• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
8.3

1. Jun 24, 2014
    The show is still great, but it begins to fall apart in this season. Way too much romance and no enough plot development to get this show going, but it is still good
  2. Sep 2, 2014
    La primera temporada estaba bien, solo bien. No era mala pero le faltaba algo de emoción, la cual solo llegaba en los últimos 3-4 capítulos.
    La segunda temporada es bastante superior en ese aspecto, los actores siguen siendo correctos pero aquí la trama es mucho mas dinámica e intrigante que antes. Es emocionante desde el primer capítulo hasta el último, el cual quizás sea el mejor de la serie hasta ahora.
    Ahora estoy viendo la tercera y de momento tiene un ritmo mas pausado. Veremos.
    De momento, me quedo con esta temporada.
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    Homeland is still one of the best series on television. In this season, the acting was even better, the Carrie-Brody moments were downright beautiful. There were a lot of twists and turns and they were handled properly. I must say that the writers of the show are so daring and great at what they do. Of course there were a few plotholes in this season especially in the finale but I refrainHomeland is still one of the best series on television. In this season, the acting was even better, the Carrie-Brody moments were downright beautiful. There were a lot of twists and turns and they were handled properly. I must say that the writers of the show are so daring and great at what they do. Of course there were a few plotholes in this season especially in the finale but I refrain myself from calling them plotholes as they'd be explained in next season properly (hopefully!). So much happened in this season and I only hope for more in the next season and I really want it to be even better than the first season. Expand
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    Many people were definitely frustrated during the whole first season and so was I. Constantly. And this season offers the best storyline anyone could've hoped for knowing how high the expectations have been since the show first premiered. Season 2 deals with more complicated matters, especially Brody's political career. I know many smart-ass out there fell that the show is nothing likeMany people were definitely frustrated during the whole first season and so was I. Constantly. And this season offers the best storyline anyone could've hoped for knowing how high the expectations have been since the show first premiered. Season 2 deals with more complicated matters, especially Brody's political career. I know many smart-ass out there fell that the show is nothing like real intelligence, but last time I checked, I watch (fictional) TV shows for the sake of entertainment. If I wanted to learn something real, I'd go watch a documentary or read a book or go teach myself. And the season finale! Totally didn't see it coming! Expand
  5. Dec 31, 2012
    Homeland is one of the stronger shows on TV at the moment. The second season takes a few episodes to finds its groove again and suffers throughout from instances of Carrie's hotheadedness and inability to follow orders. I really struggle to believe that such a liability would be employed by the CIA, but hey it's just TV.

The events of the first episode The Smile are just about as

The events of the first episode The Smile are just about as contrived as possible to bring Carrie, who finished the previous season having electroshock therapy, back into the fold at the Langley. Once Carrie is back, the momentum of the show shifts hugely, one of two shifts in this season, as evidence comes to light that Brody is a terrorist and more importantly that Carrie's theories were correct. Considering the events of the first season and also Carrie's flirtation with suicide in State of Independence, this is a pretty major change in direction for the show as Carrie is no longer alone and frustrated and receives the support (and apologies) of Saul and Estes. The second change in momentum is perhaps even greater and brings Brody into the CIA operation to target Abu Nazir. These shifts keep the show fresh and intriguing and both are delivered in true dramatic Homeland style. The episode Q&A features some great scenes between Carrie and Brody, delivered with great intensity by Claire Danes and Damien Lewis. Even following Brody's switch, the writers manage to retain a sense of distrust and ambiguity over Brody's actions to drive the show forward. He clearly gets away with one act of terrorism during the final episodes but is he responsible for another?

Carrie's health demons play less of a role this time around, instead her relationship with Brody picks up a few gears and there are certainly shades of Romeo and Juliet, as two star crossed lovers who can never truly be together. Mandy Patinkin's understated Saul is one of my most favourite characters on TV.

