• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 16, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
8.6

1. Jan 23, 2011
    House, M.D. is one of the most cerebral shows, as well as one of the funniest and most well-written shows of all time. It is a clever blend of reality and fiction. It will keep you guessing throughout as well as make you laugh.
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    Terrific dialog. Normal people who are not plucked out of the pages of GQ or Vogue. Nice pacing, with believable sub-plots stringing across episodes, and the week's plot wrapped up in a neat package by the end of the episode.
  3. Oct 12, 2011
    Amazing show, Dr. House is an incredibly charismatic and complex character and Hugh Laurie does such a tremendous job of playing that role. The show does a great job of balancing drama and comedy along with the characters changing/evolving over time.
  4. May 26, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. House MD is hands-down my favourite TV show of all-time! What makes it unique is a protagonist sharing similar characteristics to that of Sherlock Holmes but set in the diagnostic world of medicine where rare cases are waiting to be solved by this Sherlock character known as Gregory House. His team and his friends in the hospital are what make the show of course and all bounce back off him with ideas, conversations and theories. You get to see patient surgeries, rare cases and stuff normal ER shows and the like don't show and are just every day cases and in comparison to this, just boring. Through Season 1 - 8 characters leave and go. Some think this is bad whereas others as myself think this gives variety for new characters to be introduced, almost always character endings get closure and always come back for cameo appearances in the Princeton Plainsboro hospital. Like I said cases are not the only thing that keeps me coming back for more and more, heavyily dramatised events where depression, unfortunate circumstances occur to the characters and just out-of-the-ordinary events keeps you intrigued and immersed in this world from Season 1 all the way 'till the end of Season 8 which is said to end with one of the best finales on TV this year. Every House M.D. season has reached more than 80.1 million viewers worldwide which is crazy and the show is in my opinion of the best, earning numerous awards during its premier and playthrough of seasons and been ranked as one of the most successful TV shows of all time. If it's not the best TV show it's definitely the best medical/drama show on the planet! House MD for ever! 11/10 - if possible, I would give it. Fans need to understand this show is about House himself and does involve the others but mainly him and his interactions so he's not always in the hospital solving cases (but the majority of the time he is and they take about an episode each, he does do clinic hours in between solving normal cases in a matter of seconds without even going next to them but just by observing - brilliant mind. The fact is this show hasn't lost it but become more mainstream without losing fancy medical terms and names and still retaining the great originality and awesomeness of the show. Each episode people watch in shock and awe and I always check on the internet for the names I do not know and what they usually are in more detail. Surprisingly, most of the mistakes are not medical ones... lol. So yeah, don't think this show has gone off-track or hill since characters have come and go, they are great, will be remembered and is sad to see some go but these interactions are what we notice and love with them and House and it is mainly about House - he'll never leave, otherwise no show! Besides, characters when leaving, always have closure and makes you feel better about them and understand them more than ever and that's what so great about this show, everything is perfectly scripted and set out. The finale has been rumored to call back all characters previously left for a cameo appearance in the last episode as a way of saving goodbye with the title 'everybody dies' of the episode name, this is a spin off of House's saying/philosophy about people 'Everybody Lies' as well as when solving cases always dismisses the auto-immune disease 'Lupus' saying "It's never Lupus!", which has become a well-known joke by fans over the time of the series' events. Basically summarized, this is and will always be the best TV show ever! 10/10! Expand
  5. Mar 1, 2013
    House MD centers around a misanthropic, cynical and egotistical jerk named Greg House who has flash epiphanies that allow him to diagnose difficult cases. Each episode follows a simple formula of symptom, false diagnoses, epiphany and correct diagnosis. The personal lives of the doctors and patients are analyzed and discussed using cunning insights and witty dialogue. There are a lot ofHouse MD centers around a misanthropic, cynical and egotistical jerk named Greg House who has flash epiphanies that allow him to diagnose difficult cases. Each episode follows a simple formula of symptom, false diagnoses, epiphany and correct diagnosis. The personal lives of the doctors and patients are analyzed and discussed using cunning insights and witty dialogue. There are a lot of funny moments with House deriding people or being sarcastic. The magic of the show is that it has a simple and effective procedural structure and completely unpredictable dialogue. This is one of the best shows of recent years. Expand
  6. Aug 16, 2013
    This was tied for my favourite TV show, ever. I was saddened when they announced that Dr. Gregory House would not be in any more strange adventures which somehow tie into the plot to save the patient in the end.
  7. Sep 7, 2014
    I've been watching this on netflix for a little bit now, and I haven't even finished the first season yet. I really like it so far though. I like the medical mystery and the plot line a lot. If you enjoy medical dramas, I'd highly recommend checking this out.
  8. Sep 17, 2014
    I love House. I love how thoughtful the lines in it are, I love the puzzles and how nicely they tie in with the side-drama between the main characters. I love how each of the medical mysteries are different throughout the seasons. I love what an **** House is because even though he's an **** he's a funny **** at least. I love how smoothly new characters get introduced and little by little,I love House. I love how thoughtful the lines in it are, I love the puzzles and how nicely they tie in with the side-drama between the main characters. I love how each of the medical mysteries are different throughout the seasons. I love what an **** House is because even though he's an **** he's a funny **** at least. I love how smoothly new characters get introduced and little by little, layers about them get peeled off so you learn more and more details just as you would get to know an actual person. It balances drama with intellect and comedy just beautifully.... showing the characters as they evolve and change and grow throughout the series while of course saving the lives of many interesting patients.

Admittedly, I would love to give it a 10 but the reason I can't is because I really can't say I enjoyed the 8th/last season as much as I loved the others. I own all of them on DVD (just before they got put up on netflix) and although I'll watch any of the seasons multiple times I don't watch the last one nearly as much. Secondly, I do have to point out that, for the most part, the layout of the show is all the same and you sort of come to expect it. It's enjoyable but....still....redundant....

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Jul 1, 2013
    Funny, probing and unsentimental, House may shock the systems of viewers used to sweetie M.D.s like ER's Dr. Carter. But as an honest look at techno-medicine and the prerogatives of genius, it's a tonic.
  2. Reviewed by: Terry Kelleher
    Jun 28, 2013
    House stands out on the strength of its misanthropic main character.
  3. Reviewed by: Gillian Flynn
    Jun 18, 2013
    Between Laurie's more-great-than-good doctor and cases that encompass everything from bad ham to complete body meltdown, House preys on all that's wrong (and some of what's right) with modern medicine.