Heroes : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.8

1. Oct 31, 2015
    Even casual readers of this blog will know that I hate superheroes, so why then did I watch the series Heroes? The truth is that I put it off for a long time, until I unlocked it's secret. They aren't really superheroes and the special abilities that some of the characters posses is only a small part of the story.

All around the country, ordinary people are discovering that they have

All around the country, ordinary people are discovering that they have remarkable abilities. Some see these abilities as the next natural step in human evolution, other see these people as a threat. The show begins with one group trying to understand their abilities and how to use them for good. A second group is trying to exploit there abilities for personal gain, while the third works for a group known as the company, which is trying to contain the whole situation.

From a TV standpoint, this show was really innovative with special effects and a large cast of future stars, but there in lied the problem. The show was so expensive to produce that by the fourth season, when the ratings started to fall off, the show was cancelled. However, thanks to streaming services like Netflix, the die-hard fans were able to prove their love for the show, and six years later, NBC has brought it back for a fifth season, which will supposedly tie up the loose ends from the season four cliffhanger.

The show is continuous and the multiple story lines are vast, so I won't go into them, but I will mention a few stand outs from the cast. Heroes launched the career of Zachary Quinto, who played the villian Syler. Syler has the power to absorb others abilities and become the most powerful of them all, only he is unable to focus leading him in many directions. Sometimes he's helpful, other times he has plans of world domination, and occasionally he just wants to know where he came from. Syler is the deepest, most interesting character of them all, going through a range of emotion and a love/hate relationship with the audience. The ability to portray such a complex character has led Quinto to superstardom and rightfully so.

Next is Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura, the master of space and time. The Hiro character not only added a lot of much needed levity to the show, but also introduced writers to all kinds of possibilities, such as time travel and alternate histories. To me, these were some of the best story arks they had and it's all the more fun, when the guy leading the charge is hilarious.

Finally is Hayden Panettiere, as Clare Bennett, the cheerleader who can not be hurt. She's the character that most fans can relate to, because she's just a teenage girl caught between the factions. All she wants is a normal life, but can someone that can heal themselves ever truly be normal?

Heroes was terrific science fiction, which covered more story lines and topics in four years, then some shows have covered in twenty. The characters are always changing and the story is continuous, so don't skip episodes. There are constantly changing roles and relationships, which kept the series fresh, moving, and always entertaining. Even if you didn't like one of the story arks, there were still a half dozen more going on at the same time. Heroes is some of the best science fiction you will ever see on TV, it's just a shame that it only lasted four seasons. It is a perfect example of the networks continuing desire to go with cost over quality.
  2. Nov 26, 2010
    Heroes is a wonderfully creative concept. It does have many parallels to 'The 4400' which pre-dates this series but has developed interesting characters and story-lines. Even the 'bad guy', Silar is an understandable character in his own way. For the most part the casting is excellent and makes use of actors strengths.
  3. Feb 16, 2013
    The first season was original, had great engaging characters and had an excellent plot. The ensuing seasons weren't able to capture my attention on the same level. The main Heroes are all very well developed and I found myself caring for everyone of them, including Sylar. It was certainly better than most of the superhero movies coming out every other year. I was unable to stop until IThe first season was original, had great engaging characters and had an excellent plot. The ensuing seasons weren't able to capture my attention on the same level. The main Heroes are all very well developed and I found myself caring for everyone of them, including Sylar. It was certainly better than most of the superhero movies coming out every other year. I was unable to stop until I reached the end. Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2014
    La primera serie que tuve la oportunidad de ver , esta primera temporada fue un aliciente y la mejor de todas, la introduccion de personajes como Peter, Nathan, Niki, Hiro y otro heroes mas y no olvidar al antagonista Sylar fueron simplemente geniales, esta serie era muy adictiva y no podia esperar para ver otro capitulo.
  5. Aug 22, 2010
    A very styilish and creative sci-fi drama with complex stories and characters. Very disappointed that they just cancelled it without wrapping up the main storylines but in a way it kind of makes it the more memorable. This is one show that will demand to be revisited in the future and I predict that it will.
  6. Nov 9, 2012
    An absolutely captivating genre-beding show. It is nearly flawless.
  7. Nov 5, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pupils with cool superpowers... Awsome. I love this show. This is really exciting. The one can fly, the other can read minds, the other is invulnerable... Cool ideas. And cool Villain (Sylar) aka Mr. Spock :). (it isn't the old Spock...I mean the new Spock in the new Movie) Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2010
    The first series of Heroes was the best television I have ever seen. So inventive and so clever it really did eclipse anything I had ever seen before. I think its that idea of aspiring to achieve your goals whether you can time travel or are just a normal human being that really shines through. Shame that the writers strike killed the rest though.
