• Network: CBS
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
8.5

1. HR
    Jan 7, 2010
    I had avoided the show, it didn't sound sooo compelling, but after the first episode I was immediately hooked. This show easily tops "Friends", and makes my wife and me laugh out loudly. It's funny, it's versatile, and the acting is totally impressive - because it's convincing. A real gem!
  2. Apr 3, 2013
    One of my favourite shows and one of the best TV has to offer... Although you can tell it got most of its ideas from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. the storyline is unique funny and you get attached to the characters from the first episode. In addition to that the way they show us the mother in the episodes is genius and you just cant wait to find out who she is... The only reason its not getting aOne of my favourite shows and one of the best TV has to offer... Although you can tell it got most of its ideas from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. the storyline is unique funny and you get attached to the characters from the first episode. In addition to that the way they show us the mother in the episodes is genius and you just cant wait to find out who she is... The only reason its not getting a 10/10 is that some episodes can get a bit boring... Expand
  3. rah
    Nov 3, 2012
    I love this show. Every week it makes me laugh hysterically and gives me a reason to come back. All the actors are great, but what really makes me laugh is Barney Stinson played by Neil Patrick Harris. I highly recommend this show.
  4. Feb 24, 2015
    HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is often unintentionally dry and repetitive. Often you find yourself yelling at the screen in frustration of the stupidity of some of the lead characters, but the whole show is saved by a hilarious Neil Patrick Harris.
  5. Sep 14, 2011
    Although it has some ideas stolen from "Friends" it still has a catchy storyline and five characters that have a consistent personality. The show has funny jokes to spend a good time and laugh a lot.
  6. Sep 26, 2011
    This is a great show . They have the jokes which're right on spot and make me laugh through the whole show . The Storyline 's getting more exciting with the love and some real life lessons . And there come the awkard part where Robin didn't make much joke as the others , in fact , she only have 3-5 joke in an episode . Cobie Smulders isn't quite nailed this role either . But the otherThis is a great show . They have the jokes which're right on spot and make me laugh through the whole show . The Storyline 's getting more exciting with the love and some real life lessons . And there come the awkard part where Robin didn't make much joke as the others , in fact , she only have 3-5 joke in an episode . Cobie Smulders isn't quite nailed this role either . But the other things is great :P Expand
  7. Jun 4, 2011
    This show has a great cast , brilliant story lines , funny one-liners , believable plot and a huge amount of suspense as America , Europe and the rest of the world wait to find out who is the mother of , what has seem to become, our own.
  8. Jun 9, 2011
    This is an amazing series! I love it an I am totally hooked on it! I am one of the thousands upon thousands of people that really want to know who is the mother and how we meet her! I love it, it is funny, and has a lot of suspense!
  9. PeterH
    Nov 26, 2009
    This show is amazing! I know a lot of people are slating the show saying it isn't funny and whatever and I can see that if you just watch the odd episode then you might be somewhat justified in that opinion. But seriously, watch it from the beginning and I assure you that you will love it! It truly is one of the cleverest sitcoms ever made and to anyone who thinks it isn't well This show is amazing! I know a lot of people are slating the show saying it isn't funny and whatever and I can see that if you just watch the odd episode then you might be somewhat justified in that opinion. But seriously, watch it from the beginning and I assure you that you will love it! It truly is one of the cleverest sitcoms ever made and to anyone who thinks it isn't well written...you are just wrong! All I'd say is that even if you don't like it at first and don't think it's as funny as some others out there, stick with it and you will grow to love it and see that sitcoms don't just have to be about laughs all the time. The best show ever! Expand
  10. MelS
    Jan 12, 2010
    Love this show the cast is superb. I agree that the first season was not the best due to Ted's whininess but you just can't beat episodes like Slap Bet, Slapsgiving and The Playbook. If you tried this ut the first season and didn't like it try those episodes or try again soo funny. BTW the other guy who mentioned Family Matters as a REAL good show, is he kidding? That show Love this show the cast is superb. I agree that the first season was not the best due to Ted's whininess but you just can't beat episodes like Slap Bet, Slapsgiving and The Playbook. If you tried this ut the first season and didn't like it try those episodes or try again soo funny. BTW the other guy who mentioned Family Matters as a REAL good show, is he kidding? That show was only semi good when I was twelve, no wonder why he doesn't like this hilarious show. He is probably also a fan of Big Bang Theory. Expand
  11. DavidG
    Jun 23, 2009
    A simply put, four years lasting Life Lesson.
