Howie Do It : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jan 9, 2009
3.3

1. denniss
    Jul 27, 2009
    WoW!!, i cannot believe that some of the people posting here actually liked this piece of garbage. Incredible what the American TV viewer has become. This show is alongside "I'm a Celebrity" for worst TV show in recent history.
  2. CarolC
    Jun 6, 2009
    This was one of the funniest show I have seen in a long time. I could not wait for Friday to come so I could watch it again, but alas, it was not on last week.
  3. NancyM
    May 2, 2009
    Love the show...I love off the wall hysterical humor....I think I could write some funnier ideas but once in awhile they are really funny!!
  4. RayG
    Apr 10, 2009
    This show might be funny if you are a simpleton.
  5. DominicM
    Apr 3, 2009
    I've never seen such a horrible show. ONCE in a blue moon, you'll see something that resembles humor, but it's rare - like - 1 out of 100 espisodes. What I laugh at is how these audience members aren't clapping or laughing, but they make the sounds as if they were. THEN, when the do laugh, you know it was not meant for the scene that was played. I HATE THIS SHOW SO I've never seen such a horrible show. ONCE in a blue moon, you'll see something that resembles humor, but it's rare - like - 1 out of 100 espisodes. What I laugh at is how these audience members aren't clapping or laughing, but they make the sounds as if they were. THEN, when the do laugh, you know it was not meant for the scene that was played. I HATE THIS SHOW SO MUCH, I want to vomit. Expand
  6. JeffF
    Mar 27, 2009
    I hate this show, it is pathetic beyond belief. It's not funny at all, I can't figure out what the audience thinks is so funny, maybe they are watching something else?! And what's up with the drummer dude, I still can't figure that out! Also, I am getting tired of Howie and his stupid fist bump routine.
  7. EJ
    Mar 9, 2009
    I find myself laughing out loud at least once an episode. It's clean fun for family viewing...which is hard to find on TV these days.
  8. ChrisE
    Feb 13, 2009
    Not even funny, wasted time i will never get back in my life... Its supid.
  9. JimP
    Feb 6, 2009
    Howie is not funny. That is why his career died. He was very fortunate to be resuscitated with Deal. This show is dull as dirt.
  10. JaeC
    Feb 6, 2009
    Pathetic excuse for entertainment. Paying people to get them to make fools of themselves is sad. As the economy gets worse I expect so will this show.
  11. SteveA
    Feb 2, 2009
    Jamie Kennedy did it before and better.
  12. EdN
    Jan 30, 2009
    This is got to be one of the dumbest shows that is out. Who ever writes these pranks needs to be fired. Howie is not funny and it is pathetic to hear this is howie do it every other minute. I would rather watch commercials.
  13. BobS
    Jan 30, 2009
    Episode 1 Jumped the Shark! Terrible.
  14. roser
    Jan 30, 2009
    I love Howie, but this show is his WORST... give it up, Howie, it is just NOT funny. It looks like a genre that has been overused. You can do better than this.
  15. ChrisC
    Jan 27, 2009
    The first hour shown of the show was terrible. However a very funny thing happened. The show became MUCH funnier in the shows aired since then. I think the early critics should give it another shot. It's actually funny now.
  16. RickM
    Jan 26, 2009
    Viewers should be paid to watch this show. A total waste of time.
  17. MarkR
    Jan 24, 2009
    Felt it my duty to watch this for Howie's sake. So I call it my "Howie Duty Show". For every 5 or 6 segments shown in an hour, I feel 1 or 2 are downright hilarious. The rest are kind of weak.
  18. DakotahJ.
    Jan 21, 2009
    I knew not to expect much from the show for some reason,but it might be literally the worst show i've ever seen...the jokes aren't close to funny.I mean c'mon the opening joke was just howie spraying guys in the face with water,and the format?..record gags and show them to a live studio audience on a huge tv,what kind of format is that?...
  19. johnb
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not funny and extremely hard to believe these people don't know its howie under those stupid wigs.
  20. DanielL.
    Jan 17, 2009
    I watched this show last night and it was NOT FUNNY at all.. It could be a good show but they do not plan out the stunts.. and they just throw it all together.. HORRIBLE SHOW. I used my DVR to tape two half hour segments and I could not watch the 2nd half hour.. What a waste.
  21. ElrodG
    Jan 14, 2009
    Did I miss something? where was the funny part? Howie was funny when he first came to light back in the late '80's -- - but this show was sad. I bet it won't last a season.
  22. SylviaSylvia
    Jan 13, 2009
    I don't understand the critics above. This show is so freaking hilarious I nearly broke the leg on the chair I was sitting in, I was laughing so hard. Don't forget folks: all of these "marks" have given their permission to have their humiliation aired on national TV. We're in a tough time in this country... we need to lighten up. This show is HILARIOUS!
  23. GrantK
    Jan 12, 2009
    Awful. The show ranged from crude to crass. Here's one hilarious example. Some guy is set up -- they love to call these folks "the mark" -- and is convinced he's going to be in a contest to get the most phone numbers from women at a bar. When sitting next to one woman, he's told to use ice-breaker lines like, "You have nice legs....when do they open?" Oh my gosh, I nearly Awful. The show ranged from crude to crass. Here's one hilarious example. Some guy is set up -- they love to call these folks "the mark" -- and is convinced he's going to be in a contest to get the most phone numbers from women at a bar. When sitting next to one woman, he's told to use ice-breaker lines like, "You have nice legs....when do they open?" Oh my gosh, I nearly fell off my chair --- racing for the remote to change the channel! Howie did it -- Once. Not to be repeated. Expand
  24. stevep.
    Jan 11, 2009
    Funny Stuff, very light on ideas, but is ment to fill an hour and get some laughs.
  25. JaniceG.
    Jan 11, 2009
    I LOVE Howie Mandell, and LOVE when he pranks people! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes during the weatherman portion. It just shows what people are willing to go through just to get their chance to be famous! I hope if NBC is not smart enough to keep, and back "Howie Do It" then another network will grab it! However, Lord knows NBC needs all the help it can get with keeping I LOVE Howie Mandell, and LOVE when he pranks people! I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes during the weatherman portion. It just shows what people are willing to go through just to get their chance to be famous! I hope if NBC is not smart enough to keep, and back "Howie Do It" then another network will grab it! However, Lord knows NBC needs all the help it can get with keeping viewers! Most shows on NBC (with a few exceptions) are not worth watching! Thanks! Expand
  26. EuniceH.
    Jan 10, 2009
    Painfully stupid show. So bad you cringe watching it. Absolutely nothing funny about it. Complete dud.
  27. TerryW.
    Jan 10, 2009
    Awful, meanspirited, and worst of all for an alleged comedy show, not funny.
  28. SusanM.
    Jan 10, 2009
    I watched the TV show last night and it said to post your tricks but i am not seeing where to tell our tricks we have done?where can we send the jokes that we have played on some one?

It's sad, really, how unimaginative Howie Do It is. Given all the resources at NBC's disposal, and given the fact that NBC is desperate to regain ratings footing, this is the best the executives could come up with?
  2. Turns out they do it [prank shows] pretty much the same as everyone else. But the sight of a bewigged Mandel blasting TV weathermen wannabes with water is pretty funny stuff.
  3. There have been far nastier hidden-camera efforts than this. Better ones, too. Yet to be sure, in the opening hour, Howie Do It at least delivers laughs more often than it inspires groans.