Heroes : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.6

1. Oct 3, 2010
    The first series of Heroes was the best television I have ever seen. So inventive and so clever it really did eclipse anything I had ever seen before. I think its that idea of aspiring to achieve your goals whether you can time travel or are just a normal human being that really shines through. Shame that the writers strike killed the rest though.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    An absolutely captivating genre-beding show. It is nearly flawless.
  3. ColdH
    Jul 20, 2007
    Incredible show... Nothing else to say...
  4. SorryNospam
    Nov 30, 2006
    Excellent Character Development. Good development of overall universal mythology.
  5. LKnight
    Oct 17, 2006
    The plot and cliff hangers keep the viewer's attention on the show, rather than making it wander off to what one did at the office that day. When I watch this show, I hardly know that an hour has gone by! That is a quality I rarely ever find in a television show.
  6. Briankk
    Dec 4, 2006
    Great show! Always leaves you longing for the next new twist. Keeps you guessing who is good and bad or both. Great writing! Story and presentaion!
  7. MikeT
    Dec 7, 2006
    While the premise is not original. The cast pulls out the stops to execute a beautiful show.
  8. EdS
    Oct 28, 2006
    Mediocre writing and acting are overcome by good special effects and a very tightly plotted premise. Extra points awarded for the "oh my god, I remember wishing I had super powers when I was a kid" emotions it stirs up.
  9. Kenji
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the characters, then why would they care what happens to them? Expand
  10. L4
    Oct 4, 2006
    Great show. I'm excited about the actors they casted for this show. THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!!
  11. ac1983fan
    Oct 5, 2006
    Awesome series! It's one of the best series on TV.
  12. jamest
    Feb 6, 2007
    I have been waiting for a show like hereos to hit television for a long time, it's up there with lost!
  13. PaulR
    Feb 8, 2007
    What a remarkable show. The only reason I didn't give it 10 was the fact that in the rare event a quesion is answered, it just raises another 3 questions which we have to wait for an answer for... but what a show!
  14. KuyaP
    Apr 22, 2007
    When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect of the show also which is a plus. Also, the acting is not bad at all. The story line is addicting, and the whole show is solid, concise, and non-repetitive. There's a reason to watch every episode, and every episode makes a whole; missing one throws everything out of perspective. I've stayed away from super heroe shows ever since I was 16 because they become very repetitive and boring. This show is a super hero kind of show that appeals to kids and more mature young adults as well because it mixes a solid story line as well as the appeal of "super heroes." Expand
  15. PinoyA
    Apr 22, 2007
    This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in the show are: not bad acting, interracial actors and actresses, unique powers (someone had compared the powers to X-Men which is not true at all; the powers each character has has a purpose into this complex, solid, well-thought story line). The graphics are simple but flawless. I've stopped watching superhero shows since I was a teen, but watching this show is different. It's not repetitive like the other superhero shows. Expand
  16. AL.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Absolutely thrilling to watch and excellent!
  17. MichaelS
    Jan 12, 2010
    When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly could; although its the writers' efforts that give your imagination room to move with this series. Watch the episodes all at once rather than waiting week by week though because the series really drags on at times. Expand
  18. Kj
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. Good writing. I agree with the reviewer that said it's like a movie.
  19. Heroes#1Fan
    Oct 10, 2006
    One of the best shows I've seen all year!! Plot is suspenseful & thrilling! Keeps you guessing on whats next. Wish NBC would air 2 episodes a week... the suspense is killing me!! I LOVE IT!
  20. Chris
    Oct 10, 2006
    Excellent Show! First new show in awhile I can't wait to see. I record all other shows with my DVR but Heroes I have to see during its time slot!!! I think the show is only getting better over time.
  21. LauraF
    Oct 17, 2006
    Love it. It's the best of the season.
  22. jacobr
    Oct 2, 2006
    it's awesome! although i have no idea what power nikki has.
  23. CharlesV
    Oct 2, 2006
    Awesome show. Too SHORT!!! These first two episodes leave me daydreaming about what comes next. One suggestion though, don't give the mysteries all away too fast!! The mystery of everything that's going on is half the reason I'm so hooked.