  12. Jun 4, 2011
    An amazing show, NPH is outstanding and the others are irresistible! It is a knock-out, as NPH would say, it's LEGEN.....wait for it.......DARY! So funny and has it's deep moments! Incredible, beware though, you might get hooked on fun!
  13. Oct 28, 2012
    In my opinion How I Met Your Mother is one of the best TV shows ever. Especially Barney Stinson makes it very funny for the viewer, because his art is very cool. The story is most times good, but there are some lows, too. Some people say that it's boring, however this show is amazing and should never end.
  14. JohnR
    Mar 13, 2010
    Awesome!
  15. Jun 4, 2011
    This is nothing like friends, just people do not want to move on.....and they don't have to, but they also don't have to bring down every other show because this is a refreshing new show and is really funny! It has a great cast and once you start watching it.....you have to go buying every other series, it is just this AWESOME fire deep within you, a LEGENDARY watch!
  16. JT
    Dec 1, 2009
    I hated this show at first. I thought the premise was lame, the narration was awkward and NPH was too one-dimensional. Then I gave it an honest shot. Now I can hardly get enough! It's not the best nor the funniest show on TV, but it's close. (Note: I still don't really like the first season mostly because Ted is so whiny).
  17. EmilyR
    May 8, 2009
    This is my favorite show that's currently on TV, and it has been since it started! I laugh out loud every week but I've also cried a couple of times and I love the characters.
  18. BrendonM
    Nov 22, 2005
    This show is great -- if you're looking for a "Friends" replacement, this is close as you'll get. Neil Patrick Harris rocks as Barney -- his character reminds my wife and I of a friend of ours -- we've all known the self-centered slick guy who really thinks he's doing the world a favor. The rest of the cast is spot on dealing with the relationship stuff. Give this a This show is great -- if you're looking for a "Friends" replacement, this is close as you'll get. Neil Patrick Harris rocks as Barney -- his character reminds my wife and I of a friend of ours -- we've all known the self-centered slick guy who really thinks he's doing the world a favor. The rest of the cast is spot on dealing with the relationship stuff. Give this a shot if you haven' t already -- it deserves a second season! Expand
  19. NCdudeHIMYM
    Jan 19, 2006
    A better version of friends. Funny, wit and young.
  20. SusanH
    Nov 16, 2009
    I have never laughed aloud like I do for this show. It's so clever, witty and adroit. I could watch each episode over and over and still find things to laugh about. I love the tie ins from week to week.
  21. Oct 19, 2012
    I truly love this show it is the best sitcom since "FRIENDS" Neil Patrick Harris is funny as hell however Jason Segal is a little wierd but eithr way it's still the best sitcom ever.
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    My favorite show. It takes humor, wit, and some romance and blend it in a pleasant show with appealing actors and an original storyline. Also, the way they present the mother and use symbolism throughout the show is genius.
  23. SteveS
    Oct 10, 2005
    The best new show on TV. Subtle and outrageous at the same time.
  24. Becky
    May 30, 2007
    this show is very funny, and i've just started watching it. Some of the writing is weak though, and i thought The Class was more fun and interesting, but i will keep watching this show.
  25. sg
    Apr 5, 2006
    best show ever
  26. JohnR
    Apr 17, 2007
    Awesome!
  27. EvanH.
    Sep 30, 2008
    It's like Friends, but updated, funnier, and with more meaning. Four seasons on, it's grown up and become even more. Excellent show.
  28. alex
    Oct 9, 2009
    Great show, started off a little slow in the first season, not much chemistry and writing was pretty lame. But from there it took off as the characters became more hilarious
  29. JacyL.
    Aug 2, 2009
    One Word Legend ... Wait for it ... Dary ! Great Show, great plot, kept me laughing the whole way through.
  30. JohnnyBravo
    Oct 10, 2005
    This show is great. One of the best shows i've seen in years. All the characters mesh well. Very funny.

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Like ''Friends," this is not a big-themed series so much as a bunch of little character jokes and relationship confusions getting batted around by an able cast.
    The script is just poor.
  3. Chicago Tribune
    Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Manages to get the balance of cuddliness and snark just right.