House : Season 6

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.6

1. donuts
    Nov 6, 2009
    it was fan-freaking-tastic, but ti didn't hold my attention like the others. maybe they'll throw a wrench in the works of something soon too keep the attention of the viewers, but this season seems strangly bland.
  2. Mar 19, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. You know, miraculously healing that girl at the end is probably the ONLY major mistake this show ever made, cut it some slack. Season 6 was by far the best season, managing to emphasize House as the most important character despite having brilliant episodes about Wilson and Cuddy. Expand
  3. jorgec.
    Sep 26, 2009
    A mute girl who miraculously talks in the end? Really? That's the kind of corny garbage I used to watch House to get away from. I really hope this doesn't mark the jump-the-shark moment for this great show.
  4. Mar 2, 2011
    I will watch every so often when I can't find anything else on. Vomit, faint, convulse, get rash, bleed from every orifice. Fight, back stab, nearly kill the patient, grumble, oops. Once the first team broke up it never seemed to get its momentum back. I did like the season where House was choosing his next team but the two male doctors are pretty boring. Now there are others on theI will watch every so often when I can't find anything else on. Vomit, faint, convulse, get rash, bleed from every orifice. Fight, back stab, nearly kill the patient, grumble, oops. Once the first team broke up it never seemed to get its momentum back. I did like the season where House was choosing his next team but the two male doctors are pretty boring. Now there are others on the team and I am not crazy about them. If you are doing the same basic medical scenario every week, you need interesting characters. Expand
  5. MikeN
    Sep 21, 2009
    Writing a story about recovering from mental illness is probably very tough and the premier episode does a decent job thanks to some clever writing and a good job by Laurie.... however..... the end is BAD. Healing a catatonic by means of a music box? Please. And the final message the episode exits on--- "Take your meds" is horrible. Awful. Repulsive.
  6. MichaelA
    Sep 21, 2009
    Finally, a break in the old formula. Not only were the first two episodes excellent, but hopefully they representing something the writers haven't done before: change House. For five seasons House has been afraid of it, but if this premier tells us anything, it's that he's becoming a better person. He's not just off the Vikodin ether. Hopefully they won't forget Finally, a break in the old formula. Not only were the first two episodes excellent, but hopefully they representing something the writers haven't done before: change House. For five seasons House has been afraid of it, but if this premier tells us anything, it's that he's becoming a better person. He's not just off the Vikodin ether. Hopefully they won't forget this in the next episode. Expand
  7. BrandonS
    Sep 21, 2009
    Great season premiere, proving once and for all that House, and House alone, is what makes this show successful. Everyone else at the hospital is expendable. Having Andre Braugher (in my opinion the greatest actor of our time) on hand certainly doesn't hurt. It was wonderful seeing them duke it out. House is an excellent show, and this may have been its best episode (except for the Great season premiere, proving once and for all that House, and House alone, is what makes this show successful. Everyone else at the hospital is expendable. Having Andre Braugher (in my opinion the greatest actor of our time) on hand certainly doesn't hurt. It was wonderful seeing them duke it out. House is an excellent show, and this may have been its best episode (except for the rapping scene). Expand
  8. JasonN
    Sep 22, 2009
    Not my favorite episode, but not the worst episode either. We saw a different side to House, but I hope that this season is not all about the institution.
  9. annc
    Sep 22, 2009
    High Laurie is so good - and he's matched by several cast members. You really believe all this stuff in spite of a few absurd goofs - how did that woman get to remain in house? so to speak..
  10. GregK
    Sep 22, 2009
    A solid performance by all actors, many of which we have never seen.
  11. CharlesB
    Sep 22, 2009
    Everything I was hoping for and more. Well done.
  12. DS
    Sep 22, 2009
    I was quite disappointed in the season opening. Loved the opening and then it was downhill. Having House transition from an addicted, bitter depressive into discovering intimacy and how to trust and seek help in the space of two hours -- oops, a few weeks -- was so facile, it made it for difficult watching. And by trying to treat the subject of addiction seriously, it failed miserably in I was quite disappointed in the season opening. Loved the opening and then it was downhill. Having House transition from an addicted, bitter depressive into discovering intimacy and how to trust and seek help in the space of two hours -- oops, a few weeks -- was so facile, it made it for difficult watching. And by trying to treat the subject of addiction seriously, it failed miserably in its over-simplification. The writing was terribly predictable and hit all the cliches of mental hospital dramatizations that have come before. It felt at times like it was a direct steal from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest -- but if you compare spending these 2 hours with the 2 hours of that film, it's like comparing spending 2 hours reading People Magazine to The Economist. I've been a regular admirer of House for its intelligence, wit and sparring between characters all in the setting of the medical diagnostic. This sunk to melodrama (the relationship with the German woman) and neat, simplistic answers to addiction. Expand
  13. LynnB.
    Sep 22, 2009
    Hugh Laurie was a tour de force - brilliant. The rest of the cast, from Franke Potente to the psychiatrist, to all of the patients, was superb!
  14. RonS.
    Sep 23, 2009
    Mondays tv show was better than the movie "One flew over the cuckoos nest" Terrific show.
  15. AnoNymous
  17. JeanneD.
    Just perfect!
  18. TomM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I'm a little surprised at the ratings being given for this episode. I'm a fan of House and have all the seasons on dvd but this was, imo, dangerously close to a "jump the shark" episode. I expect better writing than this.
  19. MattB.
    Sep 26, 2009
    Best 2 hours of tv ever.
  20. DanV.
    Sep 28, 2009