Steering into 24 territory (unsurprising considering the show's writers), the season ends with a big bang in the fantastic finale The Choice with major consequences for all the major characters.
  6. Aug 15, 2013
    When I first started watching Homeland, I was inclined to believe it was overhyped...I was dead wrong in that presumption by the time I got to season 2, which beat out an impossible standard by such a far distance I'm ashamed to say I judged it so harshly from the very beginning.
    I'll cut this review very short, for fear of giving something away, and just state that the second season of Homeland takes the most jaw dropping turn in events I've ever seen from a television show, just when you begin to think it's all over.
  7. Oct 25, 2012
    Homeland is one of the best shows on television right now. This and Breaking Bad are the only really great dramas on TV. The difference between the two is that Breaking Bad moves at a slow pace, wheres Homeland moves and develops are 100 miles an hour. Things are constantly being revealed, and just when you think the writers have cornered themselves, they easily write there way out of it.Homeland is one of the best shows on television right now. This and Breaking Bad are the only really great dramas on TV. The difference between the two is that Breaking Bad moves at a slow pace, wheres Homeland moves and develops are 100 miles an hour. Things are constantly being revealed, and just when you think the writers have cornered themselves, they easily write there way out of it. Claire Danes is the best actress on television and Damian Lewis is a fantastic actor. The entire cast can really act (besides the guy who plays Brody's friend Mike) and the writing is terrific. A great all around show. Expand
  8. Dec 13, 2012
    At first I was pretty skeptical to watch this series, I thought it was still a series that dealt with terrorism again, the American house superhero who will save the world against the evil Arabs, but I was surprised by the quality of the acting in particular Claire Daines & Damian Lewis and especially the originality of the script
  9. Nov 26, 2012
    This show gets better and better with each episode. I was a bit skeptical at first on how far they could take a story line about an American Hero turned traitor, but they continue to amaze me on the direction they are taking. Great acting, great story, great suspense, great characters.
  10. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  11. Mar 22, 2016
    With one foot rooted in reality and another in the nail-biting trappings of a geopolitical thriller, “Homeland” returns with the assured sense of a series that captivated viewers in numbers few Showtime programs have. Anchored by Damian Lewis and Claire Danes, the show resorts to plot threads that strain credibility to get season two rolling, but once the narrative begins hitting itsWith one foot rooted in reality and another in the nail-biting trappings of a geopolitical thriller, “Homeland” returns with the assured sense of a series that captivated viewers in numbers few Showtime programs have. Anchored by Damian Lewis and Claire Danes, the show resorts to plot threads that strain credibility to get season two rolling, but once the narrative begins hitting its stride in the second episode, it’s clear the program remains on a rarefied creative tier, tantalizingly mixing terrific performances with anything-can-happen edge.

Developed for the U.S. by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, whose resumes include “24” and “The X-Files,” “Homeland” cleverly borrows from both — indulging in conspiracy theories and paranoia, while capitalizing on deep-seated fears of terrorism and sleeper agents within our midst.

Without giving too much away, season two sets up its own psychological war — this one within Lewis’ Nick Brody, the former POW who was broken in captivity, embracing Islam and his terrorist captors. Now firmly ensconced back home as a recently elected congressmen, Brody can’t escape his past — and must wrestle with the extent to which he’s willing to continue serving those who would do America harm. Moreover, there’s the little matter of concealing this internal struggle from his family, particularly his wife (Morena Baccarin) and teenage daughter (Morgan Saylor).

As for Danes’ emotionally scarred CIA agent, Carrie Mathison, her arc last season left the character in such an unexpected place that there’s nowhere for her to go but up, and the producers do a credible job of bringing her back into the story, if not fully making her whole again, after she was essentially drummed out of the agency.

“Homeland” takes some creative license in braiding these threads — one element in particular arises faster than seems plausible — but its backdrop of world events, with Israel and Iran on the brink, couldn’t feel timelier. There are also promising cast additions, including Zuleikha Robinson (“Rome”) as a journalist.

Mostly, “Homeland” plays like “24’s” smarter kid brother — less inclined to provide facile answers or black-and-white heroism. If the Fox show became a form of shorthand for politicians in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, this one reflects a more nuanced approach, without sacrificing tension (as proof, watch the second hour) or excitement.

With Showtime’s signature original “Dexter” winding down, the baton has clearly been passed. For how long remains a legitimate source of skepticism, since like “Breaking Bad,” the serialized narrative that makes “Homeland” so bracing also invites questions regarding how long the producers, like Brody, can maintain their delicate balancing act.