  9. Mar 5, 2012
    First two episodes were boring as hell. Too slow and uneventful. But once you watch the third, you'll want to see what happens. It's kinda gripping and addictive because it's not fast paced but isn't mundanely slow. Every episode, something happens. It's good entertainment and keeps you hooked. Worth watching to pass the time and it has a wide range of acharacters. You can follow the storyFirst two episodes were boring as hell. Too slow and uneventful. But once you watch the third, you'll want to see what happens. It's kinda gripping and addictive because it's not fast paced but isn't mundanely slow. Every episode, something happens. It's good entertainment and keeps you hooked. Worth watching to pass the time and it has a wide range of acharacters. You can follow the story of ones you like but for all of them to link up, it takes a fair while. What makes Series 1 the best is how there's continuity. In Seasons 2 and 3, for example, the story lacks focus and just jumps around whereas in season 1 every cut from one character to another continues where it left off. It may seem slow but at least it's more engaging. Expand
  10. Jun 27, 2015
    Heroes Season 1 was one of the greatest TV experiences ever. It was non stop thrills and is extremely re watchable. The acting is top notch, the effects are great, and the story telling is so great.
  11. Sep 18, 2015
    Incredible. Heroes season 1 remains one of the strongest premier seasons of any show and it deserves it. Everything about Heroes Season 1 is exciting and interesting and leaves you wanting more and more and never fails to entertain. I would recommend this to everyone.
  12. Dec 29, 2015
    Without a doubt the single best outing in TV history. Heroes captivated me from the very beginning. There is not a show around today that had the buzz and the ratings of Heroes. Season 1 introduced the world to a as realistic as you can have world where people had superpowers. From good to evil, minor to major, all these characters were compelling. This show was full of great action,Without a doubt the single best outing in TV history. Heroes captivated me from the very beginning. There is not a show around today that had the buzz and the ratings of Heroes. Season 1 introduced the world to a as realistic as you can have world where people had superpowers. From good to evil, minor to major, all these characters were compelling. This show was full of great action, drama, mystery, and intrigue. There is not a series around today that had the same magic as Heroes had. Expand
  13. Sep 27, 2010
    I found heroes a very well done show. Nice character development, and a nice thick plot.
    Season one was definitely their best season. I wish they'd bring it back for another season or at least a special to conclude the series, how they'd cope with life with their secrets being exposed.
    I will miss heroes, hopefully they'd bring it back in the future. R.I.P Heroes.
  14. Aug 24, 2011
    To me (and no doubt many others), the first season of Heroes will always stand out as the best. If I were reviewing this show by season, I would give season one a 10. The other three seasons, although I still enjoyed them to some extent, just didn't measure up to the original. Season two was okay, season three was a bit better, and season four was okay, with a somewhat empty conclusion.To me (and no doubt many others), the first season of Heroes will always stand out as the best. If I were reviewing this show by season, I would give season one a 10. The other three seasons, although I still enjoyed them to some extent, just didn't measure up to the original. Season two was okay, season three was a bit better, and season four was okay, with a somewhat empty conclusion. Overall, definitely give the first season a chance. The other three are worth watching in my opinion, but don't expect too much. Besides, if you go into a show expecting little, then you'll be all the more impressed if something does end up exceeding your expectations. Expand
  15. Nov 3, 2010
    This show was simply AWESOME. Nothing in the world can beat the concept and storyline, not even Harry Potter! Each episode had so much. The first season was amazing. Second season was the best. Third and Fourth weren't so good. Too bad that they had to kill it because of the high costs :|
  16. Jul 19, 2013
    Heroes has incredibly strong storylines, flawless character development, and wonderful music to accompany both characters and emotion packed scenes. Within it's first season it successfully explored the benefits and pitfalls having incredible (albeit somewhat deadly) gifts would have on the average citizen by exploring the aftermath of these gifts on a wide variety of characters (whichHeroes has incredibly strong storylines, flawless character development, and wonderful music to accompany both characters and emotion packed scenes. Within it's first season it successfully explored the benefits and pitfalls having incredible (albeit somewhat deadly) gifts would have on the average citizen by exploring the aftermath of these gifts on a wide variety of characters (which includes a New York politician, a nurse, a cheerleader from Texas, a comic book lover from Japan, and a working single mom) It's villain, Sylar, was compelling and creepy, and it's other antagonists, which included the charming Mr. Linderman