  24. bobq
    Oct 23, 2006
    This is the first TV show in years that has grabbed ahold of my attention and imagination in such a powerful way! Heroes will be the biggest smash hit..its will spawn movies, books, comic and otherwise. A legend in the making like the twilight zone or star trek...be there NOW!!!
  25. StevenS
    Oct 24, 2006
    I hate giving shows a perfect score, bu the way I look at it is that a show deserves a perfect score if it becomes the best show of the season. That's exactly what Heroes is, the best show I've seen yet this year. Although, you can't count out Lost and Grey's Anatomy which are all very to close to me.
  26. MartyP
    Oct 20, 2006
    My new favorite show!!
  27. JoyceK
    Oct 20, 2006
    This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a cliff hanger so I am not only surprised the hour is over but anxious for the week to go by so I can see what happens next. This will deffinately be the next series I add to my DVD collection. Expand
  28. RonnieRTD
    Oct 3, 2006
    finaly NBC has a great show - hope they don't inject politics into it like law & order and ER
  29. CarnieM
    Oct 4, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show and I hate Gory creepy things. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  30. meme
    Oct 5, 2006
    Those so-called 'experts' that gave this show a low rating should be fired. They are oblivious to what the American public likes. It
  31. DawnTreader
    Oct 6, 2006
    This show looks to have a great start on a long running epic story. i hope that this show ends up being a combination, babylon 5, CSI, west wing, in terms of its ability to do real drama with mystery and science fiction concepts all roled in one!
  32. Jnorman
    Oct 7, 2006
    For the whole family. We all loved it!!!
  33. AnonymousMC
    Oct 9, 2006
    The best show on TV! Smallville has taken a close 2nd to Heroes.
  34. jayc.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Pretty good show. I am eager to see what is going to happen next. I really like the japanese time/space bending character but could do without the dual personality chic.
  35. GeorgeM
    Sep 24, 2006
    I watched the pilot episode earlier this week (online) and i really enjoyed it. It nicely switched back and forth between the characters and slowly showed their powers starting to take the forefront. For a first episode it also included some nice twists and set up a great conflict for the season. I'll be sure not to miss an episode of this!
  36. AnonymousD
    Sep 25, 2006
    Heroes just may have made NBC the television station to watch on monday night.
  37. NettleB
    Sep 26, 2006
    Excellent and entertaining - not a slow or boring second! Brilliant acting, and wonderfully compelling characters. I am so excited to see how this show plays out!
  38. ErikaDC
    Great ! ! !
  39. ZachH
    Sep 26, 2006
    just amazing! brilliant writing, filming, acting...it is so exciting, i cannot wait to see how this story unfolds!
  40. JeffM
    Sep 30, 2006
    Very promising. I almost passed on watching it, but I'm very glad I did.
  41. amandae.
    Feb 5, 2007
    amazing! i am hooked. i think the finale of this show should be a movie in a theater--like x-men. tv is not a big enough medium for where this show seems to be going ultimately. i actually never watch TV and i've been buying the episodes on i-tunes, that's how awesome this show is.
  42. battosaiiiii
    Apr 28, 2007
    Simply excellent.
  43. SteveS
    Aug 17, 2007
    It's the best super-hero show they've done.
  44. Calvin
    Sep 1, 2007
    This is the best tv series I've seen ever
  45. KevaughnH.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Amazing show that gives a different perspective on superheroes; a more realistic view of how a superhero really acts, unlike the comic heroes we normally get. It lets us see a different side of a hero and what they go through. The show isn't about high flying constant action, its actually about the hero and his/her experiences in a world without many others like themselves.
  46. DrewT
    Feb 15, 2008
    The professional critics are fools! this show is great on a number of levels.
  47. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Save the cheerleader indeed. A cross between Fantastic 4 and Highlander with all sorts of reflections about diversity and mutation.
  48. Trent
    Nov 1, 2006
    Better than some superhero movies, seriously.
  49. michaelb
    Oct 11, 2006
    I asolutely love this show its a big distraction from Smallville on Thursday, two great shows about seemingly ordinary people and super powers.
