I've Got A Secret : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 17, 2006
7.0

1. ChristopherP.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Jermaine Taylor tries his hardest to ruin the show and succeeds somewhat, and the other panelists are, at least, not excruciatingly annoying, particularly Billy, but the show itself just isn't that much fun, and none of the panelists are funny. The "clue" at the beginning of every game makes or breaks it for the contestant, as some are blatant giveaways while others barely have Jermaine Taylor tries his hardest to ruin the show and succeeds somewhat, and the other panelists are, at least, not excruciatingly annoying, particularly Billy, but the show itself just isn't that much fun, and none of the panelists are funny. The "clue" at the beginning of every game makes or breaks it for the contestant, as some are blatant giveaways while others barely have anything to do with it. Overall, it's just not that fun a show to watch. Collapse
  2. SteveA
    Oct 24, 2006
    A refreshing return to television produced for the purpose of entertainig viewers.
  3. michaelc
    Sep 27, 2006
    My wife and I really enjoy this show, it is very funny! The panel and the host really make this show come alive!
  4. RichardB
    Jul 12, 2006
    This shown is funny and entertaining. The host plays inton the panel and they do the same. The banter and actions during questioning can become hillarious. You will become a fan after watching it once or twice unless your lobotomy was a success.
  5. MattM
    Jun 22, 2006
    Why oh why does half the panel have to be flambuoyant gay men. I get very tired of that lazy, wink-wink humor.
  6. KittyKatz
    Jun 12, 2006
    Liove the show. I have two secrets, one involving Suzanne. Please contact me as I can't get thru on computer. 631 647-5400
  7. brendas
    Jun 8, 2006
    Love it...terrific
  8. BillC
    May 30, 2006
    This show is growing on me too. Particularly enjoy Suzanne, Frank & Billy. Frank is an excellent player (besides being very funny) and the way he digs in reminds me of Dorothy Kilgallen on WML. Keep the episodes coming!
  9. jayh
    May 28, 2006
    No, this is not a cerebral show and it's not meant to be. But is is 30 minutes of relaxed---but at times crazed---fun. The panelists are likeable (especially Billy) and witty (especially Suaznne and Frank) and the whole half hour is over much too soon. As for comparison with the original, keep iin mind that this is different era, and the old panel (with the possible exception of No, this is not a cerebral show and it's not meant to be. But is is 30 minutes of relaxed---but at times crazed---fun. The panelists are likeable (especially Billy) and witty (especially Suaznne and Frank) and the whole half hour is over much too soon. As for comparison with the original, keep iin mind that this is different era, and the old panel (with the possible exception of Henry Morgan's dry wit) could not in my mind match the humor of the current crew. Hey, I love it! Expand
  10. JKG
    May 17, 2006
    Fun to watch, but the weak point is host Bil Dwyer. He has all the stage presence of a bowl of oatmeal, and has a tendency to make the game much too easy for the panelists to win.
  11. NancyG
    May 15, 2006
    I think this remake, although the panelists are not as clever or witty as the original ones in the 50s, is a pretty decent effort and some of the shows are very entertaining, especially the episode featuring the Double Dutch Divas and Jermaine's Mother -- Jermaine's discovery that the secret guest was his own mother was very sweet and touching!
  12. L.Craney
    May 11, 2006
    I love the show, but I think the host gives away too much information when he gives the clue. The clues practically tell what the secret is.
  13. EricS
    May 9, 2006
    A great showcase of human oddities and talents. A fun romp with a wonderfully funny panel and a great playful moderator! It all makes for relaxing , fun, quality entertainment.
  14. Fred
    May 8, 2006
    Is it just me, or are all the panelists homosexuals? Not that I have anything against that. But seriously now... calling George Wendt "GEORGY-POO!" and "Big fella" is not really necessary... Anyhow, it's nice to see an attempt at reviving the old show, but the panelists annoy me, some of their guesses seem rigged, and the host makes it too easy by giving away too many clues and not Is it just me, or are all the panelists homosexuals? Not that I have anything against that. But seriously now... calling George Wendt "GEORGY-POO!" and "Big fella" is not really necessary... Anyhow, it's nice to see an attempt at reviving the old show, but the panelists annoy me, some of their guesses seem rigged, and the host makes it too easy by giving away too many clues and not keeping it restricted to yesses and nos. eh. Expand
  15. BenL.
    May 8, 2006
    This show is pure fun and I love the panel, especially Jermaine and Billy who are smart and witty!
  16. CindyR
    May 8, 2006
    Very entertaining. I honestly don't recognize anyone on the panel but they are all intelligent, funny and appear to be nice! :) I'd rather watch this than spouses trading houses a cop show. Thank you.
  17. Sheilab
    May 6, 2006
    Too silly,awful
  18. RobertJ
    Apr 28, 2006
    Garbage!
  19. MarkC.
    Apr 18, 2006
    This a fun show and I enjoyed watching it. Frank Decaro is a hoot! It's about time GSN found something fun and original to put on.

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Paul Katz
    This coarse, unfunny mess is a Secret not worth keeping. [21 Apr 2006, p.67]
  2. The B-list panel... doesn't measure up to the likes of erudite and quick-witted Henry Morgan or Bill Cullen. But they enjoy themselves, and their fun can be contagious at times.
  3. The original "I've Got a Secret" was such a simple game show, and such a simple pleasure, that the only way to botch a remake would be to either spice it up or dumb it down. The Game Show Network... manages to do both.