and The Company, tied in the inevitable villain aspect of the whole hero-villain dynamic of the show. After it's first season, the show's quality diminished as some of the best parts of the show, (the individualized and initially isolated developments in the character's storylines especially) began to be overshadowed by increasingly overdramatic dialogue, an over exploitation of the tragic element of living with superpowers, and the self righteousness and sometimes plain stupidity and selfishness of some of the main characters that can easily irk a viewer. Even it's most frequent and compelling villain, Sylar, shifts from mysterious, deadly, and just plain scary to repetitive, whiny, and somewhat annoying as he somehow manages to escape death time and time again throughout all four seasons against all forms of logic to the contrary. All in all though, the acting is phenomenal, and it really is a wonderful show to get engrossed in despite it's flaws. Expand
  17. Mar 31, 2014
    This was a very good series with very diverse characters, the story line did go a bit off track but I was overall entertained until the end. However I was extremely annoyed by the ending, not going to ruin anything for those who haven't watched it but putting up To Be Continued wtf ! I know the show got cancelled but atleast draw a conclusion or do a two-hour special concluding the series,This was a very good series with very diverse characters, the story line did go a bit off track but I was overall entertained until the end. However I was extremely annoyed by the ending, not going to ruin anything for those who haven't watched it but putting up To Be Continued wtf ! I know the show got cancelled but atleast draw a conclusion or do a two-hour special concluding the series, ending on a to be continued has and still pisses me off Expand
  18. ColdH
    Jul 20, 2007
    Incredible show... Nothing else to say...
  19. SorryNospam
    Nov 30, 2006
    Excellent Character Development. Good development of overall universal mythology.
  20. LKnight
    Oct 17, 2006
    The plot and cliff hangers keep the viewer's attention on the show, rather than making it wander off to what one did at the office that day. When I watch this show, I hardly know that an hour has gone by! That is a quality I rarely ever find in a television show.
  21. Briankk
    Dec 4, 2006
    Great show! Always leaves you longing for the next new twist. Keeps you guessing who is good and bad or both. Great writing! Story and presentaion!
  22. MikeT
    Dec 7, 2006
    While the premise is not original. The cast pulls out the stops to execute a beautiful show.
  23. EdS
    Oct 28, 2006
    Mediocre writing and acting are overcome by good special effects and a very tightly plotted premise. Extra points awarded for the "oh my god, I remember wishing I had super powers when I was a kid" emotions it stirs up.
  24. Kenji
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the characters, then why would they care what happens to them? Expand
  25. L4
    Oct 4, 2006
    Great show. I'm excited about the actors they casted for this show. THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!!
  26. ac1983fan
    Oct 5, 2006
    Awesome series! It's one of the best series on TV.
  27. jamest
    Feb 6, 2007
    I have been waiting for a show like hereos to hit television for a long time, it's up there with lost!
  28. PaulR
    Feb 8, 2007
    What a remarkable show. The only reason I didn't give it 10 was the fact that in the rare event a quesion is answered, it just raises another 3 questions which we have to wait for an answer for... but what a show!
  29. KuyaP
    Apr 22, 2007
    When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect of the show also which is a plus. Also, the acting is not bad at all. The story line is addicting, and the whole show is solid, concise, and non-repetitive. There's a reason to watch every episode, and every episode makes a whole; missing one throws everything out of perspective. I've stayed away from super heroe shows ever since I was 16 because they become very repetitive and boring. This show is a super hero kind of show that appeals to kids and more mature young adults as well because it mixes a solid story line as well as the appeal of "super heroes." Expand
  30. PinoyA
    Apr 22, 2007
    This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in the show are: not bad acting, interracial actors and actresses, unique powers (someone had compared the powers to X-Men which is not true at all; the powers each character has has a purpose into this complex, solid, well-thought story line). The graphics are simple but flawless. I've stopped watching superhero shows since I was a teen, but watching this show is different. It's not repetitive like the other superhero shows. Expand
  31. AL.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Absolutely thrilling to watch and excellent!
  32. MichaelS
    Jan 12, 2010
    When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly could; although its the writers' efforts that give your imagination room to move with this series. Watch the episodes all at once rather than waiting week by week though because the series really drags on at times. Expand
  33. Kj
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. Good writing. I agree with the reviewer that said it's like a movie.