  50. dc
    Oct 10, 2006
    This is the best tv show i have seen since....well transformers back in the late 80's! I hope it sticks around for a long time, im tired of all these other stupid shows!
  51. Jeff
    Oct 10, 2006
    I would have given the show a 5 if all I had seen was the pilot. The show seemed to fall back on clichés, and the characters aren
  52. KariP
    Oct 12, 2006
    Wow this HAS to be the best tv show there is.
  53. RakoA
    Oct 14, 2006
    I love the new show. I only have time to watch a few shows a week and this is #2 on my list right after #1 Survivor. A must see for anyone with any imagination.
  54. AliciaG
    Nov 4, 2006
    I am so excited about this show. Finally, a show comes along that I cannot wait to see each week. That hasn't happened to me since Nip/Tuck. Heroes is my new favorite!
  55. yeahright
    Oct 16, 2006
    rocks
  56. AbbyB
    Oct 17, 2006
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! This is one of the only real series kind of show on primetime TV I actually make an effort to watch.
  57. jfab
    Oct 18, 2006
    Great Writing and great overall show, Would be a Gr8 movie, you can;t wait until mondays !
  58. aldo
    Dec 10, 2006
    is great thats all i have to say
  59. BThompson
    Oct 23, 2006
    It is not a suprise that those of you who use words like diffuse to describe this show would not find it fun. Get over yourself and use words we "regular" folks use every day. Maybe then you will see what a fun comic book ride this show is.
  60. joeym
    Oct 23, 2006
    addictive, sometimes stupid, but always entertaining
  61. JoshuaF
    Dec 3, 2006
    This show is great fun. With so many characters, the show does a good job of developing them. There are no "flat" characters. I haven't come upon a character that I like or dislike all the time. There aren't any completely "bad" guys or "good" guys.
  62. EmyS
    Oct 24, 2006
    There are 2 things on primetime that I will make a real effort to watch. The first is LOST, the second is Heroes. It is a GREAT new show.
  63. michaelg
    Dec 4, 2006
    Best new show on TV. Can't wait until Monday night to see what is happening next. As good as 24.
  64. ashleym
    Oct 24, 2006
    i'm not a comic book fanatic and i think its a great show, just pure fun to watch, easy to get addicted to
  65. DavidB
    Oct 24, 2006
    As a big fan of sci-fi and comic books, I would definitely have to say this is the best show I have seen that combines the elements of both in quite some time. I must say I really look forward to TV on Monday nights now thanks to NBC. Heroes is awesome!!
  66. sandyf
    Oct 3, 2006
    I loved the first show. The second had so many long commercials in it; I felt ripped off. I couldn't even get into the scene when again we cut to another commercial. I think they doubled up on them because they didn't show many last week. That's cheating.
  67. JeremyL
    Oct 3, 2006
    One of the better pilots and follow ons. The key to the success seems to be in what 'Lost' did in the entire first season, just give you enough information to wet you appetite, but not enough to satisfy, therefore, making you come back for more. Example, the likeability of Hiro's character, and Mrs. Hyde's 'power' still being unknown (but you get the sense One of the better pilots and follow ons. The key to the success seems to be in what 'Lost' did in the entire first season, just give you enough information to wet you appetite, but not enough to satisfy, therefore, making you come back for more. Example, the likeability of Hiro's character, and Mrs. Hyde's 'power' still being unknown (but you get the sense that it is something sinister and forboding). I disagree with those who say that character development is lacking, there isn't space for War and Peace in the time frame allotted, and the writers did a considerable job of giving you insight on the number of characters that they did in the Monday night time slot given. A very fresh approach... please quit with the X-men comparisons. Just because it involves super powers and mutations.. the similarity ends pretty much there and the writers are doing a good job of keeping us guessing. Expand
  68. V.Girl
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is refreshing. It's going to be big. Better than lost
  69. MatthewC
    Oct 3, 2006
    Currently heroes is (in my view), the best show on tv. From the subtle incline in revelations to the general quality of the production. The tv series has movie sensibilities, but somehow manages to surpass all similar movies. This is actually better than the xmen series of movies, because it tackles and deals with more real, more taxing, darker, superior, subjects. And does so stylishly, Currently heroes is (in my view), the best show on tv. From the subtle incline in revelations to the general quality of the production. The tv series has movie sensibilities, but somehow manages to surpass all similar movies. This is actually better than the xmen series of movies, because it tackles and deals with more real, more taxing, darker, superior, subjects. And does so stylishly, with flair, and fantastic storyline potential. Collapse
  70. RickyBobby
    Oct 4, 2006
    Some of the acting and dialogue is sub-par. The actually story is what keeps me watching.
