• Network: CBS
Season #: 1, 2
6.3

1. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    "Lord of the Flies" for reality television. Wait! "Lord of the Flies" IS reality television. Horrid.
  2. GeorgeHowe
    Sep 26, 2007
    I loved it! I'd actually give it a 7 but I'm rating it a 10 to off-set the ridiculous 1 it received! If reality tv is your thing, this is unique and emotionally impactful. Yes, I cried on numerous occasions.
  3. PenelopeB.
    Oct 16, 2007
    I really like this show. Sure, it's contrived, and edited all to heck, but those kids are spunky! And some of them are really hard workers and not shirkers. More of those in US society please!
  4. BrookeZ.
    Oct 10, 2007
    Um. I saw a clip of this show...kids murdering chickens? NO THANK YOU!
  5. SidN.
    Sep 26, 2007
    A show about a bunch of whining brats, oh how entertaining?!
  6. EdgarC.
    Sep 26, 2007
    It's a nice idea and it might seem cute a couple of times, but there are other reality shows out there are a lot better.
  7. JenK.
    Sep 27, 2007
    Thing I like about this show is that unlike adults on other reality shows who play it up for the camera. Most, if not all of these kids, seem to be genuinely themselves. I find that most refreshing! I am so sick of the adult reality shows where they pick over-the-top, obnoxious adults who will do anything to get attention.
  8. PaulaM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    My daughter and I watch this show every week and my daughter doesnt want it to end. she loves this show.
  9. JessicaS.
    Oct 17, 2007
  10. NateS.
    Oct 19, 2007
    this show is the best on 8:00p.m and nothing else compares with leadership and also excitement.
  11. GeraldB.
    Oct 3, 2007
    Get real. All the hype of these kids being dumped in a ghost town is so not true. It was a movie set. They were out there without any adults, not hardly, film crews, caterers for the crew, medical help etc etc etc. About as realistic as Peter Pan.
  12. EricS
    Oct 3, 2007
    Not even SNL is this scripted.
  13. RickyQ
    Oct 3, 2007
    A really well done show. it's nice to see something different done in the reality genre. The kids really are the stars of the show.
  14. AdamR.
    Sep 21, 2007
    Simply amazing!!!
  15. JGot
    Sep 20, 2007
    Sh.t is MONEY!
  16. FrederickD.
    Sep 22, 2007
    From the outset, the premise of Kid Nation is not so much "Survivor for Kids" but rather an exercise in children proving their vitality and worth. There is some drama, there are speeches, there is a physical challenge. While it is impossible to attach ourselves to all 40 children, the producers identify those who will (I assume) dominate the series. The producers seem to be doing their From the outset, the premise of Kid Nation is not so much "Survivor for Kids" but rather an exercise in children proving their vitality and worth. There is some drama, there are speeches, there is a physical challenge. While it is impossible to attach ourselves to all 40 children, the producers identify those who will (I assume) dominate the series. The producers seem to be doing their part to manufacture some conflict by dividing up the town and enforcing a class system. This seemed artificial as some of the children were already developing their roles in the society. That notwithstanding, Kid Nation seems to be shaping up to be an interesting social experiment. Let's see if they can build their ratings. Even if they do, I am certain we will not be seeing a second season (given the controversy). C+ Expand
  17. Sheila
    Sep 26, 2007
    Not as bad as I thought it would be, plan to continue watching.
  18. halb
    Sep 26, 2007
    I want to like this, I really do... As a character study of some very interesting and admirable kids, it works pretty well. As a Survivor-type drama, it pretty much fails to entertain, but hey, these are kids, not grownups. I think its highest value is as a kind of civics lesson for kids in the same age range as the cast. And I want one of those $20K gold stars!
  19. AmberS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Most amazing show ever!!!!
  20. GinaP.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Now Bonanza city might not be a real deserted city and it might not be adult free but it is a very good experience for kids and it can help them with their future greatly.
  21. MichaelR.
    Oct 21, 2007
    these kids act the same as the kids on a daily bases in real life.the kids on this show act just like kids that you see at a park.its just not entertaining its just silly
  22. BillT.
    Dec 10, 2007
    This is ridiculous. obviously scripted and far from entertaining. i'll give it a 1 though because none of the kids have died yet.
  23. PatrickL.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Kids whine, we know that. And there was plenty on the show. Get 40 college cheerleaders and dump them into a town with one port-o-potty and you would get a hideous amount of whining, bitching and moaning. The kids rise above the first two difficult days and show they can function in a societal system with out killing each other. I agree this is less of a reality show, and more of an Kids whine, we know that. And there was plenty on the show. Get 40 college cheerleaders and dump them into a town with one port-o-potty and you would get a hideous amount of whining, bitching and moaning. The kids rise above the first two difficult days and show they can function in a societal system with out killing each other. I agree this is less of a reality show, and more of an illustration of the natural brilliance and surprising creativity these kids have. If anything, this show will give us more to think about before labeling all kids as ADD-riddled X-Box addicts. Well staged and executed. The show also doesn't focus on knowing ALL 40 kids. They have plenty of episodes remain for us to get to know them. See this with your kids - I promise they will learn a lot from it. Expand
  24. KevinL.
    Sep 24, 2007
    A utter mess is all I can say. There is no clear base to this show. It relies on all controversy and no basic elements of a clear program. There is no clear demographic and it looks like a kid version of survivor of some sort. It lacks the watchable factor and it seems like there is good chance that there will be some erosion because it is a mess and is not even remotely entertaining.
  25. MattL.
    Dec 13, 2007
    This was a very good show it had parts or other show from cbs and other reality show but with its own taste to it with brought me back for more every 1 some down moments that could have been better but all in all very good show. Kidnation 2 please
  26. RachelleB.
    Dec 19, 2007
    This show is a great chance for young children of 8-15 to show off their stuff. I think that it is a wonderful oppourtunity for them to show us people their voice and say. I love this show.

But even if you pushed those questions about production ethics out of your mind last night, the Kid Nation premiere was still an uncomfortable, irritating, and narratively subpar hour of TV. It was a disorganized mess that milked its young cast for cacophonous psychodrama.
    There was one brief shoving match on the program, in which a 15 year old "got in the face" of an 11 year old, but most of the program was pretty sedate, if not a bit bland.
  3. Reviewed by: Julie Hinds
    Would the creators of Kid Nation please go to their room for a time-out and come up with something more original?