  34. Heroes#1Fan
    Oct 10, 2006
    One of the best shows I've seen all year!! Plot is suspenseful & thrilling! Keeps you guessing on whats next. Wish NBC would air 2 episodes a week... the suspense is killing me!! I LOVE IT!
  35. Chris
    Oct 10, 2006
    Excellent Show! First new show in awhile I can't wait to see. I record all other shows with my DVR but Heroes I have to see during its time slot!!! I think the show is only getting better over time.
  36. LauraF
    Oct 17, 2006
    Love it. It's the best of the season.
  37. jacobr
    Oct 2, 2006
    it's awesome! although i have no idea what power nikki has.
  38. CharlesV
    Oct 2, 2006
    Awesome show. Too SHORT!!! These first two episodes leave me daydreaming about what comes next. One suggestion though, don't give the mysteries all away too fast!! The mystery of everything that's going on is half the reason I'm so hooked.
  39. bobq
    Oct 23, 2006
    This is the first TV show in years that has grabbed ahold of my attention and imagination in such a powerful way! Heroes will be the biggest smash hit..its will spawn movies, books, comic and otherwise. A legend in the making like the twilight zone or star trek...be there NOW!!!
  40. StevenS
    Oct 24, 2006
    I hate giving shows a perfect score, bu the way I look at it is that a show deserves a perfect score if it becomes the best show of the season. That's exactly what Heroes is, the best show I've seen yet this year. Although, you can't count out Lost and Grey's Anatomy which are all very to close to me.
  41. MartyP
    Oct 20, 2006
    My new favorite show!!
  42. JoyceK
    Oct 20, 2006
    This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a cliff hanger so I am not only surprised the hour is over but anxious for the week to go by so I can see what happens next. This will deffinately be the next series I add to my DVD collection. Expand
  43. RonnieRTD
    Oct 3, 2006
    finaly NBC has a great show - hope they don't inject politics into it like law & order and ER
  44. CarnieM
    Oct 4, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show and I hate Gory creepy things. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  45. meme
    Oct 5, 2006
    Those so-called 'experts' that gave this show a low rating should be fired. They are oblivious to what the American public likes. It
  46. DawnTreader
    Oct 6, 2006
    This show looks to have a great start on a long running epic story. i hope that this show ends up being a combination, babylon 5, CSI, west wing, in terms of its ability to do real drama with mystery and science fiction concepts all roled in one!
  47. Jnorman
    Oct 7, 2006
    For the whole family. We all loved it!!!
  48. AnonymousMC
    Oct 9, 2006
    The best show on TV! Smallville has taken a close 2nd to Heroes.
  49. jayc.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Pretty good show. I am eager to see what is going to happen next. I really like the japanese time/space bending character but could do without the dual personality chic.
  50. GeorgeM
    Sep 24, 2006
    I watched the pilot episode earlier this week (online) and i really enjoyed it. It nicely switched back and forth between the characters and slowly showed their powers starting to take the forefront. For a first episode it also included some nice twists and set up a great conflict for the season. I'll be sure not to miss an episode of this!
  51. AnonymousD
    Sep 25, 2006
    Heroes just may have made NBC the television station to watch on monday night.
  52. NettleB
    Sep 26, 2006
    Excellent and entertaining - not a slow or boring second! Brilliant acting, and wonderfully compelling characters. I am so excited to see how this show plays out!
  53. ErikaDC
    Great ! ! !
  54. ZachH
    Sep 26, 2006
    just amazing! brilliant writing, filming, acting...it is so exciting, i cannot wait to see how this story unfolds!
  55. JeffM
    Sep 30, 2006
    Very promising. I almost passed on watching it, but I'm very glad I did.
  56. amandae.
    Feb 5, 2007
    amazing! i am hooked. i think the finale of this show should be a movie in a theater--like x-men. tv is not a big enough medium for where this show seems to be going ultimately. i actually never watch TV and i've been buying the episodes on i-tunes, that's how awesome this show is.
  57. battosaiiiii
    Apr 28, 2007
    Simply excellent.
  58. SteveS
    Aug 17, 2007
    It's the best super-hero show they've done.
  59. Calvin
    Sep 1, 2007
    This is the best tv series I've seen ever
  60. KevaughnH.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Amazing show that gives a different perspective on superheroes; a more realistic view of how a superhero really acts, unlike the comic heroes we normally get. It lets us see a different side of a hero and what they go through. The show isn't about high flying constant action, its actually about the hero and his/her experiences in a world without many others like themselves.
