It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia : Season 4

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
9.0

1. AaronG
    Sep 7, 2009
    Seasons 1-3 were easy 10's and I gave season 4 every opportunity, it was just an awful, throw away season.
  2. FriendlyG
    Sep 20, 2008
    Continues to tread further down the slippery slope...with each passing season the show continues to spiral into even more unbelievable terrain and "laugh while we're grinning on camera" territory...what was a uniquely voiced, snarky show that let itself breathe between scenes in its first two seasons is now a frenzied mess trying to keep the ADD crowd hooked. Maybe some prefer the Continues to tread further down the slippery slope...with each passing season the show continues to spiral into even more unbelievable terrain and "laugh while we're grinning on camera" territory...what was a uniquely voiced, snarky show that let itself breathe between scenes in its first two seasons is now a frenzied mess trying to keep the ADD crowd hooked. Maybe some prefer the sped up insanity of the two recent seasons but I for one agree with Tim Goodman's review last year in that something is obviously missing from a once finally stirred concoction. Expand
  3. SethM
    Oct 4, 2009
    Seasons 1-3 were absolutely amazing. This season was still good, but not as good as the other ones. Seemed like the episodes we rushed in the writing process, making the episodes end with not great conclusions. Still a good season, but Always Sunny is slowly getting less funnier as the seasons go on.
  4. May 28, 2014
    Probably my least favorite season of the show. The storylines are uninteresting and the addition of many unnecessary and annoying characters made me almost quit watching this show.

Not all of the show’s demented comic gambits work, but Sunny gets points for inventiveness, and all things considered, the show is far more consistently entertaining than it was in its first couple of seasons.
  2. As usual, the improvised feel of the show adds to its energy.
  3. At some point, the gang on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will no longer be able to top itself, no longer do or say things that are even more wrong than the last thing they said or did. It hasn't happened yet.