8.6

1. Jul 12, 2012
    One more british series that (no surprise) goes to heart of controversial transsexual Chloe and the relations of 2 adolescents and 2 younger kids who recently lost their mother. 10+ !!!
  2. Jul 21, 2012
    Wow! Saw a poster for the show and thought I'd give it a go. First episode I thought "interesting I'll watch the next", then I was hooked! Brilliant cast and writing. A very different concept to the usual thriller/dramas with lots of angles to it. I hope Sky film more, loved it.
  3. Aug 13, 2012
    For all its flaws and occasionally botched execution, Hit & Miss remains an extremely compelling preoccupation. From its sumptuous cinematography to Sevigny's awkwardness and destructive impulses, few would begrudge Abbot a second series, if only to right the irksome wrongs of the first.
  4. Aug 27, 2012
    Very mixed feelings about this show.

It is an interesting concept, and the story line is interesting enough (a little slow moving though). After an entire season I feel like I don't know much about the characters or their backgrounds. The thing I really dislike is Chloe Sevigny's acting. The accent alone is very poorly done and she slips out of it all the time. I'm not an expert on
    Very mixed feelings about this show.

The thing I really dislike is Chloe Sevigny's acting. The accent alone is very poorly done and she slips out of it all the time. I'm not an expert on accents but it sounds pretty bad, and I think Chloe Sevigny is a borderline actress, the last thing she needs is a bad accent on top of that.

Also, they use foley sound effects for the fights. Seems really out of place in such a serious drama.
  5. Apr 8, 2015
    This is a series not to be missed! it exists on so many levels with acting that is touching. Themes involve trans-sexuality, what constitutes a family, adolescent development, motherhood, and the effects of criminal behavior as the criminal's life changes. One word that comes to mind when thinking of this series is: rich.
  6. Jul 23, 2012
    Отличный сериал с незабываемой атмосферой.
  7. Apr 21, 2015
    An honest and confronting portrait of a transsexual woman, with a little crime thrown in for good measure. Loved the intertwining plot themes very much; it made for much drama. Terrific acting from all.
  8. Jul 31, 2013
    Stumbled upon this gem on Netflix. It's one of those treasures you can find from time to time. The acting is superb as is the storyline. Truly a Great Show!

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Jul 12, 2012
    Hit & Miss has so many ups and downs that it cannot dodge the critical judgment any hack might deliver by quoting its title.
  2. Reviewed by: Curt Wagner
    Jul 12, 2012
    It's an incredibly poignant look at Mia and her new family, and Sevigny is outstanding.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jul 11, 2012
    Every performance here is good--the young actors are remarkable--and though the script sometimes goes just where you would expect it to, the characters seem authentically unpredictable.