  61. DrewT
    Feb 15, 2008
    The professional critics are fools! this show is great on a number of levels.
  62. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Save the cheerleader indeed. A cross between Fantastic 4 and Highlander with all sorts of reflections about diversity and mutation.
  63. Trent
    Nov 1, 2006
    Better than some superhero movies, seriously.
  64. michaelb
    Oct 11, 2006
    I asolutely love this show its a big distraction from Smallville on Thursday, two great shows about seemingly ordinary people and super powers.
  65. dc
    Oct 10, 2006
    This is the best tv show i have seen since....well transformers back in the late 80's! I hope it sticks around for a long time, im tired of all these other stupid shows!
  66. Jeff
    Oct 10, 2006
    I would have given the show a 5 if all I had seen was the pilot. The show seemed to fall back on clichés, and the characters aren
  67. KariP
    Oct 12, 2006
    Wow this HAS to be the best tv show there is.
  68. RakoA
    Oct 14, 2006
    I love the new show. I only have time to watch a few shows a week and this is #2 on my list right after #1 Survivor. A must see for anyone with any imagination.
  69. AliciaG
    Nov 4, 2006
    I am so excited about this show. Finally, a show comes along that I cannot wait to see each week. That hasn't happened to me since Nip/Tuck. Heroes is my new favorite!
  70. yeahright
    Oct 16, 2006
    rocks
  71. AbbyB
    Oct 17, 2006
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! This is one of the only real series kind of show on primetime TV I actually make an effort to watch.
  72. jfab
    Oct 18, 2006
    Great Writing and great overall show, Would be a Gr8 movie, you can;t wait until mondays !
  73. aldo
    Dec 10, 2006
    is great thats all i have to say
  74. BThompson
    Oct 23, 2006
    It is not a suprise that those of you who use words like diffuse to describe this show would not find it fun. Get over yourself and use words we "regular" folks use every day. Maybe then you will see what a fun comic book ride this show is.
  75. joeym
    Oct 23, 2006
    addictive, sometimes stupid, but always entertaining
  76. JoshuaF
    Dec 3, 2006
    This show is great fun. With so many characters, the show does a good job of developing them. There are no "flat" characters. I haven't come upon a character that I like or dislike all the time. There aren't any completely "bad" guys or "good" guys.
  77. EmyS
    Oct 24, 2006
    There are 2 things on primetime that I will make a real effort to watch. The first is LOST, the second is Heroes. It is a GREAT new show.
  78. michaelg
    Dec 4, 2006
    Best new show on TV. Can't wait until Monday night to see what is happening next. As good as 24.
  79. ashleym
    Oct 24, 2006
    i'm not a comic book fanatic and i think its a great show, just pure fun to watch, easy to get addicted to
  80. DavidB
    Oct 24, 2006
    As a big fan of sci-fi and comic books, I would definitely have to say this is the best show I have seen that combines the elements of both in quite some time. I must say I really look forward to TV on Monday nights now thanks to NBC. Heroes is awesome!!
  81. sandyf
    Oct 3, 2006
    I loved the first show. The second had so many long commercials in it; I felt ripped off. I couldn't even get into the scene when again we cut to another commercial. I think they doubled up on them because they didn't show many last week. That's cheating.
  82. JeremyL
    Oct 3, 2006
    One of the better pilots and follow ons. The key to the success seems to be in what 'Lost' did in the entire first season, just give you enough information to wet you appetite, but not enough to satisfy, therefore, making you come back for more. Example, the likeability of Hiro's character, and Mrs. Hyde's 'power' still being unknown (but you get the sense One of the better pilots and follow ons. The key to the success seems to be in what 'Lost' did in the entire first season, just give you enough information to wet you appetite, but not enough to satisfy, therefore, making you come back for more. Example, the likeability of Hiro's character, and Mrs. Hyde's 'power' still being unknown (but you get the sense that it is something sinister and forboding). I disagree with those who say that character development is lacking, there isn't space for War and Peace in the time frame allotted, and the writers did a considerable job of giving you insight on the number of characters that they did in the Monday night time slot given. A very fresh approach... please quit with the X-men comparisons. Just because it involves super powers and mutations.. the similarity ends pretty much there and the writers are doing a good job of keeping us guessing. Expand
  83. V.Girl
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is refreshing. It's going to be big. Better than lost
  84. MatthewC
    Oct 3, 2006
    Currently heroes is (in my view), the best show on tv. From the subtle incline in revelations to the general quality of the production. The tv series has movie sensibilities, but somehow manages to surpass all similar movies. This is actually better than the xmen series of movies, because it tackles and deals with more real, more taxing, darker, superior, subjects. And does so stylishly, Currently heroes is (in my view), the best show on tv. From the subtle incline in revelations to the general quality of the production. The tv series has movie sensibilities, but somehow manages to surpass all similar movies. This is actually better than the xmen series of movies, because it tackles and deals with more real, more taxing, darker, superior, subjects. And does so stylishly, with flair, and fantastic storyline potential. Expand
  85. RickyBobby
    Oct 4, 2006
    Some of the acting and dialogue is sub-par. The actually story is what keeps me watching.