  71. TH
    Phenomenal new show!
  72. Lestatboi13
    Oct 7, 2006
    The show needs to be two hours long instead of one!!!
  73. LelandK
    Sep 26, 2006
    Excellent. Destined to be a classic.
  74. C.Cotton
    Sep 26, 2006
    The show does take itself too seriously, but.... It was fun and the characters were for the most part likeable. When the show ended I did find myself wanting to see what happended next.
  75. Rico
    Sep 26, 2006
    This was a welcome surprise. The show is very similar to by J. Michael Straczynski's Rising Stars series of graphic novels. I think the series has promise. The negative critics aren't giving it a chance to mature. I look forward to new episodes. Also Ali Larter is hot.
  76. BrandenS
    Sep 26, 2006
    I can just tell this is going to be one of those addicting shows. I already can't wait to see the next episode!
  77. Asrugan
    Sep 26, 2006
    This show has great potential, let's hope it lasts!
  78. L.S.C
    Sep 27, 2006
    Kept me riveted for the entire hour! Too bad it wasn't a two-hour premiere - they packed so much into it! Can't wait for the next episode.
  79. MattL
    Sep 27, 2006
    Let's see where this goes but it looks fun for the moment.
  80. alxrod
    Sep 27, 2006
    Brilliant! The best pilot of the season. I loved it. Sort of Unbreakable mix with Xmen. Really good. I hope they'll be able to keep the excitement. Can't hardly wait to see what's next. Cheers!
  81. MichelleE
    Sep 28, 2006
    This show was utterly amazing to watch, and discuss afterwards. The possibilities are endless for the characters and Milo Ventimiglia is just brilliant as Peter.
  82. ZoroCG
    Nov 30, 2007
    If you just ignore the silly voiceovers at the beginning and end of each show, the pretentiousness factor (which some of the more negative professional reviews above seem to refer to) drops down about tenfold.
  83. sonjeC.
    Oct 20, 2007
    It's hard to disagree that this is an amazing show when EVERYONE in school watches it at least in NJ anyways kevin l how could u give it a 0 and say its best on dvd.
  84. HeatherC.
    Dec 21, 2007
    It's a show that grows on you. I have to admit, that in the beginning, I didn't like it. I hated it. Since I watch lost all the time, I was making all the comparisons. Weird freaky connections, black kids with superpowers, strange companies (dharma, the company), plot twists, no one in the hell knows what's going on. So I bashed it for a bit, calling it a Lost rip-off It's a show that grows on you. I have to admit, that in the beginning, I didn't like it. I hated it. Since I watch lost all the time, I was making all the comparisons. Weird freaky connections, black kids with superpowers, strange companies (dharma, the company), plot twists, no one in the hell knows what's going on. So I bashed it for a bit, calling it a Lost rip-off (they're very similar in the bare bones of things). Then Sylar happened. yes, Sylar. i admit, i think Sylar's hot. but mostly since he's the best villain i have seen. Ben on lost is just plain creepy but Sylar is complex and I understand what he's going though in a weird way... yeah, there are holes and yes the second season is a bit messy. but after the writer's strike is FINALLY over, i will be happy. because they're real. i am certain that if ordinary people mysteriously obtained superpowers, they would react in the ways the heroes people have. some would think this is a higher calling, others would use it for their advantage, and others would try to be rid of their powers. I've grown to deeply like it and i suppose my family is tired of hearing me praise Sylar all the time. plus for me, it's like lost never ended. Expand
  85. KevL.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Best show on the Box, the BBC better tie up season 2, those greedy sky punters already took LOST.