    "House" has reached an all-time low with this pathetic episode. Two thickly padded hours trudge by as you wonder, were the writers paying homage to "Cuckoo's Nest", or "Girl, Interrupted"?
  21. ShayS
    Sep 28, 2009
    The WORST show on television.
  22. LeoS
    Oct 4, 2009
    Actually i thought this was an EXCELLENT episode. but it was excellent in such a way that it would have made a perfect series finale. the show cannot continue after the developments in the hospital. as the following episode clued in on, the "character" of House is now crippled, not just his leg.
  23. ChrisS
    Oct 15, 2009
    House continues to thril and bring new and exciting plot twists to keep things shaken up. The writing crew for this show need to. You can only skin a cat so many ways, just like you can only do a semi-serious medical drama for so long. It's all about the side stories. A rehabed Greg House makes for a brighter and more pleasant experience on season 6. But House is no bucket of House continues to thril and bring new and exciting plot twists to keep things shaken up. The writing crew for this show need to. You can only skin a cat so many ways, just like you can only do a semi-serious medical drama for so long. It's all about the side stories. A rehabed Greg House makes for a brighter and more pleasant experience on season 6. But House is no bucket of sunshine. His attempts to enjoy life lead to alternate routes of annoying his peers and those that work under him. He may not be as volatile, but he's just as witty and even more charming as the grumpy boss. Not only are the characters as good as always this time around, there are some much bigger and more captivating moments that have proved this show isn't growing stale any time soon. Politics, love conflicts, job changes... they all shake things up yet again (as we saw between seasons 3 and 4). It's a new take on where it all began. Haters be silenced. If you don't like House this season, it's just not your brand of tea. Even the less-convinced can still enjoy what's being offered with five seasons under this team's belt. Expand
  24. SummitH.
    Oct 16, 2009
    The 2 hour episode kept me engaged, but I did fear it would be House MD's "jump the shark" moment. I haven't tuned in for the other episodes, so I can't say whether or not the charm of the first 5 seasons are gone. And the mute chick was pretty cliche. Espicially for House, which seemed to pull off something cliche, every now and then, and make it seem original.
  25. RosemarieD.
    Oct 17, 2009
    Nothing on TV has compelled me to view each episode with this level of unfailing loyalty since I was a child watching "Ringo" a.k.a., "Johnny Ringo" --anybody remember? Anyway, House completes my life.
  26. LS
    Oct 23, 2009
    Jumped the shark. The next three episodes were similarly weak with more sharking gimics: Cameron kills patient. What next, Foreman goes gay? House abducted by aliens? The series is on the skids with a politically corrected House, poor writing. Too bad.
  27. CameronB
    Oct 25, 2009
    Storylines are are top-notch. Very enthralling. The show has returned its attention back to the original cast, and it's as though they never left. Meanwhile, House is taking on a new lease of life, and though he's still the most entertaining jerk on television, we can see his heart shining brighter than ever before.
  28. HarveyB
    Oct 27, 2009
    House is a very incredible,riveting show about one of the greatest doctor's ever(in the show). i have seem parts of the previous seasons and season 5 in full and i can truthfully say House season 6 doesn't disappoint. its a shame Kal Penn is now working for the president as he had to quit the show. the shows cast consist of the second season, dropping the surgeon and the hot House is a very incredible,riveting show about one of the greatest doctor's ever(in the show). i have seem parts of the previous seasons and season 5 in full and i can truthfully say House season 6 doesn't disappoint. its a shame Kal Penn is now working for the president as he had to quit the show. the shows cast consist of the second season, dropping the surgeon and the hot "Thirteen" from the show. they seemed to be extra baggage as i do not find them crucial to the show and do not miss them. House fans will obviously watch and those of you new, i strongly recommend this on top of shows like "the Cleveland show" Expand
  29. VincentD
    Nov 4, 2009
    This is my favorite season so far -- and I'm a fan! I don't agree with the criticism of the opening 2 episodes. I was in that situation, and the show was VERY realistic. I guess you have had to be in a nut-house to understand. This season is stronger than usual, and I applaud the writers for injecting a new and exciting season!
  30. Jun 18, 2011
    The series keep going with great moments but it also started to fade in some aspects.
    I really hated the special 1st episode and the next. Then it started to pick it up. The best episode to me is the one with Lisa Cuddy and her stressful life, it comes to get you and at the end you yield out laud really.
    So far my favorites seasons are 4 and 5.
  31. Feb 15, 2015
    It begins strongly, with the bold new direction of a redeemed House, as well as some other new dynamics. For awhile, we almost feel like the show can return to its greatness. Then it slowly falls apart, in ways that aren't even really worth getting into. At first it seems like it could just be a symptom of the show getting too tired at the end of a long season. But rest assured theIt begins strongly, with the bold new direction of a redeemed House, as well as some other new dynamics. For awhile, we almost feel like the show can return to its greatness. Then it slowly falls apart, in ways that aren't even really worth getting into. At first it seems like it could just be a symptom of the show getting too tired at the end of a long season. But rest assured the lousiness is set to follow the show from there to the end. Expand

1. A trite, untrue mental-illness mystery insults the show's high IQ, but doesn't diminish the opener's capture-the-imagination thesis: that a redeemed House can be just as compelling as a rude House.
  2. The episode has a few sentimentality issues (any plot point involving a music box walks a very fine line), but it doesn't matter much because the characters are so vivid they even outshine House at times, which can only be good for him.
  3. Other complications arise as well, and Laurie is superb in this episode, carrying scenes so strongly that for long stretches the viewer will forget the absence of his regular colleagues entirely.