Kings : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Mar 15, 2009
8.7

1. MikeF
    Apr 6, 2009
    I tuned into this show because I thought the concept seemd ambitious and cool and because I loved Ian McShane on Deadwood. I have been disappointed over the first few episodes because the show takes no risks and uses cliche characters and plotlines. They could have taken the concept so many places and crafted a thoroughly original show, but instead they chrned out something unoriginal and I tuned into this show because I thought the concept seemd ambitious and cool and because I loved Ian McShane on Deadwood. I have been disappointed over the first few episodes because the show takes no risks and uses cliche characters and plotlines. They could have taken the concept so many places and crafted a thoroughly original show, but instead they chrned out something unoriginal and vanilla. With elements of such lame source material as Dallas, Dirty Sexy Money and Cruel Intentions, it's tough to imagine what kind of show this is supposed to be: an imaginative re-telling of a biblical story or a prime time soap opera. Expand
  2. davew
    Mar 17, 2009
    Terrible stilted dialog, mock-heroism, unconvincing battle scenes spoil what might have been a fascinating idea. Too bad.

If only Green had not made such a cold, bland stew of such rich and tasty ingredients.
    Kings does dip in and out of predictability, when familiar Spelling soap operatics and political machinations break through the show's unique surface. But it still is a fascinating effort.
    Happily, this generally well-told tale of a modern-day king and his restive court has more going for it than a charismatic performance from the dependably wonderful “Deadwood” star.