Season #: 1, 2
8.1

1. May 17, 2014
    Never in my life have I seen my own life reflected through a TV series. Without being stated, I felt as though I'd gone through Kieran's' story when I came out as gay to my family and the trials I'd gone through. The storyline is fresh for a zombie-based series and it promises to become a smash hit; how it hasn't been widely recognised by the public yet baffles me.
  2. May 18, 2014
    Absolute must see if are interested in horror. The story is convincing and clever, the direction the same among the genereal accepted. Clear case, when the screenwriter is better than the graphic designer.
  3. Jun 26, 2014
    I felt that season one was remarkable. It couched the zombie story in a sensitive and sensible way. I am so sick of watching ugly zombies chasing around and chomping on hapless still-living human beings. Haven't we a;; "been there-done that" enough already? Season two was a little disappointing since we now have zombie/human conflict that is beginning to get a bit close to chasing andI felt that season one was remarkable. It couched the zombie story in a sensitive and sensible way. I am so sick of watching ugly zombies chasing around and chomping on hapless still-living human beings. Haven't we a;; "been there-done that" enough already? Season two was a little disappointing since we now have zombie/human conflict that is beginning to get a bit close to chasing and chomping. I understand the political and social allegory going on here and it is quite good. Still, a little disappointing but also, still, the best zombie show out there. Expand
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    Great show! I can honestly say that i can relate to all of the characters. Very well written. Kind of dark and sometimes funny. I am personally very impressed.
  5. Sep 23, 2014
    Decriminalizing a sickness is a first for Western Civilization if Britain can still be considered as such.

This is a delightful take on traditional zombification. This season treats rebelliousness of youthful zombies and different addiction topics
  6. Aug 26, 2014
    Refreshingly different to other sci-fi dramas out there. Credit to the creators, especially the writers as they have built something tight that can't collapse as do so many dramas. The premise, outrageous but simple, is now established. What is really fascinating is the number of avenues for exploration - family and society drama, sci-fi and big brother, coming of age and sexuality, it'sRefreshingly different to other sci-fi dramas out there. Credit to the creators, especially the writers as they have built something tight that can't collapse as do so many dramas. The premise, outrageous but simple, is now established. What is really fascinating is the number of avenues for exploration - family and society drama, sci-fi and big brother, coming of age and sexuality, it's all in there and if the writers are careful this could run for many series yet. And all this with zombies...sorry, Partially Dead Syndrome sufferers. Expand
  7. Nov 2, 2017
    An English oddity in the same vein as League of Gentlemen. American TV is so full of colour and British is so drab that it manages to make everything appear near death, zombie or not. We are set in the dreariest village of all time where mobile phones or police (or anyone with architectural taste?)are non existent. The show attempts a social allegory (which is poured on thick but itAn English oddity in the same vein as League of Gentlemen. American TV is so full of colour and British is so drab that it manages to make everything appear near death, zombie or not. We are set in the dreariest village of all time where mobile phones or police (or anyone with architectural taste?)are non existent. The show attempts a social allegory (which is poured on thick but it doesn't really spoil it) and is successful in conveying realism in such an odd way. There is a English premium granted by US audiences to UK productions. I'll subscribe to it myself this time for the sheer eccentricity of the show. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    May 9, 2014
    There are shades of “True Blood” and “Being Human” here, and you hope that the show doesn’t drift away from the everyday dilemmas of the Walkers, who are excellently portrayed by Mr. Newberry, Harriet Cains (Kieren’s no-nonsense sister) and Marie Critchley and Steve Cooper (their parents).
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    May 9, 2014
    A creepier, freakier Resurrection, in which the returned are almost human but just "other" enough to cause problems, Flesh aims high as an allegory of social prejudice and political extremism.
  3. Reviewed by: David Wiegand
    May 8, 2014
    In the Flesh is of course a complex and thought-provoking allegory.