Season #: 1, 2
8.1

1. Jun 19, 2014
    On of the best new shows out now. Since Breaking Bad ended, we are left with Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. Now, thanks to the BBC, we also have Orphan Black and In the Flesh. One of the very few must watch series for me right now.
  2. Sep 23, 2014
    Decriminalizing a sickness is a first for Western Civilization if Britain can still be considered as such.

This is a delightful take on traditional zombification. Unlike Walking Dead one is not left wanting a newly major character be killed off: #KillKarl Unfortunately this series as with most in the BBC is afflicted with the Social Cancer (tm) of socialism producing an

Unfortunately this series as with most in the BBC is afflicted with the Social Cancer (tm) of socialism producing an unpalatable THREE WHOLE EPISODES per season :(
  3. Oct 21, 2017
    It’s so typically English to take something as shocking as a Zombie insurrection and make it somehow mundane. It takes itself and the subject matter seriously. Its depiction of plain northern village life is very well done. The allegorical nature of the show is spread a bit too thick and it wandered into maudlin saccharine sweet territory a few times. But all in all, quite good and enoughIt’s so typically English to take something as shocking as a Zombie insurrection and make it somehow mundane. It takes itself and the subject matter seriously. Its depiction of plain northern village life is very well done. The allegorical nature of the show is spread a bit too thick and it wandered into maudlin saccharine sweet territory a few times. But all in all, quite good and enough here to warrant a second series.. Expand
  4. Jun 23, 2013
    At first, I wasn't sure about the premise. But the show surprised me. It takes a different look at zombies than any I had seen before. Done wrong, it could have been a disaster. But with solid writing and strong acting, I started to care for the characters and what they were going through. It's a solid show and I'm curious to see where they go from here.
  5. May 14, 2014
    A bit sentimental, A bit obvious, but the potential is overwhelming. Emily Bevan was absolutely fun to watch. The acting is mostly great. The direction is mostly passive/sneaky.
  6. Aug 31, 2013
    Never a fan of zombie anything but, thought this was so well done. So much symbolism, and great characters. I feel let down that it ended after 3 episodes. One part of me feels that it was the perfect time to end but, I would love to know more about these amazingly interesting characters.
  7. Jun 19, 2013
    A very strong drama that is layered with meaning. Doesn't deal with typical "zombie" show/film tropes. Enjoyable and easy to care for and most times connect to the characters in one way or another, even if they're not the person you find yourself liking. Highly recommend.

1. Reviewed by: Nancy DeWolf Smith
    Jun 6, 2013
    An atmospheric thriller wrapped around a nugget of social commentary.
    In the Flesh, which runs just three hours over the three nights, is best not analyzed too deeply for meaning and just enjoyed for its odd and fascinating concept.
  3. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jun 6, 2013
    In the Flesh, which starts strong and gets even stronger.