Still, for them, and their network, that’s thus far a nice problem to have.
  12. Apr 5, 2013
    Solid season.First half was excellent with incredibly orchestrated tension and uncertainty.The second half fell flat on the other hand with illogical,unrealisitic plot points and ridiculous situations.Still a very good show and an enjoyable season with good acting,directing,and solid writing.Season 1 was superior but season 2 is still worth checking out. I give it a 7.7/10 overall.
  13. Dec 14, 2012
    Season 2 definitely loses no time in getting back into the thick of things, and it is definitely at the same level of season 1. There are only two detractors to be mentioned, first there is a notable decrease in plot twists compared to the first season, which took a lot of the suspense out, and second, I always felt this trouble emotionally connecting with the main characters. Still,Season 2 definitely loses no time in getting back into the thick of things, and it is definitely at the same level of season 1. There are only two detractors to be mentioned, first there is a notable decrease in plot twists compared to the first season, which took a lot of the suspense out, and second, I always felt this trouble emotionally connecting with the main characters. Still, wonderful season. Expand
  14. Dec 27, 2012
    I'm still not quite sure how they pulled something so awesome. This is a masterpiece on the level, that I haven't enjoyed in many years. Right now, on television, I can count things really worth seeing on just one hand and this show is finger number one.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    Just like last season, Homeland delivers those tense moments that have you on edge. I thought this season's plot was again well done and the actors did a great job. The finale left me with anticipation for next season with a major question unanswered.
  16. Jun 19, 2013
    This season was good but no where near as good as season 1. You have the same ingredients as season 1 but this year went a bit overboard. Good but hoping season 3 is as good as season 1, but the way season 2 ended, not sure if it will be able to do it.
  17. Jan 14, 2013
    Excellent First half of the season, the second part is strong, but adapts cliche's, weak plot points with a conclusion that's filled with unsatisfactory results .
  18. Jan 4, 2014
    It deserves an 8 as an averaging result of a 10 of the first half of this season and a 6 of the second half. The first half is as effective as the Season 1 as a character study and as a thriller. But the second half is a mess, it doesn't keep you very engaged, the story unfolds without showing anything new nor very interesting.
  19. Jan 17, 2013
    Season 2 delivers at times to much obvious plot twists which ruins the experience slightly. The acting is still good. Some parts of the show needs to be developed more. It feel like it takes leaps at times that aren't congruent. The show is still that good though. Watch it.
  20. Aug 31, 2013
    Carrie Mathison is my bro. Honestly, the strongest and balls-to-the-wall most well-acted and realised female character in the history of television. This show constantly plays cat-and -mouse with sense and plausibility but it always finds a way to reset the game higher, even while it loops back to plot points we thought were resolved for once and for all. I don't know how many seasons theyCarrie Mathison is my bro. Honestly, the strongest and balls-to-the-wall most well-acted and realised female character in the history of television. This show constantly plays cat-and -mouse with sense and plausibility but it always finds a way to reset the game higher, even while it loops back to plot points we thought were resolved for once and for all. I don't know how many seasons they can realistically get out of this, but season one and two are dynamite, urm make that C-4... barrels of it. I'm not quite done s2 but hey.... Stay with it, doubters, it'll take you places! I rarely give out 10's, this gets a 10. Expand
  21. Nov 20, 2012
    This weeks show used a silly daughter to just fill time. Clair Danes always seems to be running around for no real purpose. Is she an agent or not. The entire hit and run made no sense except, that the poor girl got to throw Brody's daughter out of her house!!!
  22. Dec 28, 2012
    Aside from maybe one so-so episode this season of Homeland is just as good as the first. I didn't think it was possible but Claire Danes & Damien Lewis topped what they both showed in the debut season. Season two allowed more of the main cast to showcase what they could do, most notably Morgan Saylor & Morena Baccarin who both have moments of brilliance this year. This is the kind of showAside from maybe one so-so episode this season of Homeland is just as good as the first. I didn't think it was possible but Claire Danes & Damien Lewis topped what they both showed in the debut season. Season two allowed more of the main cast to showcase what they could do, most notably Morgan Saylor & Morena Baccarin who both have moments of brilliance this year. This is the kind of show that comes around maybe twice a decade at best. Believe what you've heard when it comes to the massive praise this show has attained. Best show of 2012! Expand
  23. Oct 3, 2012
    Breaking bad and this show are way above anything else currently on television. Amazing everything. Do yourself a favor and check out the show. The critics are dead on.
  24. Dec 25, 2012
    I love me some Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Dexter, and Game of Thrones. But none of those show leave me with such anticipation for the next episode as Homeland does. Homeland is a true masterpiece in terms of writing, narrative, and plot. Can't wait for Season 3.
  25. Oct 3, 2012
    I like this first episode of the new season a lot. We know the characters well now so the pacing has picked up. Not only that but the premise looks like it will be just as intense and interesting as last season's (if not more so). Co-developer, writer Howard Gordon (24) knows what he's doing.
  26. Oct 12, 2012
    Every episode is like watching a four-star Hollywood thriller, it's that good. The plot twists are insane. Brilliant acting all around- Claire Danes will be a legend for her performance.
  27. Dec 17, 2012
    Still a good show but its all getting a bit silly ...and Claire Danes character is waay to over - emotional and weepy...especially for a so-called CIA agent. The romance that is on and off again between the 2 main protagonists makes little sense also.
  28. Dec 31, 2012
    More interesting, a best screenplay and much more adrenaline turns Homeland return in the most expected show of 2012. Claire Danes gives us a lesson of acting. This show is growing constantly.
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    I was a bit skeptical about Season 2 of Homeland. Frankly, my skepticism grew even bigger after watching central episodes (5,6,7), but the series regained momentum in the last four shows. Its biggest positive aspects are the bond that the viewer creates with every character, the constant suspense as to what their true intentions are, the unexpected plot turnrounds, and overall spy-movieI was a bit skeptical about Season 2 of Homeland. Frankly, my skepticism grew even bigger after watching central episodes (5,6,7), but the series regained momentum in the last four shows. Its biggest positive aspects are the bond that the viewer creates with every character, the constant suspense as to what their true intentions are, the unexpected plot turnrounds, and overall spy-movie atmosphere. Its biggest flaw? Sometimes it seems worthless to watch the whole episode, as the real plot-twisters come always at the end of each episode. Expand
  30. Oct 3, 2012
    This is a show that knows what it's doing. The writing is crisp, as is the directing. The acting is amazing, especially Danes, Lewis, and Patinkin.

1. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2012
    The show hasn't lost its clever agility at building pressure-cooker suspense and then lobbing in a surprise. [8 Oct 2012, p.55]
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 1, 2012
    Homeland is as riveting and addictive as when we last saw it, kicking off with no lull in the pulse-pounding action.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Sep 28, 2012
    Given the extravagances of the plot and the characters, that it feels plausibly seated in the real world is a testament to everyone involved in its production. But it is especially due to the actors.