it's worthThey should have never stopped producing episodes, this show was great The story gets a bit tangled every now and then and i think that's what kept me watching it always wanting to see what happens next.I think the actors play their role properly Yeah this mutant stuff might seem ripped off from x-men but...i think the story goes in a different way compared to the x-men so...it's worth watching, gladly recommending it Beware tho, prepare for a heartbreak since the ending was very sudden The rumours say they will continue the show with different actors ,for who's interested Expand
  65. Jul 11, 2015
    One of the best SEASONS I've seen on television. Yeah, the show gets really bad further on, like, REALLY bad (season 2, I'm looking at you), but season one is just awesome. Like, really really good.
  66. Mar 31, 2014
    This was a very good series with very diverse characters, the story line did go a bit off track but I was overall entertained until the end. However I was extremely annoyed by the ending, not going to ruin anything for those who haven't watched it but putting up To Be Continued wtf ! I know the show got cancelled but atleast draw a conclusion or do a two-hour special concluding the series,This was a very good series with very diverse characters, the story line did go a bit off track but I was overall entertained until the end. However I was extremely annoyed by the ending, not going to ruin anything for those who haven't watched it but putting up To Be Continued wtf ! I know the show got cancelled but atleast draw a conclusion or do a two-hour special concluding the series, ending on a to be continued has and still pisses me off Expand
  67. Apr 17, 2015
    Very captivating and a truly unique take on the superhero genre! I found myself hooked watching most of the season from 11 to 5 am. Its really cool how it somewhat differs from other known brands like Marvel and Dc with their own set of heroes yet this portrays a new perspective on powers already known and unkown with engaging characters that many will find interesting in their own way.Very captivating and a truly unique take on the superhero genre! I found myself hooked watching most of the season from 11 to 5 am. Its really cool how it somewhat differs from other known brands like Marvel and Dc with their own set of heroes yet this portrays a new perspective on powers already known and unkown with engaging characters that many will find interesting in their own way. Although realism wasn't seen much in the series with no strong scientific statements or footage on how the powers really work on the body or how they're even possible to exist but either way it has an interesting story and cast that will make you want more... Although i wouldn't say much about the rest of the seasons but they're worth a watch. Expand
  68. Jun 27, 2015
    Heroes Season 1 was one of the greatest TV experiences ever. It was non stop thrills and is extremely re watchable. The acting is top notch, the effects are great, and the story telling is so great.
  69. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pupils with cool superpowers... Awsome. I love this show. This is really exciting. The one can fly, the other can read minds, the other is invulnerable... Cool ideas. And cool Villain (Sylar) aka Mr. Spock :). (it isn't the old Spock...I mean the new Spock in the new Movie) Expand
  70. Dec 29, 2015
    Without a doubt the single best outing in TV history. Heroes captivated me from the very beginning. There is not a show around today that had the buzz and the ratings of Heroes. Season 1 introduced the world to a as realistic as you can have world where people had superpowers. From good to evil, minor to major, all these characters were compelling. This show was full of great action,Without a doubt the single best outing in TV history. Heroes captivated me from the very beginning. There is not a show around today that had the buzz and the ratings of Heroes. Season 1 introduced the world to a as realistic as you can have world where people had superpowers. From good to evil, minor to major, all these characters were compelling. This show was full of great action, drama, mystery, and intrigue. There is not a series around today that had the same magic as Heroes had. Expand

The show is too diffuse, hokey and self-consciously portentous to suggest suspenseful possibility.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The writing is uneven... but the idea is audacious enough to keep you following the loose threads.
  3. "Heroes" is one of TV's most imaginative creations and might, with luck, become this year's "Lost."