  86. TH
    Phenomenal new show!
  87. Lestatboi13
    Oct 7, 2006
    The show needs to be two hours long instead of one!!!
  88. LelandK
    Sep 26, 2006
    Excellent. Destined to be a classic.
  89. C.Cotton
    Sep 26, 2006
    The show does take itself too seriously, but.... It was fun and the characters were for the most part likeable. When the show ended I did find myself wanting to see what happended next.
  90. Rico
    Sep 26, 2006
    This was a welcome surprise. The show is very similar to by J. Michael Straczynski's Rising Stars series of graphic novels. I think the series has promise. The negative critics aren't giving it a chance to mature. I look forward to new episodes. Also Ali Larter is hot.
  91. BrandenS
    Sep 26, 2006
    I can just tell this is going to be one of those addicting shows. I already can't wait to see the next episode!
  92. Asrugan
    Sep 26, 2006
    This show has great potential, let's hope it lasts!
  93. L.S.C
    Sep 27, 2006
    Kept me riveted for the entire hour! Too bad it wasn't a two-hour premiere - they packed so much into it! Can't wait for the next episode.
  94. MattL
    Sep 27, 2006
    Let's see where this goes but it looks fun for the moment.
  95. alxrod
    Sep 27, 2006
    Brilliant! The best pilot of the season. I loved it. Sort of Unbreakable mix with Xmen. Really good. I hope they'll be able to keep the excitement. Can't hardly wait to see what's next. Cheers!
  96. MichelleE
    Sep 28, 2006
    This show was utterly amazing to watch, and discuss afterwards. The possibilities are endless for the characters and Milo Ventimiglia is just brilliant as Peter.
  97. ZoroCG
    Nov 30, 2007
    If you just ignore the silly voiceovers at the beginning and end of each show, the pretentiousness factor (which some of the more negative professional reviews above seem to refer to) drops down about tenfold.
  98. sonjeC.
    Oct 20, 2007
    It's hard to disagree that this is an amazing show when EVERYONE in school watches it at least in NJ anyways kevin l how could u give it a 0 and say its best on dvd.
  99. HeatherC.
    Dec 21, 2007
    It's a show that grows on you. I have to admit, that in the beginning, I didn't like it. I hated it. Since I watch lost all the time, I was making all the comparisons. Weird freaky connections, black kids with superpowers, strange companies (dharma, the company), plot twists, no one in the hell knows what's going on. So I bashed it for a bit, calling it a Lost rip-off It's a show that grows on you. I have to admit, that in the beginning, I didn't like it. I hated it. Since I watch lost all the time, I was making all the comparisons. Weird freaky connections, black kids with superpowers, strange companies (dharma, the company), plot twists, no one in the hell knows what's going on. So I bashed it for a bit, calling it a Lost rip-off (they're very similar in the bare bones of things). Then Sylar happened. yes, Sylar. i admit, i think Sylar's hot. but mostly since he's the best villain i have seen. Ben on lost is just plain creepy but Sylar is complex and I understand what he's going though in a weird way... yeah, there are holes and yes the second season is a bit messy. but after the writer's strike is FINALLY over, i will be happy. because they're real. i am certain that if ordinary people mysteriously obtained superpowers, they would react in the ways the heroes people have. some would think this is a higher calling, others would use it for their advantage, and others would try to be rid of their powers. I've grown to deeply like it and i suppose my family is tired of hearing me praise Sylar all the time. plus for me, it's like lost never ended. Expand
  100. KevL.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Best show on the Box, the BBC better tie up season 2, those greedy sky punters already took LOST.

The show is too diffuse, hokey and self-consciously portentous to suggest suspenseful possibility.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The writing is uneven... but the idea is audacious enough to keep you following the loose threads.
  3. "Heroes" is one of TV's most imaginative creations and might, with luck, become this year's "Lost."