  86. ZachF
    Jan 25, 2007
    Awesome show, end of story.
  87. Jan
    Oct 31, 2007
    I just cant stand waiting for the next episode to come out, as usual. 10 out of 10 for this freaking unique effect. Not a lot of series made me feel like this...
  88. TonyT
    Feb 14, 2007
    What a terrific show. The writing is brilliant, even though I have trouble figuring out some of the action. The only thing better on TV is 24.
  89. mmgood
    Feb 15, 2007
    The show is excellent overall, but I've found the most recent episodes are just addiong more plot lines without resolving any previous ones. If the trend continues, I expect viewship to drop.
  90. NeilB.
    Mar 1, 2007
    I love this show, but of late it seems they weren't prepared to be picked up for the season...The writing has become a little soap-opera. Not much takes place per eposide. I know it has high ratings and I'll continue to watch, but c'mon, do we need 8 min. of commercials at every break...???? And, there are so many characters with stories interwoven, just make the show two-hours...
  91. HihuPot
    Mar 24, 2007
    Best. Show. Ever.
  92. GaryB
    Apr 19, 2007
    This is a pretty good, enjoyable serial drama. The FX are topnotch as far as tv goes. The problem is that every episode there is an average of 3.5 poop jokes (yes, i counted and averaged them). This number seems exceedingly high for this type of show, especially when these are the only types of jokes ever on there. Pretty good once you get past that caveat though.
  93. TRiopka
    May 1, 2007
    Better MUSIC would make this show a classic. I don't know how often background music is neglected, resulting in an inferior production. The most recent future episode would have been MUCH more dramatic with the right background tempo and/or music. Instead, we had mostly silence with the occasional dramatic beating sound. Peter (Milo's) acting is great, but there was not enough Better MUSIC would make this show a classic. I don't know how often background music is neglected, resulting in an inferior production. The most recent future episode would have been MUCH more dramatic with the right background tempo and/or music. Instead, we had mostly silence with the occasional dramatic beating sound. Peter (Milo's) acting is great, but there was not enough to back him up! When will these execs get it? (The first several Star Trek movies completely missed the boat on the music aspect which the old series had down pat) Expand
  94. FriaD
    May 22, 2007
    I love this show so much!!!!!! It's suspenseful, creepy, wonderfully written, with enough humor to keep all audiences entertained. Hiro's happy-go-luckiness is such a contrast from the rest of the show. I love all of the sci-fi aspects and references to other sci-fi shows/movies/comics. I especially liked Stan Lee's guest star role. All in all, a wonderful show.
  95. ChristpM.
    May 29, 2007
    This is the most exciting and not at all boring show ever. I've watched up to episode 22 and was exhilarated the whole way. GREAT SHOW!!!!!
  96. JustinB
    May 8, 2007
    The writers of this show always do their homework. Every intricate detail in the show is premeditated to avoid questioning, and if a blank does happen to need filling, expect the answer in the following weeks episode. The show's storyline is similar to the Tarantino popularized version of a story: jumping from one character to the next, at different points in time in the story, and The writers of this show always do their homework. Every intricate detail in the show is premeditated to avoid questioning, and if a blank does happen to need filling, expect the answer in the following weeks episode. The show's storyline is similar to the Tarantino popularized version of a story: jumping from one character to the next, at different points in time in the story, and showing each characters connection with the other directly and indirectly. Expand
  97. Daniel
    Jun 26, 2007
    it's a great show
  98. DavidK
    Jul 16, 2007
    10/10 whats more to say its amazing
  99. MelissaH
    Aug 22, 2007
    How can anyone not like this show? If you don't understand it you need to see it from the beginning. I am looking forward to the next season. Can't wait!
  100. GitaA.
    Sep 23, 2007
    The show is very nicely. I like this film, and I can't wait for season 2.

The show is too diffuse, hokey and self-consciously portentous to suggest suspenseful possibility.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The writing is uneven... but the idea is audacious enough to keep you following the loose threads.
  3. "Heroes" is one of TV's most imaginative creations and might, with luck, become this year's "Lost."